U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Bathgate66 wrote:
    i think this is a phenomenon consisting of European Shows.

They always seem to go a little bit crazier then even back here in the States.

Whenever I watch that Barcelona DVD, im jealous that i wasnt there, living that experience to the fullest potential.

kudos to our European neioghbors.!

Yeah, there's something about shows in Europe that make the fans go absolutely insane. It's not even the floor, everyone in the stands is going crazy too!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Despite brisk sales, tickets remain for Springsteen's Giants Stadium shows
    by Jay Lustig/The Star-Ledger
    Saturday December 15, 2007, 5:29 PM
    The best seats for Bruce Springsteen's three July concerts at Giants Stadium were snatched up quickly when they went on sale at noon today. But demand for the poorer, upper level tickets was relatively slow.

By late this afternoon, plenty of seats remained, though they weren't necessarily good ones.

A Ticketmaster search for a pair of tickets at 4:45 p.m. yielded offers for section 331 and 314 (both upper-tier sections) for the Sunday, July 27 and Thursday, July 31 shows, respectively. For Monday, July 28, seats in section 215 (in the mezzanine) were still available.

Traditionally, the opening and closing shows of a multi-show stand generate the most interest.

It did not appear any shows would be added to the summer stand on the first day of availability.

For Springsteen and his E Street Band's last Giants Stadium shows, in 2003, three shows were initially announced. But demand was so strong that four additional dates were added later in the day. Three more shows went on sale on a later date, bringing the summer's total to 10.

The 2003 Giants Stadium shows had a capacity of 55,000, and these shows' capacity figures to be the same, or similar. Arena shows usually max out around 20,000.

Giants Stadium tickets are priced at $65 and $95, and available at ticketmaster.com.

for those going if you dont arrive early enough, odds are you will be encountering this :

MeadowlandsArial.jpg
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Belfast

Because The Night

Watch It here
    platessmall.jpg
    VH1 Special on Rock n Roll

amd_springsteen.jpg

Bruce Headlines This Special.

VH1 'Rock' history hits huge sour note
    Monday, December 17th 2007, 4:00 AM

Mazur/Getty

Bruce Springsteen (l.) and Steven Van Zandt perform a number in 'Seven Ages of Rock.'
    SEVEN AGES OF ROCK. Tonight at 9, VH1 Classic

"Seven Ages of Rock," an ambitious week-long documentary that kicks off tonight, delivers a fast-paced, entertaining ride through rock music from 1965 to the present.

So it's very tempting to just sit back and enjoy it, except that's hard when it's all built on a lie.

At the beginning of the first installment, a Bobby Vee song plays in the background while narrator Dennis Hopper explains that before Jan. 1, 1965, popular music was bland, sanitized and largely irrelevant to a restless audience that was thirsting impatiently for something more.

This view can be explained partly by the fact "Seven Ages" is primarily a BBC production, so it looks at popular music from the perspective of Great Britain, where until the '60s pop music fans had only the ultrabland BBC.

The fact that this premise largely ignores the Beatles is a little more perplexing. But it forges on, arguing that "rock" as we know it really took off in 1965, when the Rolling Stones started doing their own material and the Who found their voice and Bob Dylan went electric.

So okay, you could argue that the "British invasion" bands started to rock harder that year. But "Seven Ages" doesn't phrase it that way. "Seven Ages" gives the distinct impression that the first real voice of rock was the Who smashing guitars.

To find where that voice came from, the show suggests, you have to go back to black American blues. It underscores this argument with a marvelous scene in which Keith Richards plays "Satisfaction" as a slow Delta blues.

But the implication is that nothing else came between John Lee Hooker and Eric Clapton, that no other music affected these early Brits.

That's just plain wrong. It's a lie, and any of the musicians here would tell you it's a lie.

To talk about the dawn of "rock" without factoring in Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, Elvis, Jerry Lee, Fats, James Brown and a hundred others doesn't just ignore history. It sneers at history.

The people involved here should know it - from their own clips. In the first two performance shots of the Stones, they're singing "Not Fade Away," a Buddy Holly song, and "Around and Around," a Chuck Berry song.

"Seven Ages" tells a good story, with great music and incisive and amusing comments from the likes of Clapton, Richards, Springsteen and Ozzy Osbourne.

But the fact that it ignores the entire decade when so much of this music was built - ignores Little Richard, the Beach Boys and Four Seasons, Phil Spector, Bo Diddley, rockabilly, early Motown, dismisses everything that went on before 1965, suggests by omission that it doesn't matter - sheathes the whole production in a cloud so dark that Keith, Eric, Bruce, the Clash, Pearl Jam and Oasis all together can never quite bust it out.

dhinckley@nydailynews.com
    platessmall.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,652
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    interesting that for the stadium shows doesnt appear to be any rear stage tickets as was the case with the indoor arena setups.

some of the best shows i have seen came from those rear stage perspective seats, seeing the sea of people out there , just like Bruce & the band views.
    I've never seen a stadium sell behind stage seats for a concert. I think its largely due to the large staging(and usually large screen) requiring scaffolding and such so there is not going to be the open view that is to be had at an arena.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    12/17, PARIS: JOYEUX NOEL!
    With the setlists all but static here at the end of the European leg, we've first got to acknowledge some frustration among repeat attendees, the Loneliness of the Long-Distance Tour Follower. A "real ballbuster" says one of tonight's show, the penultimate night of the '07 tour, being virtually identical to the last three -- while of course granting it's a great show for anyone who's not catching multiple nights. ("You do it to yourself," as Radiohead says.)

Differentiating the Paris set from Belfast was a shake-up of the standard opening trio (adding both "Night" and "No Surrender" in between "Radio Nowhere" and "Lonesome Day") and most remarkably, a killer "Jungleland" in the encore. Clarence was perfect, Bruce sounded great, and "it hasn't sounded that good since '78" was a reasonable reaction. Bruce sent "Jungleland" out "for Leonardo, and for Paris." It wouldn't be Paris without Elliott Murphy, and a couple songs later Bruce's old friend and regular guest was onstage for "Dancing in the Dark."

For the closing "Santa Claus" -- "Croyez vous au Pere Noel?" -- enough Santa caps were hurled onstage that Springsteen was able to go around and make sure everyone in the band got one. The Boss himself got a custom model -- when Kevin Buell came out with the guitar for the song, he also brought the red cowboy hat from Belfast, which Bruce clearly took a shine to. And with the entire band decked out, tonight demonstrated what we've said before: no one wears a Santa hat like Bruce. Not even Steve, though the headscarf/hat combo is a unique touch. "Joyeux Noel from the E Street Band!"

Next: Last stop, London. A week after Zeppelin, Bruce and the E Street Band play the O2 Arena on Wednesday night.

For the full song list, and reports from other recent performances, see our Setlists page.
    platessmall.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
    Merry Christmas, Boss, Stevie
    and everyone else visiting this thread.

tour121907a.jpg
    platessmall.jpg
  • ...tramps like us...

I miss you Daddy.....10/12/07
    got my Giants Stadium tickets in the mail yesterday
    that was fast.

now i gotta get into that Uniondale Nassau Masolleum show.

awesome !
    platessmall.jpg
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    once again, where's my Philly show?
    dunno bout philly, or even more MSG shows in '08,......

but what may turn out to be the toughest ticket in this northeast region may well be that 1 show out at Hempstead Turnpike @ the Masoleum .
    platessmall.jpg
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    i am at the peak of diggin the magic album, i wish the concert was sooner. what a great album with some beauty songs to sing a long to. i love magic and the hidden track.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
    i am at the peak of diggin the magic album, i wish the concert was sooner. what a great album with some beauty songs to sing a long to. i love magic and the hidden track.

right now i am digging Gypsy Biker.
    ( wonder why tis is the only track where the lyrics arent posted/ included in the albums liner notes. )

such a strong poignant song.

( any of bruces' songs fall into this category )

;)

C
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    ( wonder why tis is the only track where the lyrics arent posted/ included in the albums liner notes. )

;)

C
    they're not in the liner notes? never noticed that, i'll have to see for myself because that just sounds too weird to be true!
    they're not in the liner notes? never noticed that, i'll have to see for myself because that just sounds too weird to be true!

again i stand corrected.

this is becoming as bad as my poster habit !
    It is indeed included in the liner notes- but it is absent from the lyric boolet that backstreets offred when you pre ordered the vinyl .

it is on the liner notes tho- sorry i was mistaken on that .
    platessmall.jpg
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    I got Lucky Town for Christmas from my girlfriend.
    What a great album.
    Souls Of The Departed is my new favorite from Bruce.

I still need Tunnel Of Love and Human Touch to complete my collection.
    I got Lucky Town for Christmas from my girlfriend.
    What a great album.
    Souls Of The Departed is my new favorite from Bruce.

I still need Tunnel Of Love and Human Touch to complete my collection.
    do you have the Chimes of Freedom EP or the Blood Brothers EP?
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    do you have the Chimes of Freedom EP or the Blood Brothers EP?

I have Chimes Of Freedom. Love that.
    I can't find Blood Brothers anywhere without paying a large amount.
    How does the alternate Blood Brothers sound on the EP?
    Is there somewhere I can download it?
    a new , 30th anniv package for Darkness On The Edge Of Town ?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

from backstreets:

WE'RE BACK!
    Happy 2008! It's now been 35 years since Greetings From Asbury Park, NJ, Bruce Springsteen's first album released on January 5, 1973, and 2008 will also mark 35 years since The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle. More hard-to-believe anniversaries this year: the Tunnel of Love Express Tour's 20th, Tracks' tenth... and then, of course, the big one, the 30th anniversary of Darkness on the Edge of Town. After the way we celebrated Born to Run's 30th in style with a multimedia box set, hopes are high for a similar Darkness release likely coming this year, still under wraps but currently in the works. We'll keep you posted.

More to look forward to this year: the long-awaited release of Southside Johnny's album of Tom Waits covers, Grapefruit Moon, which he recently told the Asbury Park Press will be out "by hook or by crook" in 2008. And, of course, Springsteen and the E Street Band return to the concert stage in less than two months, with their first show of 2008 on February 28 in Hartford, CT. As the schedule currently stands, Bruce and the band will be playing 54 shows -- 31 in North America and 23 in Europe -- between the end of February and the end of July. Could the tour really end there? Surely more U.S. stadiums in August? Stay tuned, it's gonna be another Boss year, and as always -- well, at least for the last decade, with 2008 marking the tenth anniversary of Backstreets.com, too -- we'll be following all the news right here.
    -January 7, 2008
    platessmall.jpg
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    Bathgate66 wrote:

;)

C

devils arcade hit me today...wow,

the beat of yer heart, the beat of yer heart........
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24

heres an alternate vversion of " Blood Brothers "
    not sure if its the version you are looking for, but nonetheless it is a good track.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1306085

enjoy !
    platessmall.jpg
  • FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    81 days and counting to my first Boss show............
    F'n_Circus wrote:
    81 days and counting to my first Boss show............

getting your boss cherry popped ? :eek:

im guessing this is sat , march 29th ?

enjoy ! Its gonna blow you away , no doubt.

all the magic will be fine tuned by this go around !
    platessmall.jpg
    Blood Brothers alt is a totally different song in terms of arrangement. also on that EP:
    High Hopes (cover)
    Murder Inc. (live)
    Secret Garden (with strings)
    Without You (not sure if it's a cover... don't think so)
    wtf ?

they pushed back the onsales for hemstead ( nass colliseum ) a week , from 1-12 , up to 1-19 , :confused::confused:

just noticed this- wonder when they did that. :confused::confused:

almost pulled a fast one on me,....:eek:
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    getting your boss cherry popped ? :eek:

im guessing this is sat , march 29th ?

enjoy ! Its gonna blow you away , no doubt.

all the magic will be fine tuned by this go around !
    no doubt. yep, the seattle show. I thought about doing the triad (Portland, Seattle, Vancouver), but 3 shows in 4 days and no less than a giant dent in my savings, don't think i'd survive.
    F'n_Circus wrote:
    no doubt. yep, the seattle show. I thought about doing the triad (Portland, Seattle, Vancouver), but 3 shows in 4 days and no less than a giant dent in my savings, don't think i'd survive.

but youd experience 3 Magical Shows with the E Street Band and Broooooooooooooooooooce......

enjoy !

you really outta try and catch a NJ or Philly Show .
    platessmall.jpg
  • I know this is a long shot, but if anyone has any extra tickets for Seattle I am definitely interested.
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    but youd experience 3 Magical Shows with the E Street Band and Broooooooooooooooooooce.......
    believe me, its awful tempting, especially since the Foo Fighters are playing in Vancouver on the off day of that 4 day span.

Bruce...Bruce...Foo Fighters....Bruce.