Supernova

Comments

• CrazyJDCrazyJD Posts: 103
    I was kind of stunned that Gilby Clarke made that comment about Jill and the grinding, considering that every female contestant except maybe Patrice and Dilana try each week to look trashier and sluttier than they did the week before and Tommy Lee does nothing but encourage them with some dimwit "joke" about how horny he is.

etc....

LOL I can tell you're impressed.

Seriously... one thing to remember, when these people were trying out to be a lead singer, nobody knew what the band was going to be. For all they knew it was another re-invented INXS pop-rock music band. So we can blame the producers for feeling like the Josh's and Dana's of the world were among the 15 best for Tommy Lee's band LOL. I do feel bad for some of them who are being trashed for doing what probably got them on the show to begin with, and also the fact some of the songs are just WEAK to "rock out" with unless you completely convert how it sounds.

The whole show, and the band members contradicting comments and judging (contestant to contestant, and with eachother) feels sloppy like Tommy Lee just threw a few of his friends together and are trying to make a quick buck with a novelty act. You can tell the contestants are completely confused and half of them probably wonder why they are even continuing on when they truly don't belong. They could all be successful in their own "niche", but "rock singer" only applies to a few of them.

For me, Dilana and Lucas drew me in and keep me tuning in. When/if they are gone I doubt I have any interest in seeing the rest of them (although Storm is entertaining and very hot).
    Halifax, Summer 2008... they return!
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    CrazyJD wrote:
    So we can blame the producers for feeling like the Josh's and Dana's of the world were among the 15 best for Tommy Lee's band LOL.

ive seen Josh's band live in New Hampshire and he is VERY talented but he doesnt fit the mold of this band, actually he would be better off without Supernova

CrazyJD wrote:
    The whole show, and the band members contradicting comments and judging (contestant to contestant, and with eachother) feels sloppy like Tommy Lee just threw a few of his friends together and are trying to make a quick buck with a novelty act. You can tell the contestants are completely confused and half of them probably wonder why they are even continuing on when they truly don't belong. They could all be successful in their own "niche", but "rock singer" only applies to a few of them.

totally agree...i dont think the band even knows what they want
    CrazyJD wrote:
    For me, Dilana and Lucas drew me in and keep me tuning in. When/if they are gone I doubt I have any interest in seeing the rest of them (although Storm is entertaining and very hot).

if Lucas doesnt win ill be shocked but Newstead has it in him because he thinks he isnt opening up his throat when he sings
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    CrazyJD wrote:
    I do feel bad for some of them who are being trashed for doing what probably got them on the show to begin with, and also the fact some of the songs are just WEAK to "rock out" with unless you completely convert how it sounds.

Totally. The fact that they give them the songs to pick from, so people get stuck with shitty songs and then get blamed for picking songs that don't RAWK is so lame and confusing. Top that with the fact that Supernova's stupid shitty music doesn't even RAWK and the whole thing is one big clusterf*ck.
    CrazyJD wrote:
    You can tell the contestants are completely confused and half of them probably wonder why they are even continuing on when they truly don't belong. They could all be successful in their own "niche", but "rock singer" only applies to a few of them.

For some reason I think Patrice is kind of good, and may even have a scrap of integrity. Maybe it's just that she has a gleam of intelligence in her eye instead of that dull half-wit gaze that the rest of them have. Either way, I just feel bad for her, like I wish she would walk away rather then force herself to undergo the humiliation of being judged not "good enough" for this terrible train wreck of a band.
    CrazyJD wrote:
    (although Storm is entertaining and very hot).

She has to get rid of that awful name though. Storm Large sounds like some terrible stripper/wrestler/weathergirl.
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • Deeve wrote:
    Anyone else want to just punch Lukas right in the kisser everytime they lay eyes on him?

Makes me ashamed to be canadian...

i've been thinking that the whole show. he's got a terribbly cocky attitude for someone who can't sing and isn't a very captivating performer. he's what you would call a fist magnet.
    Zayita or whatever her name is MUST be "taking care of the bandmembers" after tonight's result... that is ridiculous. Phil was a mellow, downer kind of guy and had no shot, but what is their justification for letting her stay another week? She has been bottom 3 twice, her performances, except slooow REM, were laughable... and she hasnt sung a ROCK song yet. She wears a power ranger outfit that is the joke of the show. So with her back to the wall, she goes back to ANOTHER slow tune, sung with ZERO rock whatsoever (Celine?) and they keep her.

The longer she stays, the more the other serious rockers cringe as she makes the whole competition seem that more silly. They need to get rid of the fluff FIRST and let the true rock people battle it out to the end. BIG mistake tonight (although again, there is still a bunch that will be picked off week by week anyway)
  • harrymanbackharrymanback Posts: 435
    complete joke that she is still there. they said they question phils intentions ... she practically admitted has no idea who they (judges) are and obviously wants nothing to do with the band and is only looking out for her own self interest. they had it in for the bobblehead (no bobble tonight though), but he deserved better than this.

wondering if the producers (mark burnett and cronies) have any input in the "hatchet" process.
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    complete joke that she is still there. they said they question phils intentions ... she practically admitted has no idea who they (judges) are and obviously wants nothing to do with the band and is only looking out for her own self interest. they had it in for the bobblehead (no bobble tonight though), but he deserved better than this.

wondering if the producers (mark burnett and cronies) have any input in the "hatchet" process.

yeah i have no clue how Miss PowerRanger didnt get kicked off tonight...she sucks...Phil wasnt much better but better than this walking cartoon and how were they questioning his intentions? did i miss something?
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    The reason they keep Zayra is that she isn't human. She's an alien, or a human clone created and grown in a laboratory, or maybe an android from the future like the Terminator (which would explain her wardrobe). How else can you explain the fact that she has no grasp of the concept of human music or dance, much less the specific version of it represented by Tommy Lee, etc? Personally I'm glad she's still on. She fascinates me. It's like science.
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • skipshotskipshot Posts: 33
    Patrice has more talent than the 3 Supernova guys put together.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    Phil was not the greatest but Zayra is flat out terrible. I still can't believe they let her stay over Chris a few weeks back. Josh, Jill, and Dana all should go soon in my eyes. I don't get the fascination with Dilana either- I think she sucks quite frankly. I'm still liking Magni and Ryan the most and Lukas is starting to impress me here and there but I did not care for his take on "Bittersweet Symphony"
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    this show has now turned me off so badly that i wiont be watching anymore.

From the very beginning, it didnt seem as organic as the original, INXS version. In fact, the overall production, performances, vastly obvious edit points, is just horrible .

Its so obviously clear that it is fixed if that Zayrda girl is still there and not voted off tonight, even with that painted on astronaut gettup she sported the other night.

The 3 songs chosen for the bottom 3 tonight were just - horrible, When youre fighting for your life in the game at this point, youd better be picking a classic that truly rocks.

Big thumbs down !

This show sucks .

that is all
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • r2g2r2g2 Posts: 66
    Lukas is my pick to win it. He kinda has some of the moves of STP version-Scott Weiland with only about half the voice but he still entertains me.

I'm sick of them blowing so much smoke up Dilana's ass, nice arrangements, but overrated. Sound like instead of chugging a beer before going on, she smoked a couple o packs of ciggys.

Toby is like the poor man's Billy Idol, but hey I like the VITAL one so I'm ok with that.

Ryan is okay, not much range... I think he is pretty uncomfortable with the whole rock star antics thing they seem to want more of. Not really his style.

Magni..ditto

Storm she's pretty cool and yes I did google her and yes she has great hoots

Brooke Burke I think she is the real reason I tune in. Everytime she comes on I just hit mute and pray that her clothes fall off.

Everyone else on this show sucks too hard to talk about.
    I said Yeaaaaaaah!
  • i believe it was dana who said she chugged a beer...to seem more "rockin" :)
  • I think Lykis rossi will win i dont really see anyone else even comming close to getting there! Would be surprised if he didnt!
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • icarus wrote:
    man newsted is crazy about his pet peeves, between lukas' throat and bobbleheads neck.

If I was either Lukas or Bobble Boy, I'd have said to Jason:

Dude, have you looked in the mirror lately at your hair? Your hair is so not 'ROCK,' it's ridiculous!

Zayra should've been gone last night. That's a shame. But I was wishing they'd just boot both her and Phil and get it over with already.

Not to worry, though. I'm betting Zayra will be in the bottom three again next week and will make her exit then. They won't be able to ignore the fact she's constantly up there. She needs to make a swift exit.

I think it comes down to Lukas and Magni. Maybe Ryan. I don't think any of the chicks will make it, although it's pretty clear they'll keep one around until the end. Of course, they might just pick one of the chicks just to prove that they'll pick a chick. But I don't think any of those three guys is the kind of guy who wants to back up a female lead singer. Could be wrong, though.
    "Tried to walk, found a severed ... Matt???"
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    Based on last night's performances Zarex should have been gone, not Phil McCracken. Phil has sucked through most of it, but was very good last night, I think his fate was sealed before singing the Failure tune.
    Patrice did a great job with Radiohead, but she has sucked a few other times.

Zarex has sucked pretty much every time, and I thought when she took a relatively mellow song like "Not an Addict" and stripped it down more, and still couldn't hit all the notes, she was gone for sure.

Still a 3 horse race in my opinion, Lukas, Toby and Dilana.(Lukas has already recorded songs with them, but don't tell anyone) Storm is a wildcard, but I think they'll go male but keep Dilana around the longest of the females.

Jill (who I'd like to "grind") really expedited her exit (like many of them its just an inevitability) with her "everything has been done in rock and roll" comment. That attitude will keep her singing in airport lounges till she's a granny. She's done next time she hits bottom 3 regardless.

How is JoshKermittheFrog Logan still there and how did he avoid bottom 3 this week?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    She has to get rid of that awful name though. Storm Large sounds like some terrible stripper/wrestler/weathergirl.
    I believe thats actually her real name.
    She grew up in Southborough MA and her dad has been in the newspaper, the family name is "Large".
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    r2g2 wrote:
    I'm sick of them blowing so much smoke up Dilana's ass, nice arrangements, but overrated. Sound like instead of chugging a beer before going on, she smoked a couple o packs of ciggys.

Finally someone agrees with me
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Hands boundHands bound Posts: 534
    Zayra needs to go. I can't stand her and I even find myself hoping she's not in the bottom 3 so I don't have to hear her sing again.

I'm undecided, but I really like Storm, Dilana, Magni and Toby. Lukas tries too hard and I just don't like him.

Please let Zayra go...she's not what Supernova is looking for.
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • The only thing more disturbing than Supernova letting Phil go rather than Zayra last night is the explanation they gave. It is so left field and out of nowhere. Has Zayra (or Patrice for that matter) shown any more commitment to the band? Please. Zayra doesn't actually want to be with Supernova, she just wants to get exposure. And how in the heck was Josh not in the bottom three over Phil in the first place? Or Jill for that matter? It's all just silly and disturbing.

On another note, I thought Storm was kick ass again last night...
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    skipshot wrote:
    Patrice has more talent than the 3 Supernova guys put together.
    Hahahahahaha!!! She is so NOT rock and roll it is rediculous...

anyway, as far as I can see they were torn between Zayra and Phil last night. I think what decided it was the fact that Supernova KNEW they were both going to be gone soon, so they kept the more entertaining one around for another week just to see what she will do or say next.
  • Hands boundHands bound Posts: 534

anyway, as far as I can see they were torn between Zayra and Phil last night. I think what decided it was the fact that Supernova KNEW they were both going to be gone soon, so they kept the more entertaining one around for another week just to see what she will do or say next.

Or wear...for that matter...
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...

Apparently this is the deal... not seen in the broadcast... Dave pulled out a newspaper of an interview Phil did a few weeks ago on radio. Phil said in the interview he is using the opportunity, whether he makes it or not, to promote himself and his band...he also said that he didn't like the music he heard from Supernova when they first heard it.

I competely understand why they'd boot him, even without the interview, as he wasn't cutting it. I'm happy he's gone actually. But the way it was edited based on everything they've said to Zayitorbitor and the other contestants over the past few weeks, made no sense whatsoever to the TV viewer. I expect they may elaborate a bit next week, as nobody can understand how Zoltok the power ranger is still there... the band doesnt like her, the rockers were shocked, the TV viewers dont like her, she hasn't sung a hard rock song yet lol etc...
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    my opinion is that supernova has picked his new singer, it means all this episodes are a wasting time.... supernova wouldn´t pick a girl, and all the money it´s between lukas or toby...

nice lukas perfomance singing ´´bittersweet somphony´´, i prefer this than the original version, it´s more alt-rockish enjoyable....
  • r2g2r2g2 Posts: 66
    i believe it was dana who said she chugged a beer...to seem more "rockin" :)

I'm fully aware of this, twas just a point of reference.
    I said Yeaaaaaaah!
  • That is her real name.

• r2g2 wrote:
    I'm fully aware of this, twas just a point of reference.

twas a case of making a mistake ;)
  • CrazyJD wrote:
    Apparently this is the deal... not seen in the broadcast... Dave pulled out a newspaper of an interview Phil did a few weeks ago on radio. Phil said in the interview he is using the opportunity, whether he makes it or not, to promote himself and his band...he also said that he didn't like the music he heard from Supernova when they first heard it.

I competely understand why they'd boot him, even without the interview, as he wasn't cutting it. I'm happy he's gone actually. But the way it was edited based on everything they've said to Zayitorbitor and the other contestants over the past few weeks, made no sense whatsoever to the TV viewer. I expect they may elaborate a bit next week, as nobody can understand how Zoltok the power ranger is still there... the band doesnt like her, the rockers were shocked, the TV viewers dont like her, she hasn't sung a hard rock song yet lol etc...

interesting crazyjd. thanks for the info. i'm sure it's the case for quite a few of them as well...just trying to get exposure for their own bands or solo careers.
    interesting crazyjd. thanks for the info. i'm sure it's the case for quite a few of them as well...just trying to get exposure for their own bands or solo careers.

Well it works.... Major TV network coverage for some of these guys who probably try and fight to get a decent gig for their band.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    *Boy wrote:
    inow this Dilana chick, i think i know her. Years ago in Holland there was this chick called Dilana Smith who made some video's, hadn't heard from here in ages and boom yesterday she appeared on this show. Is there anyone who can confirm that this is the same chick? looks A LOT like the one i'm talking about. Same hair, lots of tattoos and piercings and cute face :) If its her if i remember correctly she is South African

looks like that is who you were talking about....
    http://www.cbs.com/primetime/rock_star2/
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me