Kamala Harris VEEP Pick

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,709
    Josh Shapiro
    ^
    Hahaha...that is funny shit
    www.myspace.com
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    I’m surprised but certainly ok with it.  Shapiro made deals for school vouchers (big no for me) but no one’s perfect.  Supposedly when asked about what they wanted to accomplish as VP Shapiro had a list….Walz said whatever she wants him to do.  When asked about aspersions of becoming president someday Walz said no, Shapiro said yes.  
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,195
    brianlux said:
    Look, all these dudes had pluses and minuses. By all accounts she picked who she thought she could work with. 5is is a great choice and he has blue collar appeal. Plus he he projects the image of his accomplishments because he got shit done which is what people really want to see out of their politicians. 

My  immediate thought was (and that's all it is, just the first thing that came to my mind), "another old white guy".  I'm an old white guy, so this is no ageist thing, but it sure seems like a TON of people have complained (and rightly so, I think) about old white guys running the show.

I'm I wrong on this?  (I hope so.)

she's 59. he's 6 months older.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • DE4173DE4173 Posts: 618

1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,642
    DE4173 said:

Now they've got a campaign theme song :lol:
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    Josh Shapiro
    I’m surprised but certainly ok with it.  Shapiro made deals for school vouchers (big no for me) but no one’s perfect.  Supposedly when asked about what they wanted to accomplish as VP Shapiro had a list….Walz said whatever she wants him to do.  When asked about aspersions of becoming president someday Walz said no, Shapiro said yes.  
    Interesting...I can see that from someone like him. I hate to bring up Darth Cheney but he was a perfect VP in the sense that he was just there to sub in if needed. No desire to be POTUS but you get all the intel and info, etc. And in hindsight...I would take Cheney any day over that orange fuckface.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,214
    tbergs said:
    Just speculating here, but they must have crunched numbers and decided that it was best to save Shapiro for 4 - 8 years from now.
    could be...I do wonder if his statements on Palestinians might have hurt him. 
    my bet is they are what sunk his chances.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    DE4173 said:

lmao this is great!!

someone call the cornell estate right away!

Josh Shapiro
    tbergs said:
    Just speculating here, but they must have crunched numbers and decided that it was best to save Shapiro for 4 - 8 years from now.
    could be...I do wonder if his statements on Palestinians might have hurt him. 
    my bet is they are what sunk his chances.
    I saw some sexual harassment stuff popping up too but it didn't seem to have anything tied directly to Shapiro except that it was a former aide harassing an admin or something. That one seemed like a stretch. 

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    Interesting...I can see that from someone like him. I hate to bring up Darth Cheney but he was a perfect VP in the sense that he was just there to sub in if needed. No desire to be POTUS but you get all the intel and info, etc. And in hindsight...I would take Cheney any day over that orange fuckface.
    Boy isn’t that the truth!  
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,786
    DE4173 said:

Good photos help and these are great.  Excellent candidates are even better, and they are.  Feeling quite hopeful for a change!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,694
    edited August 6
    Pete Buttigieg
    Walz is killing it in this speech.

"These guys are creepy and just weird as hell"
    trump is fucked.

thank god. finally.

• lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 618

Most energized I’ve been about this party since prime Obama. I thought they were cooked a few weeks ago, can’t believe they spun that mess into this, total miracle, now just gotta keep the momentum going.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 

Most energized I’ve been about this party since prime Obama. I thought they were cooked a few weeks ago, can’t believe they spun that mess into this, total miracle, now just gotta keep the momentum going.
    it's been fun to watch. i hate how it went down with biden being pressured out, but i believe deep down he is seeing this and knows he made the right choice.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,694
    Pete Buttigieg

I feel the exact same way.
    3 weeks ago there was no energy and little interest.
    This is straight up 2008 Obama campaign and I'm  here for it.

I feel the exact same way.
    3 weeks ago there was no energy and little interest.
    This is straight up 2008 Obama campaign and I'm  here for it.
    yeah 3 weeks ago i actually posted "fuck the dems. i'm out" in one of these threads. what a huge difference 3 weeks makes. 

i was never in doubt that trump will lose, but he will lose badly now.

Josh Shapiro
    Fan-fucking-tastic roll out. Walz is great. 
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,478
    Mark Kelly
    Doh. Walz's couch joke went right over my head!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Josh Shapiro
    Doh. Walz's couch joke went right over my head!
    That was the best part!
    haha
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,460
    Josh Shapiro
    Loving what I’m seeing and reading about Walz.   And I love them poking at Trump and Vance.  You know it’s driving the orange one crazy.  
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,701
    Josh Shapiro
    trump is fucked.

thank god. finally.
    He is still a slight betting favorite.  While I like the complete change in momentum, it's still razor thin.
    Overconfidence is also the enemy.  People need to show.

It would be fantastic if Trump lost though.  He would be done.  It would be a massive losing streak and Republicans would really need to find a way out from under him.  He would also have no protection from his legal issues.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,360
    edited August 7
    Josh Shapiro
    68 is too old to be prez now? haha
    Yes. If it’s your first term and you plan to try for a second. 

It’s borderline for me for sure. 
    Post edited by cincybearcat on
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,199
    Tim Waltz
    Pearl Jam Barcelona night 1:

Pearl Jam Barcelona night 2:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 736
    edited August 7

it's been fun to watch. i hate how it went down with biden being pressured out, but i believe deep down he is seeing this and knows he made the right choice.
    You cannot convince me that this wasn't all planned, that Biden's week of prep wasn't actually prep to make him seem bewildered enough to push people to call for him to stand down, meanwhile the Kamala machine was getting tuned up behind the curtain and ready to roar out of the gates.

Trump and his merch army spends all sorts of time, money, and effort targeting FJB and Biden pulls the rug out under him after he's secured the ticket, named his running mate, and can't back out unless he's physically incapable of running.

I don't watch wrestling, but this seems like a classic wrestling ploy - straight out of the Vince McMahon playbook. By gawd that's Kamala's music! 
    Post edited by njhaley1 on
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,199
    Tim Waltz
    njhaley1 said:

You cannot convince me that this wasn't all planned, that Biden's week of prep wasn't actually prep to make him seem bewildered enough to push people to call for him to stand down, meanwhile the Kamala machine was getting tuned up behind the curtain and ready to roar out of the gates.

Trump and his merch army spends all sorts of time, money, and effort targeting FJB and Biden pulls the rug out under him after he's secured the ticket, named his running mate, and can't back out unless he's physically incapable of running.

I don't watch wrestling, but this seems like a classic wrestling ploy - straight out of the Vince McMahon playbook. By gawd that's Kamala's music! 
    Your post is ludicrous. 

But also, in wrestling they are all in on it with it being theatre. So you are saying that the republicans and the democrats came up with this together?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Josh Shapiro
    The difference in tone between a Harris rally and tRump rally is amazing. tRump is just moping around about being held accountable, crying about fake election fraud, doom and gloom as to how bad everything will be if he loses even though he lost four years ago, etc.

Those differences will magnify over the next 90 days as tRump gets more desperate and the polls start to slide against him. Internally he sees the writing on the wall.

• njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 736
    njhaley1 said:

Your post is ludicrous. 

But also, in wrestling they are all in on it with it being theatre. So you are saying that the republicans and the democrats came up with this together?
    I know English isn't your first language, but you gotta brush up on your reading comprehension. I apologize for being so blunt. 
    Josh Shapiro
    njhaley1 said:

I don't believe that at all...Biden doesn't need any help to make him seem bewildered. The debate performance should have convinced you of that.