** KAMALA HARRIS FOR PRESIDENT -PART DEUX **

Comments

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,156

Parts of Harris’s old donor network — which has operated for years largely as a subset of Biden’s machine — held a donor call Monday that included multiple people from her 2020 presidential campaign’s finance committee.

“My sense is the donor community is so ready to get this done. We are so stoked and relieved,” said Susie Tompkins Buell, a major donor in the San Francisco Bay Area.

“I haven’t spoken to anyone who feels otherwise,” she added. “Women are on fire.”

Way to Win, a Democratic donor network devoted to winning the House, Senate and White House this year, also reported a boost in enthusiasm, hinging in part on the expectation that Democrats once again could have a path to winning the more southern battlegrounds of Nevada, Arizona, Georgia and North Carolina.

“We got people coming in who had not committed for this cycle. And people who have committed, committing more,” said Jenifer Fernandez Ancona, a co-founder of the group. “A lot of people were saying the Sun Belt states were out of play. The Sun Belt is absolutely in play.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/07/23/kamala-harris-donations-election/

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    edited July 24
    PJ5a1 said:
    PJ5a1 said:
    Can someone please outline 5 accomplishments of Harris' VP tenure? 
    Well here’s one biggie. She cast the tiebreaker vote for the Inflation Reduction Act, the largest legislation to fight climate change in world history. Which is apropos since she has been an environmental champion for decades. 

Casting a tie breaker isn't an accomplishment rofl what kind of  thinks that is an accomplishelment
    You're obviously not here to be engaged in serious discussion, and you're only here to push your agenda. Juggs posted a list of 30 things she accomplished, which you obviously didn't click on.
    That is incorrect sir - I would really like to know 5 legit things she accomplished in her tenure as VP.

However, I will say, many are so blinded by a "party" that regardless of the candidate they will just throw support their way. Again, I am voting for Trump. I don't agree with everything. I know he's failed in some key areas. I know he's been successful in key areas.

For Harris, I really don't understand how anyone can be ok with her being given the candidacy without proper process and voice from the American people.   How does one go from not being able to gain one delegate to now being given the opportunity for one of the most powerful positions on the planet.  Her track record as a DA, her track record as a Senator and of course her job with the border were very underwhelming and concerning for me.

You can just say you don't understand the role of the Vice President.
    Instead of continuing to embarrass yourself. 

Delegates to the constitutional convention approved establishing the office, with both its executive and senatorial functions, not many understood the office, and so they gave the vice president few duties and little power.
    1. "President of the Senate", authorizing the vice president to preside over Senate meetings. 
    2. As president of the Senate, the vice president may preside over most impeachment trials of federal officers, although the Constitution does not specifically require it.
    3. The vice president, in their capacity as the president of the Senate, receives the Electoral College votes, and then, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, opens the sealed votes
    4. The vice president takes over the "powers and duties" of the presidency in the event of a president's removal, death, resignation, or inability.
    5. Acting president for situations where the president is temporarily or permanently unable to lead.  (When invoked on November 19, 2021, Kamala Harris became the first woman in U.S. history to have presidential powers and duties.)

To your point , Vice President Kamala Harris has fulfilled each and every one of the responsibilities with dignity & integrity.  

(personal comment removed by admin.)
    Post edited by Kat on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,388
    PJ5a1 said:
    PJ5a1 said:
    Well here’s one biggie. She cast the tiebreaker vote for the Inflation Reduction Act, the largest legislation to fight climate change in world history. Which is apropos since she has been an environmental champion for decades. 

Casting a tie breaker isn't an accomplishment rofl what kind of  thinks that is an accomplishelment
    You're obviously not here to be engaged in serious discussion, and you're only here to push your agenda. Juggs posted a list of 30 things she accomplished, which you obviously didn't click on.
    That is incorrect sir - I would really like to know 5 legit things she accomplished in her tenure as VP.

However, I will say, many are so blinded by a "party" that regardless of the candidate they will just throw support their way. Again, I am voting for Trump. I don't agree with everything. I know he's failed in some key areas. I know he's been successful in key areas.

For Harris, I really don't understand how anyone can be ok with her being given the candidacy without proper process and voice from the American people.   How does one go from not being able to gain one delegate to now being given the opportunity for one of the most powerful positions on the planet.  Her track record as a DA, her track record as a Senator and of course her job with the border were very underwhelming and concerning for me.
    @pj5a1
    I think it should be this simple for everyone: Donald Trump, even if you overlook the litany of horrible things he did before, during and after his presidency, attempted to prevent his successor from taking office. That's it. End of discussion. You are voting for a man who literally tried to end democracy as we know it. He essentially tried to overturn my vote and tens of millions of other votes. 

You may disagree with literally everything Harris stands for...but you can always beat her again in four years and have your side institute your own policies again.

But if you help elect Trump....congrats, you've played your part in ending the great American Experiment. 
    www.myspace.com
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    PJ5a1 said:
    PJ5a1 said:

Sorry but if you vote for trumpollini you stand with all his policies and actions! Please post one good human quality he possesses just one! 
    My Buddhist friends will tell you that if you support evil in any way shape or form, including voting, that makes you evil as well.
  • PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 443
    edited July 24
    CM189191 said:
    PJ5a1 said:
    PJ5a1 said:

Delegates to the constitutional convention approved establishing the office, with both its executive and senatorial functions, not many understood the office, and so they gave the vice president few duties and little power.
    1. "President of the Senate", authorizing the vice president to preside over Senate meetings. 
    2. As president of the Senate, the vice president may preside over most impeachment trials of federal officers, although the Constitution does not specifically require it.
    3. The vice president, in their capacity as the president of the Senate, receives the Electoral College votes, and then, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, opens the sealed votes
    4. The vice president takes over the "powers and duties" of the presidency in the event of a president's removal, death, resignation, or inability.
    5. Acting president for situations where the president is temporarily or permanently unable to lead.  (When invoked on November 19, 2021, Kamala Harris became the first woman in U.S. history to have presidential powers and duties.)

To your point , Vice President Kamala Harris has fulfilled each and every one of the responsibilities with dignity & integrity.  

(personal comment removed by admin)
    I appreciate you throwing insults my way. You are proving the point of having a discussion is not possible with most of you.

How did she fare when tasked to get to the root cause of our immigration problems? How did she fare in immigration reform? She is part of the administration, correct? This would mean she is part of the problem, correct? 

Post edited by Kat on
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
    edited July 24
    PJ5a1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJ5a1 said:
    PJ5a1 said:

I appreciate you throwing insults my way. You are proving the point of having a discussion is not possible with most of you.

How did she fare when tasked to get to the root cause of our immigration problems? How did she fare in immigration reform? She is part of the administration, correct? This would mean she is part of the problem, correct? 

You make a lot of assumptions here:

For starters, I'm sure we disagree on what "immigration problems' means.
    And what "immigration reform" looks like.

Post edited by Kat on
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,998
    Parksy said:
    PJ5a1 said:
    PJ5a1 said:

Also, as a Trump voter... what are your thoughts on your King, Donald having donated to Kamala Harris previously?  Your King thought enough of her before to give her money. What say you? 
    I'd say for years now people have donated to both party's so they are on ones good side no matter whom the victor is. Guess you didn't know that?
    but she accepted a donation from a criminal...
    Aren't most businessmen and politicians anyways?
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,998
    PJ5a1 said:
    PJ5a1 said:

Sorry but if you vote for trumpollini you stand with all his policies and actions! Please post one good human quality he possesses just one! 
    My Buddhist friends will tell you that if you support evil in any way shape or form, including voting, that makes you evil as well.
    So if you think the other side is evil too what do you do?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,375
    edited July 24
    PJ5a1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJ5a1 said:
    PJ5a1 said:

She wasn't the immigration Czar you know? She was never put in charge of the border.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    Parksy said:
    PJ5a1 said:
    PJ5a1 said:

Also, as a Trump voter... what are your thoughts on your King, Donald having donated to Kamala Harris previously?  Your King thought enough of her before to give her money. What say you? 
    I'd say for years now people have donated to both party's so they are on ones good side no matter whom the victor is. Guess you didn't know that?
    but she accepted a donation from a criminal...
    Aren't most businessmen and politicians anyways?
    yeah, but most haven't been convicted
    34x
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    PJ5a1 said:
    Can someone please change their profile pic? It’s jarring my senses. 
    Hahaha… 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,593

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,613
    PJ5a1 said:
    PJ5a1 said:

He reeeeeaaaallllly loves his daughter Ivanka (Tiff not so much)

This weekend we rock Portland
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    PJ5a1 said:
    PJ5a1 said:

Being ok with giving her the nomination?  The whole world wanted someone other than trump or Biden.  And don’t come back with the world doesn’t vote because obviously I know that.  

Have you not heard people say they’d vote for anyone other than trump and Biden?

Sooner or later MAGA folks are gonna have to accept that a black Asian female is going to wipe the floor with trump.  It’s inevitable.  It’s how things are meant to turn out.  
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,465
    Republicans: Harris is the border zsar 
    democrats: no she isn’t 
    republicans: she’s failing at her zsar job! 
    Democrats: we put forth a bipartisan bill that you guys killed because trump told you to
    republicans: harris failed the border! 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

edited July 24
    PJ5a1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJ5a1 said:
    PJ5a1 said:

She wasn't the immigration Czar you know? She was never put in charge of the border.
    I would also like to point out that complaining that Harris is weak on the border and then voluntarily choosing to vote for the guy who singlehandedly killed the most comprehensive bipartisan border/immigration bill in decades for a blatant political purpose is such an enormous self own.

The hypocrisy and disingenuousness just oozes directly out of these people's pores.
    www.myspace.com

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,545
    PJ5a1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJ5a1 said:
    PJ5a1 said:

I would also like to point out that complaining that Harris is weak on the border and then voluntarily choosing to vote for the guy who singlehandedly killed the most comprehensive bipartisan border/immigration bill in decades for a blatant political purpose is such an enormous self own.

The hypocrisy and disingenuousness just oozes directly out of these people's pores.
    But that’s not how any of this works. Disingenuousness is baked into the conservative talking points. 
    PJ5a1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    PJ5a1 said:
    PJ5a1 said:

But that’s not how any of this works. Disingenuousness is baked into the conservative talking points. 
    It's baked into their blood at this point. 
    www.myspace.com
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,375
    And the shit on facebook...unreal. Every four years I am reminded of how fucking stupid my "friends" are. Just when I think I have all the magats weeded out a few more pop up and share every dumbass meme they come across.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,554
    edited July 24
    This is so right on!  Their numbers, their numbers together, the Olympics, perfect!
    May be a doodle of 2 people people playing basketball and text

(Sorry the images pasted squashed down.  Wish that didn't happen as often as it does!)

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    Harris has been, in my memory, one of the quieter VPs. I don't have much opinion on her there...Then again, VP is a strange role and only Darth Cheney seemed like a huge player. But going backwards:
    • Harris: ?
    • Pence: At least I remember him flying to Indianapolis on the federal dime just to virtue-signal his distaste for football players kneeling during the anthem. Oh, and there was a non-zero chance of him being murdered on certification day.
    • Biden: His bromance with Obama.
    • Cheney: His war-mongering.
    • Gore: His interest in the environment.
    • Quayle: Ahhh...the good old days when he was the standard for stupid politicians
    • Bush I: (Mainly I remember him running as the heir-apparent to Ronnie)

But my memory of the vice-presidency of the first woman in that office barely exists... 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,465
    never in the history of your country has most of the focus been on the former president. hence why you haven't heard anything about VP Harris these 4 years. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,985
    PJ5a1 said:
    PJ5a1 said:

@pj5a1
    I think it should be this simple for everyone: Donald Trump, even if you overlook the litany of horrible things he did before, during and after his presidency, attempted to prevent his successor from taking office. That's it. End of discussion. You are voting for a man who literally tried to end democracy as we know it. He essentially tried to overturn my vote and tens of millions of other votes. 

You may disagree with literally everything Harris stands for...but you can always beat her again in four years and have your side institute your own policies again.

But if you help elect Trump....congrats, you've played your part in ending the great American Experiment. 
    It bears repeating that in addition to bringing about the 1st non-peaceful transfer of power in our nation’s history, he’s also a convicted felon & adjudicated sex offender, proven that he can’t be trusted with our nation’s security / classified information, incited that same January 6th mob to go after and try to kill his vice president and is a probable pedophile based on the Jeffrey Epstein connections. 

I think I’ll be voting for the former prosecutor over that guy. 
    PJ5a1 said:
    PJ5a1 said:

@pj5a1

It bears repeating that in addition to bringing about the 1st non-peaceful transfer of power in our nation’s history, he’s also a convicted felon & adjudicated sex offender, proven that he can’t be trusted with our nation’s security / classified information, incited that same January 6th mob to go after and try to kill his vice president and is a probable pedophile based on the Jeffrey Epstein connections. 

The fact that his charity foundation was shuttered for fraud should have eliminated him from contention and that was a million years ago at this point.

It's unfathomable that we've been dealing with this fucking guy for a decade now. 
    www.myspace.com
    PJ5a1 said:
    PJ5a1 said:

@pj5a1

The fact that his charity foundation was shuttered for fraud should have eliminated him from contention and that was a million years ago at this point.

It's unfathomable that we've been dealing with this fucking guy for a decade now. 
    Was that the one where they kept the money they were supposedly raising for sick kids? Or was it veterans?  

I seem to recall both scenarios, or maybe they were just alleged… idk, both are believable considering who we’re talking about. 
    PJ5a1 said:
    PJ5a1 said:

@pj5a1

Was that the one where they kept the money they were supposedly raising for sick kids? Or was it veterans?  

I seem to recall both scenarios, or maybe they were just alleged… idk, both are believable considering who we’re talking about. 
    Believe it or not, I believe those were actually separate incidents that happened during the 2016 campain?

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/18/trump-foundation-to-shut-down-1067924

Trump Foundation to shut down under agreement with New York attorney general

Donald Trump

The agreement requires the Trump Foundation to submit a list of not-for-profit groups that will receive distributions from the remaining assets. | AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin

By LAURA NAHMIAS

12/18/2018 11:27 AM EST

Updated: 12/18/2018 11:41 AM EST

President Donald Trump’s personal charity will shut down and disperse whatever funds it still has under a new agreement announced Tuesday by New York Attorney General Barbara Underwood.

The attorney general’s office sued the Trump Foundation in June, alleging the president and several of his children used it for their personal and political benefit. That lawsuit, which seeks millions of dollars in restitution, will continue, even as the foundation agrees to cease existence.

The agreement, which still must be approved by a judge, requires the Trump Foundation to submit a list of not-for-profit groups that will receive distributions from the remaining assets.

Underwood alleged in her lawsuit that Trump’s charity was, for years, “little more than an empty shell” with no oversight by a functioning board of directors, and she pointed out that the nonprofit had not had a board meeting since 1999.

Underwood said the foundation also made a series of questionable donations to other charitable organizations to settle legal claims involving Trump businesses, including his South Florida Mar-a-Lago retreat, while another donation went toward promoting Trump’s international hotels. The attorney general’s office also alleged that Trump handed over control of the charity to his presidential campaign in 2016, as it made strategic donations to charities and events in key campaign states like Iowa and New Hampshire.

Trump has denied the foundation did anything wrong, but he said in 2016 that he was willing to dissolve the charity. Alan Futerfas, an attorney for the foundation, did not immediately respond to a request for comment Tuesday.

“Our petition detailed a shocking pattern of illegality involving the Trump Foundation — including unlawful coordination with the Trump presidential campaign, repeated and willful self-dealing, and much more,” Underwood said in a statement Tuesday. “This amounted to the Trump Foundation functioning as little more than a checkbook to serve Mr. Trump’s business and political interests.”

“Today’s stipulation accomplishes a key piece of the relief sought in our lawsuit earlier this year. Under the terms, the Trump Foundation can only dissolve under judicial supervision — and it can only distribute its remaining charitable assets to reputable organizations approved by my office,” the attorney general said, declaring the planned dissolution of the president’s nonprofit “an important victory for the rule of law, making clear that there is one set of rules for everyone.”

www.myspace.com
    Huh. 
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 22,996
    CM189191 said:
    Can someone please outline 5 accomplishments of Pence's' VP tenure? 

I'll start

1) he barely escaped being hung to death by his own party on the White House lawn
    he successfully debated with a fly on his hair.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    Huh. 
    This the problem with a man as corrupt as Trump. His charity being shuttered for fraud just gets completely blindsided by all the other corruption he's involved with and then nobody talks about it anymore.....yet people are about to dig way further into Harris' past over the next few months. Such a double standard. 
    www.myspace.com