Berlin Officially Cancelled

Comments

• Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,596

PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,596

PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    What a mess. Sucks for all involved. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,292
    That doesn't look good for the rest of the tour Eds probably ok by now but Jeff could be out for a few days or week now if he is indeed ill. Really bad luck with the timing 
  • FroggieFroggie Posts: 235
    How sick can he be if he’s drawing and posting on IG?! 
  • WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Posts: 4,307
    He’s doing paintings, can’t be that sick 🤷‍♀️
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    One thing that is also odd is that someone usually always bump into mike and no one has said to be seen in outside in london
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,292
    Froggie said:
    Maybe just trying to keep away from people?
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,097
    Positive spin, they can’t play the Berlin shows because they need to isolate for 5 days in London to stop the spread of the bug. All of them will be fit and well by Saturday 😃
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
  • GianGiovi94GianGiovi94 Posts: 91
    tino_11 said:
    Positive spin, they can’t play the Berlin shows because they need to isolate for 5 days in London to stop the spread of the bug. All of them will be fit and well by Saturday 😃
    don't give me hope, please.
    You're too positive man. 

Milan 2014, Trieste 2014, Milan 2018, Padua 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2022, Imola 2022, Frankfurt 2022, Wien 2022, Prague 2022, Amsterdam-1 2022
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,922
    He’s doing paintings, can’t be that sick 🤷‍♀️

Again, I'm just guessing based on his comment on his post this morning; I have ZERO direct knowledge. That said, have you never had a cold/flu/covid? I'm one of the lucky people who tends to be sick for a few months after a cold, because it turns into pneumonia, and I still have the energy while sick to make myself some oatmeal, take a shower, read a book -- but not to leave the house, run a race, get a workout.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    tino_11 said:
    Thats the spirit
  • DL136722DL136722 Posts: 685
    Just curious, how are the ticket sales for the remaining shows?

London sales were low/bad but Berlin also didn't sell that great. 

Ticket sales or lack thereof and sicknesses just a coincidence I guess

Sucks for all involved, no other way around it 
    Tweeter Center - Aug 29, 2000;Tweeter Center - Aug 30, 2000;Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000;Pepsi Arena - Apr 29, 2003;Bryce-Jordan Center - May 03, 2003;Bell Center - Jun 29, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 03, 2003;Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 05, 2003;Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - Jul 06, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 08, 2003;Madison Square Garden - Jul 09, 2003;TD Banknorth Garden - May 24, 2006;TD Banknorth Garden - May 25, 2006;Fleet Center - Sept 28, 2004;Fleet Center - Sept 29, 2004;Pepsi Arena - May 12, 2006 New England Dodge Music Arena - May 13, 2006;Grant Park - Aug 05, 2007;Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008;Dodge Music Center - Jun 27, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 28, 2008;Tweeter Center - Jun 30, 2008 XL Arena - May 15, 2010;TD Garden - May 17, 2010;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sept 03, 2011;Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011 Corel Centre - Sep 16, 2005;Colisee Pepsi Arena - Sep 20, 2005; Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 15, 2013; DCU Center - Oct 16, 2013; Fenway Park - August 5, 2016; Fenway Park - August 7, 2016

Oh Dude!
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,618
    Froggie said:
    GOOD!! that's what they should do
    Froggie said:
    Of course. Anything is possible. But I don’t think it would be in good taste to be posting on IG considering the disruption and upset these cancellations cause. I personally think Eddie is quite unwell. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,080
    Froggie said:

But I don’t think it would be in good taste to be posting on IG considering the disruption and upset these cancellations cause.
    Lol what
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Paul SpencerPaul Spencer Posts: 16
    edited July 1
    DL136722 said:

I was thinking about this earlier.
    When Ed's voice went at the first of the two London o2 shows and the second night was cancelled, they rescheduled the second night for a few weeks later but the difference between then and now, is that the the gig was sold out. People have said a couple of page's back, that Springsteen rescheduled his shows but those shows had also sold well.
    Could it be something to do with the promoters insurance, where they don't actually want to reschedule a show that has sold badly and it makes more sense for them financially, to take the insurance pay out and just let the poorly selling gig die a death completely? Obviously it would appear to be better for Ticketmaster, as they won't be paying any of their fees back to the fans, so they in effect, get an opportunity to earn another set of fees the next time the band actually do play in London or Berlin and if the shows had been rescheduled, then this wouldn't be case.
    I'm not suggesting that this is the case, rather, I'm just wondering how much of an effect the poor ticket sales have had on any decision not to reschedule, if any at all?

Post edited by Paul Spencer on
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,036
    edited July 1
    Ticketmaster doesn’t refund the fees for the cancelled shows? 
  • bigbiggzybigbiggzy Posts: 761
    I’m so sorry gang…. Lose / lose for all involved.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    Unfortunately not
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,036
    Unfortunately not
    Holy f. That’s unconscionable. 
    Froggie said:

But I don’t think it would be in good taste to be posting on IG considering the disruption and upset these cancellations cause.
    Lol what
    I’d imagine whoever is sick isn’t well enough to be drawing and posting on IG. They would hardly cancel the shows if one of the other band members besides Eddie had a cold. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,080
    Unfortunately not
    Holy f. That’s unconscionable. 
    But the gigantic fee is to... be able to service you and make you get the ticket... or whatever... the fee is not part of the value of item you have bought. or something I guess....
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • benlw86benlw86 Posts: 74
    DL136722 said:

I was thinking about this earlier.
    When Ed's voice went at the first of the two London o2 shows and the second night was cancelled, they rescheduled the second night for a few weeks later but the difference between then and now, is that the the gig was sold out. People have said a couple of page's back, that Springsteen rescheduled his shows but those shows had also sold well.
    Could it be something to do with the promoters insurance, where they don't actually want to reschedule a show that has sold badly and it makes more sense for them financially, to take the insurance pay out and just let the poorly selling gig die a death completely? Obviously it would appear to be better for Ticketmaster, as they won't be paying any of their fees back to the fans, so they in effect, get an opportunity to earn another set of fees the next time the band actually do play in London or Berlin and if the shows had been rescheduled, then this wouldn't be case.
    I'm not suggesting that this is the case, rather, I'm just wondering how much of an effect the poor ticket sales have had on any decision not to reschedule, if any at all?

It also hopefully confirms to the band to never book a football stadium in UK again. Incidentally the rescheduled 2018 date was bloody brilliant.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    reismann said:
    JackD. said:
    JackD. said:
    JackD. said:
    Rescheduling not possible? Waldbühne and Wuhlheide both available after NOS Alive.

They don‘t want to. This European tour has done more damage to the fanbase than to Ed‘s voice. Everything was cursed and fucked up from the very beginning.
    Didn't they clearly state in the London case that they had scheduling conflicts stopping them from rescheduling. What has arenas being available to do with that?
    Tottenham probably has commitments. Even if availability doesn’t matter, why not postpone indefinitely or for 2025. Have a look how great Springsteen handeled things for the postponed European shows.
    Last time they postponed shows for years, people got mad that the new dates weren’t being booked fast enough so it’s just easier to cancel

Theres no postponement for 2025 because there’s a good chance Europe won’t get PJ again until 2027/2028 based on how the band is operating now 
    My point is: If they really wanted to make up for the mess they could change plans and come back next year playing anything they‘ve cancelled over the last few years.

But they don‘t care. I get it.
    Because of the really bad treatment of us 10C members in 6 weeks my membership expires. I am not prepared anymore to pay for a membership where you get a possibility to buy expensive tickets for shows which will be cancelled and not postponed. 
    I fully expect to see you here in 6 weeks.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • someonesbrainsomeonesbrain Posts: 8
    edited July 1
    Let's wait and see.

Eventim (in Germany) does/did the same and tries/tried to keep their fees for cancelled shows (while refunding the price on the ticket only). However, since they face a so-called "Musterfeststellungsklage" under German law (some kind of consumer protection class action) in 2023, they have started to (reluctantly) refund the fees in case of a show cancellation (if you tell them that you might consider to take part in the class action... and of course they do it without acknowleding any legal obligations... worked for me in the past in several cases and for my father as well).

Ticketmaster GmbH (who sold my tickets or acted as an intermediary) are a corporation under German law and my contract should be governed by German law as well. I wait and see how they handle it. If the don't refund my fees (I had 2 orders for every Berlin evening because I bought 10C tix and additional tix for friends and family) I might discuss this consumer protection question with them in more depth. 
    Post edited by someonesbrain on
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    Vedd Hedd said:
    reismann said:
    JackD. said:
    JackD. said:
    JackD. said:
    Rescheduling not possible? Waldbühne and Wuhlheide both available after NOS Alive.

They don‘t want to. This European tour has done more damage to the fanbase than to Ed‘s voice. Everything was cursed and fucked up from the very beginning.
    Didn't they clearly state in the London case that they had scheduling conflicts stopping them from rescheduling. What has arenas being available to do with that?
    Tottenham probably has commitments. Even if availability doesn’t matter, why not postpone indefinitely or for 2025. Have a look how great Springsteen handeled things for the postponed European shows.
    Last time they postponed shows for years, people got mad that the new dates weren’t being booked fast enough so it’s just easier to cancel

Theres no postponement for 2025 because there’s a good chance Europe won’t get PJ again until 2027/2028 based on how the band is operating now 
    My point is: If they really wanted to make up for the mess they could change plans and come back next year playing anything they‘ve cancelled over the last few years.

Because of the really bad treatment of us 10C members in 6 weeks my membership expires. I am not prepared anymore to pay for a membership where you get a possibility to buy expensive tickets for shows which will be cancelled and not postponed. 
    Tenclub have been a godsend in many ways over the years of touring. To think people would cancel their memberships due to shows being cancelled through illness, or the dynamic pricing model that TM brought in is a bit extreme. Tenclub membership is worth every cent to me.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,330
    pdalowsky said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    reismann said:
    JackD. said:
    JackD. said:
    JackD. said:

Tenclub have been a godsend in many ways over the years of touring. To think people would cancel their memberships due to shows being cancelled through illness, or the dynamic pricing model that TM brought in is a bit extreme. Tenclub membership is worth every cent to me.
    100% agree.

Situation sucks for all.  I hope whoever is ill returns to health and as quickly as possible.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Sucks to hear

I hope everyone is OK and feels 100% soon!

Sorry to hear for the fans with tickets, especially those who have travelled.  
  • We All BelieveWe All Believe Posts: 581
    edited July 1
    It's an unfortunate situation all around.

4 shows over the next two weeks.

I hate to say it, and I sure as hell hope it doesn't happen, but folks should be prepared for these remaining European shows to be cancelled. If multiple band members are that sick, it's unlikely that they'll be at 100% by the 6th. By the time Barcelona comes, it will be a week and a half since the last show. If someone is that sick, it'll take more than 2 weeks just for the symptoms of whatever it is to completely go away, never mind to get back to normal. Getting better is one thing, but getting better enough to run around on stage for 2 and a half hours is something else.

May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org