Options

Neil and Tim Finn

Comments

• Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    oh i *hope* someone tapes the coachella performance, video, audio, anything!!

yep 'suffer never' is on the dvd....that's a spectacular version of it. i love that song, thanks for sharing it! :)

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i'm so excited!!!!

Yeah I know B! That would be stellar if it popped up on YouTube or something :D

Damn, I thought I stumbled upon something that wasn't seen b/f. haha. I LOVE that song though...such FINN goodness!! :p I know there are outtakes of the shows but I don't know if it was mp3s or dvds of it. Do u B, or anyone else knows?
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    Yeah I know B! That would be stellar if it popped up on YouTube or something :D

Damn, I thought I stumbled upon something that wasn't seen b/f. haha. I LOVE that song though...such FINN goodness!! :p I know there are outtakes of the shows but I don't know if it was mp3s or dvds of it. Do u B, or anyone else knows?
    i'm sure the finn folks are as fanatic as us PJ people so i'm keeping faith something will pop up. there better be something....dammit! lol

you reminded me of that being on the dvd, it'd been a while sicne i'd seen it, i had to go check :o haha so thanks for the reminder, finn goodness indeed. mmm mmm mmm!

i know there was teh betterman and golden years MP3s floating about, didn't lydia post some links to 'em here before? i can't remember....it's been such a long week already lol
  • Options
    i'm sure the finn folks are as fanatic as us PJ people so i'm keeping faith something will pop up. there better be something....dammit! lol

you reminded me of that being on the dvd, it'd been a while sicne i'd seen it, i had to go check :o haha so thanks for the reminder, finn goodness indeed. mmm mmm mmm!

i know there was teh betterman and golden years MP3s floating about, didn't lydia post some links to 'em here before? i can't remember....it's been such a long week already lol

yeah I hear ya on the long week...I still have to do my bloody taxes :o i do blame my job for miscalculating my 1099 form...so guess who has to do the work? ME! I get back from maternity leave w/a HUGE mess of tax crap. :mad:
    Luckily, I have been listening to a lot of Finn/PJ stuff to calm me down :o and Crowded House playing in the Bay Area is AWESOME!! I sense a SF show on the horizon...I am just wondering why they didn't e-mail us about that?! they are such laggers! :p

yeah, Lydia did post up some links too, I have the ones she uploaded, and I know I shared "How Soon Is Now?" and "World Where You Live" :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    yeah I hear ya on the long week...I still have to do my bloody taxes :o i do blame my job for miscalculating my 1099 form...so guess who has to do the work? ME! I get back from maternity leave w/a HUGE mess of tax crap. :mad:
    Luckily, I have been listening to a lot of Finn/PJ stuff to calm me down :o and Crowded House playing in the Bay Area is AWESOME!! I sense a SF show on the horizon...I am just wondering why they didn't e-mail us about that?! they are such laggers! :p

yeah, Lydia did post up some links too, I have the ones she uploaded, and I know I shared "How Soon Is Now?" and "World Where You Live" :)
    aw man, sorry about the taxes, what a pain! that's messed up they dropped it all on you like that.

yep yesterday i was in dire need of some soothing finn tuneage, everything that could go wrong did, agh! helped me from boxing people in the head lol

i agree, i could totally see a SF show being added...i just wish they'd announce everything at once but i guess it's taking them time to find just the right venues and all. but yeah...pick up the pace kiwis!

those are the only outtakes from those shows that i'm aware of, i wonder if there are more floating about? i'll have to hunt around sometime :)
  • Options
    that sucks B. Damn people! you know girl, I feel the same way about work. gah!!

Here is something to put a smile to everyone's faces....our favorite red-headed talk show host (Conan :)) and one of our favorite songwriters (Neil) on his show!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpGnGopDDgM

can u tell I have no life?! hahahaha :p
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    that sucks B. Damn people! you know girl, I feel the same way about work. gah!!

Here is something to put a smile to everyone's faces....our favorite red-headed talk show host (Conan :)) and one of our favorite songwriters (Neil) on his show!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpGnGopDDgM

can u tell I have no life?! hahahaha :p
    oh wow....2 of my fave people! thanks for that! oh man...just knowing neil will be in town, grinning ear to ear here :D

and total off topic, did you know conan is coming to SF next month!? you can enter to win audience tix at his site! me my sis and some friends have already signed up hoping we can score 'em! :)
  • Options
    oh wow....2 of my fave people! thanks for that! oh man...just knowing neil will be in town, grinning ear to ear here :D

and total off topic, did you know conan is coming to SF next month!? you can enter to win audience tix at his site! me my sis and some friends have already signed up hoping we can score 'em! :)

oh you are SO very welcome!! :D i KNEW you would LOVE it!! :) Here is another video, which is pretty cool for the song, "Sinner" :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3IkPnedoQY

yeah I did hear Conan coming to SF. I want to try for tixs but my boyfriend's mom is coming for a visit that week. I know Lydia and Pati have already entered. :D I wish I could go, but family duties come first :) I will have to bring out the tv for that occasion :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    oh you are SO very welcome!! :D i KNEW you would LOVE it!! :) Here is another video, which is pretty cool for the song, "Sinner" :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3IkPnedoQY

yeah I did hear Conan coming to SF. I want to try for tixs but my boyfriend's mom is coming for a visit that week. I know Lydia and Pati have already entered. :D I wish I could go, but family duties come first :) I will have to bring out the tv for that occasion :D
    woohoo more goodness! thanks, i'm finishing up some laundry and this is the perfect soundtrack for it (well it'd be a perfect soundtrack for anything but you know what i mean haha)

coolness on your boyfriend's mom visiting! yeah if any of us manage to get on, keep your eyes peeled for sure! :D
  • Options
    http://blueroom.att.com/events/coachella.php

so hopefully they webcast crowded house's set! :)
  • Options
    OMG, i sure hope they do b thanxs 4 the link!! :) i'll be watching 4 sure :D

ooo, i found this article today

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003576402
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    As B previously posted the link, here is the schedule for the Coachella weekend:

http://attblueroom.com/events/coachellaschedule.php

Crowded House will be playing at 8:55 PM...so everyone, tune in and watch! :D oo, I hope what NME said about Tim joining them is true!!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    OMG B! there are tixs available for CH wed's show ($50) but damn $11.15 convenience charge :mad: too bad I don't have enough $ for those tixs...sometimes I wished I had my credit card! :/
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    OMG! I can't even put into words how good the show was last night in Pomona.

Liam opened for them. And I'm offically in love with his new cd. He was just amazing. He played to backing tracks and used looping pedals, so essentially he was a one man show. It was like a mix of performance art and music. It was really cool to watch. And at one point he almost had me in tears. He is very much the embodiment of Neil. The way he sings and moves is so very much Neil its just eerie. But he adds his own flavor to it. I would love to see him play again. I met him after the show and he is very humble and sweet. He has grown up to be a very cool guy.

After waiting for a decade to see a band I figured they wouldn't be able to live up to my imagination. I was so wrong! THey were just soooo good! They played a great mix of old stuff and new stuff. One of the highlights was someone threw up a paper airplane at one point. Nick picked it up and read it. He put it on one of the speakers and didn't say much. But later on the guy who had thrown the airplane yelled out, "Recurring Dream!" Neil started playing it and said jokingly, "You know this is just a tease, right?" Well before to long the rest of the band started in and Neil started singing. I was so done for then. And the place went nuts.

The other song that I was just dying to hear was Fall At Your Feet. When they played it, it was even more hauntingly beautiful in person. I cried. It was amazing to finally hear it live after all these years. The harmony of voices were so beautiful.

They played a few of their new songs. I'm offically in love with Silent House. I can't wait for the offical new album now.

After the show I hung out with some other fans and met the band. Neil was sweet and gracious as he is known to be. But Nick really was the highlight for me. I was standing near him as he was talking to some other fans, just sort of joking around. I was just listening soaking it all in. And before I knew it he put his arm around me and just sort of gave me this really nice hug. Normally I don't do pictures with people, but my friend jumped in and said really quickly, "Nick do you mind if I take a picture of you two?" He laughed and so no of course it was a great idea. He leaned into me and gave this big smile. He was just a really kind, funny guy. It was like meeting an old friend again. I've always enjoyed him as a musician, it was nice to know he really was a good guy as well.

All in all it was one of the best concerts I've been too. The banter between the band and the audience was wonderful. The crowd was great, singing and having a really fun time. It really was a special thing to see them in such a small venue. I'd see a show at the Glasshouse again in heartbeat. I still can't believe I got to see Crowded House from like five feet away! Its just so unreal.

022.jpg

027.jpg

014.jpg
  • Options
    russty that is KICKASS!! i already wrote you back to your email but just wanted to add more love here :) sounds like a beautiful evening!
  • Options
    OMG Rusty, that is TOO cool! I can't believe you met the guys and SHIT, I am STILL freakin out that you met them and you got fall at your feet! YEA!! I am SO happy for you girl. :D

I want to see MORE pics! hehe
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    Sonja_SSonja_S Vienna Posts: 444
    Congrats Rusty, sounds like a cool night. I'm glad you weren' disappointed! :)
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Options
    i'm addicted to the song 'don't stop now' today
  • Options
    cuz i'm in a big ol' neil mood :)

Four seasons in one day
    Lying in the depths of your imagination
    Worlds above and worlds below
    The sun shines on the black clouds
    Hanging over the domain
    Even when you're feeling warm
    The temperature could drop away
    Like four seasons in one day

Smiling as the shit comes down
    You can tell a man from what he has to say
    Everything gets turned around
    And I will risk my neck again
    Again

You can take me where you will
    Up the creek and through the mill
    Like all the things you can't explain
    Four seasons in one day

Blood dries up
    Like rain, like rain
    Fills my cup

It doesn't pay to make predictions
    Sleeping on an unmade bed
    Finding out wherever there is comfort
    There is pain
    Only one step away
  • Options
    all of a sudden i got Catherine Wheel stuck in my head :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    jeaubongjeaubong Posts: 132
    "\O/"
    ` | '
    _/ \_
  • Options
    jeaubong wrote:
    ahhhhhh. i love that collaboration...they sound so good together
  • Options
    shell bellshell bell Posts: 337
    my favorite Crowded House song .........

cuz i'm in a big ol' neil mood :)

Four seasons in one day
    Lying in the depths of your imagination
    Worlds above and worlds below
    The sun shines on the black clouds
    Hanging over the domain
    Even when you're feeling warm
    The temperature could drop away

Smiling as the shit comes down
    You can tell a man from what he has to say
    Everything gets turned around
    And I will risk my neck again
    Again

You can take me where you will
    Up the creek and through the mill
    Like all the things you can't explain
    Four seasons in one day

Blood dries up
    Like rain, like rain
    Fills my cup

It doesn't pay to make predictions
    Sleeping on an unmade bed
    Finding out wherever there is comfort
    There is pain
    Only one step away
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
  • Options
    shell bell wrote:
    my favorite Crowded House song .........
    yeah, while i'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite, i think that's the one for me too. it's just beautiful.
  • Options
    jeaubong wrote:

awww, one of my FAVORITES...and I agree, their voices sound SO good together!! This song always makes me cry.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    awww, one of my FAVORITES...and I agree, their voices sound SO good together!! This song always makes me cry.
    yeah that song is powerful. it's funny, at first i thought it was sad, until a friend of mine pointed out how in a weird sort of way, it's a romantic song. like, the future is promised to no one, all we really can claim is the here and now...like how the grass used to be greener on the other side, always looking ahead instead of what's here right now.

or i'm just blathering on until i can leave work lol
  • Options
    that is a very good way of pointing that out B, it is true. I mean, Tim's lyrics in that song is very honest. That is why I love his and Neil's songwriting, romantic. honest. beautiful. sad. :)

hey, have you heard Silent House from the Dixie Chicks? I am in love w/that song. I was THRILLED that Crowded House played that song live, and Neil certainly shredding on the guitar :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    that is a very good way of pointing that out B, it is true. I mean, Tim's lyrics in that song is very honest. That is why I love his and Neil's songwriting, romantic. honest. beautiful. sad. :)

hey, have you heard Silent House from the Dixie Chicks? I am in love w/that song. I was THRILLED that Crowded House played that song live, and Neil certainly shredding on the guitar :D
    that's a great way to describe his and neil's writing - they have this way of incorporating pathos and hope, sometimes in the very same song.

yep a friend of mine played me the dixie chicks album and i heard silent house, that's a beaut of a song. and i LOVED hearing CH do it. neil rocking himself out there haha

oh did you get the email about being able to see snippets from the webcast? i got it at home, can't get to that message here at work but i'll try to remember to post the links here so everybody can enjoy! :)
  • Options
    that's a great way to describe his and neil's writing - they have this way of incorporating pathos and hope, sometimes in the very same song.

yep a friend of mine played me the dixie chicks album and i heard silent house, that's a beaut of a song. and i LOVED hearing CH do it. neil rocking himself out there haha

oh did you get the email about being able to see snippets from the webcast? i got it at home, can't get to that message here at work but i'll try to remember to post the links here so everybody can enjoy! :)

thanks B. :D i really can't wait til CH album comes out and I think Tim's comes out soon too. There was a billboard.com article about Tim, they even asked him if he was going to take part in the reunion, and he said that he wasn't b/c he was concentrating on his solo tour, but he supports his brother 100% :D Gotta love those Finn Brothers! :)

I MUST now check my e-mail. thanks for the heads up B:)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    Awww I just checked it and watched it...i HIGHLY suggest watching it to ANYONE who loves CH! :D

I don't know if this link will work, but we'll see. :)

http://del.interoute.com/?id=24044294-eedf-48d6-a405-7326548c2fd6&delivery=stream
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    thanks B. :D i really can't wait til CH album comes out and I think Tim's comes out soon too. There was a billboard.com article about Tim, they even asked him if he was going to take part in the reunion, and he said that he wasn't b/c he was concentrating on his solo tour, but he supports his brother 100% :D Gotta love those Finn Brothers! :)

I MUST now check my e-mail. thanks for the heads up B:)
    yeah i think tim's is out, i haven't heard it yet though. but that's sweet for him to give his little brother props like that! :) that's one thing i loved at the finn bros show we went to, seeing them together, reminded me of me and my little sis. except we don't play instruments. or get on stage. and aren't from new zealand.

so nevermind, i guess we're nothing like that :p haha

and cool on the link, ya beat me to it! i gotta watch it :)