Supernova

Comments

• CrazyJD wrote:
    Well it works.... Major TV network coverage for some of these guys who probably try and fight to get a decent gig for their band.

no doubt.
  • Anyone else notice the two or three times (at least) that dorky-ass Phil was caught on camera making a pouting face? The kind of push-your-bottom-lip-out pouty face that a little four-year-old girl would make when she has her Barbie taken away from her?

Just wondering.

I hated that dork. I'm glad he's gone. Here's to hoping Zayra is next to be booted. What a ridiculously BAD version of a great K's Choice song that was.
    "Tried to walk, found a severed ... Matt???"
  • CrazyJDCrazyJD Posts: 103
    Song list for Tuesdays show..

Patrice – Higher Ground (Stevie Wonder) <--w/Tommy Lee on drums
    Josh – Santeria (Sublime)
    Dilana – Can’t Get Enough (Bad Company)
    Toby – Pennyroyal Tea (Nirvana)
    Zayra – 867-5309 (Tommy Tutone)
    Magni – Clocks (Coldplay)
    Jill – Don’t You (Forget About Me) (Simple Minds) <-Breakfast Club Song
    Ryan – Losing My Religion (R.E.M.)
    Lukas – Celebrity Skin (Hole)
    Storm – Changes (David Bowie)
    Dana – Baba O’Riley (The Who)

The non-rocker Dana sings Baba O'Riley.... I'm not expecting much lol. I hear Dilana killed AGAIN.

I still fear the day I hear Brooke say "and now, performing Pearl Jam's "(insert any PJ song)", here is Zayra!"
    Halifax, Summer 2008... they return!
  • CrazyJD wrote:

The non-rocker Dana sings Baba O'Riley.... I'm not expecting much lol. I hear Dilana killed AGAIN.

I still fear the day I hear Brooke say "and now, performing Pearl Jam's "(insert any PJ song)", here is Zayra!"

I'm excited to hear Lukas doing "Celebrity Skin" -- even though I can't STAND Courtney Love, I still reluctantly like a lot of her stuff. But mostly, I'm just anxious to hear Jason Newstead tell him he's still restricting his vocal cords.

And can Zayra please stop butchering songs about being on the telephone? Last week was a hack job through Blondie's "Call Me." This week, I'm sure she'll ruin Tommy Tutone for me forever.

Thanks for posting this information. Where'd you find it???
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    the song choices are so stupid..Tommy Tutone? The Breakfast Club Song? What the fuck? I thought Supernova wanted the rockers to "bring us the RAWK!"
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • LedZepFan wrote:
    the song choices are so stupid..Tommy Tutone? The Breakfast Club Song? What the fuck? I thought Supernova wanted the rockers to "bring us the RAWK!"

I think they include the wimpier songs in there hoping the "RAWKERS" will take them and RAWK them out and make them totally AWESOME! Kind of the way Lucas did last week.

But I agree, it would be nice to see more than one or two harder songs in there.
    I'm excited to hear Lukas doing "Celebrity Skin" -- even though I can't STAND Courtney Love, I still reluctantly like a lot of her stuff. But mostly, I'm just anxious to hear Jason Newstead tell him he's still restricting his vocal cords.

And can Zayra please stop butchering songs about being on the telephone? Last week was a hack job through Blondie's "Call Me." This week, I'm sure she'll ruin Tommy Tutone for me forever.

Thanks for posting this information. Where'd you find it???

The actual rockstar MSN site has forums where this stuff is posted, but the forums are a pain to surf through at times. So I just go to supernovafans.com forums.

They say Lucas was sub-par this week. And yeah, love to see that Zayra has taken their advice and chose a rock song... LOL. She loves her pop tunes.
  • CrazyJD wrote:
    The actual rockstar MSN site has forums where this stuff is posted, but the forums are a pain to surf through at times. So I just go to supernovafans.com forums.

They say Lucas was sub-par this week. And yeah, love to see that Zayra has taken their advice and chose a rock song... LOL. She loves her pop tunes.

Thanks for the info.

Zayra alos loves to get her ass booted from the show. Assuming she winds up in the bottom three from that "worldwide voting" we've all grown to love, I think she's gone this week.
    if you go to rockstar.msn.com you can also watch the weekly webisode(airs on monday) you can see them choose songs and arrange them usually as well....

how do we know what the performances were like? i thought it was filmed live on tuesday?

Some die just to live.
    LedZepFan wrote:
    if you go to rockstar.msn.com you can also watch the weekly webisode(airs on monday) you can see them choose songs and arrange them usually as well....

how do we know what the performances were like? i thought it was filmed live on tuesday?

No they sing Sunday Night... then edit the hell out of it lol. I beleive Wednesdays is more or less live (or at least filmed that day).

I read that some "deliberations" can take up to an hour... and that the dialogue between them goes on for 10 minutes often... we see 10-20 seconds of comments lol
  • Zayra really needs to go, right now! I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will finally give her the boot this week.
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    Zayra really needs to go, right now! I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will finally give her the boot this week.

I'm sure they keep her around for the entertainment value. I'm glad they do. I love the star trek outfits, the bizarre dancing, the tone-deaf singing, the accent (she's from Texas!) and mostly the fact that the judges hate her so much.
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    CrazyJD wrote:

That should land Josh, Zarex and Jill in the bottom 3.
    If Jill hits bottom 3, Gilby is gonna want her gone, even though she deserves to stay longer than Zarex and JoshKermittheFrog.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    CrazyJD wrote:

wow more Nirvana songs....big shocker there
    pjalive21 wrote:
    wow more Nirvana songs....big shocker there

Yeah 2nd time for Hole also.... looks like SOMEONE is making some $$$ off these tunes... I wonder who..... hmmmmmm....

Seriously though, I love Nirvana so I'm not complaining. Beats hearing some of the other bands they chose. Apparently most of these songs are recycled from rockstar:INXS, which I didn't watch... so I'm not that annoyed by it.
  • 3manstack3manstack Posts: 205
    First Impressions of watching Rockstar last night

11 out of the 13 singers are fucking terrible, only Magni and some other dude (cant remember his name or what song he sang) actually cut the mustard.

Dilana............what the fuck? who let this banshee out of her cave? maybe she should have some piercings in her mouth so we can sew it shut and stop her opening her fucking awful trap.

Lukas - What a creepy looking motherfucker, stop trying to be Scott Weiland, Its bad enough having him around. he looks like Weiland and Keith from the prodigys lovechild.

Maybe next week they can film the entire show OFF THE TOP OF HIS FUCKING HUUUUUUUGE FOREHEAD. His voice was weaker than american beer

All the other female singers were just awful , trying to look all Rawwwkkk! Please!

About the only good thing on this show is Newsted doing everything possible to advertise Voivod.

Heres hoping Willy Wonka realises one of his Oompa loompas is missing and takes Lukas back to the chocolate factory.

That is all.
  • 3manstack wrote:
    First Impressions of watching Rockstar last night

Wait. Did I miss something? Do you folks in the U.K. get Rockstar a night earlier than us in the U.S.?

Or did they move it up a night this week? If so, my TiVo didn't tape it.

It's still a Tuesday-Wednesday thing in the U.S., isn't it???
  • 3manstack3manstack Posts: 205
    No I think you get it first its shown here a few days later on satellite tv

Here its called Tommy Lees Rockstar Supernova, how very lame.

Im still hating the Mekon, Oh Im sorry scott Weiland, oops sorry again Lukass.

God I fuckin hate him.

Please join me in my Lukass hating!!!!
  • DeeveDeeve Posts: 122
    3manstack wrote:
    No I think you get it first its shown here a few days later on satellite tv

Here its called Tommy Lees Rockstar Supernova, how very lame.

Im still hating the Mekon, Oh Im sorry scott Weiland, oops sorry again Lukass.

God I fuckin hate him.

Please join me in my Lukass hating!!!!

I'm still trying to figure out why he has a dead skunk on his head.

And someone please, PLEASE tell him to stop wearing makeup, he looks like a laughingstock
    "Lick the dirt off Olajuwon's feet"
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    3manstack wrote:
    Heres hoping Willy Wonka realises one of his Oompa loompas is missing and takes Lukas back to the chocolate factory.

FANTASTIC
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
    some quick reactions to tonight's show:

Josh did surprisingly well with "Santeria" albeit the beat boxing sucked.

Magni delivered, he's awesome

Jill, Zayra, and Dana all sucked as usual. So did Dilana. Ugh I can't understand why any of them are there.

Lukas was a letdown...just when he was starting to grow on me

I really liked Toby's take on "Pennyroyal Tea"-it was faithtful but creative and he wasn't trying to sound like Cobain

and finally, the best for last...Ryan was fucking mindblowing! Best performance I've seen on this show yet! This guy is going places

Some die just to live.
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    just watched this show for the first time... it was truly painful (except for that guy from Iceland who sang Coldplay)

They haven´t played any Pearl Jam yet, right? I hope they don´t... I would puke if that ever happen.
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
    That was a bad show all around I think... Ryan's piano version was nice...talented guy no doubt, strong voice... but Tommy Lee rocker? Still, a strong performance.

Storm also did a nice slow version of Changes... Magni delivers but is a pretty generic singer.

Lucas might have been the worst performance tonight, struggled with the words and just looked uncomfortable singing it. No stage act whatsoever. And I actually enjoy his performances usually.

And I LOVE Dilana... but that was pretty ordinary... however I like her voice, she went into the crowd, sang near the SN guys, was carried back, and rocked out at the end. So performance-wise its not like she didnt deliver, I think it was more the song. I really dont like that song, and it would have took a heavy re-work to make it work for me. She sang it like the original which was disappointing. Very average and easily her least interesting.

Zayra, Jill... and? final 3? Josh stuck to his strength, but he should go back to the coffee shop sooner than later. Dana doesnt belong but she can belt it out. Still enjoyed Baba tho... Toby was boring. Patrice did good considering...
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    am i the only one that thought that the piano version of REM was bad??
    pjalive21 wrote:

The guy is talented, he sang it with passion... but it didn't do much for me.

Oddly enough, this is the same guy who was constantly criticised for weeks by SN for not "rocking", not being entertaining on stage, and just looking like he was not enjoying himself and/or in pain... LOL. Now he goes up and plays the piano, looks like someone has a knife in his ass the whole time, and gets rave reviews.

The SN comments are contradictory at the best of times... like Storm goes up there and ROCKS "turbo charged" each week, then when she slows it down and sings the song like Jill or Dana (or even Z) would, they say stuff like "thats sooo much better than the high energy stuff, thats your BEST performance!"

So does this now mean Storm should sing songs like American Idols? What about the other girls and guys? If that was the "best" she has ever been, why go back to high energy?

Its a bad show and Im sure the rockers are confused as shit... normally I NEVER watch these shows but a couple singers made me get interested. Im starting to doubt though if its enough to keep me watching... lol
  • finally lucas gets some much needed criticism. i can't say that i like anything about his sound, his look, or his performances.

ryan i liked for the first time, magni sounded pretty good, and storm surprised me on changes.

as always i'm loving dilana. :) i'm going to have to find some of the stuff she did in holland and other projects prior to the show. not my favourite performance of hers tonight...i think it was the song, but i could watch her all night long ;)
  • pjalive21 wrote:

Yup.

I thought it rocked balls. Of course, I'd have preferred if it started out with him solo on the piano, in the spot, and then all of a sudden the full band just blows up out of the background for a full-out rocker.

I thought that was about the best performance on the show so far.

I think Lukas sucked, sucked, sucked ass. I mean, jeezus... how many lyrics can he possibly blow in one song?!? Like "Celebrity Skin" is that hard to learn the words to??? He was pitiful tonight.
  • funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    Conspiracy theorists feel that Lukas may have intentionally botched his performance in order to get in the bottom 3 so that he could choose his own song in order to showcase his strengths (whatever those may be) to SN. I mean they are pretty limited in their song selection.
  • ahh well we will see how it goes, yeah he did look uncomfortable during the whole show, normally he looks like hes having a good time!
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    pjalive21 wrote:
    I haven't liked any of his performances until LMR. That really was something. He'll get the encore. Storm would've been the first to do a second encore if Ryan didn't pull that from out of nowhere.

Hope Dilana finds a better song to work with. I've mostly enjoyed Lukas' stage presence so far, but that really exposed his lack of vocal ability.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110