U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Jenfarr wrote:
    I was there too and I heard SK play Promised Land and the SK sites confirmed it for me. :)

The whole show was pretty cool...
    Set list last night looked solid.

TWO DAYS UNTIL I SEE THE BOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Jenfarr wrote:
    I was there too and I heard SK play Promised Land and the SK sites confirmed it for me. :)

The whole show was pretty cool...

thunder road was played during the pre pre show then ( warmups maybe ) .

that must explain it .

Last Nights Leg Opener :

February 28 / Hartford, CT / XL Center
    Notes: We'll admit it, for the first night back after more than two months off, we were expecting a standard show, maybe a little halting, as Springsteen and the E Street Band got their feet back under them. But from the beginning -- as Bruce hollered "Is there anybody alive out there!" and went not into "Radio Nowhere" but "So Young and in Love" to start -- he and the band were immediately up to speed, and Hartford was a hot, high-energy show. In mid-season shape from the moment they took the stage, they were also clearly determined to offer something new for this second swing around North America, with three top-tier tour debuts from Tracks. In addition to that surprise opener, "Loose Ends" was very well received, with Bruce and Steve sharing extended vocals at the end. The third premiere was played appropriately enough "for Janey," it was "Janey Don't You Lose Heart." Nils' first recorded vocal with the E Street Band, tonight the song put the spotlight on him once again, a great moment as he took over to sing the second verse.

Patti Scialfa was absent tonight, as was Danny Federici, with Charles Giordano continuing to fill in on organ as he did in Europe (tonight was his U.S. debut with the E Streeters). After telling the crowd that Patti sends her love, Bruce went on to say that Danny does too, offering a long-awaited update to fans who've been wondering about the Phantom: "He's doing all right. Hopefully he'll make it out for a few shows on this leg of the tour." Bruce also took the moment to recognize Charlie and give him a bow.

Working the stage and the crowd hard, Bruce added a few new thoughts to the often downbeat "Livin' in the Future" rap: "I feel some changes coming... I feel a new wind!" The set-closing five-pack remains intact, with some nice refinements to "Long Walk Home" carrying over from its evolving arrangement on the European tour. Nils and particularly Steve get to step up on vocals at the end, to great effect. "Dancing in the Dark" dropped out of the encore to make room for an epic doubleshot, "Backstreets" into "Kitty's Back," where Charlie really got a chance to shine. And opening night -- not a warm-up by any means -- came to a familiar close with "American Land."

"This show just put a big dent in my bank account," a friend of mine told me afterward. How come? "Before, I was on the fence about how many I was going to see this time," he said. "After 'Loose Ends' I realized, dammit, I'm gonna have to see 'em all."
    -Photographs by A.M. Saddler

Setlist:
    So Young and in Love
    Radio Nowhere
    Lonesome Day
    Gypsy Biker
    Magic
    Reason to Believe
    Loose Ends
    She's the One
    Livin' in the Future
    The Promised Land
    Waitin' on a Sunny Day
    Janey Don't You Lose Heart
    The River
    Devil's Arcade
    The Rising
    Last to Die
    Long Walk Home
    Badlands
    Girls in Their Summer Clothes
    Backstreets
    Kitty's Back
    Born to Run
    American Land
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    From last night in Hartford.

So Young And In Love
    http://www.mediafire.com/?xnuymfhxewn

Loose Ends
    http://www.mediafire.com/?aec1drymrgm

Janey Don't You Lose Heart w/Nils
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ntu3ew10wmy

and here is the "evolving" Long Walk Home. I don't get what the fuss is about. It sounds like Europe to me, except the crowd was louder there than this sounds.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jz4a24z1ymj
    platessmall.jpg
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I saw the Drive-By Truckers cover Bruce at both of their Seattle shows this month. Saturday they did Buttholeville>State Trooper>Buttholeville while on Sunday they did Adam Raised A Cain.
    I'm going to the Nassau Coliseum show. Anyone else going & want to meet up for a bite to eat nearby before the show?
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
    Yefa wrote:
    I saw the Drive-By Truckers cover Bruce at both of their Seattle shows this month. Saturday they did Buttholeville>State Trooper>Buttholeville while on Sunday they did Adam Raised A Cain.
    I'm going to the Nassau Coliseum show. Anyone else going & want to meet up for a bite to eat nearby before the show?

im attending nassau and before the show im heading to the marriot next door

i hear there is a sports bar inside and within walking distance to the coliseum.

enjoy !
    platessmall.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    hey, Bath did you see this at http://www.greasylake.org :

The Magic Tour returned in style last night in Hartford with no less than three tour premieres. That seems like more than on the entire European part of the tour. And could it be that Bruce is reading this page? The other day I asked for more songs from Tracks and what happens: "So Young and in Love", "Loose Ends" and "Janey Don't You Lose Heart" all appear. All right, I also asked for songs from Devils & Dust and that has yet to happen. In return, yesterday's soundcheck included "The Price You Pay", "Fade Away" and "Roulette", so we could still be in for a few surprises in the shows to come.

The Price You Pay????!!!!!!!
    Fade Away????!!!!
    Roulette???!!!
    don't think Roulette will sound as urgent as it did in 78 so i'm not as excited for that one. maybe in the Lonesome Day #3 slot though....
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    How late can you get there and get a wristband? Rochester I won't be there before 4, so I'm guessing that's too late no? but Buffalo the next day I can get there as early as I want. Any ideas? I hope to get front pit once on this tour! I was second pit in Ottawa.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • AstirdAstird Posts: 168
    I'll be at the Montreal show tomorrow. I didn't get the Pit email like I did for Ottawa so I'm not sure what time I should show up at. I'll just hope for the best I guess.

Some were thinking the Arcade Fire would make an appearance, but it turns out they're doing a free show in Ohio for Obama that day.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Some were thinking the Arcade Fire would make an appearance, but it turns out they're doing a free show in Ohio for Obama that day.
    Shitty.

I'm gonna be behind the stage tomorrow night, never seen bruce live, I'm SOOOO pumped.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    Shitty.

I'm gonna be behind the stage tomorrow night, never seen bruce live, I'm SOOOO pumped.

Cool, another Ottawa person on here. I saw him solo in Ottawa, then with the whole band a few months ago and it was my favorite concert of 2007 AND I saw PJ that year *gasp*
  • SpoutnikSpoutnik Posts: 26
    The Boss tonight..i'm ready

Come on Bruce, play "Better days" tonight.
    She wears my love like a see-through dress
    Her lips say one thing,her movements something else.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Spoutnik wrote:
    The Boss tonight..i'm ready

Come on Bruce, play "Better days" tonight.

Ah, the perfect song for when you're feeling good.

Have fun!
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
    Last time I checked there were floor tickets for Montreal. I'm actually going to Montreal to see Henry Rollins tonight, and I'm staying strong not to defect, because I do want to see Henry too, but its slightly tempting! However I'll be seeing Bruce Thursday AND Friday.
  • SpoutnikSpoutnik Posts: 26
    JaneNY wrote:
    Last time I checked there were floor tickets for Montreal. I'm actually going to Montreal to see Henry Rollins tonight, and I'm staying strong not to defect, because I do want to see Henry too, but its slightly tempting! However I'll be seeing Bruce Thursday AND Friday.
    ^

You'll change your mind after you'll pass the borders..Plus Montreal is a great crowd for concerts.You wouldn't regret it, i promise you.
    She wears my love like a see-through dress
    Her lips say one thing,her movements something else.
    JaneNY wrote:
    How late can you get there and get a wristband? Rochester I won't be there before 4, so I'm guessing that's too late no? but Buffalo the next day I can get there as early as I want. Any ideas? I hope to get front pit once on this tour! I was second pit in Ottawa.

so - then try at 4 regardless !
    you might get lucky.

for the following night, if you have the time to spare, get down there as Early As Humanly Possible. Random is Random, but still be on the tail end one night then the head end the next,...;)

back to back is awesome- and a rare occurence !
    be careful photographing,

enjoy !
    platessmall.jpg
    HAMILTON CONCERT INFO
    You'll find general admission/pit lottery info for Monday night's Hamilton show online now at the Copps Coliseum website. Note that his information isn't venue-specific -- this policy applies to any arena show on this leg, including Sunday night in Montreal, unless a venue specifies otherwise.
    -March 1, 2007
    platessmall.jpg
    Montreal was awesome last night. I still can't decide if I liked this show or Ottawa better. I was lucky last night and got 1st row! I couldn't believe it. I went to the left side of the rail though. Bruce gave about 95% of his love to the right side unfortunately lol, but it was all good. Clarence was the man last night.
    I was behind the stage last night.

That was the single best show I've seen in my life. Holy shit! Opening with Night! Jungleland as the encore!!!!!!

I can't get over how amazing that concert was. I thought nothing could top Pearl Jam in Ottawa, I was wrong!!!

I now NEEED to see a show in the pit, but I don't think the show could have been any better.
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    so - then try at 4 regardless !
    you might get lucky.

for the following night, if you have the time to spare, get down there as Early As Humanly Possible. Random is Random, but still be on the tail end one night then the head end the next,...;)

back to back is awesome- and a rare occurence !

I know - I am so excited! I've worked basically non-stop since I saw Bruce in Ottawa, and I'm fortunate that I have a work meeting down in Pennsylvania on Saturday so I'd have had to take Friday off anyway, so getting people to cover my classes on Thursday wasn't too hard. I'm excited to see back to back nights, because that's where variation is usually. So yeah, Buffalo, heck I'll go right in the morning and wait for my armband.

p.s. I did go to Rollins last night and it was awesome, but the border when they ask where I'd been, purpose of trip, etc., and I say I went to a show, they asked Springsteen? I think I was in some Springsteen traffic when I was coming home because I was on 720 right past the bell centre at about 11:15. But Rollins was awesome too and it was my only chance to see him.
  • lukin420lukin420 Posts: 80
    what time does the BOSS usually hit the stage???????
    is there an opening act?

thanks
    lukin420 wrote:
    what time does the BOSS usually hit the stage???????
    is there an opening act?

thanks

when you have historically played 3 hour shows, theres not much time for an opening band.

i dont think theres been a true " opener " in over 20 years .
    ( maybe Bob Marley and The Melody Makers ? ? :confused: )
    Besides, who could open for " The Boss " ?

i would be in my seat no later then 8pm , the times have differed between 8:15 am and 8:30pm .

enjoy !
    platessmall.jpg
    The guard last night told us that Bruce wasn't even in Montreal yet, and that was past 7:30 when they first let the pit in. I heard he was stuck at the border lol. The nerve.
    I was behind the stage last night.

That was the single best show I've seen in my life. Holy shit! Opening with Night! Jungleland as the encore!!!!!!

I can't get over how amazing that concert was. I thought nothing could top Pearl Jam in Ottawa, I was wrong!!!

I now NEEED to see a show in the pit, but I don't think the show could have been any better.

incredible !

I have rear stage in the 5th or 6th row at Nassau coming up next week- and I am pumped ! .

Section 224

I have been rearstage before - & again - I like seeing what the band seees and this point of perspective. As long as the sound ( at Nassau ) holds up, I'll be fine !

This show in particular has had significant interest- i guess being more or less a NY area Metro show- always high in demand especially with only 1 appearance.

After this, I will have a LONG wait until July at Giants Stadium .

Montreal was awesome last night. I still can't decide if I liked this show or Ottawa better. I was lucky last night and got 1st row! I couldn't believe it. I went to the left side of the rail though. Bruce gave about 95% of his love to the right side unfortunately lol, but it was all good. Clarence was the man last night.

nice show ! This would have been one of my favorite partsd of the night :
    "Because the Night" (a North American tour premiere, at least) was met with a huge roar as Roy started the intro. And you gotta love a night when Bruce calls audibles of "Darkness" (replacing the setlisted "Working on the Highway") and "Jungleland" (in the "Bobby Jean"/"Thunder Road" slot), with another how-does-he-do-it stunner of a solo from Clarence.
    glad you enjoyed the show(s) !

I am so so very pumped for 1 week from tonight at Nassau !
    platessmall.jpg
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    what current bands do you guys think would contribute to a Springsteen tribute record?? here's what i think:

Eddie Vedder or Pearl Jam (don't know if the other guys are fans)
    Sleater Kinney
    The Killers
    The Wallflowers
    The Goo Goo Dolls
    RHCP maybe (i know Flea and Anthony are fans of Nebraksa)
    Tom Morrelo as the Nightwatchman
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    incredible !

I have rear stage in the 5th or 6th row at Nassau coming up next week- and I am pumped ! .

Section 224

I have been rearstage before - & again - I like seeing what the band seees and this point of perspective. As long as the sound ( at Nassau ) holds up, I'll be fine !

This show in particular has had significant interest- i guess being more or less a NY area Metro show- always high in demand especially with only 1 appearance.

After this, I will have a LONG wait until July at Giants Stadium .

nice show ! This would have been one of my favorite partsd of the night :

glad you enjoyed the show(s) !

I am so so very pumped for 1 week from tonight at Nassau !

I nearly shit my pants when Jungleland started up.

I'm tryin to get my ass to Giants stadium now.
  • Jesse Malin
    The National
    The Hold Steady
    Ted Leo
    Drive by Truckers
    Billy Bragg
    platessmall.jpg
  • Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Just got a ticket in section 101 to see him at Key Arena on the 29th. Can't wait. Saw Bruce and Co. twice in Philly what seems like years ago , but is in reality a few months ago. Can't wait. Already bouncing off the walls.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
    So Young & In Love from Hartford has been posted on backstreets:

http://brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html
    platessmall.jpg