Options

Neil and Tim Finn

Comments

• Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    SWEET!!! Thanks B! Lydia just sent me a text message about that too! I want to see it, but yeah, i can't stay up that late anymore. haha. Gosh I feel so old! haha. :p

oh i hope to see it on YouTube tomorrow.
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    here is the NEW video from CH. :D this is one of 2 songs that Johnny Marr plays on the new album (i think) but he doesn't come out in the video :( But YAY 4 new stuff from CH :D rejoice!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjE1mqlEtSY
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    awesome, thanks for the link nadia! eeeeeeeeeee i love how there's so much new CH stuff everywhere, a torrential downpour of finn goodness :D
  • Options
    For sure B!! :D How were their performance on Conan last night? I seriously can't wait for their show in Aug. it is going to rock!! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    oh it was great! they played 'don't stop now'. just felt like such a tease, august is gonna seem so far away now :o haha
  • Options
    ooo for those who missed CH performance @ coachella, they have highlights from that. Private Universe, Locked Out and Silent House are featured so check it out :D

http://attblueroom.com/events/coachella.php
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    cool beans, thanks for the heads-up! i had checked the coachella site shortly after the gig but forgot to look again since they never had anything up :o haha
  • Options
    yeah I know B...I totally forgot about it until I was hit w/boredom and decided to wonder off to the Coachella website :p

ooo, I know B, you know about this, but I found a COOL ass station, that reminds me of KGSR back in Austin, plays the exact same music and an added plus, they play Split Enz, The Finn Brothers, Crowded House :D YAY!!! I thought there wasn't a decent station around here. haha
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    yeah I know B...I totally forgot about it until I was hit w/boredom and decided to wonder off to the Coachella website :p

ooo, I know B, you know about this, but I found a COOL ass station, that reminds me of KGSR back in Austin, plays the exact same music and an added plus, they play Split Enz, The Finn Brothers, Crowded House :D YAY!!! I thought there wasn't a decent station around here. haha
    there's a station that plays all that? :eek: i don't know that one! which one is it? it sounds awesome!
  • Options
    i can't believe I didn't mention the radio station in the Bay Area hahaha. Oops! It is KFOG 104.5 I saw on iTunes they had the Finn Brothers sessions on sale there. :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    i can't believe I didn't mention the radio station in the Bay Area hahaha. Oops! It is KFOG 104.5 I saw on iTunes they had the Finn Brothers sessions on sale there. :)
    ooooh yes! i listen to KFOG at work just about every day! :) i tune into it on my computer in my office, they do have a nice mix of finn stuff for sure!
  • Options
    heads-up you can watch crowded house's set on demand at http://www.liveearth.org :) woohoo!
  • Options
    i didn't get 2 see it on friday...o'doh! but i did watch their performance of Fall at Your Feet on youtube. OMG! talk about a 'WELCOME HOME" gig :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    i didn't get 2 see it on friday...o'doh! but i did watch their performance of Fall at Your Feet on youtube. OMG! talk about a 'WELCOME HOME" gig :)
    the singalongs are out of this world....weeeeeeeeeeee can't wait for next month, seeing those live earth clips got me even more amped (which is saying a lot since i'm like way amped like a mofo as it is haha)
  • Options
    glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    i see red. red red red, i see reeeeeeeddddddddd
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Options
    the singalongs are out of this world....weeeeeeeeeeee can't wait for next month, seeing those live earth clips got me even more amped (which is saying a lot since i'm like way amped like a mofo as it is haha)

yeah I know! i can't wait! Is it really a month from now?! DAMN!! I have something to look forward to after my visit to Texas :D

WOHOOO!!

I saw this article today, I didn't know that Silent House was written about Paul :(

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003608604
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I love these guys so much. Neil Finn's songwriting magic is just pure genius.

And the lyrics, you'd be hard pressed to find a better analogy for life than "try to catch the deluge in a paper cup".
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    yeah I know! i can't wait! Is it really a month from now?! DAMN!! I have something to look forward to after my visit to Texas :D

WOHOOO!!

I saw this article today, I didn't know that Silent House was written about Paul :(

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003608604
    awwww yeah! i can't wait to see them...i've been in need of some live music so that'll be the perfect thing! :)

oh wow, i had no idea silent house it was about him! damn, that really gives that song a whole other shade.
  • Options
    reminder that the new crowded house album is officially in US stores :D weee!
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    I actually don't know much Crowded House, but I'm seeing them next month in Boston. Any tips on where to get started?
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    cant wait for Aug 8 9 the week after PJ two nights of crowded house at the beacon

NF
    simply one of the best singer songwriters ever
  • Options
    I actually don't know much Crowded House, but I'm seeing them next month in Boston. Any tips on where to get started?

sweet on the show! if you don't have any of their stuff, i'd recommend 'recurring dream' which is a best-of collection. that'll help you be familiar with most of what they'll be playing. also check out their set at live earth on the live earth website too! and their new album of course :)
    Get_Right wrote:
    cant wait for Aug 8 9 the week after PJ two nights of crowded house at the beacon

NF
    simply one of the best singer songwriters ever

absolutely, neil has such a way with words....i just love the guy :)
  • Options
    sweet on the show! if you don't have any of their stuff, i'd recommend 'recurring dream' which is a best-of collection. that'll help you be familiar with most of what they'll be playing. also check out their set at live earth on the live earth website too! and their new album of course :)

Great, Ill do that right away:) Thanks!
  • Options
    you're welcome! enjoy the tuneage :)
  • Options

Get WOODFACE too
    Great songs on there that are not on recurring dream

Italian plastic
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    Get WOODFACE too
    Great songs on there that are not on recurring dream

Italian plastic
    oh yes good point! that's my fave CH album
  • Options
    Well I guess I'll get them both then:)
  • Options
    Well I guess I'll get them both then:)
    money well spent

and the women dig it too-one of the few artists I my wife and I both listen too
  • Options

That is awesome!! I agree w/what everyone else said...Recurring Dreams and Woodface...such a GREAT album and I LOVE Paul's song, "Italian Plastic" :)

I listened to the new album, Time On Earth, they had it streaming on VH1.com and I really dug it! To me, it sounds like CH, even though we all know that Neil writes all the songs. :) But still, those songs are very powerful, especially Silent House. Everytime I hear that song, I become very sad. Neil is one of the most underrated songwriters of all time. I wonder how he got involved working w/the Dixie Chicks. Did they sought him? hmmm Anyone know how this happened?
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    That is awesome!! I agree w/what everyone else said...Recurring Dreams and Woodface...such a GREAT album and I LOVE Paul's song, "Italian Plastic" :)

I listened to the new album, Time On Earth, they had it streaming on VH1.com and I really dug it! To me, it sounds like CH, even though we all know that Neil writes all the songs. :) But still, those songs are very powerful, especially Silent House. Everytime I hear that song, I become very sad. Neil is one of the most underrated songwriters of all time. I wonder how he got involved working w/the Dixie Chicks. Did they sought him? hmmm Anyone know how this happened?

Awesome thank you, I can't find it on VH1 but another site is playing four of the songs, great so far. I'll probably stop at the store later for Recurring Dreams and Woodface.
    The concert is the same day PJ plays Lollapalooza... I'm still a little bummed that I won't be able to make it to that, but now at least now I'll be having fun instead of sitting at home wishing I was at Lolla :p:)