Kamala Harris VEEP Pick

Comments

• MASA (Make America Sane Again)

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,709
    Josh Shapiro
    I saw maga attempt to call him Tampon Tim and was making fun of him for waving his hands around unlike a real man yesterday.

Maga dies in November. They got nothing. 
    www.myspace.com
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,711
    Josh Shapiro
    Yeah the "Tampon Tim" thing is interesting. The magats are spinning it as him requiring tampons be placed in boys restrooms in schools for the trans people. Totally untrue...the bill required no such thing. It required feminine products be made available to whomever needed them in schools.

Someone from MN had mentioned that some schools DID place those items in certain boys restrooms/locker rooms only because sometimes opposing teams (female) would use those locker rooms, etc., when visiting the school to play the local team.

A good example of how morons just jump to conclusions without exploring the topic.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • lindamarie73lindamarie73 Posts: 392
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:
    R's can't have it both ways. She was once painted as a ruthless AG that just locked everyone up and threw away the key. Now she's a "far left". 

Also, the "anti-semitic part of the party" is laughable. 

Minnesota was never in jeopardy. 
    Then Walz was probably the worst choice on the list for VP. 
    I think the reality is that the right is disappointed it isn't Shapiro because he would be an easier target for them. As a Minnesotan, I was hoping it wouldn't be Walz to keep him here, but he's a decent person who's dedicated his life to serving (military, teacher, politics) and isn't an elite. Shapiro has an elite edge to him that I don't think people would identify with as much here in the Midwest. Walz has the backing of unions and has shown he's for giving people of all backgrounds access to services to help promote equity across the board. What type of person is against giving women a right to choose, providing food for all children in need, lower med prices, infrastructure improvements and background checks for gun owners? Apparently you are.
    You forgot how Waltz let the local community express their frustrations for that bust-out George Floyd by not stopping the burning and looting sooner w/ the National Guard  in Minneapolis….Lori Lightfoot used the same reasoning in Shicago when the Guard was offered and passed and let that shitty burn.     Keep on voting Democrat, there will be nothing left for the tax payer….This DNC in Shitcago is going to be something 
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,108
    Gretchen Whitmer
    Seems there are two scenarios why right-wingers show up here. Either to gloat, when they have a perceived victory; or to mock, when they're scared. It's nice to see so much mockery from the right on here these days.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,986
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:
    R's can't have it both ways. She was once painted as a ruthless AG that just locked everyone up and threw away the key. Now she's a "far left". 

I think the reality is that the right is disappointed it isn't Shapiro because he would be an easier target for them. As a Minnesotan, I was hoping it wouldn't be Walz to keep him here, but he's a decent person who's dedicated his life to serving (military, teacher, politics) and isn't an elite. Shapiro has an elite edge to him that I don't think people would identify with as much here in the Midwest. Walz has the backing of unions and has shown he's for giving people of all backgrounds access to services to help promote equity across the board. What type of person is against giving women a right to choose, providing food for all children in need, lower med prices, infrastructure improvements and background checks for gun owners? Apparently you are.
    You forgot how Waltz let the local community express their frustrations for that bust-out George Floyd by not stopping the burning and looting sooner w/ the National Guard  in Minneapolis….Lori Lightfoot used the same reasoning in Shicago when the Guard was offered and passed and let that shitty burn.     Keep on voting Democrat, there will be nothing left for the tax payer….This DNC in Shitcago is going to be something 
    Have you been to Chicago? It’s a nice city. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,324
    Roy Cooper
    ^Someone missed the part where their orange savior applauded Walz's handling of the protests/riots in Minneapolis under tRump's presidency. Oops!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Josh Shapiro
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:

yeah tRump praised him for his actions related to the riots so...try again

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 736
    edited August 8
    njhaley1 said:
    njhaley1 said:
    "guy's jewish, you aren't allowed to insult him any way, lest you be anti-semitic". why is every bad trait considered anti-semitic, by the way? legit question. it seems that every insult imaginable is a "trope"
    The sneaky, disloyal, backstabbing jew is one of the oldest tropes out there. I'm an atheist and I know this. Study history, my friend. 

I know history, thanks. but just because the guy's jewish, doesn't make it automatically a jewish trope, my friend. 
    Then just say ya don't think he was a good fit. It's a very specific criticism given its history and S_C might want to reflect on that. 

Zero need to be divisive. I understand it has little impact on either of you as non-Americans, but it's important for us
    he can say it how he wants. it's not divisive. yes, I get it that some criticisms are more specific than others, and have a deep-rooted history of anti-semitism, but my god, we have gotten to the point where ANY criticism is claimed as such, and it's gotten fucking ridiculous. 
    I think we've drawn enough attention to it and I respectfully disagree. 

It was an ineloquent, insensitive comment, something I might expect from our former president and not an adult. Don't like his policies or history? Say it. 
    Post edited by njhaley1 on
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,108
    Gretchen Whitmer
    njhaley1 said:
    njhaley1 said:
    njhaley1 said:
    "guy's jewish, you aren't allowed to insult him any way, lest you be anti-semitic". why is every bad trait considered anti-semitic, by the way? legit question. it seems that every insult imaginable is a "trope"
    The sneaky, disloyal, backstabbing jew is one of the oldest tropes out there. I'm an atheist and I know this. Study history, my friend. 

I know history, thanks. but just because the guy's jewish, doesn't make it automatically a jewish trope, my friend. 
    Then just say ya don't think he was a good fit. It's a very specific criticism given its history and S_C might want to reflect on that. 

Zero need to be divisive. I understand it has little impact on either of you as non-Americans, but it's important for us
    he can say it how he wants. it's not divisive. yes, I get it that some criticisms are more specific than others, and have a deep-rooted history of anti-semitism, but my god, we have gotten to the point where ANY criticism is claimed as such, and it's gotten fucking ridiculous. 
    I think we've drawn enough attention to it and I respectfully disagree. 

It was an ineloquent, insensitive comment, something I might expect from our former president and not an adult. Don't like his policies or history? Say it. 
    I'm with you, however I think it was likely inadvertently insensitive, not intentional. I'd be curious to know from SC what makes him perceive Shapiro as untrustworthy, which would help clear this up for good.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,478
    Mark Kelly
    I don't know why the Swede is bashing Josh Shapiro. He's been a really good governor, working with the nation's only divided state legislature. (And that State Senate is highly obstructionist - they won't even pass a bill to prosecute child abuser clergy.) He recently secure almost $1B in additional public school funding. He has a couple of view points that I don't necessarily agree with, and I guess rubs some people the wrong way (Fetterman seems jealous to me - after his election was outshined by Shapiro's blowout). I mainly didn't want him to be the running mate so he would remain our governor. We have had a series of useless governors from both parties, just doing the bare minimum. I want Shapiro to build up a resume like Tim Walz has. I feel like he's just getting going. I'm right here, not across an ocean in a country that already has so many of the things that we need here. Governing PA is nothing like governing Sweden, I imagine. We've got huge swaths of territories that are hostile to Democrats, and Shapiro did fairly well out there running against a rabid Christo-Nationalist.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,214
    benjs said:
    Seems there are two scenarios why right-wingers show up here. Either to gloat, when they have a perceived victory; or to mock, when they're scared. It's nice to see so much mockery from the right on here these days.
    yep. they got nothing but grievance. and grievance does not play well with the regular, non maga people they need to vote for them.

love to see it.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    njhaley1 said:

the fact that someone is jewish does not make them absolutely immune to any kind of criticism either, no matter how benign.

i like shapiro, but i disagree with some of his statements, and that gave me some concern about what he might say or do as vp. 

if harris is 100% in the bag for bibi at this point in the campaign, then the young who are paying attention to what is happening in gaza may stay home, handing the election to trump. it was a strategic pick, and in my opinion, the correct pick.

Josh Shapiro
    njhaley1 said:

the fact that someone is jewish does not make them absolutely immune to any kind of criticism either, no matter how benign.

i like shapiro, but i disagree with some of his statements, and that gave me some concern about what he might say or do as vp. 

if harris is 100% in the bag for bibi at this point in the campaign, then the young who are paying attention to what is happening in gaza may stay home, handing the election to trump. it was a strategic pick, and in my opinion, the correct pick.
    yeah you can only imagine how maga would be attacking Shapiro's statements on Palestinians right now...best to avoid. 

njhaley1 said:

yeah you can only imagine how maga would be attacking Shapiro's statements on Palestinians right now...best to avoid. 
    maga is butthurt because the dems are picking their own candidates, not the ones maga wants to run against.

they replaced biden??? NOOOOOOO!!!!!! WAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

the didn't pick shapiro?? NOOOOOOO!!!!!! WAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

now we have to spend money and create a strategy to attack harris and walz!!!!! that is so unfair!!!!! WE ARE BEING TREATED VERY UNFAIRLY!!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    njhaley1 said:

maga is butthurt because the dems are picking their own candidates, not the ones maga wants to run against.

they replaced biden??? NOOOOOOO!!!!!! WAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

the didn't pick shapiro?? NOOOOOOO!!!!!! WAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

now we have to spend money and create a strategy to attack harris and walz!!!!! that is so unfair!!!!! WE ARE BEING TREATED VERY UNFAIRLY!!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!
    They are the last folks that should complain about playing fair the very last! Moscow Mitch is to blame 😂😂
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:

If you only knew…. Talk to me next week, we’ll see how nice it is…I hope the Police “stand down” and let the “peaceful protesters”  do what they do…
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,154
    Josh Shapiro
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:

If you only knew…. Talk to me next week, we’ll see how nice it is…I hope the Police “stand down” and let the “peaceful protesters”  do what they do…
    The protesters are going to be in support of your party....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,986
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:

If you answered the question, then I would know. 
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,478
    Mark Kelly
    We were in Chicago in June. It was lovely. But sure, just bash all our cities.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,694
    Pete Buttigieg
    We were in Chicago in June. It was lovely. But sure, just bash all our cities.
    I have been to Chicago many times over the years and have never had anything other than a great time.
    Great people
    Great breweries 
    Great restaurants 
    Great lake to run along
    Great concert crowds
    Terrible sports teams

But then again I don't stay at the 4 Seasons or the Ritz-Carlton so that might have something to do with my experience.
    tbergs said:
    teskeinc said:

The protesters are going to be in support of your party....
    We will see about that….I for see a bunch of pro Palestine protesters causing all sorts of schnanigans around the Windy City.  Oldman Daley will be rolling over in his grave. 
    But hey “peaceful protesters”, please don’t destroy too much of Chicago, we have a few PJ shows to attend the following week….
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,668
    Yeah the "Tampon Tim" thing is interesting. The magats are spinning it as him requiring tampons be placed in boys restrooms in schools for the trans people. Totally untrue...the bill required no such thing. It required feminine products be made available to whomever needed them in schools.

Someone from MN had mentioned that some schools DID place those items in certain boys restrooms/locker rooms only because sometimes opposing teams (female) would use those locker rooms, etc., when visiting the school to play the local team.

A good example of how morons just jump to conclusions without exploring the topic.
    Of all the people here, you love the idea of tampons in boys restrooms. Be honest with yourselves. On your Christmas list for left radicals, you’re asking Santa for tampons 1st or 2nd.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,635
    teskeinc said:

Of all the people here, you love the idea of tampons in boys restrooms. Be honest with yourselves. On your Christmas list for left radicals, you’re asking Santa for tampons 1st or 2nd.
    Whoa! Cheeky! I bet you don’t buy them if they’re on the grocery list, right? Might make your dick fall off, right?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Josh Shapiro
    teskeinc said:

I can't even begin to imagine what you do with those things.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,694
    Pete Buttigieg
    teskeinc said:

Just rhe fact that so many QtRUmplicans believe the foQsnooze tampon dogwhistles tells us a lot.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,635
    teskeinc said:

Just rhe fact that so many QtRUmplicans believe the foQsnooze tampon dogwhistles tells us a lot.
    I heard, and many people are saying, that because Governor Walz went to work for Kamala, that he’s been neutered and is in the process of transitioning. Kamala can only work with women under her and Tim is giving up his gender for power. It’s all so she can run in 8 years so that we have 16 years of female POTUSes and men will have to wear pink and be subservient to the master gender. There will no longer be men’s restrooms or sports. All gone.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,668
    teskeinc said:

I heard, and many people are saying, that because Governor Walz went to work for Kamala, that he’s been neutered and is in the process of transitioning. Kamala can only work with women under her and Tim is giving up his gender for power. It’s all so she can run in 8 years so that we have 16 years of female POTUSes and men will have to wear pink and be subservient to the master gender. There will no longer be men’s restrooms or sports. All gone.
    Project 2033?
  • teskeinc said:

I, for one, welcome our new Tampon Overlords, And as a local celebrity, can be trusted to round up all that oppose anti-tampon folks. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com