Oasis-Don't Believe the Truth official thread

Comments

• amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    First it was Charlotte Church they were hanging around with saying she can drink em under the table now an Olsen twin!

I was listening to Be Here Now at the weekend and i've never realised before, i love every song on that album!!
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    First it was Charlotte Church they were hanging around with saying she can drink em under the table now an Olsen twin!

I was listening to Be Here Now at the weekend and i've never realised before, i love every song on that album!!
    yeh i love Be Here Now too! but its alittle too draggy

speaking of charlotte...good charlotte once said Oasis were better than the Beatles then performed Acquiesce lol..Oasis really have very unlikely fans
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    I haven't seen any feedback from Friday night's Boston show. I thought the band played great, and Liam's voice sounded fantastic. The setlist was pretty much the same as it has been throughout the tour, including My Generation as the final song. The band came on around 9:30 and played right up til the curfew of 11pm.

Highlights included Morning Glory, Champagne Supernova, DLBIA, and of course Wonderwall. There were no songs from Be Here Now or SOTSOG, and only two from Heathen Chemistry. Songbird got little reaction from the crowd, but Little By Little went over big, with many people singing along.

The crowd was a HUGE disappointment, from where I was sitting. The guys next to me were holding up cell phones during Wonderwall, but SAT DOWN during Rock And Roll Star. There was little singing along during Cigarettes & Alcohol. It seemed like most of the people were there to hear Wonderwall and that's it. I even heard one guy on the phone after the show telling his friend that Oasis sucked. It really bothered me that this band gets so little appreciation in the US. I think Liam may have sensed the apathy, as he asked "Are there many System of a Down fans here tonight?" before the encore.

Overall I had a great time, marred only by the apathetic crowd. I look forward to seeing the boys again soon.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh i love Be Here Now too! but its alittle too draggy

speaking of charlotte...good charlotte once said Oasis were better than the Beatles then performed Acquiesce lol..Oasis really have very unlikely fans

Wot a song to cover!! Masterplan is a quality album.

I know its the wrong thread but did you ever listen to Believe In me? Duff's solo effort, i dont know anyone else who has! i think its a brill album!
    Wot a song to cover!! Masterplan is a quality album.

I know its the wrong thread but did you ever listen to Believe In me? Duff's solo effort, i dont know anyone else who has! i think its a brill album!
    no i havent..never did bother...only gave Izzy's solo album a listen and i din really enjoy it
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    no i havent..never did bother...only gave Izzy's solo album a listen and i din really enjoy it

I've never heard Izzy's! Duff's is good especially The Majority with Lenny Kravitz, good song. I'm so glad i bought Bayleaf, i adore it!! Never tried Brad but think i might....

Back to Oasis, i thought what Noel said about Live 8 was v funny and i kinda agree, me being a PJ fan i probably shouldn't but why pretend to care about something you dont...controversial i know :D
    I've never heard Izzy's! Duff's is good especially The Majority with Lenny Kravitz, good song. I'm so glad i bought Bayleaf, i adore it!! Never tried Brad but think i might....

Back to Oasis, i thought what Noel said about Live 8 was v funny and i kinda agree, me being a PJ fan i probably shouldn't but why pretend to care about something you dont...controversial i know :D
    Bayleaf is amazing..i prefer it to even Mad Season!
    but yeh back to Oasis..lol...Noel's comments were pretty true and i agree as well...he also said something abt how rap is a bad influence on the youth..also very true!

YNWA
  • DocChicago wrote:
    I haven't seen any feedback from Friday night's Boston show. I thought the band played great, and Liam's voice sounded fantastic. The setlist was pretty much the same as it has been throughout the tour, including My Generation as the final song. The band came on around 9:30 and played right up til the curfew of 11pm.

Highlights included Morning Glory, Champagne Supernova, DLBIA, and of course Wonderwall. There were no songs from Be Here Now or SOTSOG, and only two from Heathen Chemistry. Songbird got little reaction from the crowd, but Little By Little went over big, with many people singing along.

The crowd was a HUGE disappointment, from where I was sitting. The guys next to me were holding up cell phones during Wonderwall, but SAT DOWN during Rock And Roll Star. There was little singing along during Cigarettes & Alcohol. It seemed like most of the people were there to hear Wonderwall and that's it. I even heard one guy on the phone after the show telling his friend that Oasis sucked. It really bothered me that this band gets so little appreciation in the US. I think Liam may have sensed the apathy, as he asked "Are there many System of a Down fans here tonight?" before the encore.

Overall I had a great time, marred only by the apathetic crowd. I look forward to seeing the boys again soon.

the crowd was the SAME way at MSG, no one knew "bring it on down" and live forever barely got a reaction. people were only there for wonderwall and DLBIA, sad since the band was so tight and gave a great performance.
    'sometimes i have everything, yet i wish i felt something'
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    JUST HANGING OUT ?

DID Mary-Kate Olsen have a little too much fun partying with Brit poppers Oasis after their Garden gig the other night? "When she came out of Oasis' dressing room, she almost crashed into me," our spy reports. "Her big bodyguard had her by the arms ... She was in rough shape." The bite-sized billionaire, clad in a KISS shirt, denim skirt and cowboy boots, was half-carried into the service elevator and off to the VIP bathroom. "Whatever the implication is, it's ridiculous," Olsen's rep assures us. "She was just hanging out with the band. Nothing went on whatsoever."

source: page 6 NY Post

wtf...lol..

those Olsen's are going to ruin their street cred with parents if they keep whoring themselves out and doing a little too much cocaine.

another funny story that was in the post was that mary kate went to some art show at the MET and she decided that she couldn't go outside for a cigarette but decided to smoke in the museum's bathroom and was shocked when she was asked to go outside. dumbass.
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    but yeh back to Oasis..lol...Noel's comments were pretty true and i agree as well...he also said something abt how rap is a bad influence on the youth..also very true!

Thats wot i forgot! Wot he said about Rap - Class! Noel has said some funny shit. Regarding the new album heres my fav recent quote...

liams gotten all religious,its quite disturbing, he thinks he's abel for some weird reason, he wrote a song called "guess god thinks im abel" i thought it was a-b-l-e, but when he wrote it down, it was "abel", and i thought "right your abel, that must make me cain, doesnt cain kill abel?" - Noel on being cain and abel
    Thats wot i forgot! Wot he said about Rap - Class! Noel has said some funny shit. Regarding the new album heres my fav recent quote...

liams gotten all religious,its quite disturbing, he thinks he's abel for some weird reason, he wrote a song called "guess god thinks im abel" i thought it was a-b-l-e, but when he wrote it down, it was "abel", and i thought "right your abel, that must make me cain, doesnt cain kill abel?" - Noel on being cain and abel
    lol Noel keeps dissing GGTIA....i like the comment he made about how he thought Liam was singing about how God thinks hes a girl named Mabel

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    lol Noel keeps dissing GGTIA....i like the comment he made about how he thought Liam was singing about how God thinks hes a girl named Mabel

Thats well funny !! :D

Just another wee quote from Noel that made me laugh out loud...

i dont understand the corporate record system anymore. you give them an album, and six months later you're still waiting for it to come out, when its finished get it out as soon as possible, put it in the f***in shops within the week, now you've got to wait for a slot because f***ing anastasia has a record coming out, that really set the world on fire, didnt it? - Noel on stupid record labels
  • Record Labels suck! Having to wait for the right time to put the album out! Just put it out when it's done damn it!
  • Record Labels suck! Having to wait for the right time to put the album out! Just put it out when it's done damn it!

heh, noel should talk to fiona apple, she's been waiting for what, two years for extraordinary machine to be released.
  • The only Oasis album that is remotely in the same league as DBTT is 'Heathen Chemistry.' DBTT is far and away Oasis' best album and maybe the best album they will ever unleash.
    "And so the gizzard of the ruffed grouse now hangs aloft." - Clothed In Fur
    The only Oasis album that is remotely in the same league as DBTT is 'Heathen Chemistry.' DBTT is far and away Oasis' best album and maybe the best album they will ever unleash.
    i think DBTT is miles away from HC in terms of quality..i think their next album will be the true return to form
    this week The Importance of Being Idle video will be premiered! can't wait for that!

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i think DBTT is miles away from HC in terms of quality..i think their next album will be the true return to form
    this week The Importance of Being Idle video will be premiered! can't wait for that!

I've heard the video is set in 60's London, Rhys Ifans stars in it and its like a New Orleans-style (wotever that is) funeral procession, with them playing cards on a coffin? Back to wot we're more used to, Liam has a can of Red Stripe in his hand :cool:
    I've heard the video is set in 60's London, Rhys Ifans stars in it and its like a New Orleans-style (wotever that is) funeral procession, with them playing cards on a coffin? Back to wot we're more used to, Liam has a can of Red Stripe in his hand :cool:
    yeh i heard that too..but some claim thats for the Let There Be Love video..so im alittle confused there....

YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh i heard that too..but some claim thats for the Let There Be Love video..so im alittle confused there....

erm...scrap wot i said then as my source is highly unrealiable - The Daily Record! Great paper if you missed yesterday's news
    erm...scrap wot i said then as my source is highly unrealiable - The Daily Record! Great paper if you missed yesterday's news
    well we will find out soon enough heh

YNWA
    here it is...The Importance of Being Idle!
    i thought it was rubbish at the end...more scenes of the band would be nicer
    http://dl1.rapidshare.de/files/2736365/26390182/tiobi_video.mpg

YNWA
    bump for those who haven't downloaded the video

YNWA
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    thanks axl... it says i have to have a premium account, though? wtf???
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
    kdpjam wrote:
    thanks axl... it says i have to have a premium account, though? wtf???
    ah crap..thats why i hate rapidshare..if i find another link ill post it

YNWA
  • Duff_ManDuff_Man Posts: 150
    Just Got back from seeing Oasis Last Night (in Manchester)

what a fucking homecoming, well apart from they played songbird and dont look back in anger
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    Duff_Man wrote:
    Just Got back from seeing Oasis Last Night (in Manchester)

what a fucking homecoming, well apart from they played songbird and dont look back in anger
    yeh read it was a great show..glad u had fun :)

heres a new link for TIOBI that works
    http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3HJ1Z6H5ZEWHB2B3WCIQKKNY3Avideo

YNWA
  • Duff_ManDuff_Man Posts: 150
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh read it was a great show..glad u had fun :)

heres a new link for TIOBI that works
    http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3HJ1Z6H5ZEWHB2B3WCIQKKNY3Avideo

cheers for the link... but it didnt work, it said that it was an invalid link :(
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    Duff_Man wrote:
    cheers for the link... but it didnt work, it said that it was an invalid link :(
    crap it was working when i linked it
    nevermind im trying to upload it myself for you guys..in the meanwhile heres a link with almost every Oasis vid
    http://oasisweb.cool.ne.jp/video/index.html

YNWA
  • was manchester treated to any rarities? did acquiesce make a comeback to the set?

YNWA