Options

Neil and Tim Finn

Comments

• Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    I would be very tempted to go to Seattle. You know why. "When you come" Man this kicks so much ass
    it's worth it. first time i saw neil was at the showbox, and ed showed up! :)

i am grinning SO big here!!! i love this
  • Options
    binaural head! :D
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    i can't believe they played Better Be Home Soon :D
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    Awww, Neil is such a romantic, dedicating songs to his wife, Sharon. *sighs* she is one very lucky woman. :D

DAMN u Neil for writing and dedicating songs to your wife!! I can't tolerate it anymore haha :p

Hey did I miss anything else, I just tuned in for Black and White boy.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    Man, what album is "she called up on" that shit has been stuck in my head since I heard it.
  • Options
    Nails in My Feet....ahhhhhhhhh!

*faints*

prrrrreeeeetttttyyyyyy!!!!!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    Locked Out

:D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    I wish I could get a ripped copy of this for the ol' ipod.
  • Options
    Man, what album is "she called up on" that shit has been stuck in my head since I heard it.

geee, i don't know. Probably B knows :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    ooo B YOUR song :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
  • Options
    that was beautiful!

i can't wait 2 see them when they tour :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    ooo B YOUR song :)
    they played it! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! and better be home soon...wow!

and yes, sharon is a lucky woman, i love how he always gives her shout-outs....damn romantic sweetie he is :p haha

fragile i'm not sure what song that was, 'she called up' - maybe one off the new album? and i was able to finagle a way to record off the webcast, so i'll see how the MP3s sound....wasn't able to get all the songs, but most of 'em anyway. once i get it all sorted i'll post a link for download here :)
  • Options
    You are the man, or woman, whatever applies.

Can't wait for the new CD, that was great

they played it! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! and better be home soon...wow!

and yes, sharon is a lucky woman, i love how he always gives her shout-outs....damn romantic sweetie he is :p haha

fragile i'm not sure what song that was, 'she called up' - maybe one off the new album? and i was able to finagle a way to record off the webcast, so i'll see how the MP3s sound....wasn't able to get all the songs, but most of 'em anyway. once i get it all sorted i'll post a link for download here :)
  • Options
    B, u ROCK chica :D YEA!!!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    You are the man, or woman, whatever applies.

Can't wait for the new CD, that was great
    haha it's woman, and no prob! i just wish i had gotten home early enough to catch the first few songs, i got the tail end of 'english garden' and it sounded beautiful. hopefully they'll archive the webcast so everybody can see, and maybe they'll have downloads of the tunes....i hope so! i figured my amateur recordings will hold me over till the new album comes out :)
  • Options
    actually i'll PM it to you guys, out of respect for neil and the guys, just in case they end up releasing the MP3s or something. but for now i gotta go back out in the sun! :)
  • Options
    actually i'll PM it to you guys, out of respect for neil and the guys, just in case they end up releasing the MP3s or something. but for now i gotta go back out in the sun! :)

thanks girl for that. I am currently listening to it...OMG! SO pretty!!! I DO hope they release this officially. it is really beautiful! I was going to PM u, but yeah my inbox/outbox is full and I am TOO lazy to clean it :p

i'll send you the Back On the Bus by the end of this week. :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    thanks girl for that. I am currently listening to it...OMG! SO pretty!!! I DO hope they release this officially. it is really beautiful! I was going to PM u, but yeah my inbox/outbox is full and I am TOO lazy to clean it :p

i'll send you the Back On the Bus by the end of this week. :)
    you're welcome! yeah i hope they have an official download or at least archive the webcast so people can check it out. i love how it was broadcast binaurally...no wonder it sounded so good!

and no rush on the cd, i know you're busy :)
  • Options
    it was really THAT good! I love it that Neil messed up Don't Dream Its Over :p a lot of people on the Crowded House message board complained that they missed it.

have u join the Crowded House ms board B?
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    it was really THAT good! I love it that Neil messed up Don't Dream Its Over :p a lot of people on the Crowded House message board complained that they missed it.

have u join the Crowded House ms board B?
    haha yeah he screwed up royally on that one. almost as bad as ed with 'sometimes' at the SF show :p heehee

actually i haven't joined the CH board yet, have you? i'm signed up for updates but haven't done the board. i check the frenz forums for info
  • Options
    chiquimonkey- Thanks for the tunes. I have been doing serious groovin to "she called up"
  • Options
    chiquimonkey- Thanks for the tunes. I have been doing serious groovin to "she called up"
    you're welcome! 'love you till the day i die' was being blasted in my car on the way to work :cool:
  • Options
    you're welcome! 'love you till the day i die' was being blasted in my car on the way to work :cool:

u know, randomly, i just put that song on when i got home from work :D

and yes, neil's mess up does remind me of eddie's from sf :p lol

yah, i have joined the crowded house ms board, lots of cool people. u should join B. so far, it is me and this other chick who are BOTH PJ & neil fans and reside in Cali. there r a lot of UK, Aussies and kiwis on there :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    u know, randomly, i just put that song on when i got home from work :D

and yes, neil's mess up does remind me of eddie's from sf :p lol

yah, i have joined the crowded house ms board, lots of cool people. u should join B. so far, it is me and this other chick who are BOTH PJ & neil fans and reside in Cali. there r a lot of UK, Aussies and kiwis on there :D
    haha great minds, or great ears too!

i'll check the board out, thanks for the heads-up! i cruised by the frenz forum and saw that someone talked to neil last nite, and he confirmed an edited version of the webcast would be made available! i guess he wanted to edit out the bathroom break and/or the mess-ups :o heehee
  • Options
    I just picked up Neil's "sessions" dvd. How excited should I be?
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    This thread needs to be BUMPED up!! :D

at the San Francisco show last year, a guy next to me, was recording that show, I am wondering if that is out already. I was doing a lot of screaming, so i probably messed up his tape :o

You guys should really see the MTV Unplugged w/Crowded House and Tim Finn...they did a beautiful redition of "Throw Your Arms Around Me":)

the story goes that Mark Seymour (lead singer of Hunter&Collectors and brother of Nick bass guitarist for Crowdies) didn't think throw your arms around me was all that great of a song. So he gave it to Nick for the Crowdies to play which they did, and a good friend Jenny Morris (NZ singer also) told them to record it as it was a sure fire hit. Word got back to Mark who then decided he wanted his song back - and the rest is history!!! So if not for Neil, this song may neer have seen light of day
    2003 Bris 8 &9, Syd 11 &13, Melb 18, 19 &20
    2006 Vegas, San Diego, LA 9 & 10, San Francisco 15 &16, The Gorge 22 & 23, Syd 7 &8, Melb 13, 14 &16 Melb 20 2009, Buffalo Oct 12; Brooklyn Oct 18 & 19; Hartford Oct 25 2013
  • Options

you mean Sessions @ 54th? you WILL love it!!!! my friend, VEDHEAD27 & I cried w/what they opened on that dvd and David Byrne (yes. THAT David Byrne) also gives a GREAT introduction to Neil :D man, I SO need to own that! he did some Split Enz and Crowded House songs there too :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    you should be peeing on yourself. that's how excited :D

seriously, it's beautiful. and i love 'try whistling this' on it, even if neil goofs up one of the last lines. that's one of my fave dvds
  • Options
    for those in the LA area:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/998388/?search_redirect=crowded%20house&tm_link=tm_header_search

:eek:

goddamit. GODDAMMIT! if they announce anything else down there i may have no other choice but to go lol

*edit*

and holy shit look http://www.theglasshouse.us/v1/home.html you can take a tour of the venue, it's [size=-1]teeny[/size]. ACCCKKKK