Options

Neil and Tim Finn

Comments

• Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    Sonja_S wrote:

hahaha. that video is funny! it is cute when all 3 of them interact w/each other. Especially when they talk about their embarassing moment on stage. :p
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    I don't know how many of you all seen the video, but it is pretty funny! :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bo2txSycyA
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    GAAAHH!! kind soul at the porch posted this about rage, but look at the bolded part.

crowded house live? FUCK YEAH!

Rage Against the Machine, the seminal L.A. band that made heavy music into political manifesto, will reunite after a seven-year lull for one show as the headliners at the 2007 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.

Sources say Rage, which played the main stage at the first Coachella in 1999, will be joined by other familiar faces for the eighth edition of the festival, which covers three days this year and begins April 27: Red Hot Chili Peppers, which headlined in 2003, are back, as is Björk, who topped the bill in 2002.

Organizers were mum this weekend and it was not clear which day Rage or the other acts were slotted to play; that announcement is expected in the next few days. Other acts expected in the eclectic lineup: Arcade Fire, Interpol, Willie Nelson, the Roots, Manu Chao, the Decemberists, Arctic Monkeys, Sonic Youth, Crowded House, Air, Tiësto and Kings of Leon.

Tickets go on sale Saturday, via Ticketmaster. Three-day passes will cost about $250 and there will be a limited number of single-day passes available.

The headliners are not novel, but they are potent. The Peppers are up for their first best album Grammy right now, and Björk remains a mesmerizing figure to fans of avant pop. But in Southern California rock circles, there is very little that could compete with the excitement of a Rage Against the Machine reunion. The quartet's hybrid of funk, rap, metal and leftist ideology was as subtle as a Molotov cocktail; in the 1990s, its aggro-anthems made it the only band that mattered to a fan base that included East L.A. protest kids as well as those in Hollywood punk circles, college dorms and mainstream rock festival mosh pits, where politics were secondary to the group's feral energy.

The band is vocalist Zack de la Rocha, guitarist Tom Morello, bassist Tim Commerford and drummer Brad Wilk. Their split came amid rumors of bad blood between De la Rocha and his mates, who went on to work with Chris Cornell in Audioslave. However, Morello and De la Rocha appeared together at a 2005 rally for the urban farmers of a South Los Angeles community garden.
  • Options
    because i'm wigging lol article i found at a neil site: http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,,21091587-5001026,00.html

CROWDED House, one of Australia's biggest musical exports, is re-forming for a world tour.
    Former frontman Neil Finn and bassist Nick Seymour have held auditions in Auckland and Los Angeles and will continue their search for a replacement for founding drummer Paul Hester in Melbourne this week.
    Hester committed suicide two years ago.
    Finn has regularly dismissed notions of re-forming Crowded House. But Hester's tragic death shook that resolve.
    Sources say Finn will commit 12 months to a world tour by Crowded House.
    Finn's British-based management group will make an announcement this week.
    The reunion comes 10 years after the band's emotional farewell performance on the steps of the Sydney Opera House.
    Last year, Finn toured with his former band Split Enz. In March, he will release a solo album and, later, tour with Crowded House.
    Seymour played bass on Finn's forthcoming solo album.
    "In the shadow of Paul's passing, we had more than enough reason to seek each other out and take a bit of comfort from each other," Finn said last month.
    "But we've reconnected musically, too. I've really enjoyed him playing bass. There's something instinctive that we've got together and it's pretty undeniable."
    Finn is expected in Melbourne today. But road-testing a new drummer will be a difficult task.
    Two years ago, Finn said Hester's talent as a beatkeeper was almost irreplaceable and that he truly appreciated Hester's musical talent after the drummer left Crowded House in 1994.
    "I never knew how great Paul was for me, how much he gave me, how incredibly important the chemistry was, until much later, when I was trying to show drummer after drummer how to play the brushes properly on Four Seasons in One Day," Finn said.
    "Not one bugger got it. I realised how professional Paul's groove was, how genetically in synch we were.
    "It was an accident, but a beautiful one. A fate that drew us all together."
    Melbourne-born and bred, the Crowdies conquered the US with the 1987 hit, Don't Dream It's Over. Subsequent hits included Better Be Home Soon, Weather With You and Fall At Your Feet.
    Crowded House split in June, 1996, and played the Opera House show five months later.
    Finn said the band had achieved success in Britain and the US and he was sick of living on the road.
    He has had a successful solo career, occasionally performing with brother Tim as the Finn Brothers.
    Seymour runs a recording studio in Dublin and plays bass in a local band, Tarmac Adam.
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    because i'm wigging lol article i found at a neil site: http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,,21091587-5001026,00.html

CROWDED House, one of Australia's biggest musical exports, is re-forming for a world tour.
    Former frontman Neil Finn and bassist Nick Seymour have held auditions in Auckland and Los Angeles and will continue their search for a replacement for founding drummer Paul Hester in Melbourne this week.
    Hester committed suicide two years ago.
    Finn has regularly dismissed notions of re-forming Crowded House. But Hester's tragic death shook that resolve.
    Sources say Finn will commit 12 months to a world tour by Crowded House.
    Finn's British-based management group will make an announcement this week.
    The reunion comes 10 years after the band's emotional farewell performance on the steps of the Sydney Opera House.
    Last year, Finn toured with his former band Split Enz. In March, he will release a solo album and, later, tour with Crowded House.
    Seymour played bass on Finn's forthcoming solo album.
    "In the shadow of Paul's passing, we had more than enough reason to seek each other out and take a bit of comfort from each other," Finn said last month.
    "But we've reconnected musically, too. I've really enjoyed him playing bass. There's something instinctive that we've got together and it's pretty undeniable."
    Finn is expected in Melbourne today. But road-testing a new drummer will be a difficult task.
    Two years ago, Finn said Hester's talent as a beatkeeper was almost irreplaceable and that he truly appreciated Hester's musical talent after the drummer left Crowded House in 1994.
    "I never knew how great Paul was for me, how much he gave me, how incredibly important the chemistry was, until much later, when I was trying to show drummer after drummer how to play the brushes properly on Four Seasons in One Day," Finn said.
    "Not one bugger got it. I realised how professional Paul's groove was, how genetically in synch we were.
    "It was an accident, but a beautiful one. A fate that drew us all together."
    Melbourne-born and bred, the Crowdies conquered the US with the 1987 hit, Don't Dream It's Over. Subsequent hits included Better Be Home Soon, Weather With You and Fall At Your Feet.
    Crowded House split in June, 1996, and played the Opera House show five months later.
    Finn said the band had achieved success in Britain and the US and he was sick of living on the road.
    He has had a successful solo career, occasionally performing with brother Tim as the Finn Brothers.
    Seymour runs a recording studio in Dublin and plays bass in a local band, Tarmac Adam.

This is great news! Thanks so much for the post! Who'd think the PJ forums would be my best source for all things Neil Finn!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,445
    Crowded House are playing Coachella!
  • Options
    gabers wrote:
    This is great news! Thanks so much for the post! Who'd think the PJ forums would be my best source for all things Neil Finn!
    i'm just glad others here appreciate neil too! i was already amped about his new album coming out and impending tour, but having a reunion with the surviving members of crowded house is just beyond anything i expected.
  • Options
    i'm just glad others here appreciate neil too! i was already amped about his new album coming out and impending tour, but having a reunion with the surviving members of crowded house is just beyond anything i expected.

oh I KNOw!! I freaked out when you posted that last night! I mean, CROWDED HOUSE @ Coachella?! :eek: Lately since I got back from the hospital, I have been on a Crowded House run. This is too cool! If I can't do Coachella, chances are, I KNOW they will hit San Francisco!! :D I SO want to see them!! AHHHHH!!!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    oh I KNOw!! I freaked out when you posted that last night! I mean, CROWDED HOUSE @ Coachella?! :eek: Lately since I got back from the hospital, I have been on a Crowded House run. This is too cool! If I can't do Coachella, chances are, I KNOW they will hit San Francisco!! :D I SO want to see them!! AHHHHH!!!
    yeah, it's NUTS! funny thing i was talking with russty just a few days ago, and we were talking about CH, and i just ordered my copy of the 'farewell to the world' dvd a couple weeks back, thinking how cool it must have been to have seen that show live. and now this! granted it won't be the same without paul, but i bet anything that they'll do a lovely tribute in his memory at the shows.

yeah coachella is a little too rich for my blood, but at least this means we can expect them around april! and i am all set for an SF show, they gotta do it!
  • Options
    yeah, it's NUTS! funny thing i was talking with russty just a few days ago, and we were talking about CH, and i just ordered my copy of the 'farewell to the world' dvd a couple weeks back, thinking how cool it must have been to have seen that show live. and now this! granted it won't be the same without paul, but i bet anything that they'll do a lovely tribute in his memory at the shows.

yeah coachella is a little too rich for my blood, but at least this means we can expect them around april! and i am all set for an SF show, they gotta do it!

that is TOO cool B!!! I agree, it won't be the same, but I know how much the rest of the band loved Paul. I read after Paul died, Tim and Neil were on tour in Europe and they brought Nick to play with them in honor of Paul.

I know it is going to be exciting to see Crowded House though...it is just TOO much to take in ya know?! ahhh!! And now the Neil solo album is now going to be a Crowded House album! :eek: WOW!!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    that is TOO cool B!!! I agree, it won't be the same, but I know how much the rest of the band loved Paul. I read after Paul died, Tim and Neil were on tour in Europe and they brought Nick to play with them in honor of Paul.

I know it is going to be exciting to see Crowded House though...it is just TOO much to take in ya know?! ahhh!! And now the Neil solo album is now going to be a Crowded House album! :eek: WOW!!
    yup i think it was due to paul's death that nick and neil got back together, and prompted their collaboration. perhaps this is part of a closure process for them as well, a way to deal with the grief.

but yeah, all this news is quite overwhelming....who would've thunk it?!!
  • Options
    B, have you gotten your Crowded House farewell to the world dvd/cd yet? is it already out? I have been listening to my Best of Crowded House and I still can't believe they got back together!! AHHH!! I am LOVING 'Instinct' and now I need to get ALL their albums!!

oh btw, B, I got the Finn Brothers' album...OMG, it is so beautiful!!! I bought it w/my iTunes gift card that my bf got for me for my b-day. it has an extra track called "Way Back Down" great track! :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    B, have you gotten your Crowded House farewell to the world dvd/cd yet? is it already out? I have been listening to my Best of Crowded House and I still can't believe they got back together!! AHHH!! I am LOVING 'Instinct' and now I need to get ALL their albums!!

oh btw, B, I got the Finn Brothers' album...OMG, it is so beautiful!!! I bought it w/my iTunes gift card that my bf got for me for my b-day. it has an extra track called "Way Back Down" great track! :)
    yes, i got it yesterday in the mail, woohoo! i just need to find some time to sit down and watch it, probably over the weekend, can't wait!

the best of crowded house is awesome, i can listen to that from start to finish...i still can't believe they're back together!!

awesome on the finn album....very cool about the extra track, i've never heard it!
  • Options
    When I first read the Coachella lineup I saw Crowded House and was like WTF??? Even being an aussie I had heard nothing what so ever about them reuniting, it was really shocking. I definitely have to see them when they do their world tour! Neil Finn is such a talented man, cant say enough about him. What a great band they were, and heres me thinking I would never get the chance to see Crowded House ever.
  • Options
    DinghyDogDinghyDog Posts: 587
    edited November 2012
    -
    Post edited by DinghyDog on
  • Options
    yup i watched a little bit of the dvd last nite, accidentally hit the commentary button, and i was cracking up! i'll have to watch it all the way thru without it, then again with it. love neil's sense of humor :)
  • Options
    couple of new crowded house links :)

http://www.frenz.com/crowdedhouse/

http://www.farewelltotheworld.com/

one can sign up on the 2nd one to get updates on the release and such, hopefully they send out info soon on more tour dates!
  • Options
    Does anyone have the track listing for the Crowded House live cd called, "Back On the Bus"? I downloaded this last year, but i don't even know if I have the whole album or not. :/
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    Crowded House has a myspace page, and YES, it is OFFICIAL! :D

http://www.myspace.com/crowdedhouse
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    nice! they need to bust out some new tour dates. i'm getting all antsy :p
  • Options
    i know, same here :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    I am STUCK on this song!! I LOVE IT!!! :D This song has been in my head every single day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46_I9F0qHHU
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    oh wow, didn't even know that song had a video! i'll have to watch when i get home :) and yeah, that's a great tune!
  • Options
    they also have videos for "Distant Sun," "Fall At Your Feet," "It's Only Natural," "You're Not the Girl You Think U Are" "Locked Out" and "four seasons in one day" :D

I think towards the tail end of Crowded House, Paul left, but he did end up coming at some of the videos. Watch "instinct," and Paul appeared there for a split second, entering a car. it makes me sad watching these videos and knowing that Paul is no longer w/us. :(
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    they also have videos for "Distant Sun," "Fall At Your Feet," "It's Only Natural," "You're Not the Girl You Think U Are" "Locked Out" and "four seasons in one day" :D

I think towards the tail end of Crowded House, Paul left, but he did end up coming at some of the videos. Watch "instinct," and Paul appeared there for a split second, entering a car. it makes me sad watching these videos and knowing that Paul is no longer w/us. :(
    my friend russty has a dvd of their videos, i think i've seen most of those but i'll have to revisit on youtube tonite :)

and yeah, it's so sad paul is gone :( such a shame.
  • Options
    and just talking with a friend about crowded house and neil, i got 'one all' playing here at work with the sky so gray, really sets a mood. i love this album :)
  • Options
    oooo, B, speaking of Neil, Lydia sent me the link of Betterman from the 7 world's collide stuff, and I also found their verison of "Golden Years" too :D Scroll down to 2004, and there you'll find it and also find the Betterman/improv too!

here is the link:

http://www.pearljamonline.it/SongOfTheMonth/mp3ofthemonth.htm
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    oooo, B, speaking of Neil, Lydia sent me the link of Betterman from the 7 world's collide stuff, and I also found their verison of "Golden Years" too :D Scroll down to 2004, and there you'll find it and also find the Betterman/improv too!

here is the link:

http://www.pearljamonline.it/SongOfTheMonth/mp3ofthemonth.htm
    wooooo thanks!!!
  • Options
    wooooo thanks!!!

you're welcome B! oh and I'll have to figure out to send you the extra Finn Brothers song. :D I bought it on iTunes and they have this lock to the mp3. I'll figure it out and send it your way!

and when Crowded House plays in SF, I told lydia, that u, me, Lydia and Pati ALL have to go to the show together :D

Bring on the tour dates!! :cool:
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    you're welcome B! oh and I'll have to figure out to send you the extra Finn Brothers song. :D I bought it on iTunes and they have this lock to the mp3. I'll figure it out and send it your way!

and when Crowded House plays in SF, I told lydia, that u, me, Lydia and Pati ALL have to go to the show together :D

Bring on the tour dates!! :cool:
    oh that'd be cool about the extra finn brothers tune, i would love to hear it!

and absolutely, we are SO seeing crowded house when they come to town, can't wait!! :D