Options

Neil and Tim Finn

Comments

• Options
    25 bones! Thats a fab price for them. Hopefully they grace us PDXers (they are on our coast). Yeah, it is that sessions DVD. I'll give you guys the full report when I get it in the mailbox.

*Edit* They better not play on the 24th (Unless its in seattle), 25th (damien rice in seattle) or 26th (damien rice in portland). Thats prolly not likely though....
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    for those in the LA area:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/998388/?search_redirect=crowded%20house&tm_link=tm_header_search

:eek:

goddamit. GODDAMMIT! if they announce anything else down there i may have no other choice but to go lol

*edit*

and holy shit look http://www.theglasshouse.us/v1/home.html you can take a tour of the venue, it's [size=-1]teeny[/size]. ACCCKKKK

OMG! I can't believe they are playing Ponoma...lucky bastards!! :mad: haha. it seems that very band that does Coachella plays at a small venue the night before.

I really wish I could see them, oh well, have to wait until they announce an SF show :D
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    tarotvixen wrote:
    the story goes that Mark Seymour (lead singer of Hunter&Collectors and brother of Nick bass guitarist for Crowdies) didn't think throw your arms around me was all that great of a song. So he gave it to Nick for the Crowdies to play which they did, and a good friend Jenny Morris (NZ singer also) told them to record it as it was a sure fire hit. Word got back to Mark who then decided he wanted his song back - and the rest is history!!! So if not for Neil, this song may neer have seen light of day

i had no idea that is what happened tarotvixen. Thank u for telling us that. isn't it something...now everyone from Neil and eddie are covering the song so thank U Neil for bring this song back to life and thank u to Mark for writing such a beautiful song :o
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    tarotvixen wrote:
    the story goes that Mark Seymour (lead singer of Hunter&Collectors and brother of Nick bass guitarist for Crowdies) didn't think throw your arms around me was all that great of a song. So he gave it to Nick for the Crowdies to play which they did, and a good friend Jenny Morris (NZ singer also) told them to record it as it was a sure fire hit. Word got back to Mark who then decided he wanted his song back - and the rest is history!!! So if not for Neil, this song may neer have seen light of day
    wow interesting tidbit there, thanks for sharing it! i LOVE that song, especially when neil or ed cover it :)

and i hope they announce some dates in the bay area, portland and seattle would be cool too....i might be arsed to pay my friend in seattle a visit and we can go pay homage to 'em :) and that song 'heaven that i'm making' from the webcast has been in my head for the past couple of days. i love it
  • Options
    haha great minds, or great ears too!

i'll check the board out, thanks for the heads-up! i cruised by the frenz forum and saw that someone talked to neil last nite, and he confirmed an edited version of the webcast would be made available! i guess he wanted to edit out the bathroom break and/or the mess-ups :o heehee

oooo, that is TOO awesome B!! I love all this Neil talk, it just makes me giddy! :p

It is Friday night and my man is at work, so i'm bored, been on YouTube for the past 2 hours watching Neil stuff :D I found a video for Hole In the Ice. i didn't know he made a video of that and Sebastian and Lisa come out from the 7 World's Collide :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZDmT66DE0E

ENJOY! and have a GREAT weekend everyone! :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    oooo, that is TOO awesome B!! I love all this Neil talk, it just makes me giddy! :p

It is Friday night and my man is at work, so i'm bored, been on YouTube for the past 2 hours watching Neil stuff :D I found a video for Hole In the Ice. i didn't know he made a video of that and Sebastian and Lisa come out from the 7 World's Collide :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZDmT66DE0E

ENJOY! and have a GREAT weekend everyone! :)
    cool nadia, thanks for passing along that link! never saw this video either.

i feel ya on the giddiness...i've been binging on neil all week, i love it :D
  • Options
    cool nadia, thanks for passing along that link! never saw this video either.

i feel ya on the giddiness...i've been binging on neil all week, i love it :D

same here girl! and you are totally welcome! oh I also found a video for one of my NEW favorite song, "Rest of the Day Off" Sharon, neil's wife, comes out...awwww. I swear, this woman has got to be one of the luckiest women in the world to have virtually EVERY single song written about her :) *sighs* :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHkw93tShEE

and here is a video from their first ever performance in Bristol...it is nice that Neil told the audience to sing Better Be Home Soon for Paul. :)the audio and video aren't in sync though :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td1Og2jYBw0
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    same here girl! and you are totally welcome! oh I also found a video for one of my NEW favorite song, "Rest of the Day Off" Sharon, neil's wife, comes out...awwww. I swear, this woman has got to be one of the luckiest women in the world to have virtually EVERY single song written about her :) *sighs* :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHkw93tShEE

and here is a video from their first ever performance in Bristol...it is nice that Neil told the audience to sing Better Be Home Soon for Paul. :)the audio and video aren't in sync though :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td1Og2jYBw0
    ah that song is a beaut! and yes, sharon is SO damn lucky. to be married to such a romantic guy like neil....bitch :p hahaha just kidding

oh that bristol vid gives me chills....i adore that song anyway, and just having the crowd sing along for paul. dammit i'm gonna get sniffly! :o
  • Options
    Woohoo! Bring on the Finn goodness!

I got tickets to the Pomona show! I can't believe I'm actually seeing CH after all these years. Stick a fork in me I'm done!

thanks for all the great links. The singing for Paul made me totally weep like a freak. LOL

I hope they announce more shows soon. They're driving me crazy. lol
  • Options
    Russty Cat wrote:
    Woohoo! Bring on the Finn goodness!

I got tickets to the Pomona show! I can't believe I'm actually seeing CH after all these years. Stick a fork in me I'm done!

thanks for all the great links. The singing for Paul made me totally weep like a freak. LOL

I hope they announce more shows soon. They're driving me crazy. lol

OMG! that is GREAT Russty! Let us know how the show goes. :D At least one of us is attending the first show here in the States. WOHOHHOO!!

u are SO welcome ladies, I know that video made me go 'awwww' i almost cried when i first saw it.

i wonder when they are going to announce some more shows!! I SO want to know damnit!! grrr!!

i am on a Neil binge, constantly listening to One Nil and i think going to put in Try Whistling This :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    i absolutely LOVE this song :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    Crowded House was just announced to be on the Bumbershoot Line up! I bought tickets for the event last week, meaning I am officially seeing Crowded House!!!!

Yeahhhh!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    congrats!! :D that is going to be an exciting show!! :) did your Sessions @ 54th dvd arrived yet?
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    yes, it kicks copious amounts of ass!
  • Options
    pjhabitpjhabit Posts: 211
    Where can you find this 7 Worlds Collide DVD??? Ebay only has region 4 shite.
    Boise 11/3/00~Fargo 6/15/03~Winnipeg 9/8/05~St. Paul 6/26/06~6/27/06
  • Options
    gazgaz Posts: 233
    PJ Habit wrote:
    Where can you find this 7 Worlds Collide DVD??? Ebay only has region 4 shite.

I think I got my copy on Amazon,it's fuckin great by the way(and not just Eddie's parts!)
    23/8/06.
    18/6/07.
    22/6/10.
    23/6/10.
    20/6/12
    21/6/12
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    One of my favorite songs from Neil:

~Anytime~
    I see a dog upon the road
    Running hard to catch a cat
    My car is pulling to a halt
    The truck behind me doesn't know
    Everything is in the balance
    Of a moment I can't control
    And your sympathetic strings
    Are like the stirrings in my soul

I could go at anytime
    There's nothing safe about this life
    I could go at anytime

Find the meaning of the act
    Remember how it goes
    Every time you take the water
    And you swim against the flow
    The world is all around us
    The days are flying past
    And fear is so contagious

But I'm not afraid to laugh
    I could go at anytime
    I could go at anytime

Anytime (come without warning)
    Anytime (it could be so easy)
    A walk in the park (or maybe when I'm sleeping)
    Anytime (see the clouds come over)
    Rain or shine (I make you so unhappy)
    Lets make it right

I feel like I'm in love
    With a stranger I'll never know
    Although you're still a mystery
    I'm so glad I'm not alone

I could go at anytime
    Make it so easy to fly in the night
    I could go at anytime
    I could go at anytime

My fave as well. I haven't got into much of the Crowded House/Split Enz era yet.

Don't Dream It's Over has so much cheesiness, but when you hear in the context of his other music, you realize its just a classic song.
  • Options
    http://www.frenz.com/crowdedhouse/tourdates.html

SARATOGA BABY!! wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444

For how long will this Kiwi worship thread go on?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    For how long will this Kiwi worship thread go on?
    it'll end when there is no more finn love. in other words - nevah :D
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    it'll end when there is no more finn love. in other words - nevah :D

How great would it be if they made some Tim Finn toys....perhaps a
    DOLL-FINN

(this is what happens when I work til 11pm!)
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    How great would it be if they made some Tim Finn toys....perhaps a
    DOLL-FINN

(this is what happens when I work til 11pm!)
    oh my. you really need to go home :p hahaha
  • Options

Congrats on the show! Looks like they'll be on the west coast the week of my Birthday, c'mon guys, swing up to Portland on the 26th!
  • Options
    Congrats on the show! Looks like they'll be on the west coast the week of my Birthday, c'mon guys, swing up to Portland on the 26th!
    they're also listed on the bumbershoot page for seattle, so hopefully they add a portland show too! in which case, i'm so there :)
  • Options
    they're also listed on the bumbershoot page for seattle, so hopefully they add a portland show too! in which case, i'm so there :)

I know! I actually bought bumbershoot tickets before the line up was even announced. Still though, I would have to see them in PDX if they played a show.....
  • Options
    I know! I actually bought bumbershoot tickets before the line up was even announced. Still though, I would have to see them in PDX if they played a show.....
    i'm hoping i can score tix for the day they play, i have a friend up there i want to visit too while i'm at it :) and if they play portland, well, i'd just HAVE to go....no brainer, it's right there (sorta hahaha)
  • Options
    HOLY CRAP!!!! TWO shows in Saratoga?! :eek: i'm SO happy :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    oh yes, it is on like the veritable donkey kong :D
  • Options
    YEP! YEP! YEP!! :D

oh man, and also, Coachella is a couple of weeks away, I wonder if someone will be videotaping that performance w/Tim? :D

oooo, I found this on YouTube. I don't have 7 World's Collide dvd, so I don't know the track listing for it, and if it was including on it, but I thought I would share it w/the rest of you. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmslj-mIvhE
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    YEP! YEP! YEP!! :D

oh man, and also, Coachella is a couple of weeks away, I wonder if someone will be videotaping that performance w/Tim? :D

oooo, I found this on YouTube. I don't have 7 World's Collide dvd, so I don't know the track listing for it, and if it was including on it, but I thought I would share it w/the rest of you. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmslj-mIvhE
    oh i *hope* someone tapes the coachella performance, video, audio, anything!!

yep 'suffer never' is on the dvd....that's a spectacular version of it. i love that song, thanks for sharing it! :)

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i'm so excited!!!!