** KAMALA HARRIS FOR PRESIDENT -PART DEUX **

Comments

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,017
    She did great. She'll tear trump to shreds in the debates. It's going to be glorious. 
    She is going to absolutely obliterate him to shreds. Not a doubt in my mind. 

Maga dies in November. 
    maga can't govern. they are better as the minority party that has no skin in the game. they just get to sit back and criticize the people making the hard decisions. it is the republican way.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 553
    By all accounts, 2024 is tracking close to 2020. It’s still close. But yeah, national polls are just a nice overview, it’s the state polling where the real info is gleaned. 

Looking forward to next weeks, post DNC polls. 
    Well this is true if you only look at it as a snap shot in time. You can also look at it and see how things have changed in the last 30 days and imagine that trajectory continuing post a successful convention and with the debates looming

no doubt. This momentum is pretty real. This thing may open up over the next couple weeks. 

Yeah--I am excited for the debates
    If they do it right...and so far everything indicates they will...she will just hit him with everything. Her speech last night was the best I have seen from her. She is confident and pissed off and likely using Biden's poor performance as fuel to light this orange fuckface up.

The goal should be to get him to insult her live...and she'll be ready for that.
    Honestly maybe the best speech I've ever seen. She introduced herself, hit all the right policy notes, dressed down her opponent, energized her base, grabbed patriotism from the party that doesn't deserve it, reached out to undecideds, all in 40 minutes. Killer!!!

I think there's a decent chance Trump makes a very offensive insult in the debate. He is rattled and addled.
    Chances of her telling him to STFU, she's talking =100%
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,397
    By all accounts, 2024 is tracking close to 2020. It’s still close. But yeah, national polls are just a nice overview, it’s the state polling where the real info is gleaned. 

Well this is true if you only look at it as a snap shot in time. You can also look at it and see how things have changed in the last 30 days and imagine that trajectory continuing post a successful convention and with the debates looming

no doubt. This momentum is pretty real. This thing may open up over the next couple weeks. 

Do you think it’s true that she hasn’t topped of yet and that he has and still hasn’t reached bottom yet in other words he’s on the downward slope and she’s going upwards? I’m just trying to learn and understand as much as possible about polls? 
    I think that's exactly what will happen. As people see her more, see the debates, etc., and also see trump's desperation and likely becoming more unhinged they will start to move toward Harris and away from trump. The magats aren't going anywhere but that's fine. 

The trump campaign is going to get nasty as hell. And you have to wonder if there will be fallout from that. Will Vance really be willing to destroy the rest of his political career? To be determined.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana

If they do it right...and so far everything indicates they will...she will just hit him with everything. Her speech last night was the best I have seen from her. She is confident and pissed off and likely using Biden's poor performance as fuel to light this orange fuckface up.

The goal should be to get him to insult her live...and she'll be ready for that.
    Honestly maybe the best speech I've ever seen. She introduced herself, hit all the right policy notes, dressed down her opponent, energized her base, grabbed patriotism from the party that doesn't deserve it, reached out to undecideds, all in 40 minutes. Killer!!!

I think there's a decent chance Trump makes a very offensive insult in the debate. He is rattled and addled.
    I agree...I think she'll throw him off and he'll resort to what he says every day behind the scenes. He is a raging narcissist and in the moment he'll think that is his best course of action. It should be fun to watch.

Probably similar to Jack Nicholson on the stand in A Few Good Men...lol

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,613
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

I agree...I think she'll throw him off and he'll resort to what he says every day behind the scenes. He is a raging narcissist and in the moment he'll think that is his best course of action. It should be fun to watch.

Man, consider the contrast and remember how subdued everyone was leading up to the last debate?  Thank goodness George Clooney and Nancy Pelosi engineered that switcheroo.  
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125

Great comparison she needs to keep it civil but at the same time make him get triggered and he will lash out! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    njhaley1 said:

Man, consider the contrast and remember how subdued everyone was leading up to the last debate?  Thank goodness George Clooney and Nancy Pelosi engineered that switcheroo.  
    Hell yes. If puppet master Clooney hadn't issued that directive I don't know where we would be.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401
    As Johnny said earlier---the thing that was so great about her speech was that she did it all succinctly in 40 minutes. Didn't wander and meander aimlessly like her counter part does all the time. His act is old and tired and boring. That was legit exciting last night. 
    www.myspace.com
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    njhaley1 said:

Honestly I had no idea if I would vote,  or who I would vote for. Then I watched a few re-runs of ER, fell in love with Clooney yet again,  and committed to following his every command. 

I'm with HER!
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Posts: 1,268
    Americans treating  a... political convention... as some sport event
    Megachurches may be a more fitting comparison to these conventions. Based on the buzz around here, the main sermon was well received by those who tuned in.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,111
    Extemporaneous speaking is not historically her strong suit so I'd temper expectations ahead of the debates. Maybe an interview or two ahead of that to warm up the engine. Just thinking out loud here.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,543
    FiveBelow said:
    Megachurches may be a more fitting comparison to these conventions. Based on the buzz around here, the main sermon was well received by those who tuned in.
    Well, there is a benediction at the end :lol:
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,277

Everything is sport here. We have sports on TV like 363 days a year. We use football metaphors in basically every conversation. Deal with it.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21;
    Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,277
    As Johnny said earlier---the thing that was so great about her speech was that she did it all succinctly in 40 minutes. Didn't wander and meander aimlessly like her counter part does all the time. His act is old and tired and boring. That was legit exciting last night. 
    Unlike Trump, she did not CHOKE.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21;
    Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I did get a laugh from trump when he tweeted "WHERES HUNTER" last night during her speech.

So fucking boring.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,002
    You're preaching to the choir here though in the echo chamber.  People that go to Trumps rallies LOVE him though.  That is why they go. It's not old to them.  The fanaticism for him is uncanny, i mean they have flags and stuff, lol!

What I am curious about is will she get swing voters?  I'm expecting you to say yes but it's a real question.  If she does reach that sway vote then this should be a slam dunk.
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Posts: 1,268
    tbergs said:
    FiveBelow said:
    Well, there is a benediction at the end :lol:
    Just like that you fulfilled my daily goal of learning something new!
    The More You Know GIFs  Tenor

Whoa...Rasmussen National poll...internally they are shitting. Rasmussen polls are ALWAYS weighted too heavily to GOP

You're preaching to the choir here though in the echo chamber.  People that go to Trumps rallies LOVE him though.  That is why they go. It's not old to them.  The fanaticism for him is uncanny, i mean they have flags and stuff, lol!

What I am curious about is will she get swing voters?  I'm expecting you to say yes but it's a real question.  If she does reach that sway vote then this should be a slam dunk.

then the reports of so many leaving mid-whine, is what?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,551
    They just want to get a jump on the traffic and not hear covers in the encore.

edited August 23
    The fanaticism for him is uncanny, i mean they have flags and stuff, lol!
    No joke - there's an RV that parks down the road from my place on weekends selling the most god-awful Trump stuff.  The most cringey was a pool float with a blow-up TFG giving the middle finger. There was a woman at the gym I go to wearing a shirt with his post-assassination attempt photo that read "You Missed."  

People have to conscientiously decide to buy and/or wear/use these things - and this is where I'm skeptical of the real effects of inflation around here.  Who's got the spare cash to spend on that garbage, from "Joe and the Ho" stickers to the maga clown hats. These folks, apparently, not the people really suffering from high milk prices.  
    njhaley1 said:
    No joke - there's an RV that parks down the road from my place on weekends selling the most god-awful Trump stuff.  The most cringey was a pool float with a blow-up TFG giving the middle finger. There was a woman at the gym I go to wearing a shirt with his post-assassination attempt photo that read "You Missed."  

People have to conscientiously decide to buy and/or wear/use these things - and this is where I'm skeptical of the real effects of inflation around here.  Who's got the spare cash to spend on that garbage, from "Joe and the Ho" stickers to the maga clown hats. These folks, apparently, not the people really suffering from high milk prices.  

jordan klepper has a clip at a recent rally. dude bitching about inflation. all trumped up. klepper asked about his gear..... he's spent a couple grand....

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,181
    It’s a cult, not a political party.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

The people who go to his rallies do not matter. It is all about the people in the middle. So Trump meandering for 90 minutes during his convention speech, which is what we're talking about, did nothing to gain him new voters. 

This is obviously a small sample size but it's rare to see so many of them on the same page after one of these speeches. 6 of 8 made up their minds to vote for Harris last night:
    https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/23/politics/video/undecided-voters-pennsylvania-tuchman-dnc-chicago-digvid
    www.myspace.com
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,181
    Has anyone checked in on Shitcago? Did it fall? Burned to the ground? How many arrests were there? Many people are saying it was in the thousands. Is that true?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,415
    mickeyrat said:
    njhaley1 said:

jordan klepper has a clip at a recent rally. dude bitching about inflation. all trumped up. klepper asked about his gear..... he's spent a couple grand....
    Those Jordan Klepper clips are pure comedy gold.  The people at those rallies are complete morons.
    mickeyrat said:

No idea what this means...
    njhaley1 said:

Buddy of mine has a Trmper neighbor.  She puts out her flag every day.  What flag would you think that is?  FJB? Trump 2024? Lets go Brandon? Don't Tread on Me?  Nope...

A bloody Trump raising his fist w the SS around him.

Who dafuq celebrates a failed assassination?  
    mickeyrat said:

No idea what this means...
    He is talking about the videos of supporters of his fleeing his rallies early as he's going on and on and on and on from the stage. Happens all the time. 
    www.myspace.com