U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    looks like the same standard set from the last leg. although i do like the arc of Devils Arcade to Badlands and i really enjoy Girls In Their Summer Clothes in the encore slot i wish he'd mix up the set a little more. i could do w/out American Land, Working On The Highway and Lonesome Day... Lonesome Day just does not cut it for me in the number 3 slot. seems like after shitkickers like Radio Nowhere and Night that Lonesome Day is sort of a lull. that's me though.

where's The Price You Pay????
  • Stan from BTX:

The second and final day of rehearsals by Bruce and the E Street Band at Asbury Park's Convention Hall was a good one.
    For those worried about Bruce having a stale setlist, today should get you excited that he'll play some things we haven't heard in awhile.
    Bruce had the band rehearse several "rare" songs. It was also a great day for autographs as Bruce again stopped for a second straight day to sign.
    The band started playing at 9:35 a.m. Again my thanks to Jeremy for filling me in on the songs played before I got there.

1. Loose Ends (played it twice).
    2. Radio Nowhere
    3. Loose Ends (again). Patti did some of the lead vocals with Bruce.
    4. Lonesome Day
    5. So Young and In Love.
    At one point during the song Bruce stopped to say "Welcome to this beautiful city. Are you ready for some sexual healing?"
    They played this a couple of times.
    6. Rendezvous
    Sounded great They worked on the end of it a coujple of times.
    7. Take 'Em As They Come.
    Really glad to hear this one again. I enjoyed this when Bruce played it on The Reunion Tour.
    They again worked on the ending of the song a couple of times.
    8. Tunnel of Love
    Sounded real good. Patti worked on her part a few times.

That was it for the music for the day. They were done by 11 a.m.

Garry Tallent was the first to leave and he stopped to sign autographs. Also signing and posing for pictures today was Little Steven, Clarence Clemons, Max Weinberg and Soozie Tyrell. They signed for anyone who aasked. There were about 30-40 fans around.
    Bruce left at 12:15 p.m. and he stopped to sign just as he was pulling out from the side entrance of Covention Hall before he headed down the ramp behind the Paramount.
    He signed a few autographs, moved forwad a little bit more, signed a few more and then left. He probably signed about a dozen things.
    Not everyone got an autograph but it was nice to see Bruce stop for the second day in a row and sign.
    Charles Giordano was there again. Danny Federici was not there.
    The trucks were all set to take the equipment out and now Bruce and the band head to Hartford for Thursday's show and begin their world tour.
    Once again, I want to give a shout-out to Bruce's security and the security at Convention Hall. They are the best at what they do and they treat the fans with the utmost respect.
    Thank you to Jerry Fox Sr., Gil, Gary, Jerry Fox Jr.,Rex, Brian and the rest of the crew.
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    awesome !

I hadnt seen that at all yet- even with all the buzz on Backstreets.

thanks for sharing that -

2 weeks from today Bruce & ESB bring their Magic to Nassau Coliseum .

cant wait,....

today at rehearsals ( the first for this upcoming leg : ) in Asbury Park :

DSC00404.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

from Stan The Man :
    Bruce and the band got back together at Asbury Park's Convention Hall this morning for a rehearsal before the start of Thursday's world tour.
    The band went through what was a basic setlist from the Fall shows.
    Charles Giordano was there, Danny Federici was not.
    Bruce even stopped to sign autographs as he left for the dozen fans there.

My thanks to Jeremy, Anne and Tom for filling me in on the songs Bruce played before I arrived.

The music started at 10:15 a.m. and unlike last September, there was no radio playing loudly so we were able to hear the band play.

Today's setlist:
    1. Radio Nowhere
    2. Night
    3. Lonesome Day
    4. Gypsy Biker
    5. Magic
    6. Reason To Believe
    7. Candy's Room
    8. She's The One
    9. Livin' In The Future
    10. Promised Land
    11. Tunnel of Love
    12. Workin' On the Highway
    13. Devil's Arcade
    14. The Rising
    15. Last To Die
    16. Long Walk Home
    17. Badlands

The music stopped for about 10 minutes before they resumed with:
    18. Girls In Their Summer Clothes
    19. American Land.
    20. Waiting On A Sunny Day

They finished play at 12:10 p. m.

Patti Scialfa was there today.
    The music was very fluid until the encores, with one song played right after the other, just as it was a concert.

Only about a dozen fans around, most of them veterans of previous Asbury Park rehearsals.
    Bruce left at 2:35 p.m. and waved to the fans before he drove down the ramp.
    Two fans were waiting at the bottom of the ramp and Bruce stopped to sign for them and then signed for the dozen other fans who had been waiting at the top of the ramp and walked down.
    He personalized every autograph.
    Not too many fans looking for autographs today from band members.
    Max Weinberg stopped to sign a few as did Charles Giordano.

I'm SOOO excited for them, but no Born To Run...

God Damn I'm pumped.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    i hope he mixes up the set list around more than the last leg. i mean, watever he does will be fine, but i like to not know what songs are gunna be played before going to a show. its bruce tho, so it will be amazing. i cant fucking wait for july!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    i hope he mixes up the set list around more than the last leg. i mean, watever he does will be fine, but i like to not know what songs are gunna be played before going to a show. its bruce tho, so it will be amazing. i cant fucking wait for july!

me too !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Loose Ends!!!
    Rendevouz!!!
    So Young And In Love???!!!!

still no Philly show. i'm still pissed.
  • So, The Arcade Fire showed up in Ottawa. They're not doin anything during the Montreal date (their hometown) (no pun intended)... What do you think the odds are of them showing up this weekend?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    So, The Arcade Fire showed up in Ottawa. They're not doin anything during the Montreal date (their hometown) (no pun intended)... What do you think the odds are of them showing up this weekend?
    i'd say a 70% chance. i remember the last time Bruce went through Chicago i thought for sure Ed would be there... no dice.
  • i'd say a 70% chance. i remember the last time Bruce went through Chicago i thought for sure Ed would be there... no dice.
    I can see it happening, and I can see it not happening. It SEEMS like a no brainer though.

If it does, it will be the best night of my life.
    i'd say that this probably isnt going to happen ( not to bring any negativity to the idea but i would doubt it )

it rarely if ever happens to begin with,
    and it has happened at the most recent show in that area ,
    so i would gues it wouldnt happen again.

situations like these seem to come only when you'd least expect it, and never when you really really want it to,...

Youll still enjoy the show, i am sure.

Hartford Dropping Now at Ticketbastard
    platessmall.jpg
  • A friend over at BTX offered to buy me a pair of tickets to the show in Manchester, UK back in December because at the time i didn't have the money. He got me the tickets so i was super happy!

I emailed him back at the end of January when i got paid but he never replied. I've also sent him a couple of PMs but still got no reply, so i'm a bit concerned!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

A friend over at BTX offered to buy me a pair of tickets to the show in Manchester, UK back in December because at the time i didn't have the money. He got me the tickets so i was super happy!

I emailed him back at the end of January when i got paid but he never replied. I've also sent him a couple of PMs but still got no reply, so i'm a bit concerned!

that sucks !

Can you call him ?

Keep PMing them every day !
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    that sucks !

Can you call him ?

Keep PMing them every day !

He lives somewhere in either Greece or Spain so can't really call him. I know it's a couple of months until the show but i hate not knowing what's going on.

I just hope he's ok!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

check out Automatic 7's cover of "Atlantic City" over at http://www.backstreets.com fairly decent... i prefer Ed's version of course.
    check out Automatic 7's cover of "Atlantic City" over at http://www.backstreets.com fairly decent... i prefer Ed's version of course.

nothing was as shocked as I was

when i walked into the pearl jam show in holmdel , new jersey in 2003,

Sleater Kinney still
    onstage for their set,

blasting out a hardcore " Thunder Road "

:eek: :eek:
    platessmall.jpg
    I couldnt stand the fact that i didnt possess any tickets for Nassau Coliseum.

So I broke down, I figured I will not get caught with any extras, ( at least I can regain face value ) in the case that there is indeed a drop for better seats.

im in the 6th row in 224

BRUCEESBNASSAU.gif
    platessmall.jpg
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Sleater Kinney still
    onstage for their set,

No way. I would have loved to had a chance to see S-K, let alone see S-K play Thunder Road!
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I didn't check previous pages yet, so if its already mentioned, sorry, but there are currently floor tickets available for Rochester March 6th, and I just scored one.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    There's an interview with Bruce in today's USA Today.

Haven't checked to see if it's on their website, but here it is:

http://www.usatoday.com
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 677
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Sleater Kinney still
    onstage for their set,

I thought it was Promise Land?
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
    Jenfarr wrote:
    I thought it was Promise Land?

They did Promised Land together at the Philly Show at Wachovia Center in 2005.

This was at the American Tour Finale in Holmdel , NJ, in 2003.

Ed didnt partake in this version of Thunder Road , it was only SK .
    platessmall.jpg
    JaneNY wrote:
    I didn't check previous pages yet, so if its already mentioned, sorry, but there are currently floor tickets available for Rochester March 6th, and I just scored one.

Rochester GAs still sporatically popping up ,.....
    platessmall.jpg
  • I'm dying for a Seattle drop. I managed to pull 2nd row center on ticketmaster for the swell season show in portland off ticketmaster yesterday so I feel I have some luck on my side.
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    They did Promised Land together at the Philly Show at Wachovia Center in 2005.

This was at the American Tour Finale in Holmdel , NJ, in 2003.

Ed didnt partake in this version of Thunder Road , it was only SK .

I just checked a couple of SK sites and it was Promised Land not Thunder Road at the July 14, 2003 show. I'm not a big SK fan and usually don't make an effort to go see their sets, but I happen to see them at the NJ show. I was at the 2005 Philly show too but didn't make it in for SK.

http://tk-jk.net/S-K/blog/general/SetLists.html
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Anyone else remember the article from around the time Magic was released talking about another ESB album coming out in the spring?

I was really hoping that would be the case.
    Anyone else remember the article from around the time Magic was released talking about another ESB album coming out in the spring?

I was really hoping that would be the case.
    won't happen before the Darkness set that's coming out sometime before Christmas.
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Sleater Kinney still
    onstage for their set,

well what did you think myman?
    Jenfarr wrote:
    I just checked a couple of SK sites and it was Promised Land not Thunder Road at the July 14, 2003 show. I'm not a big SK fan and usually don't make an effort to go see their sets, but I happen to see them at the NJ show. I was at the 2005 Philly show too but didn't make it in for SK.

http://tk-jk.net/S-K/blog/general/SetLists.html

haha

well, with all due respect

i was there

and perhaps it was an improv , an add in / improvistaion,

but i know the difference,....
    ......and i heard thunder road that day.

we were in the 8th row on stones side,...
    eds quickly thrown together growin' up was pretty awesome also- i liked how he talked about bruce selling out the place ( what looked like a big gigantic ufo ) for 100 nights in a row ,......( remarking on bruces coinciding tour underway over at the meadowlands,.... selling out multiple nights )
    platessmall.jpg
    well what did you think myman?

i couldnt believe my ears

hearing this familiar song in a newly structured, raw sounding rocking version .

i was blown away to say the least because it was so unexpected.,

*timing*
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    haha

well, with all due respect

i was there

and perhaps it was an improv , an add in / improvistaion,

but i know the difference,....
    ......and i heard thunder road that day.

we were in the 8th row on stones side,...
    eds quickly thrown together growin' up was pretty awesome also- i liked how he talked about bruce selling out the place ( what looked like a big gigantic ufo ) for 100 nights in a row ,......( remarking on bruces coinciding tour underway over at the meadowlands,.... selling out multiple nights )

I was there too and I heard SK play Promised Land and the SK sites confirmed it for me. :)

The whole show was pretty cool...