Supernova

Comments

• InkdaubInkdaub Posts: 235
    I'm not watching the show but Storm Large rules.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    Why is David Blaine a contestant on the show?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Inkdaub wrote:
    I'm not watching the show but Storm Large rules.
    If that's her actual name, then she deserves to win on this alone.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • *Boy*Boy Posts: 112
    so i admit...

i watched it yesterday, i only liked 2 voices really. i forgot the guys name, and Dilana.

now this Dilana chick, i think i know her. Years ago in Holland there was this chick called Dilana Smith who made some video's, hadn't heard from here in ages and boom yesterday she appeared on this show. Is there anyone who can confirm that this is the same chick? looks A LOT like the one i'm talking about. Same hair, lots of tattoos and piercings and cute face :) If its her if i remember correctly she is South African
    ~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not ~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same ~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~

~chaka boom chak -Tom Waits~
  • CrazyJDCrazyJD Posts: 103
    Delana is so far and ahead of everyone IMO.

Absolutely... I thought "no way do these guys go with a female singer..." but after Dilana's performances, her voice/look, her originality and her stage presence, she should be way out in front. Even if they find a reason to cut her, I would be interested in following her career if she makes one. Love the voice. Everyone else is pretty plain IMO.

I'm hoping to here some PJ tunes. I'm not a big reality/Rockstar fan, but at least these guys are singing some nice tunes.
    Halifax, Summer 2008... they return!
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I watched it last night...I think it was the 2nd episode. I really cant stand how that guy sung that Creed song.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    libragirl wrote:
    I watched it last night...I think it was the 2nd episode. I really cant stand how that guy sung that Creed song.

Yeah some song choices and the way they are sung are "uncomfortable" LOL. As soon as I heard "Creed" I cringed too.
  • i'm hoping dilana gets the encore again tonight. i've had that slow "ring of fire" going through my head all day!
  • funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    I kept getting distracted by Brooke Burke's luscious jugs (sorry females) but there was just no way to not notice them!
    i'm hoping dilana gets the encore again tonight. i've had that slow "ring of fire" going through my head all day!
    I'm figuring Toby gets the encore.
    Pretty shocking to see them boot that guy over the chick who insulted them, showed she didn't really know their music, then sang the SAME SONG she did the night before after they implied it wasn't what they were looking for. I guess they just knew the guy (Ryan?) wasnt ready for it, so they might as well keep the unpredictable girl around for a bit.
  • harrymanbackharrymanback Posts: 435
    when the latin chick stuck around, you know the other contestants were excited since she has zero chance at winning the show.

as for the guy that got booted, i think the bottom 3 two weeks in a row outweighed bad chick singer from getting booted.

and the ring of fire chick is bad ... no way is she winning.
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • Whatever her name is with the dark hair in the bottom three should have been booted. She is blatently wrong for them, insulted them, and sang the same song that landed her in the bottom three in the first place.

That said, I think the next to go should have been Jill or whatever her name is. Her Courtney Love was embarrasing. At least Dave set her straight though.

That said, I think the next to go should have been Jill or whatever her name is. Her Courtney Love was embarrasing. At least Dave set her straight though.

But she rebounded very well with her Bring me to Life song... Looked better, sounded a whole lot better.
    Its a 3 horse race, Toby, Lukas and Dilana...the other 10 are just there to help CBS milk the cash cow.

As for Chris (not Ryan) who got the boot, it came a week too late...he didn't belong there from the get go.
  • that spainish chick needed to go!
    do anyone ofthem have an idea of what this band will be lol? they have asked it a few times and none of the singers have really caught on to it yet!
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • Poncier wrote:
    I'm figuring Toby gets the encore.

good call on this one.
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    so i actually tuned into the show the other night...well, maybe the wording is wrong........i found my way to that channel.

and it was every bit as bad as i knew it would be. with the exception of Brook and the lady contestants. but i think i might actually watch from time to time because the wife and i got a good laugh out of it.

i noticed someone else commented on the guy who sang the creed song, and it was weird. then they proceed to tell the guy that he has one of the best voices they had heard?! did they mean among the contestants, i hope?

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • PJamGrunge10PJamGrunge10 Posts: 596
    agreed... reminded me of the only Godsmack song i like... "voodoo"... which if that gets me crucified on here then I take it all back
    thats what i thought
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • I think who ever they pick to lead it will be one album and done. Tommy will be back to the Crue full time, Jason will be with Voivod and Gilby Clarke will be back to doing solo stuff and whatever hes done between the demise of GNR and Supernova. Plus will they keep the Supernova name as there is that band out of orange county suing them to cease the use of the name. Should be an interesting run for rockstar.
  • iluvslashiluvslash Posts: 121
    I really like Ryan.. but i fucken cant stand the spanish chick!! First of all she has no clue to what bands any of them were in and second of all she sucks!!! Arghh.. her voice annoys me and her dance moves annoy me even more she needs to get voted off hopefully sooner rather than later!!!
    With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothing done!
  • harrymanbackharrymanback Posts: 435
    iluvslash wrote:
    I really like Ryan.. but i fucken cant stand the spanish chick!! First of all she has no clue to what bands any of them were in and second of all she sucks!!! Arghh.. her voice annoys me and her dance moves annoy me even more she needs to get voted off hopefully sooner rather than later!!!

as noted above, i am very familiar with ryan's singing and you haven't seen anything yet.

one of my issues with the show is that they talk about song selection, but the contestants only have a limited list to pick from with the potenital of someone grabbing the shortest straw.

all three judges are idiots and leeches. newsted is no burton ... clark is no izzy ... and tommy is a dime a dozen drummer.
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • jason newsted didn't need to do this.

it just goes against everything he has said about music in the past.
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    vote for Josh Logan....

saw this guy play when i lived near Manchester, New Hampshire and this guy is good and one of the more talented singers they got on there

there are maybe only 3 people on that show that will fit the mold of Supernova
    Sounds like the afterparties is where its at... interesting to read how up close and personal the band gets with all the contestants off air... even playing tunes all night with them. Sort of makes the whole "made for TV" song sort of irrelevant. These guys will make their decision (probably already have), and I doubt the TV performance will do much to swing them in the long run.

Dilana sings ZOMBIE tonight... can't wait.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/TV_Shows/R/Rock_Star/2006/07/18/1689957.html
  • CrazyJD wrote:
    Sounds like the afterparties is where its at... interesting to read how up close and personal the band gets with all the contestants off air... even playing tunes all night with them. Sort of makes the whole "made for TV" song sort of irrelevant. These guys will make their decision (probably already have), and I doubt the TV performance will do much to swing them in the long run.

Dilana sings ZOMBIE tonight... can't wait.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/TV_Shows/R/Rock_Star/2006/07/18/1689957.html

go dilana! can't wait to hear that! :)
  • Vital73Vital73 Posts: 34
    Hinny wrote:
    If that's her actual name, then she deserves to win on this alone.

It is her real name. And it fits her. Had the pleasure of seeing her show at a party in Tacoma about a year and a half ago. She plays with a band called the balls. They fucking rock. Their show at the party and their regular gig in Portland is a really great, fun, sexy show. You saw Dave tell her not to be a character so I think she is trying to step out of the 'character' she plays all the time. She can flat out sing and I think you'll see her start to win over more people as she gets more comfortable in this process.

GO STORM!!
    I will hold the candle till it burns up my arm
    Oh, I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired
    I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind
    Hey, I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind
    man is Nirvana getting OVERDONE on this show or what!!!
    pjalive21 wrote:
    man is Nirvana getting OVERDONE on this show or what!!!

Never.... it could be worse...much worse... ;)
    CrazyJD wrote:
    Never.... it could be worse...much worse... ;)

yeah we could be hearing Bon Jovi...

no wait we are...right now!!! **vomit**

sorry there was a little throw up in my mouth

BTW...almost all these women suck