** KAMALA HARRIS FOR PRESIDENT -PART DEUX **

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,551
    teskeinc said:

Problem is over the last several years, they use it so often to things that aren’t really racist, it loses the real meaning and people just disregard it as another virtue signaler. Like the boy who cried wolf.

Exactly. Like calling people Communists. Or Pedophiles. 

teskeinc said:
     It’s not racist, even if he did it intentionally. 

If you do it intentionally, you're trying to be a dick for some reason and its worth drilling down into why. 

Its almost like there are dopes on both sides who just level attacks at the other without any real critical thinking. Just posting pejoratives, making broad blanket accusations, just trying to go toe to toe with nastiness without considering if you truly are contributing to the dialog or the noise.  
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,613
    edited August 22
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited August 22
    bottom line. sometimes things are racist and people are being racist. Sometimes people are dopes or misspeak. You can say sorry and try to do better. Yes, its a disservice to rooting out real racism to just level accusations at people without the full story or context or consideration. But also, there are real fucking assholes out there who want to stir shit up, and its worth considering, Why are people on edge about these sort of people.  
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 1,448
    teskeinc said:

If you do it intentionally, you're trying to be a dick for some reason and its worth drilling down into why. 

It’s kind of like here if you say anything demeaning about Kamala it’s labeled misogynist or sexist. People are soft now. If you grew up in the 70s or 80s you were probably called every name in the book. Friends called each other every name in the book and we just laughed and gave it right back. We ushered in the era of everyone gets a trophy, safe spaces and snowflakes and if you say anything about anyone you’re automatically a racist.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125
    teskeinc said:

Kamala the Ugandan Headhunter. He was from Mississippi tho. Was a great character in the WWF.

lol yeah ok wrestling the total fake sport 😂😂
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

It’s kind of like here if you say anything demeaning about Kamala it’s labeled misogynist or sexist. People are soft now. If you grew up in the 70s or 80s you were probably called every name in the book. Friends called each other every name in the book and we just laughed and gave it right back. We ushered in the era of everyone gets a trophy, safe spaces and snowflakes and if you say anything about anyone you’re automatically a racist.

key aspect here is among friends. talked shit with others , fights occured.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

So that makes it ok to be an asshole 😂😂 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

edited August 22
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

There is nothing wrong with being kind or empathetic. What does any of that old behavior foster? A thicker skin so you can endure more of it? 

teskeinc said:

Kamala the Ugandan Headhunter. He was from Mississippi tho. Was a great character in the WWF.

Fake? So it ain’t so! Thanks Captain Ob
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 555
    "Our patriotism is about more than some damn slogan on a hat" 

Maxwell Frost, (D) FL 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

Fake? So it ain’t so! Thanks Captain Ob

www.myspace.com
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401
    edited August 23
    pjl44 said:

53/47 Harris...I can live with that
    Sorry to tell you but National polls always lean Dem for whatever reason (probably b/c they're the ones that care more to participate). I think (didn't re-look it up), but Biden was ahead 8 points in polls and won by 4.  In addition. Dems need to win by more than 3 and probably be ahead by like 7 in polls to win b/c they have "wasted" votes in big cities (unless there's some unusual distribution). Winning NYC, Chitown and LA by 5 million each doesn't change the outcomes of those states, but makes the Nat'l overall skew.

So, you really shouldn't be happy with 2.3. Trump wins easily if that's the actual polling at this time.
    That's not a poll. The 53% is a probability.
    Lol...right.

Next he will tell you Silver was wrong in 2016...even though he was much closer than most. 
    Hey, I love Nate Silver.  If I was trusting any of these projections, he's the one I'd trust.  538 no longer belongs to him. HE sold but, but brilliantly kept access to the models. He's critiqued the 538 models that have strayed b/c they don't have his updates.  

So, Nate Silver does have his own projection that's not longer called 538.  That's right - a corporation paid him 10s of millions of dollars for a projection that was only good the moment he gave it to them. From there, you need the right person to adjust it.  

And I'm sure he'll say it's close to 50/50 also.  But, in the end, none of that is relevant.  I'm just trying to guid you to the most important number in the quote - the 2.3 point polling advantage. That's most likely not enough for Harris to win as the real election will skew against that number and Dems always need more votes to win b/c of the cities producing votes that don't effect the electoral college.

So, keep arguing. I'm not saying who's gonna win.  I'm just trying to point out that those probabilities (especially a basically 50/50 for an incumbent should not let you sleep well at night). But, you keep doing you.
    Umm, yes. I am well aware Silver left...that is precisely why I said I hoped to see 538's model soon. ^

Biden was 3-5 points down a month ago. Harris is now up 3ish. Quite an enormous swing in 4 weeks. But where do you see anyone saying that is good enough? It's been a month and her campaign is clearly the one with the momentum.

Two things.
    -Trump is not the same Trump of 4 and 8 years ago. The act is tired and his campaign theme of running against the old dementia candidate has done a complete 180 on him and he is struggling to waddle his way through it.

-This is a new world post Dobbs and it's been the Dems, not Trump's maga candidates, who have been underestimated in the polls since then. I don't think Biden would have experienced some of ...whatever that is. I do think Harris will though. Also Trump's primary performance was relatively weak considering he's essentially an incumbent.

So...thanks for your...input. Good effort.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,477
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

you're right. people getting all triggered about pronouns and tampons in bathrooms and other things that have no affect on them sure are pathetic snowflakes. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

you're right. people getting all triggered about pronouns and tampons in bathrooms and other things that have no affect on them sure are pathetic snowflakes. 
    I don’t think offended is the word to describe it. It’s more or less weird or unnecessary. My kid is in 5th grade, I never asked him or he never said anything if there is a dispenser. It’s just weird there needs to be legislative time spent on it. 
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,398
    Panatta was great... Can't believe he's 86
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:
    teskeinc said:

I don’t think offended is the word to describe it. It’s more or less weird or unnecessary. My kid is in 5th grade, I never asked him or he never said anything if there is a dispenser. It’s just weird there needs to be legislative time spent on it. 
    So, is the alternative to not spend any time on it and just leave people out to dry? 
    edited August 23
    Taking care of people is never weird. I’m sorry if having conversations with your kids about stuff you didn’t plan on is awkward. 
    Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,181
    Kinzinger is sending some serious zings at POOTWH. “A small man claiming to be big. Weirdly obsessed with Putin.”
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Taking care of people is never weird. I’m sorry if having conversations with your kids about stuff you didn’t plan on is awkward. 
    this ^^^. 

most of the democratic/liberal agenda to help folks doesn't help me in the least. doesn't affect my white male priveleged ass. but that's the point: we care about each other, not ourselves and not our fears. 

www.headstonesband.com

this episode of the simpsons about sums up the Republican party, here, represented by Homer Simpson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2_ecET8X7A

www.headstonesband.com

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,111
    It's one of the least controversial aspects of a highly controversial movement, so by default it generates an outsized amount of pushback. If it was 90% about bathroom accommodations, it would be far less of an issue.

• njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 555
    This speech is profoundly powerful. Hard not to picture the current republican party left behind in the... Rearviewmirror. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,111
    These campaigns are staffed by the most annoying assholes

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,181
    njhaley1 said:
    This speech is profoundly powerful. Hard not to picture the current republican party left behind in the... Rearviewmirror. 
    A bright, shiny future around the bend or the 1950s are calling.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,398
    She did great. She'll tear trump to shreds in the debates. It's going to be glorious. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana