Options

Neil and Tim Finn

Comments

• Options
    more news!

25/2/07-The new look Crowded House now tucked away in an English recording studio with producer Steve Lillywhite recording some final (possible) tracks for 'Time On Earth'.Our good friend Johnny Marr also spotted having a play on some songs.

i'll have to bust out the 7 worlds collide cd today in honor of johnny! :)
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    more news!

25/2/07-The new look Crowded House now tucked away in an English recording studio with producer Steve Lillywhite recording some final (possible) tracks for 'Time On Earth'.Our good friend Johnny Marr also spotted having a play on some songs.

i'll have to bust out the 7 worlds collide cd today in honor of johnny! :)

OMG! OMG! Johnny FUCKIN' Marr is playing on some of the tracks on the new album?! :eek: THAT makes me a very HAPPY girl!! :D Thanks B for that info. and YEA for finding a new drummer. Oooo i can't wait til they announce tour dates!
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    OMG! OMG! Johnny FUCKIN' Marr is playing on some of the tracks on the new album?! :eek: THAT makes me a very HAPPY girl!! :D Thanks B for that info. and YEA for finding a new drummer. Oooo i can't wait til they announce tour dates!
    yeah, having johnny marr on it is the proverbial icing on the cake! eeeeeeeee!!
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    rehearsal pics :)

http://frenz.com/crowdedhouse/photo.html

funny to see the pics lead into old ones....neil looked like a baby back then!

cheers to paul, miss him....
  • Options
    and dates are starting to get announced! WOOOHOO

http://www.frenz.com/crowdedhouse/
  • Options
    Awww those pics are great B! hmm, their new drummer, Matt played for Beck...that is awesome!! :D I think he played w/Beck on his last tour. Pretty awesome to see Crowded House rehearsing! And Neil, i mean, he has got spikey hair or something. That hair is OUT of CONTROL :p

ooo I can't wait for more tour dates to be announced!!

Speaking of Neil being young, you should see some of the Split Enz videos. Message to My Girl is such a beautiful song!! I have a feeling he wrote that song for his soon-to-be wife :D

B, and everyone else, I thought of you all when I re-read this article. It was done at the time One Nil came out here in the states. Neil talks about how 7 World's Collide came together and mentions Eddie :D make sure you watch the clips as well. They still work after all these years :)

http://www.vh1.com/artists/interview/1456327/20020729/finn_neil.jhtml
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    yeah i'm hoping they post more tour dates, although it does make me a little nervous....the UK show was announced this morning and tickets went on sale very shortly after. eep! i hope they give at least some notice for other dates, i'm afraid of missing an opportunity, especially since i'm going out of town later this month.

oh 'message to my girl' is devastatingly gorgeous, soooo romantic. i love it! neil is the master of the sap :o haha

neato on the vids, thanks for the link, i'll check 'em out when i get home! :)
  • Options
    finally got to watch the clip and check out the interview, good read!

man, ed and neil together....you just can't get any better :)
  • Options
    yeah i'm hoping they post more tour dates, although it does make me a little nervous....the UK show was announced this morning and tickets went on sale very shortly after. eep! i hope they give at least some notice for other dates, i'm afraid of missing an opportunity, especially since i'm going out of town later this month.

oh 'message to my girl' is devastatingly gorgeous, soooo romantic. i love it! neil is the master of the sap :o haha

neato on the vids, thanks for the link, i'll check 'em out when i get home! :)

hey no problemo B :D Where are you going to go? ARe you going to be gone for long? I am also nervous b/c if they announce any dates between now and the end of the month, I won't have any $ to go see them for the time being. I know that their shows will sell out, especially in SF. We'll see though :)

and I am glad that you enjoy the videos :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    hey no problemo B :D Where are you going to go? ARe you going to be gone for long? I am also nervous b/c if they announce any dates between now and the end of the month, I won't have any $ to go see them for the time being. I know that their shows will sell out, especially in SF. We'll see though :)

and I am glad that you enjoy the videos :D
    i'm going to jersey to visit family 3/28-4/2, so not too long. i can just envision an avalanche of crowded house and PJ shows being announced though....just cuz :o haha hopefully they can hold off till the beginning of next month, or at least announce dates and the sale dates aren't right away. you're right, i can see their SF show(s) selling out fast. hopefully it all works out!
  • Options
    oh i hear ya girl! Just watch, w/our luck, San Francisco will be the first stop :p ooo, I shouldn't say that! haha :o

I wonder on the Crowded House tour if they will do some Neil solo stuff, b/c I know from the old Crowded House footage I have seen on YouTube, they do some Split Enz songs. :) I really can't wait for them to tour! Ahhhh!! we will all FINALLy get to see Crowded House together again :D And I know Paul will be there in spirit! :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    oh i hear ya girl! Just watch, w/our luck, San Francisco will be the first stop :p ooo, I shouldn't say that! haha :o

I wonder on the Crowded House tour if they will do some Neil solo stuff, b/c I know from the old Crowded House footage I have seen on YouTube, they do some Split Enz songs. :) I really can't wait for them to tour! Ahhhh!! we will all FINALLy get to see Crowded House together again :D And I know Paul will be there in spirit! :)
    haha oh i know. and it's like i haven't gone out of town in like forever, so of course that'll be when everything goes down lol

i do hope they do some solo neil stuff, i could spend days just listening to him play his own stuff. seeing split enz stuff live will be kickass! i'm so excited!! and absolutely, paul will be there in spirit for sure :)
  • Options
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    okay, i SO need to be home by 3 on saturday! WOOOOOOO
  • Options
    okay, i SO need to be home by 3 on saturday! WOOOOOOO

i know. i can't wait.b:D

pretty cool they put all the different time zones on there :) i hope Chloe is taking a nap by that time:)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    wooohoo just tuned in! :) hot damn i can't wait to see them live
  • Options
    wooohoo just tuned in! :) hot damn i can't wait to see them live

How are you guys tuning into this? Is there a link on the website somewhere?
  • Options
    Ah, my mozilla is funny, now it works in IE
  • Options
  • Options
    Man, "she called up" kicks ass
  • Options
    Man, "she called up" kicks ass
    i know! and i loved 'pineapple head'. i hope they do 'four seasons in one day' or 'into temptation'
  • Options
    love you til the day i die?! holy shit
  • Options
    Man, I've only just listened to Neil Finn's solo stuff and Finn Brothers. I had no clue what I've been missing out on. What crowded house records do I need to go buy?
  • Options
    Man, I've only just listened to Neil Finn's solo stuff and Finn Brothers. I had no clue what I've been missing out on. What crowded house records do I need to go buy?
    everything.

:D haha

recurring dream is a greatest hits collection, really good. afterglow is b-sides and unreleased stuff. woodface is a must-have, i think that might be my fave album
  • Options
    Yeah, I have recurring dream, I'll be sure to check that other stuff out. I hope they play Portland. The Finn Brothers kicked ass when they played the Crystal Ballroom.
  • Options
    this is an INCREDIBLE version of black and white boy. wow!!!
  • Options
    Yeah, I have recurring dream, I'll be sure to check that other stuff out. I hope they play Portland. The Finn Brothers kicked ass when they played the Crystal Ballroom.
    i might hit up seattle and portland if they go tehre, i saw neil at the roseland ballroom, that was so much fun! i can't wait for the new album
  • Options
    i just tuned in right now

ooo, when u come :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    I would be very tempted to go to Seattle. You know why. "When you come" Man this kicks so much ass
  • Options
    'when you come'.....OMG, i'm dying here.

so. damn. gorgeous!!