Kamala Harris VEEP Pick

Comments

• teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,668
    R's can't have it both ways. She was once painted as a ruthless AG that just locked everyone up and threw away the key. Now she's a "far left". 

Also, the "anti-semitic part of the party" is laughable. 

Minnesota was never in jeopardy. 
    Then Walz was probably the worst choice on the list for VP. 
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,478
    Mark Kelly
    Walz's record in Minnesota is fucking amazing. I hope Shapiro can come anywhere near that record. It certainly puts Gavin Newsome and (the nation's worst governor) Kathy Hochul to shame.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,642
    edited August 7
    teskeinc said:
    R's can't have it both ways. She was once painted as a ruthless AG that just locked everyone up and threw away the key. Now she's a "far left". 

I think the reality is that the right is disappointed it isn't Shapiro because he would be an easier target for them. As a Minnesotan, I was hoping it wouldn't be Walz to keep him here, but he's a decent person who's dedicated his life to serving (military, teacher, politics) and isn't an elite. Shapiro has an elite edge to him that I don't think people would identify with as much here in the Midwest. Walz has the backing of unions and has shown he's for giving people of all backgrounds access to services to help promote equity across the board. What type of person is against giving women a right to choose, providing food for all children in need, lower med prices, infrastructure improvements and background checks for gun owners? Apparently you are.
    Post edited by tbergs on
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,709
    Josh Shapiro

It's almost as if their argument is a tad....disingenuous 
    www.myspace.com

It's almost as if their argument is a tad....disingenuous 
    You think? It's just....weird. :lol:
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,342
    Walz's record in Minnesota is fucking amazing. I hope Shapiro can come anywhere near that record. It certainly puts Gavin Newsome and (the nation's worst governor) Kathy Hochul to shame.
    Amen 
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,108
    Gretchen Whitmer
    teskeinc said:

If only more Democrats listened to Republican operatives and trolls for advice, maybe they'd have picked a smarter choice, like JD Vance.  
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • KatKat Posts: 4,849
    Right now.

LIVE: Kamala Harris & Tim Walz hold JOINT RALLY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCYkA3vIu84

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,199
    Tim Waltz
    Kat said:
    Right now.

But the semi finals table tennis match between Sweden and Japan is now. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Tim Waltz
    teskeinc said:

Seems like from the response he was a pretty good choice. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • KatKat Posts: 4,849
    Kat said:
    Right now.

But the semi finals table tennis match between Sweden and Japan is now. 
    You can watch it later; it'll be up. Good luck on your match. 
    Falling down,...not staying down
    edited August 7
    Tim Waltz
    I think Kamala destroying Trump in a debate is obv certain. That will be embarassing for Trump. 

But people saying Walz would ”destroy” Vance I think will be disapointed. It will be the usual bubble-bias after the debate by both sides and youtube commentators and news outlets cutting out short clips saying their guy ”destroyed” the other one. I don’t think that will be as clear cut even with Walz having some singers and being the sane one. 
    teskeinc said:

Seems like from the response he was a pretty good choice. 
    I think you might be the only one that picked him. Person who started poll couldn’t even spell his name right. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,711
    Josh Shapiro
    I think Kamala destroying Trump in a debate is obv certain. That will be embarassing for Trump. 

But people saying Walz would ”destroy” Vance I think will be disapointed. It will be the usual bubble-bias after the debate by both sides and youtube commentators and news outlets cutting out short clips saying their guy ”destroyed” the other one. 
    Yeah and Vance challenged Harris to a debate today...you can see where that is going. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,214

But people saying Walz would ”destroy” Vance I think will be disapointed. It will be the usual bubble-bias after the debate by both sides and youtube commentators and news outlets cutting out short clips saying their guy ”destroyed” the other one. 
    Yeah and Vance challenged Harris to a debate today...you can see where that is going. 
    trump is gonna back out of the debate. such a manly strong man there.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,997
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,196
    teskeinc said:

suggest a listen to the first half of Tuesday's Bulwark podcast. I trust Steele's insight here....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    teskeinc said:

suggest a listen to the first half of Tuesday's Bulwark podcast. I trust Steele's insight here....
    Shapiro would have been a huge win for the Democrats. Everyone here knows it. Democrats fall in line and will support Walz fully, that’s what they do. This is every bit as bad of pick for the Democrats as Vance was for the Republicans, maybe worse. 
    edited August 8
    Tim Waltz
    teskeinc said:
    mickeyrat said:
    teskeinc said:

Shapiro would have been a huge win for the Democrats. Everyone here knows it. Democrats fall in line and will support Walz fully, that’s what they do. This is every bit as bad of pick for the Democrats as Vance was for the Republicans, maybe worse. 
    Shapiro comes off as the dude in the film that the audience know from the get-go will backstab the hero but is being played as being one of the good guys.

He's has Jay Mohr in Jerry Maguire vibes. 

Maybe he fooled Pennsylvania and you ( "Oh my god did that dude get Patrick Swayze killed and is now trying to get with shorthaired Demi Moore? I WOULD HAVE NEVER KNOWN!). But what data is there that he would have made a difference in the rest of the country that has actually seen Jerry Maguire (and is not a fan of labeling someone getting stabbed in neck like 20 times a suicide), more so than Walz?

Lol. Calling it a pick as bad or worse than Vance. Step back a bit.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    teskeinc said:
    mickeyrat said:
    teskeinc said:

Nope. Nice try though. 
    Josh Shapiro
    teskeinc said:
    mickeyrat said:
    teskeinc said:

www.myspace.com
    edited August 8
    Josh Shapiro
    Vance might go down as the worst running mate choice in history (with apologies to Sarah Palin) and my man just said Walz might be worse?!

hahahahahaha

https://www.newsweek.com/jd-vance-least-liked-vp-nominee-decades-polls-1929470

https://www.businessinsider.com/jd-vance-lowest-vice-president-approval-rating-republican-convention-2024-7

https://www.businessinsider.com/jd-vance-lowest-vice-president-approval-rating-republican-convention-2024-7

JD Vance breaks polling records in the worst way

Jul 24, 2024, 12:22 PM EDT
    Save
    JD Vance standing at a podium
    Sen. JD Vance has long polled behind other Republicans. Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images
    • JD Vance has a net-negative approval rating following the Republican National Convention, CNN found.
    • Since 2000, VP nominees typically have had a net-positive rating of 19 points after a convention.
    • Vance has long polled behind other Republicans, and some are questioning whether he was a wise pick.
    Insider Today
    Sign up to get the inside scoop on today’s biggest stories in markets, tech, and business — delivered daily. Read preview
    Email address
    By clicking “Sign Up”, you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. You can opt-out at any time by visiting our Preferences page or by clicking "unsubscribe" at the bottom of the email.

Vice-presidential nominees typically receive a ratings bump after their party's convention, but Sen. JD Vance is bucking the tradition.

On the heels of last week's Republican National Convention, the Ohio senator is the least-liked vice-presidential candidate since 1980, CNN found in a polling analysis. It noted the data applied to nonincumbents.

Since 2000, vice-presidential nominees typically have had a net-positive rating immediately following the convention, at plus 19 points. Vance, however, is polling at minus 6 points just one week after accepting the vice-presidential nomination and officially embarking on the campaign trail, the network found.

The freshman lawmaker's lower-than-normal approval ratings are not an anomaly, as Vance has long polled behind other Republicans.

Advertisement
    0 seconds of 15 secondsVolume 0%

Vance heavily underperformed in his 2022 Ohio Senate race, at least compared with how other Republicans performed in the state that year. Vance defeated his opponent, then-Democratic Rep. Tim Ryan, by only 6 percentage points. In comparison, Republican Gov. Mike DeWine crushed his Democratic opponent, former Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley, by 25 percentage points in that same cycle.

"The JD Vance pick makes no sense from a statistical polling perspective," Harry Enten, a CNN political-data reporter, said.

Vice President Kamala Harris' team sent out a press release gloating about the numbers.

"We'd like to be the first to congratulate JD Vance on making history as the least popular VP pick, well…ever," it said.

Advertisement

The press release went on to list some of Vance's policies, with the first one being his previous support for a nationwide abortion ban.

The Atlantic's Tim Alberta tweeted Monday that ever since President Joe Biden ended his reelection campaign and endorsed Harris to become the Democratic presidential nominee, some members of Trumpworld have questioned whether Vance remains a wise running mate. President Donald Trump faltered with suburban voters in 2020, and Vance's selection was widely seen as an appeal to base voters instead of one geared toward attracting more swing voters.

Trump's campaign spent months perfecting its attacks against Biden and has now had to shift its messaging, as Harris poses a different electoral threat from her predecessor. While Biden was struggling to rally young voters and minority voters around his reelection campaign, Harris is more popular with those groups and presents a major upside for Democrats, as they need a high Gen Z and millennial turnout to remain competitive in the key battleground states.

There's also evidence that Republicans will closely monitor polling over the next two weeks beyond Vance's low likability ratings, as a Trump pollster said Harris could get a numbers bump following her expected ascent to the top of the Democratic ticket.

www.myspace.com
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 736
    edited August 8
    teskeinc said:
    mickeyrat said:
    teskeinc said:

Shapiro comes off as the dude in the film that the audience know from the get-go will backstab the hero but is being played as being one of the good guys.
    He wasn't selected, drop the antisemitic trope. He supports the campaign and he's a great politician, he just didn't make the cut.

I'm not sure how you think it's helpful to tear him down like that. He's still the governor of Pennsylvania, and judging by the polling here he's well liked and would probably like to continue being a governor for a while.

And you may have already blocked me from my last response to you, I don't care. This isn't entirely for your consumption - others need to see that these comments aren't helpful, they're divisive and alienating. 

"we divide ourselves from you" 

Shapiro is a good man, he's just not the pick for VP on the ticket. 
    Post edited by njhaley1 on
  • "guy's jewish, you aren't allowed to insult him any way, lest you be anti-semitic". why is every bad trait considered anti-semitic, by the way? legit question. it seems that every insult imaginable is a "trope"
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

"guy's jewish, you aren't allowed to insult him any way, lest you be anti-semitic". why is every bad trait considered anti-semitic, by the way? legit question. it seems that every insult imaginable is a "trope"
    The sneaky, disloyal, backstabbing jew is one of the oldest tropes out there. I'm an atheist and I know this. Study history, my friend. 

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,711
    Josh Shapiro
    Vance might go down as the worst running mate choice in history (with apologies to Sarah Palin) and my man just said Walz might be worse?!

hahahahahaha

https://www.newsweek.com/jd-vance-least-liked-vp-nominee-decades-polls-1929470

JD Vance breaks polling records in the worst way

Jul 24, 2024, 12:22 PM EDT
    Save
    JD Vance standing at a podium
    Sen. JD Vance has long polled behind other Republicans. Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images
    • JD Vance has a net-negative approval rating following the Republican National Convention, CNN found.
    • Since 2000, VP nominees typically have had a net-positive rating of 19 points after a convention.
    • Vance has long polled behind other Republicans, and some are questioning whether he was a wise pick.
    Insider Today
    Sign up to get the inside scoop on today’s biggest stories in markets, tech, and business — delivered daily. Read preview
    Email address
    By clicking “Sign Up”, you accept our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. You can opt-out at any time by visiting our Preferences page or by clicking "unsubscribe" at the bottom of the email.

Vice-presidential nominees typically receive a ratings bump after their party's convention, but Sen. JD Vance is bucking the tradition.

On the heels of last week's Republican National Convention, the Ohio senator is the least-liked vice-presidential candidate since 1980, CNN found in a polling analysis. It noted the data applied to nonincumbents.

Since 2000, vice-presidential nominees typically have had a net-positive rating immediately following the convention, at plus 19 points. Vance, however, is polling at minus 6 points just one week after accepting the vice-presidential nomination and officially embarking on the campaign trail, the network found.

The freshman lawmaker's lower-than-normal approval ratings are not an anomaly, as Vance has long polled behind other Republicans.

Advertisement
    0 seconds of 15 secondsVolume 0%

Vance heavily underperformed in his 2022 Ohio Senate race, at least compared with how other Republicans performed in the state that year. Vance defeated his opponent, then-Democratic Rep. Tim Ryan, by only 6 percentage points. In comparison, Republican Gov. Mike DeWine crushed his Democratic opponent, former Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley, by 25 percentage points in that same cycle.

"The JD Vance pick makes no sense from a statistical polling perspective," Harry Enten, a CNN political-data reporter, said.

Vice President Kamala Harris' team sent out a press release gloating about the numbers.

"We'd like to be the first to congratulate JD Vance on making history as the least popular VP pick, well…ever," it said.

Advertisement

The press release went on to list some of Vance's policies, with the first one being his previous support for a nationwide abortion ban.

The Atlantic's Tim Alberta tweeted Monday that ever since President Joe Biden ended his reelection campaign and endorsed Harris to become the Democratic presidential nominee, some members of Trumpworld have questioned whether Vance remains a wise running mate. President Donald Trump faltered with suburban voters in 2020, and Vance's selection was widely seen as an appeal to base voters instead of one geared toward attracting more swing voters.

Trump's campaign spent months perfecting its attacks against Biden and has now had to shift its messaging, as Harris poses a different electoral threat from her predecessor. While Biden was struggling to rally young voters and minority voters around his reelection campaign, Harris is more popular with those groups and presents a major upside for Democrats, as they need a high Gen Z and millennial turnout to remain competitive in the key battleground states.

There's also evidence that Republicans will closely monitor polling over the next two weeks beyond Vance's low likability ratings, as a Trump pollster said Harris could get a numbers bump following her expected ascent to the top of the Democratic ticket.

You have to wonder if his previous comments about tRump are causing the bad approval ratings. Magats are an odd group...remember they would boo tRump for suggesting people should get the covid vaccine and/or wear a mask.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • teskeinc said:
    mickeyrat said:
    teskeinc said:

"democratic party is the party of disunity"
    "democrats fall in line, that's what they do"

so funny how people try to hard and terribly to have it both ways

www.headstonesband.com

• njhaley1 said:
    "guy's jewish, you aren't allowed to insult him any way, lest you be anti-semitic". why is every bad trait considered anti-semitic, by the way? legit question. it seems that every insult imaginable is a "trope"
    The sneaky, disloyal, backstabbing jew is one of the oldest tropes out there. I'm an atheist and I know this. Study history, my friend. 

I know history, thanks. but just because the guy's jewish, doesn't make it automatically a jewish trope, my friend. 

www.headstonesband.com

edited August 8
    njhaley1 said:

I know history, thanks. but just because the guy's jewish, doesn't make it automatically a jewish trope, my friend. 
    Then just say ya don't think he was a good fit, you don't like his policies, or were worried whatever scandal du jour would weigh the campaign down. It's a very oddly detailed and specific criticism given its history and S_C might want to reflect on that. 

Zero need to be divisive. I understand it has little impact on either of you as non-Americans, but it's important for us
    Post edited by njhaley1 on
  • njhaley1 said:
    njhaley1 said:

Then just say ya don't think he was a good fit. It's a very specific criticism given its history and S_C might want to reflect on that. 

Zero need to be divisive. I understand it has little impact on either of you as non-Americans, but it's important for us
    he can say it how he wants. it's not divisive. yes, I get it that some criticisms are more specific than others, and have a deep-rooted history of anti-semitism, but my god, we have gotten to the point where ANY criticism is claimed as such, and it's gotten fucking ridiculous. 

www.headstonesband.com