Supernova

Comments

• aBoxOfFear wrote:
    headspin is the worst song of this year. lucas - you make my ears bleed. and if you don't get voted off tonight, i'm going to throw my tv off the balcony. :D

horrible song. and he tortured us with it again! i hope you looked below and didn't hurt anybody standing under your balcony! :D
  • i liked storm's "wish you wre here" and the dedication to her mom. i have a feeling the band had already made their decision before the performances...seemed like newkid was emotional while she was doing the tune and after. he may have an emotional attachment to the song, though...who knows...i'm sure many of us do.

dilana finally seemed to be having fun again. i thought she did a great job on the cheap trick tune. the crowd seemed to dig it and so did navarro and the band. good on her.

i went to take a dump while lukas was doing his original again. :)
  • poor Jason... :( looked like he was crying... i just wanted to give him big ol' hug! ;):D

i was actually kinda sad to see Storm go... she really won me over with What The F*** Is Ladylike... that was a pretty kick ass tune, and I would have rather had that as an encore than Uh Oh Uh Oh oh oh.....

I like Toby, but i don't think it's fair that they always pick on everyone else for not 'changing up' their performance, when Toby makes the same rounds around the crowd... to the contestants stage, to the back, to Supernova's stage, and back again.... every night!
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • poor Jason... :( looked like he was crying... i just wanted to give him big ol' hug! ;):D

i was actually kinda sad to see Storm go... she really won me over with What The F*** Is Ladylike... that was a pretty kick ass tune, and I would have rather had that as an encore than Uh Oh Uh Oh oh oh.....

I like Toby, but i don't think it's fair that they always pick on everyone else for not 'changing up' their performance, when Toby makes the same rounds around the crowd... to the contestants stage, to the back, to Supernova's stage, and back again.... every night!

i agree, ceg...well except giving jason a hug...oh what the hell, i'd give the newkid a hug :)
  • Yep, was Storms night to go...i think we all knew she was outta there...although she was a great chick and damn Pink Floyd.....that girl nailed it, i thought it was great! Dilanna, damn even with a sore foot she rocked!

and without being bias....i love Toby....i think the more and more the weeks have passed the more I can see him in the band. Adore Magni, but just dont see him as the front man.....i dont know what it is....

Thought they might even have 2 out tonight.....gonna be one helluva showdown!
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • CrazyJDCrazyJD Posts: 103
    i liked storm's "wish you wre here" and the dedication to her mom. i have a feeling the band had already made their decision before the performances...seemed like newkid was emotional while she was doing the tune and after. he may have an emotional attachment to the song, though...who knows...i'm sure many of us do.

dilana finally seemed to be having fun again. i thought she did a great job on the cheap trick tune. the crowd seemed to dig it and so did navarro and the band. good on her.

i went to take a dump while lukas was doing his original again. :)

I said the same thing about Dilana... after a few weeks of seeing her going at about 50% mentally, she looked like she just dropped all the baggage and had fun again. Too bad she has to hop through every song lol... but hey, she is final 4 and based on how she often carried the show at times she SHOULD be, although she won't win.

Toby might be making SN think they need a high energy, girl magnet guy like Toby... Its nice that his song is catchy, but that kind of a song gets skipped on my mix CD's after a couple weeks of hearing it (if it gets on it as track #18 ;) ). Something too "shallow" about his performance and style, but considering what product is out there today, he is pretty good. Also, SN's sound seems to fit him. But Lukas gives SN an entirely different, dirtier sound which they may like more.

Lukas did his original again... meh. Not a bad song, but we just heard it. I was hoping Storm would get the encore, was surprised Toby did after getting it recently for a carbon copy performance.

It was Storm's time to go. I really like the charisma she brought, as did SN or her cabaret style would have been gone a long time ago. Made a Metallica guy CRY on National TV! That should be on her concert posters ;)

Final 4:

Magni: great voice, personality... but overall delivers a plain, repetetive performance. I predict 4th (if they break it down like that)

Dilana: Like they said, she was running away with it... but she crumbled under pressure after some ill-advised comments to the press. They havent said anything bad about her performances really, and genuinely love the creativity she brought to the stage. 3rd

Toby: Figured he was a top 5 guy from the beginning, but didnt do much for me voice-wise. His performances have been among the best the past 4 weeks or so, and I can actually see him singing with SN. High energy, good guy. 2nd by a hair

Lukas: Love him or hate him... has great presence and a unique delivery. Seems musically creative and lyrically as well. He takes the 70's rock sound of SN and makes it dirtier, which I think is what they want. I dont like his hyper-growling at times and I think his voice may not hold up for a 2 hour concert, but a studio album would probably sound pretty cool. I like when bands have a unique sound, something Magni or Toby wouldnt give them. Lukas, from day 1 really, seems like the best fit... even though their songs are hardly heavy rock. WINNER.
    Halifax, Summer 2008... they return!
  • I agree that they must have already made up their mind when they let Storm go last night. I love "Wish you Were Here" and her version was great.

Toby is going to win this thing, I am convinced. I can't stand his original song and for them to give him the encore (and the car)... convinces me he is already their choice.
  • twin1twin1 Posts: 902
    I liked Storm's Pink Floyd song, she did a good job...had the feeling she was going to be the one to go though, I just can't see a female fronting that band for some reason

Like Toby and Dilona, lots of energy, she showed some gutts going out there even in pain, she reminds me of Janis Joplin though and just don't know if she will appeal to the younger crowd for very long; Toby gets the crowd going

Still don't like Lukas, just can't see him fronting this band

Magni is great, not as dramatic and energetic as alot of them but his vocals are good, I just like him overall
    Our love must not be just words, but True Love, which shows itself in action,
    No one needs a smile more than someone who fails to give one,
    After you die...you know how to LIVE!
  • they said storm's original song performance was the best so far this year or any year..... so why did she go home? that did not add up.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • because they already decided she would go home this week no matter what. I think she should have at least won the car.
    moemoe6434 wrote:
    they said storm's original song performance was the best so far this year or any year..... so why did she go home? that did not add up.
  • was i the only one who thought storms version was just average of wish you were here?

Storm new she was going hoe too, its no surprise for anyone!
    she was surprised last week when she didnt go home, she even said it was her time to go! but they cut ryan
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • horrible song. and he tortured us with it again! i hope you looked below and didn't hurt anybody standing under your balcony! :D

it's such a horrible song!! "i'm not perfect, i'm not perfect". i can't stand the way he sings. and he's ugly as hell. only a face a mother could love. but after that song, she prolly can't stand him either. :D
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    I cannot watch Jason Newstead--he reminds of that redhead kid on Famliy Affair.
    http://www.ethanpines.com/Portraits/May_Recognize/images/johnny_whitaker.jpg
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Lizard wrote:

LMFAO...I knew he reminded me of someone! I never was and never will be a fan of Metallica...hate them actually. So i am not familiar with him at all. Gotta give him credit for leaving though...or did he get fired?
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Jody!
    Lizard wrote:
  • r2g2r2g2 Posts: 66
    I thought Storm sucked too but not as bad a Dilana, IMO that was one of the shittiest performances in weeks by any of the cast.
    I said Yeaaaaaaah!
  • I agree that they must have already made up their mind when they let Storm go last night. I love "Wish you Were Here" and her version was great.

Toby is going to win this thing, I am convinced. I can't stand his original song and for them to give him the encore (and the car)... convinces me he is already their choice.

the car was a condolace prize....because the winner will be driving a much sweeter ride. You think tommy owns one of those??? not likely....it was a promo...SN nor the show paid for it. Thats why they all showed up in one.
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • because they already decided she would go home this week no matter what. I think she should have at least won the car.

I aggree, but that means she would have sung 3 times last night, and they wouldnt do that...besides, Toby's song was way catchier, and had some depth to it (drug abuse).

(Because I know)
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • icarus wrote:
    storms cover of wish you were here SUCKED. she sang it so flat, without emotion. pink floyds version is so emotional, pleading for the old syd barrett back. i know storm said it was for her moth but she sang it so unemotional. the only reason jason was crying was because the guy from his band voivod that died loved pink floyd, either that or the song was so bad it drove him to tears.

I thought it was superb....and I do not like Storm at all.

(Because I know)
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • LMFAO...I knew he reminded me of someone! I never was and never will be a fan of Metallica...hate them actually. So i am not familiar with him at all. Gotta give him credit for leaving though...or did he get fired?

also buthead...I swear they molded BnB after him

(Because I know)
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • also buthead...I swear they molded BnB after him

:eek: Another good call! :D

14-7 Steelers (like any of ya care :D)
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • LedZepFan wrote:
    After this week Ive concluded that I miss Ryan......I know he wasnt right for their band but its gotten so much more boring without him....Still like Magni, Id like to see him get big on his own....
    funny thing i think ryan has more talent than all of supernova rolled into one...i think he did win by being voted off...he might have hurt his career had he won..and he didn't fit in with they're 80's hair band style.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Ryan already got himself started by being voted off. ......Good for him
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    the car was a condolace prize....because the winner will be driving a much sweeter ride. You think tommy owns one of those??? not likely....it was a promo...SN nor the show paid for it. Thats why they all showed up in one.
    And lets not forget that this is a Mark Burnett production, as is "Survivor".
    And how many Survivor contestants who have won the car when they are at the final 5 have won the show.

Thats right kids...zero.

The curse of the car.

Lukas' contract with Supernova (signed on June 16) calls for Limo transportation to and from all gigs, no brown M&Ms backstage, Pepe LePew cartoons on DVD at all shows and a 1983 AMC Pacer delivered to the Tornto Hooters he'll go back to at tour's end.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • lukas will do pretty good i think with a little voice training and a bit of coaching they might have something to actually look forward to..i really loved the cover of the stones he did...guaranteed anyone else will be a bigtime flop..nobody fits as well as lukas
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • dave navarro would make a good drag queen.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • aBoxOfFear wrote:
    dave navarro would make a good drag queen.
    or a good replacement for gilby
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    ryan's not that good...

we won't be hearing from him anytime soon.

thanks.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    brainofPJ wrote:
    ryan's not that good...

we won't be hearing from him anytime soon.

thanks.

Chances are we won't be hearing from any of these barroom crooners again after this show. Magni is the only one left with even an ounce of talent and people find him boring.
  • lukas will do pretty good i think with a little voice training and a bit of coaching they might have something to actually look forward to..i really loved the cover of the stones he did...guaranteed anyone else will be a bigtime flop..nobody fits as well as lukas
    finally someone not talking out their ass around here...lukas is by far the best for supernova.secondly,i don't know why everyone acts like all they do is compliment him.they take little jabs at him all the time.if anyone has gotten off with little to no criticism,it has been toby...which i don't understand.