** KAMALA HARRIS FOR PRESIDENT -PART DEUX **

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,375
    Huh. 
    This the problem with a man as corrupt as Trump. His charity being shuttered for fraud just gets completely blindsided by all the other corruption he's involved with and then nobody talks about it anymore.....yet people are about to dig way further into Harris' past over the next few months. Such a double standard. 
    It's ridiculous. If that were Kamala they would be going on 24/7 about that and it would destroy her.

Makes no fucking sense why this fuckface is even in the race.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,375
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    CM189191 said:
    PJ5a1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJ5a1 said:
    PJ5a1 said:
    Can someone please outline 5 accomplishments of Harris' VP tenure? 
    Well here’s one biggie. She cast the tiebreaker vote for the Inflation Reduction Act, the largest legislation to fight climate change in world history. Which is apropos since she has been an environmental champion for decades. 

Casting a tie breaker isn't an accomplishment rofl what kind of  thinks that is an accomplishelment
    You're obviously not here to be engaged in serious discussion, and you're only here to push your agenda. Juggs posted a list of 30 things she accomplished, which you obviously didn't click on.
    That is incorrect sir - I would really like to know 5 legit things she accomplished in her tenure as VP.

However, I will say, many are so blinded by a "party" that regardless of the candidate they will just throw support their way. Again, I am voting for Trump. I don't agree with everything. I know he's failed in some key areas. I know he's been successful in key areas.

For Harris, I really don't understand how anyone can be ok with her being given the candidacy without proper process and voice from the American people.   How does one go from not being able to gain one delegate to now being given the opportunity for one of the most powerful positions on the planet.  Her track record as a DA, her track record as a Senator and of course her job with the border were very underwhelming and concerning for me.

You can just say you don't understand the role of the Vice President.
    Instead of continuing to embarrass yourself. 

Delegates to the constitutional convention approved establishing the office, with both its executive and senatorial functions, not many understood the office, and so they gave the vice president few duties and little power.
    1. "President of the Senate", authorizing the vice president to preside over Senate meetings. 
    2. As president of the Senate, the vice president may preside over most impeachment trials of federal officers, although the Constitution does not specifically require it.
    3. The vice president, in their capacity as the president of the Senate, receives the Electoral College votes, and then, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, opens the sealed votes
    4. The vice president takes over the "powers and duties" of the presidency in the event of a president's removal, death, resignation, or inability.
    5. Acting president for situations where the president is temporarily or permanently unable to lead.  (When invoked on November 19, 2021, Kamala Harris became the first woman in U.S. history to have presidential powers and duties.)

To your point , Vice President Kamala Harris has fulfilled each and every one of the responsibilities with dignity & integrity.  

(personal comment removed by admin)
    I appreciate you throwing insults my way. You are proving the point of having a discussion is not possible with most of you.

How did she fare when tasked to get to the root cause of our immigration problems? How did she fare in immigration reform? She is part of the administration, correct? This would mean she is part of the problem, correct? 

You make a lot of assumptions here:

For starters, I'm sure we disagree on what "immigration problems' means.
    And what "immigration reform" looks like.

PJ5a1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJ5a1 said:
    PJ5a1 said:
    Can someone please outline 5 accomplishments of Harris' VP tenure? 
    Well here’s one biggie. She cast the tiebreaker vote for the Inflation Reduction Act, the largest legislation to fight climate change in world history. Which is apropos since she has been an environmental champion for decades. 

Casting a tie breaker isn't an accomplishment rofl what kind of  thinks that is an accomplishelment
    You're obviously not here to be engaged in serious discussion, and you're only here to push your agenda. Juggs posted a list of 30 things she accomplished, which you obviously didn't click on.
    That is incorrect sir - I would really like to know 5 legit things she accomplished in her tenure as VP.

However, I will say, many are so blinded by a "party" that regardless of the candidate they will just throw support their way. Again, I am voting for Trump. I don't agree with everything. I know he's failed in some key areas. I know he's been successful in key areas.

For Harris, I really don't understand how anyone can be ok with her being given the candidacy without proper process and voice from the American people.   How does one go from not being able to gain one delegate to now being given the opportunity for one of the most powerful positions on the planet.  Her track record as a DA, her track record as a Senator and of course her job with the border were very underwhelming and concerning for me.

Delegates to the constitutional convention approved establishing the office, with both its executive and senatorial functions, not many understood the office, and so they gave the vice president few duties and little power.
    1. "President of the Senate", authorizing the vice president to preside over Senate meetings. 
    2. As president of the Senate, the vice president may preside over most impeachment trials of federal officers, although the Constitution does not specifically require it.
    3. The vice president, in their capacity as the president of the Senate, receives the Electoral College votes, and then, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, opens the sealed votes
    4. The vice president takes over the "powers and duties" of the presidency in the event of a president's removal, death, resignation, or inability.
    5. Acting president for situations where the president is temporarily or permanently unable to lead.  (When invoked on November 19, 2021, Kamala Harris became the first woman in U.S. history to have presidential powers and duties.)

To your point , Vice President Kamala Harris has fulfilled each and every one of the responsibilities with dignity & integrity.  

(personal comment removed by admin)
    I appreciate you throwing insults my way. You are proving the point of having a discussion is not possible with most of you.

How did she fare when tasked to get to the root cause of our immigration problems? How did she fare in immigration reform? She is part of the administration, correct? This would mean she is part of the problem, correct? 

Well, go on then....

What's your problem with immigration?
    What reforms would you like to see?

Here, I'll even try to point you in the right direction:

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/documents/2024-republican-party-platform
    https://democrats.org/where-we-stand/party-platform/creating-a-21st-century-immigration-system/

...don't forget to show your math
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,676

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,545
    Don’t mistake excitement, righteousness and motivation for confidence. We know there’s a slight uphill battle. 
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,941
    And the person not even in the race has a 5% chance of winning. Seems ligit. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,593

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

Oh I bet they’re all registering as republicans to counter all the mush for brains who will vote for Harris.  Thought I’d get it out of the way for them.  

But seriously, where do we find out the party breakdown?  
    edited July 24
    Its totally legit has processed hundreds
    of millions of $ in wagers. Obama Still has not endorsed Kamala so people could be betting on a long shot…

Can bet $2000 to win $100 she not the next president😬
    Post edited by Indifference on

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

of millions of $ in wagers. Obama Still has not endorsed Kamala so people could be betting on a long shot…
    He waits till she’s formerly nominated.  He did that with Biden as well as to not influence the election prior to the convention.  Afterwards….its game on 
    Is it just me or have things gotten quiet around here?  
    This thread? Forum? Board? 
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,941
    as in the hit and runs from the right wingers? 
    Yes
    Nope it’s usually an echo chamber

Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

I’m sure something will fire them up in no time
  • sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774
    US NEWS 
    EXCLUSIVE

Obama doesn’t believe Kamala Harris can beat Trump, which is why he hasn’t endorsed her: sources

By 
    Isabel Vincent and Jon Levine
    Published July 24, 2024, 5:09 p.m. ET

Former president Barack Obama hasn’t endorsed Kamala Harris’ presidential bid because he doesn’t think she can beat Donald Trump, according to a source close to the Biden family.

Following Joe Biden’s shock resignation from the race on Sunday, and his immediate endorsement of the vice president, most of the Democratic elite have been quick to rally behind Harris — but Obama is a notable exception.

“Obama’s very upset because he knows she can’t win,” the Biden family source told The Post.

“Obama knows she’s just incompetent — the border czar who never visited the border, saying that all migrants should have health insurance. She cannot navigate the landmines that are ahead of her.”

The turning point for Biden, 81, came after his disastrous performance against Trump in a televised debate in Atlanta last month which, The Post first revealed, was part of an “elaborate set-up” to remove him from the race.

But the source doesn’t have high hopes for a TV debate between Trump and Harris. When Biden was still in the race, a second debate was scheduled for September 10.

“Wait until the debate… She can’t debate. She’s going to put her foot in her mouth about Israel, Palestine, Ukraine. She’s going to say something really stupid,” the source said.

“Obama knew this was going to happen, Joe knew this was going to happen. Now she is going to have to answer real questions.” 

The White House did not respond to The Post’s request for comment on this story.

According to the source, Obama’s hope was to get Biden out of the way and an article written by George Clooney in the New York Times asking him to step aside was a part of that plan.

However, the higher ups in the Democratic Party didn’t count on Biden endorsing Harris right away and “Obama was shocked” when Joe endorsed her, according to the insider.

After Biden’s ouster, Obama — who did not return a request for comment Wednesday — wanted Arizona Senator and former astronaut Mark Kelly “at the top of the ticket” when the Democratic National Convention is held next month, the source said.

Obama is “furious,” things haven’t gone his way, which is why he is not joining in the Democratic Party’s support of Harris,” the Biden source added.

Another well-placed Democrat source said, “Obama being surprised by a smart political decision actually makes sense when coupled with his personal inability to see politics beyond his singular, immediate interests.

“Obama always thinks he is the smartest and coolest guy in the room. He’s friends with George Clooney, after all.”

Rod Blagojevich, the disgraced former governor of Illinois who denounced Obama as a “threat to democracy” in a Wall Street Journal op-ed Tuesday, told The Post he believes “Obama was instrumental” to getting Biden out of the race.

Blagojevich, a former Democrat who is now supporting Trump, was governor of Illinois when Obama became a state senator in 2005.

“It [Biden’s departure from the race] couldn’t have happened without him [Obama],” Blagojevich told The Post.

“Without Obama, Biden is still the Democratic nominee. Obama was the conductor leading the orchestra that convinced Biden to step aside.”

Obama ended his role as Illinois senator when he was elected president in 2008, while Blagojevich was impeached in 2009 for attempting to sell Obama’s vacant senate seat, removed from office and convicted on corruption charges a year later.

Obama persuading Biden not to run for the presidency in 2016, in order to allow Hillary Clinton a shot at the White House, has also since been a sticking point between them, according to reports.

“He was not encouraging,” Biden later told the New York Times, referring to the former President, who believed at the time that the former Secretary of State had a better chance of beating Trump.

“He’s running the Democratic party like a Chicago ward boss from the shadows in the back room,” Blagojevich continued. “In this case it’s a big backroom because he has a lot of big houses.

edited July 24
    I’d like see another source on that other than the NYPost.

also, lol Rod. 
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927

Can bet $2000 to win $100 she not the next president😬
    Obama understands timing.

He'll endorse when it makes the most impact. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,676
    shecky said:
    US NEWS 
    EXCLUSIVE

Obama doesn’t believe Kamala Harris can beat Trump, which is why he hasn’t endorsed her: sources

By 
    Isabel Vincent and Jon Levine
    Published July 24, 2024, 5:09 p.m. ET

Former president Barack Obama hasn’t endorsed Kamala Harris’ presidential bid because he doesn’t think she can beat Donald Trump, according to a source close to the Biden family.

Following Joe Biden’s shock resignation from the race on Sunday, and his immediate endorsement of the vice president, most of the Democratic elite have been quick to rally behind Harris — but Obama is a notable exception.

“Obama’s very upset because he knows she can’t win,” the Biden family source told The Post.

“Obama knows she’s just incompetent — the border czar who never visited the border, saying that all migrants should have health insurance. She cannot navigate the landmines that are ahead of her.”

The turning point for Biden, 81, came after his disastrous performance against Trump in a televised debate in Atlanta last month which, The Post first revealed, was part of an “elaborate set-up” to remove him from the race.

But the source doesn’t have high hopes for a TV debate between Trump and Harris. When Biden was still in the race, a second debate was scheduled for September 10.

“Wait until the debate… She can’t debate. She’s going to put her foot in her mouth about Israel, Palestine, Ukraine. She’s going to say something really stupid,” the source said.

“Obama knew this was going to happen, Joe knew this was going to happen. Now she is going to have to answer real questions.” 

The White House did not respond to The Post’s request for comment on this story.

According to the source, Obama’s hope was to get Biden out of the way and an article written by George Clooney in the New York Times asking him to step aside was a part of that plan.

However, the higher ups in the Democratic Party didn’t count on Biden endorsing Harris right away and “Obama was shocked” when Joe endorsed her, according to the insider.

After Biden’s ouster, Obama — who did not return a request for comment Wednesday — wanted Arizona Senator and former astronaut Mark Kelly “at the top of the ticket” when the Democratic National Convention is held next month, the source said.

Obama is “furious,” things haven’t gone his way, which is why he is not joining in the Democratic Party’s support of Harris,” the Biden source added.

Another well-placed Democrat source said, “Obama being surprised by a smart political decision actually makes sense when coupled with his personal inability to see politics beyond his singular, immediate interests.

“Obama always thinks he is the smartest and coolest guy in the room. He’s friends with George Clooney, after all.”

Rod Blagojevich, the disgraced former governor of Illinois who denounced Obama as a “threat to democracy” in a Wall Street Journal op-ed Tuesday, told The Post he believes “Obama was instrumental” to getting Biden out of the race.

Blagojevich, a former Democrat who is now supporting Trump, was governor of Illinois when Obama became a state senator in 2005.

“It [Biden’s departure from the race] couldn’t have happened without him [Obama],” Blagojevich told The Post.

“Without Obama, Biden is still the Democratic nominee. Obama was the conductor leading the orchestra that convinced Biden to step aside.”

Obama ended his role as Illinois senator when he was elected president in 2008, while Blagojevich was impeached in 2009 for attempting to sell Obama’s vacant senate seat, removed from office and convicted on corruption charges a year later.

Obama persuading Biden not to run for the presidency in 2016, in order to allow Hillary Clinton a shot at the White House, has also since been a sticking point between them, according to reports.

“He was not encouraging,” Biden later told the New York Times, referring to the former President, who believed at the time that the former Secretary of State had a better chance of beating Trump.

“He’s running the Democratic party like a Chicago ward boss from the shadows in the back room,” Blagojevich continued. “In this case it’s a big backroom because he has a lot of big houses.

So now we are getting inside information from another disgraced convicted felon politician? Give me a break. 
    And an unnamed source. From a Murdoch publication. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,157
    Lots o lots o lots of “unnamed” sources. Sounds like Q has returned.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,432
    Nothings true unless Morning Joe or Maddow reports it.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

No one is saying that. Also, those aren't news programs, they are shows that analyze the news and express opinions.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 22,996
    waiting for their new batch of talking points that will arrive in their inbox tomorrow morning.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,465
    teskeinc said:
    You know that people on the left understand those programs aren’t news, right? They aren’t reporting anything. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,271
    I was accused of following "whatever Morning Joe says" on here. He was on some tirade backing Netenyahoo this morning when he called the Palestine protestors useful idiots. Fuck that guy. Both of 'em.

Rachel Maddow - well yeah, she is hardly ever wrong.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21;
    Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,593

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 22,996
    teskeinc said:
    You know that people on the left understand those programs aren’t news, right? They aren’t reporting anything. 
    seriously. who watches or pays attention to morning joe? they helped get trump elected the first time. most democrats do not believe they have any credibility.

joe is a republican by the way.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."