Kamala Harris VEEP Pick

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,713
    Josh Shapiro
    Just think about how easy this could have been for tRump if he could only act normal. If he would have selected Burgum instead of Vance he would be running on a "business" ticket and if he could promote normal policies instead of just being a horses ass he wouldn't be where he is now.

The same reason why he lost four years ago. He fucked up the covid response and couldn't act like a normal republican. Instead he's telling fake stories about crashing helicopters and sharks.

He is incapable and unfit.

Burgum would have given the Wall Street types a fig leaf to hide behind.
    Covid: I still say that if he had trumpeted the vaccines' success, urged everyone to get vaccinated, and taken full credit for the vaccines' development, he would have been re-elected. I wouldn't have been happy about that, at all, but positing himself as the nation's hero who saved the people from Covid probably would have worked.
    completely agree....all he had to do was act like a human being. Instead we got captain fuckface and we are still having to listen to magats say how stupid masking was even though it started under fuckface
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,713
    Josh Shapiro
    The one thing I will give Trump credit on is Operation Warp Speed. With the rapid testing of mRNA vaccines and their subsequent success, we basically had the largest test trial of a vaccine and advanced healthcare forward a decade. Look at all the mRNa clinical research that’s going on. That’s a big success. But he won’t promote it because MAGAs are weird about vaccines and Covid times. Probably the only significant positive development of his presidency 
    agreed...and that was why it was so baffling that he abandoned the success and went full blown conspiracy on his own decisions.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,987
    Josh Shapiro
    The Teskiniec post highlights everything that’s wrong with the political discourse in the US right now (probably the world too). Everybody has an opinion about feminine hygiene products in boys bathrooms, whether they care or if it affects them or not. Save the people it actually affects, it’s not a real issue. But economic policy IS a real issue that affects all of us at almost every level. But it’s complex to talk about and it’s not fun or visceral unlike getting pissed about free tampons. It’s easier to have an opinion about tampons and politicians and the cable media 2ants us to talk about that because it gets eyeballs and prevents us from talking bout not sexy issues like monetary policy. 

This leads to the culture shit and uninformed opinions and allows con artists like Trump or MAGA or Hannity or whoever to manipulate people s opinions. 
    my tattoo guy was talking about tampons yesterday too. 

You know, a big part of why I've always considered myself a small-c conservative probably is due to my Midwestern upbringing. Tim Walz's "Mind your own damn business" is pretty deeply ingrained into who I am, and in the before times I bristled at Democrats' "nanny state" policies, and I still get my back up when anyone tries to meddle in my life and how I live it.

As a member of the minority of people posting here who actually (still, G-d help me) menstruate, I have some thoughts:

1) Women, generally, carry feminine hygiene products with them wherever they go, "just in case." That "just in case" could mean that another woman finds herself caught unprepared -- teen and pre-teen girls in particular might not have regular cycles or might not have internalized the need to carry products with them -- or they might have run out, etc.

2) In case your wives/ girlfriends haven't told you this, our cycles get pretty random at different points in our lives, and our own needs might outstrip what we have with us.

2a) Also, I think most of us live in fear of wearing light-colored clothing at certain times. And having visible bloodstains on our clothes is mortifying -- that's pretty obvious, right?

3) The Daily Show had a pretty good take on "tampons in the boys' bathrooms" the other night: If you have any 10-12 year-old boys in your life, or if you remember being one, you know that what's most likely to happen is: someone will try to rip the tampon dispenser off the wall and flush it down the toilet, or one of the weirder kids will stuff two tampons up his nose and pretend to be a walrus. Seriously -- I have two boys, and that sounds about right to me. They're not going to "turn trans" or anything else absurd because they came within ten feet of a tampon. When I was in seventh grade, one of the more scatter-brained girls in my class left her bag somewhere; the boys got into it and pilfered her supply of panty liners. A few hours later, colorfully decorated panty liners were stuck to walls, doorways, and beams all over school. Somehow, we all survived the trauma.

3a) I know damn well that my son keeps feminine hygiene products in his apartment for his girlfriend. Writer and activist Charlotte Clymer, who is a transwoman, carries tampons even though she doesn't have periods (no uterus = no periods). Why? Because sometimes she finds herself in a poorly stocked women's bathroom and another woman is in need of emergency supplies. 

4) Tampons, pads, etc. are expensive! And children are starting puberty earlier than they did back in the dark ages, when we were young. If girls are getting their periods at age nine or ten, then elementary schools need to be prepared for that. And in this situation, tampons/ pads, like free lunches and breakfasts, are helping poor children who otherwise wouldn't be able to go to school or to function well in school; it's kind of disgusting that anyone would get worked up about that. 

In short, if Republicans would get out of my -- and everyone else's -- vagina, I sure would appreciate it.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,766
    The Teskiniec post highlights everything that’s wrong with the political discourse in the US right now (probably the world too). Everybody has an opinion about feminine hygiene products in boys bathrooms, whether they care or if it affects them or not. Save the people it actually affects, it’s not a real issue. But economic policy IS a real issue that affects all of us at almost every level. But it’s complex to talk about and it’s not fun or visceral unlike getting pissed about free tampons. It’s easier to have an opinion about tampons and politicians and the cable media 2ants us to talk about that because it gets eyeballs and prevents us from talking bout not sexy issues like monetary policy. 

This leads to the culture shit and uninformed opinions and allows con artists like Trump or MAGA or Hannity or whoever to manipulate people s opinions. 

You know, a big part of why I've always considered myself a small-c conservative probably is due to my Midwestern upbringing. Tim Walz's "Mind your own damn business" is pretty deeply ingrained into who I am, and in the before times I bristled at Democrats' "nanny state" policies, and I still get my back up when anyone tries to meddle in my life and how I live it.

As a member of the minority of people posting here who actually (still, G-d help me) menstruate, I have some thoughts:

1) Women, generally, carry feminine hygiene products with them wherever they go, "just in case." That "just in case" could mean that another woman finds herself caught unprepared -- teen and pre-teen girls in particular might not have regular cycles or might not have internalized the need to carry products with them -- or they might have run out, etc.

2) In case your wives/ girlfriends haven't told you this, our cycles get pretty random at different points in our lives, and our own needs might outstrip what we have with us.

2a) Also, I think most of us live in fear of wearing light-colored clothing at certain times. And having visible bloodstains on our clothes is mortifying -- that's pretty obvious, right?

3) The Daily Show had a pretty good take on "tampons in the boys' bathrooms" the other night: If you have any 10-12 year-old boys in your life, or if you remember being one, you know that what's most likely to happen is: someone will try to rip the tampon dispenser off the wall and flush it down the toilet, or one of the weirder kids will stuff two tampons up his nose and pretend to be a walrus. Seriously -- I have two boys, and that sounds about right to me. They're not going to "turn trans" or anything else absurd because they came within ten feet of a tampon. When I was in seventh grade, one of the more scatter-brained girls in my class left her bag somewhere; the boys got into it and pilfered her supply of panty liners. A few hours later, colorfully decorated panty liners were stuck to walls, doorways, and beams all over school. Somehow, we all survived the trauma.

3a) I know damn well that my son keeps feminine hygiene products in his apartment for his girlfriend. Writer and activist Charlotte Clymer, who is a transwoman, carries tampons even though she doesn't have periods (no uterus = no periods). Why? Because sometimes she finds herself in a poorly stocked women's bathroom and another woman is in need of emergency supplies. 

4) Tampons, pads, etc. are expensive! And children are starting puberty earlier than they did back in the dark ages, when we were young. If girls are getting their periods at age nine or ten, then elementary schools need to be prepared for that. And in this situation, tampons/ pads, like free lunches and breakfasts, are helping poor children who otherwise wouldn't be able to go to school or to function well in school; it's kind of disgusting that anyone would get worked up about that. 

In short, if Republicans would get out of my -- and everyone else's -- vagina, I sure would appreciate it.
    I think the really weird part of it is how intimidated men are about menstrual periods and tampons/pads. Grown men will act like backwards preteens at the thought of anything related to it. I have been married 32 years and back when we first got married, my wife asked me to pick up tampons and pads from the Naval base store I was making a shopping run at. There were multiple guys who gave me strange looks or made comments about me buying them, it was unreal. We raised 2 daughters to adulthood and I couldn't even keep track of the amount  times I bought those products for my wife and daughters. It was not unusual to get weird looks by guys. If they were too embarrassed to buy them for the females in their lives, that was their hang up not mine. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,415
    Seems like Deep red Utah also has a tampon law very similar to Minnesota. I don’t remember repubs being mad when it passed.  https://www.upr.org/utah-news/2022-08-23/free-period-products-available-to-public-school-students-beginning-this-semester
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,281
    pjhawks said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mace1229 said:
    teskeinc said:
    Yeah the "Tampon Tim" thing is interesting. The magats are spinning it as him requiring tampons be placed in boys restrooms in schools for the trans people. Totally untrue...the bill required no such thing. It required feminine products be made available to whomever needed them in schools.

Someone from MN had mentioned that some schools DID place those items in certain boys restrooms/locker rooms only because sometimes opposing teams (female) would use those locker rooms, etc., when visiting the school to play the local team.

A good example of how morons just jump to conclusions without exploring the topic.
    Of all the people here, you love the idea of tampons in boys restrooms. Be honest with yourselves. On your Christmas list for left radicals, you’re asking Santa for tampons 1st or 2nd.
    of course you would not know this, but the reason SOME, not ALL of the boys restrooms had tampon machines is because some of those restrooms were used as locker/changing rooms for female teams from other schools to use during sporting events, particularly tournaments when there were many women's teams there. but your news sources would never tell you that.
    Where are you getting that information?
    That doesn’t make sense because in all the schools I’ve worked at I’ve never heard of boys lockerooms being opened to female students for games. I’m not saying it never happens, but it’s got to be pretty rare and a huge liability. Male students and faculty may not be aware and walk in. It’s just not something most schools I think would do.
    So I tried looking it up. I couldn’t find one mention of it. Instead, I keep seeing language like this in nearly every article:
    ”The law’s text also says the products must be available to “all menstruating students in restrooms regularly used by students in grades 4 to 12, according to a plan developed by the school district.” That would include both boys, girls and gender-neutral bathrooms.”
    https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/verify/government-verify/tim-walz-minnesota-public-schools-bathrooms-tampons-period-products-law-tampontim-fact-check/536-0892fdf5-6030-41ee-9168-1e9141aa7a86#

You find find a link to the bill in the article. No mention of sports.
    It was clearly aimed at transgender students, not athletes in a tournament, and all bathrooms, not some, and as early as 4th grade.
    one of 28 states to require it

Sure, and no one denies that.
    Although I don’t believe all 28 require them in boys bathrooms, just that they are available. Which makes much more sense.
    The criticism of this bill is that the law specifies must be available in all restrooms regularly used by students.
    No one argues products being available at the counselors or nurses office. But loading them up in 4th grade boys bathrooms does seem unnecessary.
    And claiming it’s for girl athletes when the girls bathrooms are not big enough to host events seems to me like admitting it’s a dumb idea to just place them in all bathrooms when you rationalize it with something that isn’t accurate.
    No one wants to deny students hygiene products, trans or not. Making them available in all restrooms 4th and up though is a different story.

tell me, teach. what should transboys do if/when gender neutral bathroom is in use or empty of said products?
    further, would encourage searching for the text of the bill and rely on that.

btw, mn dem house/senate crafted this. he signed.

What did they do in the hundreds of years before this law, young grasshopper?
    Grab one from a female bathroom, the nurse, the counseling office, etc. It's not an either/or boys bathroom or bleed everywhere type of situation. 

The text of the bill is very short:

Section 1. 

[121A.212] ACCESS TO MENSTRUAL PRODUCTS.

A school district or charter school must provide students with access to menstrual products 
    at no charge. The products must be available to all menstruating students in restrooms 
    regularly used by students in grades 4 to 12 according to a plan developed by the school 
    district. For purposes of this section, "menstrual products" means pads, tampons, or other 
    similar products used in connection with the menstrual cycle.

Saw a great meme a few weeks ago.  Dad driving his daughter and says he is sick of these gender neutral bathrooms and the girls look at him and says 'like the one at home?.'    so perfect.  who gives a shift if their tampons in a boys room.

and yes in high school there were times where it was possible we had to use the girls locker room in some road games.
    Every gender neutral bathroom I've been in was a single stall. 
    When people say they're tired of gender neutral bathrooms, they're not talking about the ones we have have home. They're unfomfortable with the large bathrooms and no regulations on who uses them. Now, I agree it isn't as broad of an issue as it's made out to be, but that's what they're talking about. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,786

I think the really weird part of it is how intimidated men are about menstrual periods and tampons/pads. Grown men will act like backwards preteens at the thought of anything related to it. I have been married 32 years and back when we first got married, my wife asked me to pick up tampons and pads from the Naval base store I was making a shopping run at. There were multiple guys who gave me strange looks or made comments about me buying them, it was unreal. We raised 2 daughters to adulthood and I couldn't even keep track of the amount  times I bought those products for my wife and daughters. It was not unusual to get weird looks by guys. If they were too embarrassed to buy them for the females in their lives, that was their hang up not mine. 
    That is unreal!  Seriously, what is wrong withe these uptight guys?  I have been married three times (third time the charm!) and have previously purchased tampons and pads for all three of those wonderful women and had no issue with doing that whatsoever.  Why would any man have a problem with that?  I've never seen any sign on the isle that said "Women Only"  or, "Warning, if you are a male and purchase feminine hygiene products you will either be subjected to riduclue and interogation, or declared to be gay."  Is this what goes through the mind of these weak, moronic, or otherwise socially maladjusted men? 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,641
    That's why I'm so curious what they think about tRump's helicopter lie.

Michael Che’s neighbor, Willie, and Newsome are all lying to cover for Kamala, who’s really Pakistani, many people are saying, and is going to turn Murica into a Islamist state, imposing genital mutilation on middle schoolers.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,766
    brianlux said:

That is unreal!  Seriously, what is wrong withe these uptight guys?  I have been married three times (third time the charm!) and have previously purchased tampons and pads for all three of those wonderful women and had no issue with doing that whatsoever.  Why would any man have a problem with that?  I've never seen any sign on the isle that said "Women Only"  or, "Warning, if you are a male and purchase feminine hygiene products you will either be subjected to riduclue and interogation, or declared to be gay."  Is this what goes through the mind of these weak, moronic, or otherwise socially maladjusted men? 

I don't know, but on occasion I would answer them that I was experiencing heavier than normal flow that month, and it usually shut them up.  
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,324
    Roy Cooper

I agree with you completely. I never had any issue with buying those for my better half. It always amazed me that it was a "thing." Even female cashiers have made comments. I'm just thinking what's the big deal?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,642

I agree with you completely. I never had any issue with buying those for my better half. It always amazed me that it was a "thing." Even female cashiers have made comments. I'm just thinking what's the big deal?
    Too many parents instill this taboo awkwardness in their kids around normal bodily functions for both men and women, but especially for men around the topic of menstruation. It's like, oh my god, a reference to a vagina in a non sexual way, oh no, but then these same men will objectify a woman's body every other way. Probably the same individuals who missed out on the birth of their child. We know several families like this who take the approach of ignorance and act like these things don't exist. It's really unfortunate. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    Just think about how easy this could have been for tRump if he could only act normal. If he would have selected Burgum instead of Vance he would be running on a "business" ticket and if he could promote normal policies instead of just being a horses ass he wouldn't be where he is now.

The same reason why he lost four years ago. He fucked up the covid response and couldn't act like a normal republican. Instead he's telling fake stories about crashing helicopters and sharks.

He is incapable and unfit.

Burgum would have given the Wall Street types a fig leaf to hide behind.
    Covid: I still say that if he had trumpeted the vaccines' success, urged everyone to get vaccinated, and taken full credit for the vaccines' development, he would have been re-elected. I wouldn't have been happy about that, at all, but positing himself as the nation's hero who saved the people from Covid probably would have worked.
    I definitely agree.  What an opportunity thrown away….zero to hero.  Just proves how twisted his mind and personality really are and how ignorant he is about humans.  
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,324
    Roy Cooper
    tbergs said:

Too many parents instill this taboo awkwardness in their kids around normal bodily functions for both men and women, but especially for men around the topic of menstruation. It's like, oh my god, a reference to a vagina in a non sexual way, oh no, but then these same men will objectify a woman's body every other way. Probably the same individuals who missed out on the birth of their child. We know several families like this who take the approach of ignorance and act like these things don't exist. It's really unfortunate. 
    I think you hit the nail on the head here. Like the whole topic is meant to be discussed in a whisper behind closed doors amongst a mother and a daughter.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    tbergs said:

I think you hit the nail on the head here. Like the whole topic is meant to be discussed in a whisper behind closed doors amongst a mother and a daughter.
    I have two sons.  I never hid anything from them.  I hated that my parents told me nothing about every thing.  My daughter-in-law was impressed that the “girly” stuff didn’t bother him.  

I can’t even believe tampon dispensers are an issue.  
  • to be fair, many people grew up this way, so it's not easy, I'd imagine, to break that cycle. I didn't grow up that way, but many did. And it's obvious who. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

to be fair, many people grew up this way, so it's not easy, I'd imagine, to break that cycle. I didn't grow up that way, but many did. And it's obvious who. 
    Well you’re right there!  I didn’t breastfeed but my DIL did and when she started feeding right in front of my husband at the hospital you should have seen his face!  He asked if he should leave and she was like “no may as well get used to it”. He got over it though!  Didn’t faze my son at all that his dad was in the room!  

I hope the cashiers were impressed!  
    brianlux said:

I don't know, but on occasion I would answer them that I was experiencing heavier than normal flow that month, and it usually shut them up.  
    Perfect! 
  • to be fair, many people grew up this way, so it's not easy, I'd imagine, to break that cycle. I didn't grow up that way, but many did. And it's obvious who. 
    Well you’re right there!  I didn’t breastfeed but my DIL did and when she started feeding right in front of my husband at the hospital you should have seen his face!  He asked if he should leave and she was like “no may as well get used to it”. He got over it though!  Didn’t faze my son at all that his dad was in the room!  
    I'm all about the comfort of the woman. I mean, I can't imagine having to breastfeed a baby several times a day, often struggling to do so, and not only having people gawk at you, but most of the time feeling like you have to leave or cover yourself and the baby, making the baby and yourself hot as an oven. Even my wife's best female friends breastfed in front of me. They often said "you don't mind?" like I was an alien. Couldn't care less. Also didn't care when my wife had to whip one out to feed our daughters. Babies gotta eat. 

www.headstonesband.com

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,281

How many people does putting tampons in bathrooms actually help though? We're talking about females who identify/transitioned into males, who aren't taking any medication that would prevent their period, and who rely on school for period products. I have no idea, but that's got to be a really low number, like 0.1% of the population who fits all that?
    So instead of telling that maybe 1 student who would actually use the tampons in the boys bathroom to go to the counseling office or nurse instead, the answer is to put tampons everywhere.
    Just seems like a huge waste of money to install and maintain dispensers when no one probably even needs it anyway. Especially starting in the 4th grade. If they were around when I was in high school I'm sure the game would be how many tampons can you tie to your friends backpack without them noticing. And they'd probably run out faster in the boys room than the girls. Just seems like a waste of money and a wrong area of focus when there's so many other things in education that deserve attention and when alternate solutions are available. 
    I think it’s what someone else said….visiting teams may have to use boys bathrooms, schools hold tournaments…..and yes, a fourth grade girl can begin to menstruate.  I believe the optimal age for a girl to have a child starts in their late teens.  

this shit is evolution baby….get over it 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,641
    Someone is threatened by feminine hygiene product dispensers in boys rooms and co-ed, gender neutral bathrooms? Really? 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • mace1229 said:

How many people does putting tampons in bathrooms actually help though? We're talking about females who identify/transitioned into males, who aren't taking any medication that would prevent their period, and who rely on school for period products. I have no idea, but that's got to be a really low number, like 0.1% of the population who fits all that?
    So instead of telling that maybe 1 student who would actually use the tampons in the boys bathroom to go to the counseling office or nurse instead, the answer is to put tampons everywhere.
    Just seems like a huge waste of money to install and maintain dispensers when no one probably even needs it anyway. Especially starting in the 4th grade. If they were around when I was in high school I'm sure the game would be how many tampons can you tie to your friends backpack without them noticing. And they'd probably run out faster in the boys room than the girls. Just seems like a waste of money and a wrong area of focus when there's so many other things in education that deserve attention and when alternate solutions are available. 
    asking people to sacrifice their privacy isn't the answer either. If it helps even one kid feel "normal", then I'm all for it. 

www.headstonesband.com

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,709
    Josh Shapiro

These magas are obsessed with culture war shit like this that will, in all likelihood, have zero impact on their lives. It's incredible. 

You nailed it. It's just easier for them to get riled up over red meat stuff  as opposed to objectively thinking about Trump's proposed policies. That guy mentioned inflation being an issue he cares about. I wonder if he's even thought about what the effect of a 10% tariff on imports, while deporting 20 million people at the same time, would have on inflation. Or maybe he has thought about it but doesn't want to admit it...so he lunges back towards the easy red meat transgender nonsense. 

www.myspace.com
    Josh Shapiro

These magas are obsessed with culture war shit like this that will, in all likelihood, have zero impact on their lives. It's incredible. 

You nailed it. It's just easier for them to get riled up over red meat stuff  as opposed to objectively thinking about Trump's proposed policies. That guy mentioned inflation being an issue he cares about. I wonder if he's even thought about what the effect of a 10% tariff on imports, while deporting 20 million people at the same time, would have on inflation. Or maybe he has thought about it but doesn't want to admit it...so he lunges back towards the easy red meat transgender nonsense. 

Well, T---p thinks presidents should be able to control interest rates, so... I guess he thinks he can just wave his hands and macroeconomic issues will resolve themselves?
    Deporting 20 million people: by whom?? to where?? You can't just send them back to Amazon or something. Are we supposed to divert the military to act domestically (yikes!) to round up suspicious-looking brown people? And how are we going to force Guatemala or Honduras to accept these people? And how do they plan to determine the country of origin for each of these 20 million people?
    In so many of these examples of T---p's "policies," the interim steps -- you know, the work -- between hatching an idea and realizing full implementation of the idea -- seem to be missing. See: mass deportations, building an impenetrable wall, fixing inflation/the economy/China, banning pornography, etc. ad infinitum.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC Posts: 2,635
    Pete Buttigieg
    But if we elect another democrat, we're headed into another World War...another tidbit from the playbook of Trump. 
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
    Josh Shapiro
    Ah, because he's best buds with Kim and Xi and Putin? All the best people?
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC Posts: 2,635
    Pete Buttigieg
    Ah, because he's best buds with Kim and Xi and Putin? All the best people?

Yep that whole circle jerk club.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,709
    edited August 9
    Josh Shapiro

Well, T---p thinks presidents should be able to control interest rates, so... I guess he thinks he can just wave his hands and macroeconomic issues will resolve themselves?
    Deporting 20 million people: by whom?? to where?? You can't just send them back to Amazon or something. Are we supposed to divert the military to act domestically (yikes!) to round up suspicious-looking brown people? And how are we going to force Guatemala or Honduras to accept these people? And how do they plan to determine the country of origin for each of these 20 million people?
    In so many of these examples of T---p's "policies," the interim steps -- you know, the work -- between hatching an idea and realizing full implementation of the idea -- seem to be missing. See: mass deportations, building an impenetrable wall, fixing inflation/the economy/China, banning pornography, etc. ad infinitum.

I work in mortgages and you would be surprised how many people believe the president has that kind of control. It is really sad that so many people have, seemingly, given up on just learning about basic shit. Some of them I've even asked if the president has that much control, why in the hell did Biden let them get so high for so long? Why wouldn't he have just lowered them for his own political benefit? They never have an answer for it. 

here--some of the idiots I talk with daily:
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/300583/im-a-white-american/p1
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,856
    Josh Shapiro
    mace1229 said:

Probably. But at the end of the day, it’s not really a big issue. Who really cares. I don’t flip my shit when there’s a baby changing station in a bathroom at the expense of a urinal. But I get that people need it. It’s compassionate and there’s nothing wrong with that. Cost wise, I’m sure it’s incredibly small potatoes. We waste so much more money doing other stuff.