Options

Neil and Tim Finn

Comments

• Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547

awww B, you are a god send...this is a beautiful performance, just Neil and his guitar :)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    BUMP for Neil and Tim :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    cassiecassie Posts: 18
    obble wrote:
    They are probably the only New Zealander's to ever become known outside of Australasia and deffinately the only Kiwi's to ever break the American Market. Fully recommend seeing them to anyone.

dont you just love how us aussies have claimed the finn brothers as our own? it happend with everything that you guys bring out!!! its just like hes always "our russel crowe" until he throws a phone at some poor dudes head then hes that "kiwi guy"

anyways the finn brothers are awesome- even if they are new zealanders lol
  • Options
    bought the Best of Crowded House and LOVE it!! These guys are the BEST!! I hope to see them live again in the future :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    jeaubongjeaubong Posts: 132
    anyone knows if the brothers have plans for a UK tour? history never repeats, i got you & world where you live are on my favourite pj/ev covers cd.
    "\O/"
    ` | '
    _/ \_
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    read somewhere that neil is currently working on his solo album...no idea when to expect it, but hopefully by next year sometime....WOOHOOO!
  • Options
    And the closest I get to contentment
    Is when all of the barriers come down
    -"sinner"

just reminded of how much i love neil :)
  • Options
    been soaking in 'one all' and 'try whistling this' all afternoon.....what gorgeous albums! i can't wait for neil to get another album out and tour again :)
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    my wife and i saw neil finn in philadelphia in either 01 or 02 (shit, i can't remember now!) and saw the finn bros. on their last tour in STL. amazing. the first finn bros. record is fucking stellar. recorded binaurally and just absolutely b-eautiful.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    my wife and i saw neil finn in philadelphia in either 01 or 02 (shit, i can't remember now!) and saw the finn bros. on their last tour in STL. amazing. the first finn bros. record is fucking stellar. recorded binaurally and just absolutely b-eautiful.
    nice! i don't have the first finn bros album, i always look when i go in the record shops but can never find it. i'll have to look online for it, i can always add to my finn collection!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    i'll copy it and send it to you. seriously. you have to own it.

nice! i don't have the first finn bros album, i always look when i go in the record shops but can never find it. i'll have to look online for it, i can always add to my finn collection!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    i'll copy it and send it to you. seriously. you have to own it.
    oh wow, how generous of you! honestly every time i go in a record shop (yeah i'm old, i still call 'em record shops haha) i always take a look in the finn section. and then usually curse under my breath for not having anything new for me to buy haha
  • Options
    been soaking in 'one all' and 'try whistling this' all afternoon.....what gorgeous albums! i can't wait for neil to get another album out and tour again :)

oh I know!! i have downloaded some songs off of try whistling this...so pretty!

I would LOVE to see Neil and Tim tour again...and how about 'Fall At your feet"? that song is absolutely GORGEOUS!! it makes me cry everytime I hear it :o
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    oh I know!! i have downloaded some songs off of try whistling this...so pretty!

I would LOVE to see Neil and Tim tour again...and how about 'Fall At your feet"? that song is absolutely GORGEOUS!! it makes me cry everytime I hear it :o
    wait a second, you don't have 'try whistling this'?! :eek: okay, i'm burning a copy and throwing it in my bag to give you in SF sometime this weekend!

oh yes, 'fall at your feet'....sheer beauty. i heard neil sang that at nicole kidman's reception! lucky bitch! j/k (sorta lol)
  • Options
    bayleafbayleaf Posts: 128
    read somewhere that neil is currently working on his solo album...no idea when to expect it, but hopefully by next year sometime....WOOHOOO!

Yeh, he says it should be done for sometime in the new year. Also theres a new Tim album coming out soon, called "Imaginary Kingdom", should be out this year. Also, they have just rereleased all the split enz albums on cd, remastered because the old cds sounded terrible. Expanded Artwork aswell.
    ~*~*~*~*~*OFFICIAL KIWI JAMMER No 6*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    jeaubongjeaubong Posts: 132
    just heard this beautiful song...eddie with neil playing the piano i think. the chorus goes like this:

and you know that i love you
    here and now not forever
    i can give you the present
    i don't know about the future

anyone knows the title of this song?
    "\O/"
    ` | '
    _/ \_
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    jeaubong wrote:
    just heard this beautiful song...eddie with neil playing the piano i think. the chorus goes like this:

here and now not forever

stuff and nonsense.
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091

Oh sweet lord! :o Thank you soooooo much for posting that B!
    That overdose of beauty definitely 'sucked the life right outta' me! My god! Like Nadi said, just him and the guitar?! AND just... this song!? Pure beauty at it's finest. *faints*

I thought it give this thread a big ass BEAUTY BUMP. I'm over here floating on a cloud listening to one of my adored favs...SHE WILL HAVE HER WAY.:o!! The beauty is fuckin intoxicating! Awww and when he starts the "doo doo dooo...ahhh ahh AHH AHHH" part? *heart swells to the point of combustion*

And guess what? SHE (meaning Nadi & I:p) WILL have her way cuze tonight we're finally gonna watch Sessions at West 54th!!! :D YAY! I can't wait!

Come all without, come all within,
    You'll not see nothing like the mighty...FINNs.

:D

*((SHE WILL HAVE HER WAY))*

might be old but I'm someone new she said
    I'm so sore that I could cry always
    in the night lay your tired arms
    she will have her way
    somehow I will still believe her
    it's the life I've been frightened of she said
    deathly silence and especially the dark
    feels like I am heavy and my spirit has died
    she will have her way
    she will have her way
    one day I will come back
    still no end in sight
    though I travel far and wide
    a dying man is doing time
    thinker, soldier terrified
    and she will have her way
    she will have her way
    one day I will come back
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    anyone else thinks the PJ song Army Reserve sounds like Paradise?

Paradise? Hmmm I don't hear that one. LOVE that song though. And ARMY RESERVE?? Don't even get me started. :D haha. Far beyond love. There is definitely an AR and Neil connection though. I mean come on, the AR intro is tooootally Weather With You. :) I'm sure that adds to my obsession. :p

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I'd like to credit my wife and family for really turning me on to Crowded House. In turn I've since gone out and picked up the Finn Brothers cd and the 7 Worlds Collide cd. Might I say two of the best album purchases i've made in the last several years. Wow! I'm just blown away by these guys. I really love that song "She Will Have Her Way" also. Other absolute favorites for me include:

It's Only Natural
    Won't Give In
    There is a Light That Never Goes Out (I know it's a cover and love the Smiths also)
    Better Be Home Soon
    Disembodied Voices
    Angels Heap
    Weather With You
    Fall At Your Feet
    Locked Out
    Into Temptation

Now I'm going to have to grab my 7 Worlds Collide cd for the drive to work tomorrow!
  • Options
    jeaubong wrote:

here and now not forever

Stuff and Nonsense is such a beautiful song, it made me cry when I first heard it. Tim Finn is actually the one playing piano on this track. :)(don't worry, I actually thought it was Neil too when I first heard it :o) But Eddie does pour his heart and soul into this song. :( This song reminds me a lot of my ex.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    BUMP for the Finn Brothers!! actually, ANYTHING done by this family is pure beauty and GENIUSES!! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Oh sweet lord! :o Thank you soooooo much for posting that B!
    That overdose of beauty definitely 'sucked the life right outta' me! My god! Like Nadi said, just him and the guitar?! AND just... this song!? Pure beauty at it's finest. *faints*

I thought it give this thread a big ass BEAUTY BUMP. I'm over here floating on a cloud listening to one of my adored favs...SHE WILL HAVE HER WAY.:o!! The beauty is fuckin intoxicating! Awww and when he starts the "doo doo dooo...ahhh ahh AHH AHHH" part? *heart swells to the point of combustion*

And guess what? SHE (meaning Nadi & I:p) WILL have her way cuze tonight we're finally gonna watch Sessions at West 54th!!! :D YAY! I can't wait!
    oh man you guys got to see sessions on 54th?! i LOVE that dvd. the version of 'try whistling this' is *gorgeous* (even if he messes up one of the last lines heehee). man now i gotta watch that again tonite, thanks for the inspiration :D

i'm so happy neil is working on his new album, i hope and pray it comes out next year and he does some shows! the finns are like PJ to me....can't ever get enough :)
  • Options
    yeah I hear ya girl! When we saw Live from Sessions 54th, me and Lyd could not stop cussing the man for writing such beautiful lyrics!! it is like DAMN U NEIL for being such a GREAT songwriter! :p And that verison of Fall At Your Feet, brought tears to my eyes. :( DAMN U NEIL!! DAMN U!! :D

and now I am listening to Crowded House "back of the bus" on my itunes. :) I can't wait til Neil tours again. man, i wish Split Enz would come over here to the states to tour...oh well. At least we have stuff coming out from Neil and Tim :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    yeah I hear ya girl! When we saw Live from Sessions 54th, me and Lyd could not stop cussing the man for writing such beautiful lyrics!! it is like DAMN U NEIL for being such a GREAT songwriter! :p And that verison of Fall At Your Feet, brought tears to my eyes. :( DAMN U NEIL!! DAMN U!! :D

and now I am listening to Crowded House "back of the bus" on my itunes. :) I can't wait til Neil tours again. man, i wish Split Enz would come over here to the states to tour...oh well. At least we have stuff coming out from Neil and Tim :)
    haha i know what you mean, 'damn you neil' indeed! mostly i say it cuz his songs get me all emotional....shaking my fist while i'm sniffling....bastard! :p haha

all i know is next time neil comes around, one show won't be enough. especially if he plays seattle....i'll have to make that trip again, paid off last time....got a 2fer with that deal, neil and ed :D talk about HEAVEN!! merry christmas to my ass, nevermind it was in july haha

i watched 7 worlds collide dvd last week, definitely gotta give the sessions one a spin tonite :)
  • Options
    Neil's 'Try Whistling This' is great - many happy memories...
    What do you call 3 sheep tied together in the middle of Wales? - A Leisure Centre.
  • Options
    haha i know what you mean, 'damn you neil' indeed! mostly i say it cuz his songs get me all emotional....shaking my fist while i'm sniffling....bastard! :p haha

all i know is next time neil comes around, one show won't be enough. especially if he plays seattle....i'll have to make that trip again, paid off last time....got a 2fer with that deal, neil and ed :D talk about HEAVEN!! merry christmas to my ass, nevermind it was in july haha

i watched 7 worlds collide dvd last week, definitely gotta give the sessions one a spin tonite :)

yeah I know how you feel girl! Everytime I listen to my "neil playlist' on my itunes, I start crying. I mean, SHIT! DAMN! It starts w/'Anytime' and you know how beautiful that song is. Tears beyond tears each time I hear it!!

OMG! that is right!! You saw neil and Eddie together!! :eek: lucky duck you!! His music is truly an addiction! You just can't help it but want more and more of it!!

I SO need to get my own copy of 7 World's Collide! I bought it for Lydia back in 2003 (and got her addicted to Neil :p) and I just never got around to buying my own copy of it. i guess I'll watch it from YouTube.com :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    I can't get over how AMAZING this performance was! I wish I was there!! :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJpl4MtJcNo
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    gabers wrote:
    I'd like to credit my wife and family for really turning me on to Crowded House. In turn I've since gone out and picked up the Finn Brothers cd and the 7 Worlds Collide cd. Might I say two of the best album purchases i've made in the last several years. Wow! I'm just blown away by these guys. I really love that song "She Will Have Her Way" also. Other absolute favorites for me include:

It's Only Natural
    Won't Give In
    There is a Light That Never Goes Out (I know it's a cover and love the Smiths also)
    Better Be Home Soon
    Disembodied Voices
    Angels Heap
    Weather With You
    Fall At Your Feet
    Locked Out
    Into Temptation

Now I'm going to have to grab my 7 Worlds Collide cd for the drive to work tomorrow!

those are a lot of GREAT songs and pretty cool that your wife got you into it :)

Have you heard "How Soon Is Now?" one of the outtake from 7 World's Collide? It is pretty cool! Neil adds harmonica to the song, and I hate it say it, but I LOVE Neil's verison more than The Smiths, and i happen to LOVE the Smiths as well :o
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    those are a lot of GREAT songs and pretty cool that your wife got you into it :)

Have you heard "How Soon Is Now?" one of the outtake from 7 World's Collide? It is pretty cool! Neil adds harmonica to the song, and I hate it say it, but I LOVE Neil's verison more than The Smiths, and i happen to LOVE the Smiths as well :o

I haven't heard that one yet. Now I'm going to have to find that one! Thanks for the tip.