Pearl Jam = Sell Outs

Rossdoc81Rossdoc81 Posts: 28
edited July 1 in The Porch
So the deal with Pearl Jam now is if you are really lucky we'll leave the US and fly on our private jet to Europe. We'll put the 10C members in the shitty seats cos we need the good seats to dynamic price with Ticketmaster, we'll dynamic price the shit out of every seat in the place so now you're paying €200-350 when four years ago it was €90, we'll book out stadiums that we have no hope of filling, we'll keep selling merch to people when the shows are already cancelled. In the end we'll just play 1 1/2 shows then cancel the rest, we'll let Ticketmaster keep the fees so fans don't get all their money back, we'll make no attempt to reschedule any shows, then we'll fly back to the US on our private jets. 

This is pathetic. I'm already in Berlin for the two gigs and have been following the band around Europe since 2000. Each year they just seem to sell out more. I saw Crowbar a week ago for €29 - they were amazing. They're from the US and are touring Europe for two months in a shitty minibus and a trailer. Kirk Windstein (the singer) is the same age as Eddie,and they are playing to 500-1000 people and making f**k all money.

It just feels to me like the band are entitled now. They are rich American millionaires that don't having a clue what's going on in Europe. They got their arses kicked with the ticket sales and are now limping back to the US. Our US brothers and sisters should learn something and stop paying these ridiculous $500+ for tickets

I'm devastasted the two gigs in the Waldbuhne aren't going ahead. I'm also kind of happy this tour feel apart cos it was a pure money grab from the beginning.

Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,281
    Ok
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,444
    Never heard of Crowbar
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,136
    NOLA metal. Good shit.
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 546
    Never heard of Crowbar
    Thats on you
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,519
    SIR, THIS IS A WENDY'S
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Why would someone be happy that a tour falls apart? So many people impacted by these cancellations.  Money lost by the band as well as fans, local merchants and artists.   Nobody wins when shows are canceled.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,519
    mcgruff10 said:
    Why would someone be happy that a tour falls apart? So many people impacted by these cancellations.  Money lost by the band as well as fans, local merchants and artists.   Nobody wins when shows are canceled.  
    reminds me of when a 5 year old stomps its feet in the grocery store when its mother won't buy it a candy. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• We All BelieveWe All Believe Posts: 581
    SIR, THIS IS A WENDY'S
    Lolololol that made me laugh out loud.
    May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,887
    They don't use private jets, do they?

I understand people being upset of course, but the lack of compassion being shown for the humans in this band right now is a bit startling to me. Obviously this is a disaster for them and surely we all know that this is the last thing they want happening.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Rossdoc81Rossdoc81 Posts: 28
    There was a pic of Eddie getting on a private jet from Dublin to London
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    PJ_Soul said:

I understand people being upset of course, but the lack of compassion being shown for the humans in this band right now is a bit startling to me. Obviously this is a disaster for them and surely we all know that this is the last thing they want happening.
    This.  How selfish or ignorant do you have to be to call people getting sick sell outs.  People really do suck sometimes 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    edited June 30
    PJ_Soul said:

No clue across the pond but someone had a pic of them flying to London on one 
  • JK109224JK109224 Posts: 604
    Elite level melt. 10/10.
    Come to send, not condescend...
    I've no issue with Eddie getting sick, we are human beings and this happens.

The main point of my post was this tour was a price gouging money grab by millionaire Americans who seem to have no idea how things work in Europe.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,867
    Sell outs...very 90's.

Gonna go back to doing some cyber surfing, in the meantime, don't have a cow man!
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
    Berlin prices for alternative gigs on  PJ nights:

2/7/24 Judas Priest €77
    3/7/24 Ty Segall €29

Are PJ really serious with €175 - 350?
This discussion has been closed.