U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    TIVO ALERT: BRUCE ON CLASSIC 60 MINUTES, JAN 20
    A new series on VH1 Classic called Classic 60 Minutes will be focusing on Springsteen next weekend. The series, hosted by Lara Logan, taps into the archives for new half-hour profiles of musicians that have appeared on the CBS News program. The Bruce episode, which premieres Sunday, January 20 at 8 p.m., will collect interview footage -- largely from his recent talk with Scott Pelley, but also from his 60 Minutes appearance in the '90s with Ed Bradley -- plus performance footage.
    -January 10, 2008
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES
    Embodying strength and experience, never afraid to show emotion, and more than likable enough, Clarence Clemons turns 66 today, born January 11, 1942.
    Happy birthday, Big Man!
    platessmall.jpg
    Bruce At The Coliseum

US $63.50 - US $93.50

Internet Onsale Info
    Onsale to General Public:
    Sat, 01/19/08 10:00 AM EST
    Get a Text Message Reminder

NO CAMERAS/LASERS/VIDCAMS
    BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
    AND
    THE E STREET BAND
    NASSAU COLISEUM
    MON MAR 10, 2008 7:30PM
    platessmall.jpg
    "GIRLS" BUNDLE IN THE ITUNES STORE NOW
    Announced in early December, the "Girls in Their Summer Clothes" digital EP has arrived. It's currently exclusive to the iTunes store: get the new "Winter Mix" (a subtly tweaked mix from Brendan O'Brien), the Mark Pellington-directed video for the song (that's a still above), and a live version of "Girls," for $2.97.
    -January 15, 2008
    platessmall.jpg
    Fan finds ordinance the ticket for lawsuit
    Access - A Portlander angered when tickets migrate to a resale site fights back with city statute
    Wednesday, January 16, 2008BRENT HUNSBERGER The Oregonian Staff

Sharon Fehrs hopped online one Saturday morning last month to nab four seats near the stage for Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band's March 28 show at the Rose Garden.

She clicked and reclicked just as the tickets went on sale at 10 a.m., but couldn't find more than one seat available, her attorney says.

Minutes later, the longtime Springsteen fan noticed choice seats already available for sale on StubHub, an online ticket resale site. They were going for far in excess of their $95 face value.

Fed up, Fehrs filed a class-action lawsuit Jan. 9 against StubHub Inc., the nation's largest secondary ticket seller, and its parent, eBay Inc., the mammoth auction-site operator.

Her lawsuit, filed in Multnomah County Circuit Court in Portland, alleges both companies violated the city of Portland's little-enforced anti-scalping law. She's asking the court to stop StubHub's practice and award damages to customers who opt into her lawsuit.

Fehrs declined to comment, but her attorney, John Neupert, said the Springsteen nut, who's seen the star live a half-dozen times, wants to ensure consumers have fair access to affordable seats at their favorite shows.

"She believes that StubHub and eBay operate an illegal secondary market that deprives people of an equitable opportunity to buy tickets at a reasonable price," said Neupert of Miller Nash in Portland.

Growing movement
    Fehrs joins the vast and vocal fray developing around the resale of tickets to popular events such as Hannah Montana and -- these days, in this city -- Portland Trail Blazers games. In the past two years, the nation's largest ticket broker, a pro football team, a fan of pop band The Police and four state attorneys general have gone to court or launched investigations trying to rein in online ticket scalping.

A StubHub spokeswoman said the company, by policy, does not comment on pending legal matters.

Originally, tickets to Springsteen's concert in Portland went on sale on comcasttix.com for $65 to $95. Fans now can find them on StubHub for $103 to $1,000.

But StubHub and other secondary ticket reselling sites contend they are not ticket sellers but merely platforms where fans, can buy and sell tickets, and set their own prices.

Portland's anti-scalping ordinance bars anyone from reselling tickets for events at the Rose Garden and city-owned venues for more than the ticket's original retail price. Violators face a maximum $500 fine and six months in jail.

Rarely enforced
    The ordinance is rarely enforced, judging by scalpers that work the sidewalk outside the Rose Garden before Trail Blazers games and city officials' admitted lack of experience with it.

"Nobody has really looked at that anti-scalping ordinance in a long, long time," said Jim Van Dyke, senior deputy city attorney for Portland and a 14-year veteran of the office. "It just hasn't come up."

He believes the ordinance was passed in 1977, the same year Portland won its only NBA title -- and well before the Internet spread.

Mike Golub, chief operating officer for the Trail Blazers, said it's unclear how the law applies to online transactions that might occur outside the city limits.

Golub said managers of the arena -- owned by Paul Allen -- try to enforce the city's anti-scalping ordinance on Rose Quarter grounds with its own security staff. But the team also has come to accept online ticket reselling, even providing an online resale site where season-ticket holders can auction tickets they can't use.

"From our standpoint, it's a marketplace that exists," Golub said. "If done the right way, it's a good thing."

Teams have taken varying approaches to online reselling, ranging from clamping down on scalping to using technology to nab some of the profits.

The New England Patriots, a perennial pro football powerhouse, sued StubHub in 2006, accusing the company of spurring fans to violate Massachusetts anti-scalping law. The case was settled.

Fan outrage also has prompted politicians to act. Last year, parents upset at being unable to get seats to Hannah Montana shows, performed by Miley Cyrus, 15, prompted attorneys general in Missouri, Arkansas, Connecticut and Pennsylvania to open investigations into ticket resellers.

Even the nation's largest ticket broker, Ticketmaster, won a court injunction last year against RMG Technologies Inc. after alleging RMG's software had helped scalpers get around a computer security program designed to bar automated ticket-buying programs. RMG President Cipriano Garibay told The New York Times that the company doesn't use sophisticated character-recognition software but instead pays workers in India $2 an hour to bypass the security measure. Attorneys suing RMG doubt that claim.

Class-action suit
    Ticketmaster's lawsuit prompted Boaz Lissauer, a New Jersey resident who paid a reseller $195 for $65 tickets to a Police concert last year in New York City, to file a class-action lawsuit last month in U.S. District Court in Cincinnati against RMG. Lissauer accused RMG of copyright violation, computer fraud and racketeering. His attorneys dropped the Ohio lawsuit last week but say they plan to refile in federal court in Pittsburgh, where RMG has moved.

Even as they fight scalping, ticket brokers and teams are jockeying for part of the estimated $3 billion ticket-reselling pie.

This week, Ticketmaster said it was buying the nation's second-largest online ticket reseller, TicketsNow Inc.

Fehrs isn't completely out of luck. Her husband eventually bought two general-admission tickets to Springsteen's show at face value, Neupert said, but she still finds the experience unfair.

"It's as though the metered access lanes to freeways were open only to the highest bidder," Neupert said. "That's not an equitable way to allocate scarce resources."

Brent Hunsberger: 503-221-8359; brenthunsberger@news. oregonian.com; blog.oregonlive.com/playbooksandprofits
    platessmall.jpg
  • Otis64Otis64 Posts: 41
    Anyone know where the Girls In Their Summer Clothes live version on the EP was recorded? I'd have to assume it was sometime during the US leg but who knows?
    It's Gonna Be A Long Walk Home
    Otis64 wrote:
    Anyone know where the Girls In Their Summer Clothes live version on the EP was recorded? I'd have to assume it was sometime during the US leg but who knows?

not sure on specifics, but i think i remember reading it was from the most recent European Tour.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Hey folks. This is probably a stupid question so flame away but if a drop occurrs and I'm at school or work and can only buy tickets by phone what number should I call? The venue, a TM outlet or is there some 1-800 number for ticketmaster. Just curious, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    a TM outlet .

i hear macys now has ticket outlets at selected locations,

call out of state .

best of luck
    platessmall.jpg
  • Wait, call out of state for a ticket drop? Is there really this high of a volume of requests for a drop? I had no idea. I guess I will write down some local outlet numbers but for some reason I just assumed there was some national ticketmaster 800 number.
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i hear macys now has ticket outlets at selected locations,

call out of state .

best of luck
  • I just procured some GA tickets for Portland. Good idea or bad idea?
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Just bought tickets for me and my mom behind the stage in montreal! Not the best seats, but 100L. She's 45 and seen him twice, and I'm 16 and it's my first time seein him! I can't fucking wait!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe the look on her face when I told her I was getting her tickets (he's her favourite)

:D:D:D:D

Is he playing Born In The USA acoustic or Electric?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • I think BITUSA has only been played a handful of times early in the tour, electric style. You never know though ;)
    BITUSA has been rearranged numerous times ,then back again,..... such as for the VFC tour.

Behind the stage are some of the best seats---with a unique perspective ( you see what Bruce and the Band sees ) - you and Mom will have a blast !

enjoy !
    platessmall.jpg
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    BITUSA has been rearranged numerous times ,then back again,..... such as for the VFC tour.

Behind the stage are some of the best seats---with a unique perspective ( you see what Bruce and the Band sees ) - you and Mom will have a blast !

enjoy !

It's my first show like I said, she's been with me to Pearl Jam, now its time for me to see her favourite.

I've discovered I LOVE his music!

Damn, now I gotta buy me a Tele.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    may the ticket gods grace you all with their positive prescence tomorrrow.

Grab your ticket and your suitcase
    Thunder's rolling down the tracks
    You don't know where you're goin'
    But you know you won't be back
    Darlin' if you're weary
    Lay your head upon my chest
    We'll take what we can carry
    And we'll leave the rest

Big Wheels rolling through fields
    Where sunlight streams
    Meet me in a land of hope and dreams

I will provide for you
    And I'll stand by your side
    You'll need a good companion for
    This part of the ride
    Leave behind your sorrows
    Let this day be the last
    Tomorrow there'll be sunshine
    And all this darkness past

Big wheels roll through fields
    Where sunlight streams
    Meet me in a land of hope and dreams

This train
    Carries saints and sinners
    This train
    Carries losers and winners
    This Train
    Carries whores and gamblers
    This Train
    Carries lost souls
    This Train
    Dreams will not be thwarted
    This Train
    Faith will be rewarded
    This Train
    Hear the steel wheels singin'
    This Train
    Bells of freedom ringin'
    This Train
    Carries broken-hearted
    This Train
    Thieves and sweet souls departed
    This Train
    Carries fools and kings
    This Train
    All aboard

This Train
    Dreams will not be thwarted
    This Train
    Faith will be rewarded
    This Train
    Hear the steel wheels singin'
    This Train
    Bells of freedom ringin'
    platessmall.jpg
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    You are quite tenacious with this thread, Bathgate.
    I like that!!!

:D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    You are quite tenacious with this thread, Bathgate.
    I like that!!!

:D

Reason To Believe

.....talk about a rocker.

:eek:
    platessmall.jpg
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    listening to "Preacher's Daughter" right now. it has some lyrics from "Ramrod" in it.... i hate that song but Preacher's Daughter is pretty damn good. sorta like "She's The One".
    the " sales " today were the biggest scam.

thankfully i knew to pass on the tickets they were offering today ( all rearstage high 300s-330, 331, 332, 335, 309 )
    there will be more ticketdrops for this show at some point- there were absolutely no good / decent / fair seats available yet .
    platessmall.jpg
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Long Walk Home got to me today. a damn fine song!! fuck Clear Channel for not playing new Springsteen on the radio!!
    Bruce all over the boob- tube tonight.

On VH1 Classic all night,

the Classic 60 minutes episode with live footage and interviews ,

then the Storytellers Episode ,

and finally the " Stadium Rock " Episode of Rock Of Ages-
    which prominently features The Boss.
    platessmall.jpg
    Advanced discounted tickets for the Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band tribute Tramps Like Us with Mike Rocket And The Stars on Mon, Feb 11 at BB King's Blues Club in NYC are available now http://www.mikerocket.com/_shows___tickets_

We're hoping to help draw a great crowd & to call this a NEW YORK CITY MEETUP. Would be great to see a bunch of you there.

Thanks.

Mike
    MIKE ROCKET AND THE STARS
    http://www.mikerocket.com
    platessmall.jpg
    News updated January 21, 2008

PULL THAT CYCLE OUT OF THE GARAGE...
    Bruce & E Street Band to play Harley's 105th in August
    Here's our first official confirmation that our Summer of Bruce won't be ending at Giants Stadium in July. Bruce and the band will be returning to Milwaukee in August, after their Bradley Center stop in March, for a much bigger show.

On August 28-31, Harley-Davidson celebrates its 105th anniversary at the Summerfest Grounds in Milwaukee, and they've just announced that Springsteen and the E Streeters will play as part of the festivities on Saturday, August 30.

Also performing that weekend are ZZ Top, the Black Crowes, Buddy Guy, Foghat, and more. The Springsteen show will be an additional concert held outside the Summerfest Grounds at the Roadhouse at the Lakefront, requiring a separate $40 ticket in addition to the $60 105th Anniversary ticket (available now). According to The Business Journal, 60,000 general admission tickets will be sold for the Springsteen show. Only 105th Anniversary Ticket Holders can purchase Springsteen tickets, which go on sale April 5 at 8 a.m. Central.

Read the press release here; see Harley-Davidson.com for additional information.
    -January 21, 2008
    platessmall.jpg
  • bryn_cmbsbryn_cmbs Posts: 407
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    interesting that for the stadium shows doesnt appear to be any rear stage tickets as was the case with the indoor arena setups.

some of the best shows i have seen came from those rear stage perspective seats, seeing the sea of people out there , just like Bruce & the band views.

My dad's a huge Springsteen fan. Anyway, I'd like to treat him and take him to the Cincinnati show, however rear stage seats are all that is left. Would it be worth $58 a ticket for rear stage? thanks.
    bryn_cmbs wrote:
    My dad's a huge Springsteen fan. Anyway, I'd like to treat him and take him to the Cincinnati show, however rear stage seats are all that is left. Would it be worth $58 a ticket for rear stage? thanks.

everyone has different feelings on these rear view , rear stage perspective seats.

I have seen about 100 Bruce shows, and a few were from behind the stage- ( including a couple on this recent Magic Tour ) and I personally loved that view, looking out at the masses and seeing what Bruce and The Band sees.

Also- many of the E Streeters and Bruce himself often play to the back crowd, so its a good experience.

If your taking somo9ne who is a fan, it will be appreciated ( regardless of where you are seated )

enjoy !
    platessmall.jpg
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    bryn_cmbs wrote:

Anywhere in the arena is worth it dude. I was behind the stage in the 300 level of the United Center next to the two drunkest douchebags I've ever seen in my life and it was still the 3rd best concert I've ever been to. It would have been #2 w/o the douches
  • bryn_cmbsbryn_cmbs Posts: 407
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    everyone has different feelings on these rear view , rear stage perspective seats.

I have seen about 100 Bruce shows, and a few were from behind the stage- ( including a couple on this recent Magic Tour ) and I personally loved that view, looking out at the masses and seeing what Bruce and The Band sees.

Also- many of the E Streeters and Bruce himself often play to the back crowd, so its a good experience.

If your taking somo9ne who is a fan, it will be appreciated ( regardless of where you are seated )

enjoy !

Thanks.
  • Dumb question #47

How rowdy is the GA area usually?
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Dumb question #47

How rowdy is the GA area usually?

As rowdy as your local Schnucks grocery store Preperation-H aisle.