Oasis-Don't Believe the Truth official thread

Comments

• amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    wee bit bored of it now although i think its so much better than last 2 albums. worth owning alone for mucky fingers which i think is an excellent track!!

i need new PEARL JAM !!!!! :(
    Crapshoot - i'm lovin
  • Well I never thought my first post on this forum would be about Oasis but it's the first topic to catch my attention.

For what it's worth, I think Don't Believe The Truth is a great album. No doubt whatsoever it's their best since Be Here Now. These guys are bloody talented and so what if they re-write the past when they do it so well.
    One for each day, since I fell apart
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Well I never thought my first post on this forum would be about Oasis but it's the first topic to catch my attention.

For what it's worth, I think Don't Believe The Truth is a great album. No doubt whatsoever it's their best since Be Here Now. These guys are bloody talented and so what if they re-write the past when they do it so well.
    nice first post :D
    welcome to the pit :)
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    i think it will be very silly to cancel any dates on the US tour..cos the album is doing pretty decent now on the Billboard charts ( #37 this week) close to 100k copies sold which is an improvement from Heathen Chemisty too.
    i hope the US tour will boost album sales too,more people need to hear material from this album..i think it isnt doing as well as it should in US cos people are ignoring this album based on the previous 2 albums which got mixed reviews.

it'd be nice if it went at least Gold.... but i'd say to accomplish that they need a succesful u.s. tour (which it seems to be so far) and a few more hit singles or one really big single!
    it'd be nice if it went at least Gold.... but i'd say to accomplish that they need a succesful u.s. tour (which it seems to be so far) and a few more hit singles or one really big single!
    The next US single is Let There Be Love..and not sure if it's gonna do well..
    i think if they can sell 200k it would already be an accomplishment
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    The next US single is Let There Be Love..and not sure if it's gonna do well..
    i think if they can sell 200k it would already be an accomplishment

If they sell 200k thats fine with me! Oasis fans in the u.s are a special rare breed..... that's all it mean to me :)
    If they sell 200k thats fine with me! Oasis fans in the u.s are a special rare breed..... that's all it mean to me :)
    yeh lol..
    200 k would seem like going multi platinum! haha!
    just at times i feel its a pity a good record like this is being ignored by huge masses

YNWA
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    just at times i feel its a pity a good record like this is being ignored by huge masses

...because most of the huge masses don't know good music. i still love the album too.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
    PJammin' wrote:
    ...because most of the huge masses don't know good music. i still love the album too.
    sad but true..
    somehow i still feel people are ignoring this album due to the failures of their previous 2 albums and slag the band off even before giving a listen

YNWA
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    I picked this up today, I am impressed. So far I've heard "Lyla" through "Part of the Queue(sp?)" and its damn good. Its a shame that a lot of people are overlooking this based on Oasis' past records. I asked my teacher if he was gonna get it and he said no but he hasnt even heard this one, it was just based on the past few.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
    LedZepFan wrote:
    I picked this up today, I am impressed. So far I've heard "Lyla" through "Part of the Queue(sp?)" and its damn good. Its a shame that a lot of people are overlooking this based on Oasis' past records. I asked my teacher if he was gonna get it and he said no but he hasnt even heard this one, it was just based on the past few.
    yeh this is what i was afraid of...overlooking based of past records..
    Part of the Queue to me is really an underrated tune..its my favorite..but most people on the oasis forums dont rate it that highly

YNWA
    So far its one of my favorites too

Some die just to live.
    LedZepFan wrote:
    So far its one of my favorites too
    sadly it wont be a single as Liam confirmed..i think its a way better single than Let There Be Love or Love Like a Bomb

YNWA
  • i think oasis just need to kick ass on this US tour to get people interested in them again and create some buzz about them, so far the reviews i've read have been positive, liam's voice sounds great, the band sounds tight and Zak is kicking ass on drums, can't wait until wednesday!
    'sometimes i have everything, yet i wish i felt something'
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    sadly it wont be a single as Liam confirmed..i think its a way better single than Let There Be Love or Love Like a Bomb

i half agree. dont think let there be love will do well as a single stateside. love like a bomb has potential i think. also keep the dream alive.
    i half agree. dont think let there be love will do well as a single stateside. love like a bomb has potential i think. also keep the dream alive.
    dont think LTBL will do well in US too..
    but well LTBL is the next single in US while The Importance of Being Idle is the UK one..out August 22nd

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh this is what i was afraid of...overlooking based of past records..
    Part of the Queue to me is really an underrated tune..its my favorite..but most people on the oasis forums dont rate it that highly

so far it's my favorite on the album. "every beginning is breaking its promise."
    fucking great line.
    And after all this, won't you give me a smile?
    so far it's my favorite on the album. "every beginning is breaking its promise."
    fucking great line.
    3 of Noel's gems on this album Part of the Queue,The Importance of Being Idle and Mucky Fingers all have pretty strong lyrics.These 3 songs for me kinda has a connection lyric wise

YNWA
  • JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    I can't believe Liam wrote a song like he did. Guess God Thinks I'm Abel is a badass song..Liam went balls out for this one
    Jellyrolls wrote:
    I can't believe Liam wrote a song like he did. Guess God Thinks I'm Abel is a badass song..Liam went balls out for this one
    i was reading how the band thought the song was called Guess God Thinks I'm Mabel when Liam first rehearsed it.band was wondering why the hell does God think Liam is a girl named Mabel..:|
    i think its a great song..but among the Liam tracks..i prefer The Meaning of Soul and Love Like a Bomb
    GGTIA feels incomplete to me...really wished the did something with that outro

YNWA
  • JellyrollsJellyrolls Posts: 523
    Is there anything this band can't do?
    which Gallagher is the official frontman/lead singer?

Some die just to live.
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    LedZepFan wrote:
    which Gallagher is the official frontman/lead singer?
    Liam, now think of the best front man in the world, Eddie, nuff said
    Liam needs to stop smoking and drinking..its really affecting his throat

YNWA
    rumor is that Noel will be doing al vocals for their next 4 shows(including MSG) cos Liam is having throat problems...well its just a rumor..for now..

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    rumor is that Noel will be doing al vocals for their next 4 shows(including MSG) cos Liam is having throat problems...well its just a rumor..for now..

Ohhhhhh sh*t! I hope it aint truth....but dont beleive the truth...haha
    so how was MSG?!
    im sure some went!(not me of course :()

YNWA
  • it was cool, im hungover & have to head to work now, so ill let others write a review, same setlist that was posted here a few days ago, Liam was there, stayed the whole night, I had a great time., cool show
    "no more crowbars to my head"
    it was cool, im hungover & have to head to work now, so ill let others write a review, same setlist that was posted here a few days ago, Liam was there, stayed the whole night, I had a great time., cool show
    thats great to hear!
    MSG did help DBTT jump more than 10 places up on amazon too..so thats a great sign

YNWA
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    They come to Boston (well, technically Mansfield) tomorrow. I'm amped for the show. I'll have a review for you, but not until Monday.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman