Supernova

Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    pjalive21 wrote:

BTW...almost all these women suck

Thats an endearing quality that many men like about women;)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • CrazyJDCrazyJD Posts: 103
    Tuesday Nights songs.... better arrangement than before, a few icky ones...

Lukas – Bittersweet Symphony (The Verve)
    Zayra – Call Me (Blondie)
    Dana – About a Girl (Nirvana)
    Patrice – Remedy (The Black Crowes)
    Toby – White Wedding (Billy Idol)
    Magni – Heroes (David Bowie)
    Ryan – I Alone (Live)
    Jill – Brown Sugar (The Rolling Stones) - with Gilby on guitar
    Phil – One Headlight (The Wallflowers)
    Dilana – Time After Time (Cyndi Lauper)
    Josh – No Rain (Blind Melon)
    Storm – Anything Anything (Dramarama)
    Halifax, Summer 2008... they return!
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    i don´t think supernova goona choose a girl for sing with them ´´sorry dalana´´ and my two favorite singers to win this reality are Toby and Magni...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    CrazyJD wrote:
    Tuesday Nights songs.... better arrangement than before, a few icky ones...

Lukas – Bittersweet Symphony (The Verve)
    Zayra – Call Me (Blondie)
    Dana – About a Girl (Nirvana)
    Patrice – Remedy (The Black Crowes)
    Toby – White Wedding (Billy Idol)
    Magni – Heroes (David Bowie)
    Ryan – I Alone (Live)
    Jill – Brown Sugar (The Rolling Stones) - with Gilby on guitar
    Phil – One Headlight (The Wallflowers)
    Dilana – Time After Time (Cyndi Lauper)
    Josh – No Rain (Blind Melon)
    Storm – Anything Anything (Dramarama)
    So here's my prediction based on the "setlist":

Dave and SuperNova will rave over Dilana's "Stunning" performance of a Cyndi Lauper song..."you made it your own".
    Phil will be told he needs to "rock out more, poor song selection"
    Josh will get another coffee house comment.

Toby will get the encore.

The bottom 3 will be Josh, Ryan and Phil...any of the 3 desrving the boot, but it will finally go to Josh, several weeks late.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • harrymanbackharrymanback Posts: 435
    watch out for ryan to come out of his shell tonight
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I just wish they'd mix up the artists a bit. Sure, it's good to see some others on the list, but the Stones and Nirvana have been played a bit much. I wish they'd let us know what the actual list of available artists are. It's a bit obvious that PJ isn't on the list.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    watch out for ryan to come out of his shell tonight

told you

and as for dalana, she can sing happy birthday and they will still kiss her ass
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • CrazyJDCrazyJD Posts: 103
    told you

And deservedly so.... ;)

She has the "it" factor... Almost everyone on the show pretty much comes out each week and belts out the song the same way, very much like the original. Only a few add their own flavour and make it their own without ruining it. There is only so much you can do with "Time after time" without making it a completely new song.

Lucas, Storm, Dilanna are the only 3 with anything original about them and the way they perform. But whether or not they win depends on if supernova want a unique style, or just want a guy like Magni to get up there and belt out rock tunes.
    Halifax, Summer 2008... they return!
  • told you

she could sing happy birthday and i would certainly kiss her ass ;)

like crazyjd said, she has "it"...the audience is into her, the band is into her, and i'm into her :) with her voice and the way she performs, i'm surprised we haven't all heard of her before. she's the only one i get really excited about seeing every week.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i watched my first and last 5 minutes of it last night. enough time to watch that balding lucas monkey massacre "bittersweet symphony".
  • DeeveDeeve Posts: 122
    I predict Magni will win this whole thing.

The only possibilities in my opinion are Dilana, Storm, Magni and Toby.
    "Lick the dirt off Olajuwon's feet"
  • I'm liking this group more than the first, harder rock, I guess - I AM getting tired of Tommy Lee bragging about what a man-whore he is though...I also agree that they're not going to go with a girl in the end.
    walk the bridges before you burn them down...
    a girl will not win this ... sorry dilana fans. she will be exposed as the fraud she is by the end of the show.

if jill is in the bottom 3 she is gone ... you do not grind your bandmate.
  • fraud? i don't understand...do you know her or something?
    used fraud as equivalnet to "an act" ... at this point i do not see anything about her as unique or authenic, but just rather very predictable.

however, one thing she has going for her is that they need to keep a girl around for the end, so they are setting it for her to shine now ... the cindy lauper tune was for her, zombie was on her list of fave songs, and in my opinion she butchered the nirvana tune and crapped on ring of fire.

but that is just my opinion.
  • used fraud as equivalnet to "an act" ... at this point i do not see anything about her as unique or authenic, but just rather very predictable.

however, one thing she has going for her is that they need to keep a girl around for the end, so they are setting it for her to shine now ... the cindy lauper tune was for her, zombie was on her list of fave songs, and in my opinion she butchered the nirvana tune and crapped on ring of fire.

but that is just my opinion.

ok, i see where you're coming from now. i totally disagree, as i've really enjoyed everything she's done so far. i find her voice unique and i like her style. i'd be inclined to buy anything she puts out after the show if she's not in the band.
    yes, i´m getting tired of this guys singing too many nirvana,stones,STP songs, i would like too see them singing those songs, ´´if they can sing´´...

Since I've Been Loving You- led zeppelin
    no.1 zero- audioslave
    say hello to heaven- temple of the dog
    three libras- a perfect circle
    black dog- led zeppelin
    estranged- guns and roses
    break on through- the doors
    given to fly- pearl jam
    Piece Of My Heart - Janis Joplin
    Slaves And Bulldozers- soundgarden
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    tonadax wrote:
    yes, i´m getting tired of this guys singing too many nirvana,stones,STP songs, i would like too see them singing those songs, ´´if they can sing´´...

Since I've Been Loving You- led zeppelin
    no.1 zero- audioslave
    say hello to heaven- temple of the dog
    three libras- a perfect circle
    black dog- led zeppelin
    estranged- guns and roses
    break on through- the doors
    given to fly- pearl jam
    Piece Of My Heart - Janis Joplin
    Slaves And Bulldozers- soundgarden

i dont know about all of them,

but Jimmy Page is known to be very iffy on letting anything zeppelin related to be used.

i doubt you'll ever see pearl jam music on there either, but thats just my opinion. I hope i'm wrong ,...
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • upina2001upina2001 Posts: 764
    exhausted wrote:
    i watched my first and last 5 minutes of it last night. enough time to watch that balding lucas monkey massacre "bittersweet symphony".

Actually, it was better than most the other shit last night. No rain sucked. One headlight sucked. Remedy lacked energy. I alone was dropped a 1/2 step so Ryan could hit the notes. Overall, I wasnt impressed.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• I thought Storm kicked butt this week. She really surprised me, I thought she was awesome.

I still can't stand Jill. Gilby's grinding comment is exactly what I was thinking watching it. I am so glad he said that, and I hope she get's the boot this week. Although, Zayra's exit seems overdue as well...
  • upina2001upina2001 Posts: 764
    I thought Storm kicked butt this week. She really surprised me, I thought she was awesome.

Yes!!! Her song was full of lyrics, no real guitar solo, which gave her time to pretty much sing the entire song. I thought her "stage dive" was weak but none the less, she did outperform everyone last night. Although without the stage dive, her stage presence wasnt that good.

SIDENOTE: You know what I dont get? I think a "performer" should be able to capture an audience just by standing up in front of the mic, and belting out a song. The song should be able to carry all emotions in it and bring the audience along, however it seems that Supernova is wanting an "Axl/Vince Neil" type that runs all over stage and is unpredictable. That being said, Eddie has always been able to do both. He'll stand there and give you goose bumps by just singing and the next thing you know, HE'S ON THE ROOF!!

Sidenote 2: Who is the bigger sell-out? Metallica or Jason Newsted?

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    Ryan finally showed a little something last night, should keep him out of the bottom 3.
    Hopefully Jill doesn't get there just cause of the grinding, cause otherwise she was decent.

Final 3 based on last night's performance should be: Josh, Patrice and Phil, with Zayra a possibility as well.

I think Storm gets the encore.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • DeeveDeeve Posts: 122
    Anyone else want to just punch Lukas right in the kisser everytime they lay eyes on him?

Makes me ashamed to be canadian...
    "Lick the dirt off Olajuwon's feet"
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i dont know about all of them,

but Jimmy Page is known to be very iffy on letting anything zeppelin related to be used.

i doubt you'll ever see pearl jam music on there either, but thats just my opinion. I hope i'm wrong ,...

i guess you haven't seen many commercials lately ... see cadillac.

as for PJ and the clive davis publicity machine, it is possible to see something, but probably not.
    good point, who´s big sellout metallica or newstead?
    i don´t mind of others, but newstead hasn´t the real necesity to do this reality...

when i see josh singing low notes, his voice annoys me... i can´t stand his cobain yell more....
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    i guess you haven't seen many commercials lately ... see cadillac.

as for PJ and the clive davis publicity machine, it is possible to see something, but probably not.
    jumping the shark is another thread,...
    but believe me- they backed the brinks truck up for those cadiallc commercials.
    nonetheless- they did that with jimmys ok-

i doubt he would " ok " supernova ,

they couldnt pay him the $ cadillac did .
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    icarus wrote:
    how is zayra still in this?

it would be funny if she came out tonight and sang the same song again like she did a couple weeks ago ... she is bad

funny, you can hear a combo of shakira and bjork.
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    I was kind of stunned that Gilby Clarke made that comment about Jill and the grinding, considering that every female contestant except maybe Patrice and Dilana try each week to look trashier and sluttier than they did the week before and Tommy Lee does nothing but encourage them with some dimwit "joke" about how horny he is.

Dilana kind of impressed me last night. I had also written her off as a one-note bullshit fraud, but last night I thought she seemed like a halfway decent performer. Maybe it's just because she looks good in comparison to the rest of these no-talent knuckleheads.

I especially can't stand that stupid tall "I chugged a beer right before this" girl, ugh, she is so full of crap she makes me want to throw up. She tries so hard not to be the big nerd that she is and she just looks absurd because of it. So what do Tweedledum and Tweedledummer (Gilby & Tommy Lee) do? They, of course, praise her for her pathetic poseur halloween costume and act.

I hope they never vote Zayra off because she fascinates me. How can somebody who has never heard a rock n roll song, never seen a video, who has clearly never learned how to sing, dance, or dress herself, enter a competition like this?

And can these people please please please STOP pissing on Kurt Cobain's grave?

The most jaw-dropping part of last night's episode was when they played Supernova's music. For weeks they've been telling the "rockers" that they need to "bring the rock" and that they need to "rock harder" and blah blah blah. Then we finally hear this amazing heavy Supernova music last night and lo and behold it sounds like that blind guy who sang that "Life is a Highway" song.

This is the worst show I have ever seen and yet I am drawn to it like a moth to a flame. Tonight is the extra terrible part of the week, the painful "dialogue" between the judges and contestants where they trade mangled cliches and mixed metaphors in a meaningless exchange of non-conversation about being there to learn, to bring it, and of course to rock. I say that doofus who sang the Blind Melon song goes home tonight, otherwise which dead rock singer's grave is he going to defile next week?
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • I was kind of stunned that Gilby Clarke made that comment about Jill and the grinding, considering that every female contestant except maybe Patrice and Dilana try each week to look trashier and sluttier than they did the week before and Tommy Lee does nothing but encourage them with some dimwit "joke" about how horny he is.

Yeah, but it just looked contrived - like she didn't know what to do with Gilby or how to interact with him, so she resorted to grinding because that's what girls stereotypically do. It was a cheap cop out to me, I didn't like it at all and it embarassed me. I thought Gilby hit the nail on the head.
  • Who else is getting fucked off with Dave's mucho-in-the-face-wanna-be-cool-guy talk? He's such a fuckin' loser. When are they gonna talk normal?