U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• ii44 wrote:
    Got tix for Portland, I'm tempted to swing up to Seattle the next day but the only tickets left are behind the stage way up in the second level AND they are $95 before fees and taxes.

ahh yeah that's a bit steep! Is Portland going to be your first show? Man oh man i'm so frickin' excited! It's not until May but at least i know i'm going now!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    ii44 wrote:
    Got tix for Portland, I'm tempted to swing up to Seattle the next day but the only tickets left are behind the stage way up in the second level AND they are $95 before fees and taxes.

i have had rearstage ( lower lodge or mezzanine )for this tour and suprisingly it was still awesome, just a different vantage point, and of course depending on the venue / acoustics, you should be okay.

Its also nice when you do go to back to back nights , that you can be pretty sure that youll get a differtent setlist each night . Sure , youll get the same 12-13 maybe 14 songs, but those 6 or 7 others really can differ .

enjoy the show(s) .

so far theyve only announced 3 Giants Stadium / Meadowlands shows- but we can all be sure they'll be adding a bunch more.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    BRUCE ON 1968 WITH TOM BROKAW TONIGHT

news1968.jpg
    On October 22, backstage at the United Center in Chicago, Springsteen talked with Tom Brokaw for a History Channel special. (During that night's show, Bruce dedicated "Devil's Arcade" to the veteran newsman.)

Tonight, footage from that interview debuts in 1968 with Tom Brokaw. "Explore the significance of that turbulent year and the way it continues to affect the American landscape. Tom Brokaw offers his perspective on the era and shares the rich personal odysseys of some of the people who lived through that chaotic time, along with the stories of younger people now experiencing its aftershocks." Springsteen himself was of draft age in '68, turning 19 that September, and playing with his bands The Castiles and Earth.

The two-hour program premieres tonight at 9:00 p.m. Eastern, repeating at 1:00 a.m., and again on Wednesday at 9 p.m., Thursday at 1 a.m., and Saturday, 12/15 at 6 p.m.
    -December 9, 2007
    On October 22, backstage at the United Center in Chicago, Springsteen talked with Tom Brokaw for a History Channel special. (During that night's show, Bruce dedicated "Devil's Arcade" to the veteran newsman.)

Tonight, footage from that interview debuts in 1968 with Tom Brokaw. "Explore the significance of that turbulent year and the way it continues to affect the American landscape. Tom Brokaw offers his perspective on the era and shares the rich personal odysseys of some of the people who lived through that chaotic time, along with the stories of younger people now experiencing its aftershocks." Springsteen himself was of draft age in '68, turning 19 that September, and playing with his bands The Castiles and Earth.

The two-hour program premieres tonight at 9:00 p.m. Eastern, repeating at 1:00 a.m., and again on Wednesday at 9 p.m., Thursday at 1 a.m., and Saturday, 12/15 at 6 p.m.
    -December 9, 2007
    platessmall.jpg
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    i have had rearstage ( lower lodge or mezzanine )for this tour and suprisingly it was still awesome, just a different vantage point, and of course depending on the venue / acoustics, you should be okay.

Its also nice when you do go to back to back nights , that you can be pretty sure that youll get a differtent setlist each night . Sure , youll get the same 12-13 maybe 14 songs, but those 6 or 7 others really can differ .

enjoy the show(s) .

so far theyve only announced 3 Giants Stadium / Meadowlands shows- but we can all be sure they'll be adding a bunch more.

Yeah but the person I'm going to Portland with doesn't want to pay $115 to sit behind the stage. If it was the only way I could see him then, yes.

***UPDATE*** all that's left is scattered singles.
  • ii44ii44 Posts: 430
    ahh yeah that's a bit steep! Is Portland going to be your first show? Man oh man i'm so frickin' excited! It's not until May but at least i know i'm going now!

Second, I went to the Tacoma Dome back in '02, but the acoustics were really shitty and it was hard to make out the louder songs-- but the band sounds really good on the boot so it sure wasn't the fault of Bruce & Co... So I'm hoping for a better experience.
    ii44 wrote:
    Yeah but the person I'm going to Portland with doesn't want to pay $115 to sit behind the stage. If it was the only way I could see him then, yes.

***UPDATE*** all that's left is scattered singles.

trust me rearstage isnt bad at all.

Bruce, Stevie, Nils , even Gary, all play to the back , youll still love it, guaranteed.

enjoy !
    platessmall.jpg
  • We sat behind the stage in Chicago this year and I'd gladly do it again. We were like 3 rows back, it was fantastic.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
    December 10 / Stockholm, SWE / Globe Arena
    Notes: While everyone had a great show tonight, and Steve was very into it, clowning around even more than usual, there was no denying this was the Big Man's night. With "She's the One," the crowd began bowing "we're not worthy!"-style during Clarence's solo, and they kept it up for his turn in "Working on the Highway" and onward. By "Dancing in the Dark," Bruce and Steve were doing it too! "Dancing" also featured Clarence's son Christopher on acoustic, and during the band intros Bruce proclaimed Clarence "The Godfather of Swedish Soul!"

"The River" came out for the second show in a row -- as in Copenhagen, this was a tight, album-style version of the song, as opposed to the drawn-out version of tours previous. It's a spare rendition, too, with no electric guitar: Bruce on just harp and vocals, Steve on acoustic, and Nils on pedal steel. Oh -- and plus the vocal stylings of about 15,000 fans.

Yes, a tremendous Swedish audience as we've come to expect, with great energy -- everyone into the show, singing along in all the right places. And not in the wrong ones -- when Bruce went to shush the crowd as usual before "Reason to Believe," they went pin-drop silent before he even finished his request. And you better believe Bruce took notice, saying in the encore, "It's an incredible audience out there tonight," and granting an enormous banner's request of "Jungleland," dedicating it to the crowd. "Jungeland" was played in place of the setlisted "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town"... but a few songs later, Bruce decided to keep the show going after "American Land" for the first time, adding "Santa" to cap the show as a bonus track (the way it should be, we think), with a merry "God jul from the E Street Band!"
    -Concert photograph by Riku Olkkonen;
    banner photo by Lars Flugsrud

Setlist:
    Radio Nowhere
    No Surrender
    Lonesome Day
    Gypsy Biker
    Magic
    Reason to Believe
    Candy's Room
    She's the One
    Livin' in the Future
    The Promised Land
    I'll Work For Your Love
    The River
    Working on the Highway
    Devil's Arcade
    The Rising
    Last to Die
    Long Walk Home
    Badlands
    Girls in Their Summer Clothes
    Jungleland
    Born to Run
    Dancing in the Dark (with Christopher Clemons)
    American Land
    Santa Claus is Comin' to Town

i sure hope to god that " The River " debuts sometime soon back here in the states after bruce and esb get back home !
    platessmall.jpg
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Devil's Arcade is a damn good song and i'm glad to see that arc of

Devil's
    Rising
    Last To Die
    Long Walk Home
    Badlands has stayed intact throughout this tour.

that is all.
    BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
    AND THE E STREET BAND
    July 27, 28 & 31, 2008 at 7:30 PM
    Giants Stadium
    Ticket Prices: $95, $65

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band return to Giants Stadium this July for 3 amazing shows. Relive the magic of 2003!

Bruce Springsteen is the number one selling artist at the Meadowlands having sold out 66 concerts to date, including 51 with the E Street Band. In the summer of 2003, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band sold out an unprecedented 10 shows at Giants Stadium, setting a concert-industry record.

This announcement is the latest in a string of recent and upcoming milestones spawned by Springsteen's critically acclaimed new album 'Magic'. Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band's European tour leg, currently in progress, is completely sold out and has elicited rave reviews.

Tickets for this event go on sale Saturday, December 15 at 12 Noon. There is no Meadowlands All Access presale for this event.
    platessmall.jpg
  • I haven't managed to see him since I moved to the States (almost ten years) so I gonna go this tour for sure.
    In the land of the little kings
    Profit is the only thing
    And everywhere the little kings
    Are getting away with murder
    - Paul Kelly

www.troywass.com
    I haven't managed to see him since I moved to the States (almost ten years) so I gonna go this tour for sure.

giants stadium serves excellent in this inaugral capacity.

best of luck and enjoy.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    giants stadium serves excellent in this inaugral capacity.

best of luck and enjoy.

Cheers
    In the land of the little kings
    Profit is the only thing
    And everywhere the little kings
    Are getting away with murder
    - Paul Kelly

www.troywass.com
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Giants Stadium on sale tomorrow morning!
    :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Giants Stadium on sale tomorrow morning!
    :)

12 noon where i'm from.

;)

:D\

reminds me of the rising tour, where they started out with 3 shows, by the time it was all over wioth, there was 15 shows !

i'll be at all 15 if i can scorte tickets that easily.!

It was cool- out in the swamps of jersey in 2003, they built a boardwalk and amusement area in the parking lots,...- we spent a good few hours out there before heading in to the bitg show (s). With all the new stadium construction as well as Xanadu, it will be tough for them to build pretty much anything ouyt there right now,...

see everyone there !
    platessmall.jpg
  • redladyredlady Posts: 602
    Well i saw him last wednesday here in antwerp ( Belgium)...i only have one word for it WWOOOOWWWWWW...he was great...great location great seats and the best vieuw you can have....;)
    Pukkelpop '95 Neil Young with Pearl Jam without EV
    Antwerp 30-08-2006
    Berlin 23-09-2006
    Rock Werchter 29-06-2007
    Nijmegen 27-06-2010
    Rock Werchter 04-07-2010
    Giants Stadium Seating Charts- General Admission & Reserved Seats

Seating Chart

ADDITIONAL BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN INFORMATION

-Later this month, the iTunes Store will offer an exclusive bundle of "Girls In Their Summer Clothes," the latest single from 'Magic.' It will feature the new video for the song, directed by Mark Pellington; a new "Winter Mix" of the song; and a recent audio concert performance.

-Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band's European tour leg, currently in progress, is completely sold out and has elicited rave reviews. Telegraaf (The Netherlands) called a show the "rock concert of the year" while The Parool (The Netherlands) raved, "Springsteen burned down the house in Arnhem." Meanwhile, NRK TV (Norway) proclaimed a "Springsteen victory."

-Bruce Springsteen's twenty-third album 'Magic' has been certified platinum by the RIAA in the United States. It was released October 2 on Columbia Records and debuted at number one on Billboard's Top 200 Albums chart. 'Magic' is also double Platinum in Norway; Platinum in Canada, Ireland, Italy, Holland and Sweden; and Gold in Australia, Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Germany, New Zealand, Spain, Switzerland and the U.K.

all information is subject to change
    platessmall.jpg
    TICKETS FOR THIS EVENT GO ON SALE SATURDAY, DECEMBER 15 AT NOON

Tickets will be sold through Ticketmaster
    - online at ticketmaster.com
    - Ticketmaster ticket centers - random number distribution procedures will be in effect
    - Ticketmaster charge-by-phone: 201-507-8900, 212-307-7171, 609-520-8383, 631-888-9000, 845-454-3388 and 866-448-7849 (Ticketmaster Express).

Tickets will not be sold at Giants Stadium or the IZOD Center box office on Dec. 15. If tickets remain, they will be sold at the IZOD Center box office beginning Monday, Dec. 17 at 11 AM.

Facility fee will apply. Ticketmaster orders subject to service charge and handling fee. All dates and ticket prices subject to change without notice.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q. What is the ticket limit?
    A. Ticket limit is 8 per show with a maximum of 4 GA tickets per show.

Q. What is the seating on the field?
    A. The field will have both a General Admission (GA) section and Reserved Seating.

Q. Where is the seating chart?
    A. The seating chart for this event has been posted on this page and on ticketmaster.com. Please note that the 2 small section behind the GA section on the field are section 2A (next to section 2) and section 3A (next to section 3). Both these sections are reserved seating.

So that there is no confusion, this is not the same seating chart that was used for the 2003 shows at Giants Stadium. The sections on the field are numbered differently.

Q. Where is my seat located within a section?
    A. The best way to explain it is "Higher numbered seat is closer to higher numbered section." So, if you have seat 1 in section 111, you are on the aisle next to section 110 and seats 2, 3, 4, etc. will be going towards section 112. If you have seat 1 in section 222, you are on the aisle next to section 221 and seats 2, 3, 4, etc. will be going towards section 223. For field seating, same rule applies.

Q. Where is the stage located?
    A. The stage is in the west endzone (section 101 end.)

ADDITIONAL BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN INFORMATION

-Later this month, the iTunes Store will offer an exclusive bundle of "Girls In Their Summer Clothes," the latest single from 'Magic.' It will feature the new video for the song, directed by Mark Pellington; a new "Winter Mix" of the song; and a recent audio concert performance.

-Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band's European tour leg, currently in progress, is completely sold out and has elicited rave reviews. Telegraaf (The Netherlands) called a show the "rock concert of the year" while The Parool (The Netherlands) raved, "Springsteen burned down the house in Arnhem." Meanwhile, NRK TV (Norway) proclaimed a "Springsteen victory."

-Bruce Springsteen's twenty-third album 'Magic' has been certified platinum by the RIAA in the United States. It was released October 2 on Columbia Records and debuted at number one on Billboard's Top 200 Albums chart. 'Magic' is also double Platinum in Norway; Platinum in Canada, Ireland, Italy, Holland and Sweden; and Gold in Australia, Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Germany, New Zealand, Spain, Switzerland and the U.K.

all information is subject to change
    platessmall.jpg
    sec. 8, row 22 for 7/31/08. looks like pretty good seats.
    did anyone else get tickets?
    sec. 8, row 22 for 7/31/08. looks like pretty good seats.
    did anyone else get tickets?

i got 2 of these 3 that i wanted to attend. ( sun and thurs )

i tried unsuccessfully for ther pit,
    so i settled for sec 132 , and 131 .

keep in mind there will be plenty more shows announced sooner or later .

already 12:55, and there were no 95 dollar seats avail for these shows,

theyll go quickly eventually.

seemed to be tough to gettem
    TM was a clusterfuck and my out of area TM phone #s werent working,...
    so i feel lucky to have gotten what i did .
    platessmall.jpg
    i'm assuming the shows will be longer than this leg because it says that it begins at 7:30, which prob really means closer to 8 but still...he should be able to play for close to three hours, no?
    October22 wrote:
    Giants Stadium is huge.

I fucking hate Ticketmaster.

TM seating chart showing just a tad over half the stadium being utilized for these shows .
    platessmall.jpg
    interesting that for the stadium shows doesnt appear to be any rear stage tickets as was the case with the indoor arena setups.

some of the best shows i have seen came from those rear stage perspective seats, seeing the sea of people out there , just like Bruce & the band views.
    platessmall.jpg
    really? i couldnt picture a show being good from behind. i guess it would be cool to view things for the band's perspective, but i dont think id enjoy looking at the back of max's head all night.
    its alot more then maxs head.
    ( youd have an even more difficult time if you attempted watching his hands ! ) :eek:

now with the addition of Soozie , theyve built her a platform stand , behind / near The Professor who himself is surrounded 3/4 of the way by organs and or pianos ,...( keys everywhere)

Stevie , The Big Man , Gary and of course Bruce regularly come to the back and play to the rear-enders.

all i was saying is believe me it could be alot worse ( such as any of 314- 329 at the Big House )
    platessmall.jpg
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    In Detroit Bruce spent a fair bit of time playing and facing the people behind the stage, I thought that they were pretty lucky and woulda stood there and would have been happy. I'd take the rear for Bruce over half way around forsure, those fans got a lot of attention.

Looking forward to The Copps in March and running to the rail, ohhh the excitementof the run!!!!
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    Got my ticket for the Omaha show this morning! It's section 125, row 17, right next to the stage. I wanted a floor seat, but a seat seat was the first thing that came up and I didn't want to throw it back.

Hell, I'll be standing up the whole time anyway (and at least there'll be a place for me to set my drink :)
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
    Springsteen played here a year ago with the Sessions Band, but this is the E Street Band's first show in Belfast. A strangely static setlist for this late in the leg, with just one change from the previous show in Cologne: "No Surrender" was in for "The Ties That Bind." But a looser Bruce -- much as he connected with crowds around the continent and made an always-appreciated effort to speak the local language, you could feel him relax a bit here to be back in English-speaking territory. And a little amusement ride surely didn't hurt his mood, either. "I like the new Ferris wheel!" he said before "Magic," referring to the Belfast Wheel at City Hall, just opened in October. "A town with a Ferris wheel -- that's a good thing."

Before a lovely "The River," Springsteen mentioned that his brother-in-law was in the crowd, the "inspiration" for the song (along with Bruce's sister, of course). And just in case anyone needed the dots connected between "The River" and "I'll Work for Your Love," a wedding party was also in the house, apparently having come straight from the nuptials. When Bruce called out "Are there any lovers here tonight?" as usual, he was quickly directed to them -- the bride still in her gown, the groom still in his tuxedo. "Did you get married today?" Bruce asked, and dedicated the song to them. Performance high points were the "Reason to Believe"/"Because the Night"/"She's the One" trifecta, "Kitty's Back," and "Santa Claus," which featured some impressive headgear. Someone threw onstage a red felt cowboy hat with white fur trim and a white band that read "Merry Christmas." And once again, Bruce managed to make it look good.

Setlist:
    Radio Nowhere
    No Surrender
    Lonesome Day
    Gypsy Biker
    Magic
    Reason to Believe
    Because the Night
    She's the One
    Livin' in the Future
    The Promised Land
    Waitin' on a Sunny Day
    The River
    I'll Work for Your Love
    Devil's Arcade
    The Rising
    Last to Die
    Long Walk Home
    Badlands
    Girls in Their Summer Clothes
    Kitty's Back
    Born to Run
    Dancing in the Dark
    American Land
    Santa Claus is Comin' to Town
    platessmall.jpg
  • Man, reading these reviews of the Euro shows makes me so frickin' excited for next May when i see him for the first time ever at Old Trafford in Manchester!

I've been watching "Live in Barcelona" DVD the last few days, and the crowd still blows me away. Even PJ crowds aren't as ecstatic as Springsteen fans. They're frickin' nuts on every single song!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

I've been watching "Live in Barcelona" DVD the last few days, and the crowd still blows me away. Even PJ crowds aren't as ecstatic as Springsteen fans. They're frickin' nuts on every single song!

i think this is a phenomenon consisting of European Shows.

They always seem to go a little bit crazier then even back here in the States.

Whenever I watch that Barcelona DVD, im jealous that i wasnt there, living that experience to the fullest potential.

kudos to our European neioghbors.!
    platessmall.jpg