Options

Neil and Tim Finn

Comments

• Options
    neil performances in support of the crowded house dvd, enjoy! :)

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/music/showcase/neil_finn.html

and could 'four seasons in one day' be any more gorgeous??
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    neil performances in support of the crowded house dvd, enjoy! :)

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/music/showcase/neil_finn.html

and could 'four seasons in one day' be any more gorgeous??

OMG! Just Neil and his acoustic guitar?! truly PURE beauty! Thanks B for posting that! I listened to all the songs and watched the interview. very awesome, especially on this v-day to hear Neil songs. *sighs* :o

oh did you all hear that Crowded House played a charity show alongside Garbage in LA. Crowded House was the 'special guest' on the show. :D very cool!!
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    OMG! Just Neil and his acoustic guitar?! truly PURE beauty! Thanks B for posting that! I listened to all the songs and watched the interview. very awesome, especially on this v-day to hear Neil songs. *sighs* :o

oh did you all hear that Crowded House played a charity show alongside Garbage in LA. Crowded House was the 'special guest' on the show. :D very cool!!
    oh i know, neil + lovey sap = perfection! :)

and say WHAT about the LA show?! dagnabit, i wish they'd do that up here....of course as long as we knew about it. i'd go mad if they played nearby and i had no clue :o lol
  • Options
    oh i know, neil + lovey sap = perfection! :)

and say WHAT about the LA show?! dagnabit, i wish they'd do that up here....of course as long as we knew about it. i'd go mad if they played nearby and i had no clue :o lol

yeah i know! apparently, they played a benefit show in glendale, ca. this was in the crowded house webpage:

feb 2, 2007-Last night Neil, Nick and Mark were surprise guests at a benefit for Wally Ingram at The Alex Theater (Glendale, CA.). Wally played drums on part of Crowded House's USA 1994 Tour after Paul had left the band. Crowded House are still looking for their drummer, so Wally played drums on 'Weather with You' and 'Don't dream it's over' at the benefit show.

seriously, they have to do a surprise gig in the bay area, BUT we have 2 know about it first! hehe ;)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    seriously, they have to do a surprise gig in the bay area, BUT we have 2 know about it first! hehe ;)
    exactly! neil can give us a ring beforehand so we can get ready to go :D
  • Options
    clip from the stowe benefit:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K7pilhIsBSA

enjoy! :)
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,445
    Both Finns will be playing on stage when Crowded House Plays Coachella!
    :)
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Both Finns will be playing on stage when Crowded House Plays Coachella!
    hold up, tim's gonna be there too?! :eek:

goddamn lol
  • Options
    hold up, tim's gonna be there too?! :eek:

goddamn lol

yep!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    yep!
    aww man! well i hope they get the tour dates figured out soon.....i'm dying to see CH, and to have tim in the mix too? awesome!
  • Options
    how do u know? i thought tim was touring behind his solo album.

it would be so cool if he did :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    aww man! well i hope they get the tour dates figured out soon.....i'm dying to see CH, and to have tim in the mix too? awesome!

I hate to say it, but they may be playing venues that don't allow MONKEYS!

I will keep you posted!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I hate to say it, but they may be playing venues that don't allow MONKEYS!

I will keep you posted!
    trick please, if they're playing anywhere near me, i'm in like flynn :D

yeah where did you hear about tim? i didn't see any mention of it on the CH site. sounds like a great combo though :)
  • Options
    trick please, if they're playing anywhere near me, i'm in like flynn :D

yeah where did you hear about tim? i didn't see any mention of it on the CH site. sounds like a great combo though :)

Crowded House announce special guest at Coachella
    Tim Finn will join his brother on stage
    21.Feb.07 12:42am
    Tim Finn will join Crowded House onstage for their reunion performance at the Coachella Festival on April 29.

Tim and his brother Neil Finn, lead singer of Crowded House, have worked together on and off for several years, collaborating in Split Enz and on their respective joint and solo projects.

The two brothers will reunite along with Crowded House original bassist Nick Seymore in Indio, California for one of the festival's headlining performances.

Tim Finn's solo album 'Imaginary Kingdom' is due out on April 24 in the US.

--By our Los Angeles staff.
    Find out more about NME.

Related itemsCrowded House NME page

News
    FINN BROTHERS SPEAK ABOUT HESTER
    FINN BROTHERS HEAD HOME FOR PAL'S FUNERAL

Reviews
    Afterglow

Submit this story to:
    Del.icio.us | Digg | Technorati | Blinklist | Furl | Reddit | Newsvine | NowPublic

Previous Article Next Article © IPC MEDIA 1996-2007, All rights reserved | Site User Terms | Privacy Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Buy Our Content

In The Magazine
  • Options
    oooo sweet! too bad that day is SOLD OUT!!!! :(
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    thanks for the article! oooh man i wish they'd announce a tour, aagggghhghgh
  • Options
    thanks for the article! oooh man i wish they'd announce a tour, aagggghhghgh

You are welcome......I am looking forward to Coachella this year more then ever!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    You are welcome......I am looking forward to Coachella this year more then ever!
    lucky you! you should have an awesome time for sure :)
  • Options
    lucky you! you should have an awesome time for sure :)

I am an old timer, and i remember buying the Split Enz lp with the laser etchings when I was 14!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I am an old timer, and i remember buying the Split Enz lp with the laser etchings when I was 14!
    very cool!

i was a fan of CH back in the day, had always regretted not seeing them live. even though paul is gone, it'll be neat to see the rest of them together.

...whenever they decide to announce something (not that i'm anxious for it or anything heehee)
  • Options
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    cool nadia! i love the song 'only talking sense' - that video is waaaay trippy! i feel like i should have a drink or somethin :o lol thanks for sharing those! :)
  • Options
    the crowded house farewell to the world dvd is awsome!
  • Options
    cool nadia! i love the song 'only talking sense' - that video is waaaay trippy! i feel like i should have a drink or somethin :o lol thanks for sharing those! :)

oh I know. When I first saw the tongue, I was like 'wtf?!" :confused:

ooo, I hope the Crowded House Coachella performance will be on soulseek :D for the LOVE of God, I HOPE someone will record it!!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    VH1-classic is running a Crowded House show tonight at 9pm and again at 12midnight.
    in case anyone has the channel and wants to see
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • Options
    Brainofdz wrote:
    VH1-classic is running a Crowded House show tonight at 9pm and again at 12midnight.

DAMN! I wish I still had cable! :( did it mention what show it was from?
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Brainofdz wrote:

Great news! I'll record it later, but it's on right now.
  • Options
    BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    DAMN! I wish I still had cable! :( did it mention what show it was from?

It was their farewell show, discussed earlier in the thread

I believe it was from the Sydney Opera House
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    oh I know. When I first saw the tongue, I was like 'wtf?!" :confused:

ooo, I hope the Crowded House Coachella performance will be on soulseek :D for the LOVE of God, I HOPE someone will record it!!
    yeah the tongue thing had me all baffled haha

i do hope someone records the coachella gig, it seems there's been tapers at the past few performances so far so hopefully there will be one for that!
  • Options
    new drummer has been picked! here's the info from neil on the CH site:

"It's a go with Matt Sherrod for the drumming chair. A big thank you to all who put their hand up, and sorry we didn't get to play with everyone but time and geography were against us. Look out for more dates announced soon and we are about to do some serious rehearsing so we can be very good - Neil"

matt used to be in beck's band according to the site. i'm just happy cuz this means they're closer to announcing tour dates - weeee!