** KAMALA HARRIS FOR PRESIDENT -PART DEUX **

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,384
    Oh I get it. And polls are legit. I’m just not ready to get fired up and live and die by every poll just yet. 
    Takes a few weeks for it all to bake in but gauging the new nominees effectiveness is interesting to me.

Also interesting is that Trump has basically gotten no bump after having a bullet possibly graze the tip of his ear, naming his running mate, and holding his convention. 
    he maxed out early....it's downhill from here
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,394
    Trump agreeing to the early debate and then naming Vance his running mate are looking like such amateurish decisions right now. 
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,272
    Have the MAGA's explained why Trump blew up the border bill? Or just denied it - even though it is completely factual and documented, with quotes from the man himself, the 100% objective truth. Why does Donald Trump want more migrants coming to the border???
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21;
    Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Trump agreeing to the early debate and then naming Vance his running mate are looking like such amateurish decisions right now. 
    Big time...I get that things changed on the Dem side but that really shouldn't have influenced the VP pick anyway. 

It really doesn't seem like the vetting was all that great. I have to wonder if Haley may have been offered VP and refused?

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,548
    edited July 26
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,833
    Oh I get it. And polls are legit. I’m just not ready to get fired up and live and die by every poll just yet. 
    Takes a few weeks for it all to bake in but gauging the new nominees effectiveness is interesting to me.

Also interesting is that Trump has basically gotten no bump after having a bullet possibly graze the tip of his ear, naming his running mate, and holding his convention. 

Vance as VP wasn't going to do anything to boost his numbers. Nikki Haley would have been the smart pick if that was the priority (female, Indian, younger, confident, well-groomed).
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    Have the MAGA's explained why Trump blew up the border bill? Or just denied it - even though it is completely factual and documented, with quotes from the man himself, the 100% objective truth. Why does Donald Trump want more migrants coming to the border???
    For some reason they keep avoiding that question. 
    www.myspace.com
    Big time...I get that things changed on the Dem side but that really shouldn't have influenced the VP pick anyway. 

It really doesn't seem like the vetting was all that great. I have to wonder if Haley may have been offered VP and refused?

Interesting question; I've only heard that Don Jr. really wanted him to pick Vance.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.

Interesting question; I've only heard that Don Jr. really wanted him to pick Vance.

Jr is probably thinking Vance/Trump Jr in 2028

I will say that it does seem that Harris' campaign has some pretty edgy people assisting. If they keep the constant jabs at tRump up this will be a well run campaign. 

Going low isn't the best traditional approach but we now know that approach doesn't work with tRump. Direct insults leveled at him constantly drive him insane. He'll focus more on defending himself than attacking.

I will say that it does seem that Harris' campaign has some pretty edgy people assisting. If they keep the constant jabs at tRump up this will be a well run campaign. 

Going low isn't the best traditional approach but we now know that approach doesn't work with tRump. Direct insults leveled at him constantly drive him insane. He'll focus more on defending himself than attacking.
    The best defense is a great offense!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21;
    Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,096

The thing is, they’re not jabs like Republicans know them (look how she laughs, she’s clearly crazy or look at that tan suit, he clearly doesn’t love America). They’re jabs like I’m used to dealing with criminals like my opponent. Who’s legitimately a convicted criminal lol.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,994
    benjs said:

The thing is, they’re not jabs like Republicans know them (look how she laughs, she’s clearly crazy or look at that tan suit, he clearly doesn’t love America). They’re jabs like I’m used to dealing with criminals like my opponent. Who’s legitimately a convicted criminal lol.
    & the amount of people ok with his blatant criminality & corruption is staggering, both here in this forum & in the real world. 

So many people were up in arms over Hunter, but trump? It’s ok I guess, because he hates all the right people. 

I think there's a difference between, say, birtherism and "What happened to 'Any time, any place'?" -- Attacking a person's actions, which they control, vs. their ancestry and ethnicity, which they cannot control. The Lincoln Project has the low road well under control (that new ad -- whoa!).

I think there's a difference between, say, birtherism and "What happened to 'Any time, any place'?" -- Attacking a person's actions, which they control, vs. their ancestry and ethnicity, which they cannot control. The Lincoln Project has the low road well under control (that new ad -- whoa!).
    agreed...by "going low" I meant to refer more to just constant attack rather than just trying to point out policy differences. People don't give a shit about that anymore. They want their candidate to fight back.

The narrative that tRump is dissatisfied with Vance and that Vance is hurting his ticket is really being pushed right now. I love it.

I think Biden was down 4-5% maybe?

www.myspace.com

agreed...by "going low" I meant to refer more to just constant attack rather than just trying to point out policy differences. People don't give a shit about that anymore. They want their candidate to fight back.

The narrative that tRump is dissatisfied with Vance and that Vance is hurting his ticket is really being pushed right now. I love it.
    Did they not catch that Vance wrote the forward for the Project 2025 book in their "vetting"? These people are so incompetent. Surely they would crash the economy just like the last 3 Republican presidents. Our country just can't get enough I guess.

I'll post the new bit from J L Cauvin in the other thread --
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,007

don't worry, next time he will let a bullet hit him in the foot so he can ride along in one of those rascal scooters with his face and maga airbrushed on it. so that he gets extra attention.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    they have flat out said it didn't happen that way. the ones i saw said trump, while not president, cannot blow up any legislation. ignoring the fact that he told johnson to scuttle the bill because he needs the issue to run on. rather than fix the issue, he wants to run on it and fix it once he is president.

he wants them coming in so they can work at his various properties as cheap labor.

i doubt she would have refused, as ALL political candidates are ambitious and many are self serving. she would take a cabinet position, no doubt.

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,994
    they have flat out said it didn't happen that way. the ones i saw said trump, while not president, cannot blow up any legislation. ignoring the fact that he told johnson to scuttle the bill because he needs the issue to run on. rather than fix the issue, he wants to run on it and fix it once he is president.

he wants them coming in so they can work at his various properties as cheap labor.
    I recall some resentment of the democrats timing, suggesting border measures were only brought up with this being an election year, which was also nonsense; it was introduced because republicans said no more funding for Ukraine until a border bill got put through.

i believe the dems are sick of constantly getting bombarded with mud while their leadership focuses on "going high". certain times call for giving it back instead of turning the other cheek. this is one of those times. i believe this is one reason why joe was forced out. too old or too unwilling to fight in the way he needed to fight against a candidate like trump.

i believe the dems are sick of constantly getting bombarded with mud while their leadership focuses on "going high". certain times call for giving it back instead of turning the other cheek. this is one of those times. i believe this is one reason why joe was forced out. too old or too unwilling to fight in the way he needed to fight against a candidate like trump.
    My son hit it on the head. He said "Joe Biden couldn't stand up for himself." He watched the debate with me. Biden was trying to (accurately, 1 million percent) hit Trump on squashing the border bill and he just couldn't get the words out.

uh...well Hannity posted a tweet two hours after the endorsement that Obama didn't think she was ready and wouldn't endorse or something to that effect

so...yeah

My son hit it on the head. He said "Joe Biden couldn't stand up for himself." He watched the debate with me. Biden was trying to (accurately, 1 million percent) hit Trump on squashing the border bill and he just couldn't get the words out.
    yeah there were all kinds of softballs that he just couldn't hit...even his speech the other night had a lot of verbal gaffes. I have no doubt that he is still capable but he just doesn't come across that way and that is the perception most people have. 

the trump campaign did not. someone tweeted yesterday that there is uncertainty and that rumors were that michelle was going to replace harris and would be the nominee at the convention. this uncertainty is the exact reason trump campaign gave last night for backing out of the debates.

looks like he needs to find another excuse.

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,165
    Obama was pissed! Pissed I tell you! So pissed that there was no way he was going to endorse Kamala. Pissed, according to faux news and their unnamed sources. Shecky was all over it. Shecky got the jump and is truth speaking to all us rotten brains.

Kamalaloha Mahalo 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©