Options

Neil and Tim Finn

Comments

• Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    No problemo!;)

Does anyone have mp3s of the other outtakes from 7 World's Collide? I know a lot of the songs got left off, like "Betterman", "Off He Goes" "Not For You"

I have been on a MAJOR Neil kick as of lately, and I was thinking once I have my baby, I want to listen to Neil's songs (not to mention also that of Tim)n while I am in the hospital...so my daughter can come into the world w/FINN and of course some PJ;) Any suggestions on what I should put on my mix cd?
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    where is the LOVE for the Finn Brothers?! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    bayleafbayleaf Posts: 128
    Tim just released his new album, imaginary kingdom. It is awesome, the release show was awesome aswell.
    ~*~*~*~*~*OFFICIAL KIWI JAMMER No 6*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    bayleaf wrote:
    Tim just released his new album, imaginary kingdom. It is awesome, the release show was awesome aswell.
    i was wondering about his new album! has he said anything about a tour?
  • Options
    Yeh, he is just starting a tour now. I think he may be doing a world tour type thing, should be something on http://www.frenz.com/timfinn/board.php
  • Options
    thanks for the link! i will definitely keep my eyes and ears peeled (wait, can one peel an ear? ew lol) for any tour info

and i can't wait for neil to get his next solo album done. i'm craving some new neil :o
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    These two are the most talented musicians I have ever seen live. They have such a legacy w/Split Endz and Crowded House. I know I heard Eddie say that b/c of Neil, he knew he wanted to be a songwriter. :)

The 7 World's Collide dvd/cd, truly shows their music catalogue, performing w/other musicians who admired them. I have not gotten their new album yet, but from what I have heard when they played some of their songs in San Francisco last summer, I really like.

I think these boys deserve their props!!! And Neil's son, Liam, is also one talented boy.:)
    I just ordered the Seven Worlds Collide album online. I couldn't find it in the stores. I've been a fool for passing it up all these years. I recently heard Take a Walk on YouTube and I'm addicted!
  • Options
    This is so crazy - I was a HUGE Neil Finn and that's how I tripped over the amazing talent of Ed and the boys. ( I had heard of them but never really listened to any albums) Living in Australia, I got to see the reunion show of Split Enz in June and have seen the Finn Bros and Crowded house many times- I saw the last show when Hester played drums asa cameo before he committed suicide. It is so great to see the rest of the world acknowledge what we Kiwis/Aussies have known all along.
    Best songs
    Message to my girl Split Enz
    Fingers of Love/ I feel possessed Crowded House
    Try Whistling this Neil Finn solo
    Soul (where is my) Finn Bros
    2003 Bris 8 &9, Syd 11 &13, Melb 18, 19 &20
    2006 Vegas, San Diego, LA 9 & 10, San Francisco 15 &16, The Gorge 22 & 23, Syd 7 &8, Melb 13, 14 &16 Melb 20 2009, Buffalo Oct 12; Brooklyn Oct 18 & 19; Hartford Oct 25 2013
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    These two are the most talented musicians I have ever seen live. They have such a legacy w/Split Endz and Crowded House. I know I heard Eddie say that b/c of Neil, he knew he wanted to be a songwriter. :)

The 7 World's Collide dvd/cd, truly shows their music catalogue, performing w/other musicians who admired them. I have not gotten their new album yet, but from what I have heard when they played some of their songs in San Francisco last summer, I really like.

I think these boys deserve their props!!! And Neil's son, Liam, is also one talented boy.:)

I really dif them.
    I knew a few crowded house songs but really discovered them with 7 worlds collide.
    I was looking for songs where Ed sang and found taht cd. I thought "why not ?". And Wow ! This album's incredible. The sound is perfect, the energy is awesome...
    Last year I bought Finn Bros new album and it's very great.
    I recommend to everybody...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    tarotvixen wrote:
    This is so crazy - I was a HUGE Neil Finn and that's how I tripped over the amazing talent of Ed and the boys. ( I had heard of them but never really listened to any albums) Living in Australia, I got to see the reunion show of Split Enz in June and have seen the Finn Bros and Crowded house many times- I saw the last show when Hester played drums asa cameo before he committed suicide. It is so great to see the rest of the world acknowledge what we Kiwis/Aussies have known all along.
    Best songs
    Message to my girl Split Enz
    Fingers of Love/ I feel possessed Crowded House
    Try Whistling this Neil Finn solo
    Soul (where is my) Finn Bros

That is TOO cool!! You are SO lucky to have seen them live, Split Enz AND Crowded House.

My oldest brother got the Best of Split Enz and listened to it when I was a younging, and I heard Crowded House "Don't Dream It's Over" I didn't see the Neil connection until YEARS and YEARS later! Thank goodness for 7 World's Collide for getting me into everything FINN! :D

For all of you Hester fans, here is a touching tribute that Neil did dedicated to Paul. It made me cry when I first saw it. enjoy it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD8pMIH1puw
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    oh wow nadia, that tribute clip brought tears to my eyes, especially when everyone sings the last line together. that song alone is just so gorgeous, what a really touching tribute by neil. breaks my heart to see him so visibly sad.

on brighter news, i stopped by amoeba records and scored the out-of-print copy of the '95 release of finn brothers!! and on sale even, woohoo
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    That is TOO cool!! You are SO lucky to have seen them live, Split Enz AND Crowded House.

My oldest brother got the Best of Split Enz and listened to it when I was a younging, and I heard Crowded House "Don't Dream It's Over" I didn't see the Neil connection until YEARS and YEARS later! Thank goodness for 7 World's Collide for getting me into everything FINN! :D

For all of you Hester fans, here is a touching tribute that Neil did dedicated to Paul. It made me cry when I first saw it. enjoy it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD8pMIH1puw

Thanks for the post.

What a touching tribute. I really don't know he was able to keep his composure. I'd never get through it.
  • Options
    oh wow nadia, that tribute clip brought tears to my eyes, especially when everyone sings the last line together. that song alone is just so gorgeous, what a really touching tribute by neil. breaks my heart to see him so visibly sad.

on brighter news, i stopped by amoeba records and scored the out-of-print copy of the '95 release of finn brothers!! and on sale even, woohoo

yeah it was hard for me to watch it too. Such a touching, beautiful tribute to him.

and YEA for getting Finn Brothers first album. WOW!! you MUST burn me a copy of that!! :)

oh yeah, Tim Finn also has a MySpace page too. Promoting his new album you can check out his site at http://www.timfinn.com and his MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/timfinnmusic
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    yeah it was hard for me to watch it too. Such a touching, beautiful tribute to him.

and YEA for getting Finn Brothers first album. WOW!! you MUST burn me a copy of that!! :)

oh yeah, Tim Finn also has a MySpace page too. Promoting his new album you can check out his site at http://www.timfinn.com and his MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/timfinnmusic
    it's already burnt :D i'll give it to you tomorrow!

thanks for the tim links, i'll check 'em out!
  • Options
    it's already burnt :D i'll give it to you tomorrow!

thanks for the tim links, i'll check 'em out!

haha. you are ALWAYS 'one step ahead' of me girl;)

I found this on YouTube. It is a recent Finn Brothers interview, they are SO funny man! I hope to see them live again soon!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYAknpBUZsg
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    ah, a Finn thread! I LOVE the Finns. have loved Crowded House since back in the day (I was lucky enough to see them in concert) and am mad for the Finns (together and solo)...listen to their music all the time (with some PJ thrown in every so often!) when I learned that Ed had collaborated with the Finns at the 7WC show, I about passed out. it's like my two worlds collided. Neil and Ed are my two favorite musicians ever.

I was in New Zealand earlier this year and was out for a run one morning...who did I pass by on the sidewalk?? none other than Neil Finn, out for a run with his dogs. and yesterday I passed Ed on the sidewalk in downtown Seattle. I was over the moon both times, if I got to see them in concert together I would probably start sobbing out of sheer happiness
  • Options
    Sonja_SSonja_S Vienna Posts: 444
    Does anyone remember the ALT project? Tim Finn, Liam O' Maonlai from the Hothouse Flowers and a guy named Andy White. There were some really funny interviews on MTV back then.
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    the last finn bro's album was very shitty to me but love all the other stuff, especially neil finn solo,,,,,,,,,,why is it so hard to get split enz records????
  • Options
    Is it? I thought they were all still available.
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
  • Options
    they just reissued and remastered all the enz albums so it should be possilbe to get them.
  • Options
    yeah i see enz albums in the record shop all the time, so you should be able to find them. probably also available on amazon, though i'd suggest the local record shop, support small bidness :)

and i've been hooked on this song for today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfmy0sptbLE

oh and sidnote, i checked out that tim link that nadia had posted a few days ago, and he said neil is finishing up his album (!!!!!!!) WOOOOOOO-F'ING-HOOOOOOO! new neil, i can't wait
  • Options
    ah, a Finn thread! I LOVE the Finns. have loved Crowded House since back in the day (I was lucky enough to see them in concert) and am mad for the Finns (together and solo)...listen to their music all the time (with some PJ thrown in every so often!) when I learned that Ed had collaborated with the Finns at the 7WC show, I about passed out. it's like my two worlds collided. Neil and Ed are my two favorite musicians ever.

I was in New Zealand earlier this year and was out for a run one morning...who did I pass by on the sidewalk?? none other than Neil Finn, out for a run with his dogs. and yesterday I passed Ed on the sidewalk in downtown Seattle. I was over the moon both times, if I got to see them in concert together I would probably start sobbing out of sheer happiness

welcome to the thread!! :D And that is TOO cool that you passed by Neil. TOO cool!! You lucky, lucky person!!

And B, THANK u once again for burning me the Finn Brothers cd from 1995. I LOVE that album!! Only Talking Sense is such a GREAT song and thanks for putting up the video!

and WOHOOOO, for NEW Tim and Neil stuff!! you all should read Tim's blog on MySpace. It is pretty insightful on what he is doing. :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    i dunno if its been said yet but check out Enzo its the split Endz zongs preformed by some great musios and the NZ sympathany orchestra

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enzso
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    was just playing the supergroup 7 worlds collide today and how good is that.. Has their ever been a better group of musicians on the same stage at once? Stuff and Nonesense is god like!
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    I think 7 Worlds Collide is my most played DVD. It never gets old...
  • Options
    neil news from the frenz site :)

8-11-06-A message from Neil:
    "The album is all but finished and sounding beautiful. We had a romp through some new songs in Bath the other night which was very last minute so apologies to any locals who didn't find out in time. I will schedule a frenz only gig sometime before xmas to make up for it. Meanwhile theres a lot going on in the village......cows are mooing , owls are hooting, tanks are shooting and trains are tooting. LIfe is grand ! " -Neil

eeeeeeeeeeeeee new album EEEEEEEEEE! *cabbage patching out of pure glee* new album, new tour, aw yeah! :)
  • Options
    grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    i CANNOT wait for this to come out.
    take your money and your drugs.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,552

"The album is all but finished and sounding beautiful. We had a romp through some new songs in Bath the other night which was very last minute so apologies to any locals who didn't find out in time. I will schedule a frenz only gig sometime before xmas to make up for it. Meanwhile theres a lot going on in the village......cows are mooing , owls are hooting, tanks are shooting and trains are tooting. LIfe is grand ! " -Neil

eeeeeeeeeeeeee new album EEEEEEEEEE! *cabbage patching out of pure glee* new album, new tour, aw yeah! :)

Great news. I've heard a Neil Finn (or crowded house/finn brothers) about 6 times now at a Qdoba restaurant. I don't go to them that often either.
  • Options
    yup i'm very excited, i'm so curious to hear what he's done. and he's wonderful live, so i'm equally psyched for a tour...next to PJ, he's the only other performer i'd make a concerted effort to see.

and re-reading what he said:

"tanks are shooting" - what sort of village is he living in?? haha crazy kiwi :p
  • Options

OMG B! that is TOO cool! I am SO excited!! Neil is SO funny!! Even his notes are funny! I can't wait to hear the new album and see the man live again!! :D

btw, I listened to Try Whistling This...:eek: OMG! That album is SO prettiful!! Especially, Try Whistling This! It has been stuck in my head ALL day long!!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~