Berlin Officially Cancelled

Comments

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,924
    In 2016 my wife and I saw Springsteen here in NJ at MetLife stadium.  He was playing multiple nights there.  The next day, a guy I work with called me and said that his cousin worked at MetLife stadium and all workers were offered 4 free floor seats for the next evenings concert. So I ended up going with him and two other guys from work for free.  So I don’t think it’s highly unusual for tickets to be given away to people that have a connection to the venue.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 532
    Weather is not the best for an outdoor show today had it gone on 
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 546
    Hoccapuk said:
    Would of still been great 
    seanclax said:
    Hoccapuk said:
    Would of still been great 
    Just saying, I’d still be there, just would have been a bit cold and wet 😂
  • GW2553GW2553 Posts: 80
    edited July 2

• thequeuethequeue Posts: 11
    Pearl Jam has become a band where they have to give the tickets away... (unfortunate arena size, I know)

I have only heard about that happening over here twice

1) Britney Spears. Her second night at Globen arena in STHLM, they were handing out tickets outside before the show.

2) Rammstein in 2022. They were giving out tickets to healthcare workers for what was left up in the rafters. They played three shows with 60.000-65.000 people though, and this was the Thursday show. The weekend shows were sold out.

I saw odesza a couple weeks ago at MSG for the 1st day of a 3 day series. There were tons of unsold tickets just a couple days before the first show, but magically by showtime it was "sold out". Granted it did look more or less completely full, but I don't think there was a lot of actual "selling". I overheard someone in the bathroom saying they got a free ticket, and a couple people online said they got $25 tickets.
  • leselampeleselampe Posts: 5
    Please, come to Berlin 2025 - we miss you
    leselampe said:
    Maybe 2026
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,889
    edited July 3
    thequeue said:
    Pearl Jam has become a band where they have to give the tickets away... (unfortunate arena size, I know)

I have only heard about that happening over here twice

1) Britney Spears. Her second night at Globen arena in STHLM, they were handing out tickets outside before the show.

2) Rammstein in 2022. They were giving out tickets to healthcare workers for what was left up in the rafters. They played three shows with 60.000-65.000 people though, and this was the Thursday show. The weekend shows were sold out.

I saw odesza a couple weeks ago at MSG for the 1st day of a 3 day series. There were tons of unsold tickets just a couple days before the first show, but magically by showtime it was "sold out". Granted it did look more or less completely full, but I don't think there was a lot of actual "selling". I overheard someone in the bathroom saying they got a free ticket, and a couple people online said they got $25 tickets.
    I bought tickets for the third Odesza MSG show during the presale but then wound up having a conflict and selling on Stubhub. Had to drop the price quite a bit before someone bought them. #paystowait  
  • Charlie_modCharlie_mod Posts: 136
    Cosmic Psychos 7/4 in Berlin
  • JABKJABK Posts: 347
    So we arrived with my friend in Berlin yesterday morning, and we knew about the cancellation before we came here. We decided still to go to Berlin for a few days and enjoy it.

But, I'm also very pissed and disappointed that this happened again after Vienna last time...I really can't believe it. I will also try to see Pearl Jam next time they come to Europe, but my tactics will change now that I've had two cancelled shows. And I really hope PJ change alot of their own tactics regarding Europe...release tours early december, suitable venues size wise, pricing, no back to back shows, do everything possible to stay healthy while working on tour, spread it out a little more (eastern and northern Europe included), don't over estimate the market, and really make sure 10C tickets really are the best in the house...small things that could make a huge difference, for both the band and the fans.
    Cheers!

Until next time...🍀🤞🤟
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,610
    I don't travel for shows so maybe I'm missing something, what would releasing tour dates in December change?

I don't travel for shows so maybe I'm missing something, what would releasing tour dates in December change?

They released dates after lots of other bands had released dates so the competition was more than it could of been. Plus the after Christmas effect of buying anything 
  • HaijayHaijay Posts: 374
    JABK said:
    So we arrived with my friend in Berlin yesterday morning, and we knew about the cancellation before we came here. We decided still to go to Berlin for a few days and enjoy it.

But, I'm also very pissed and disappointed that this happened again after Vienna last time...I really can't believe it. I will also try to see Pearl Jam next time they come to Europe, but my tactics will change now that I've had two cancelled shows. And I really hope PJ change alot of their own tactics regarding Europe...release tours early december, suitable venues size wise, pricing, no back to back shows, do everything possible to stay healthy while working on tour, spread it out a little more (eastern and northern Europe included), don't over estimate the market, and really make sure 10C tickets really are the best in the house...small things that could make a huge difference, for both the band and the fans.
    Cheers!

Until next time...🍀🤞🤟
    Don’t overestimate the market? They sold 65,000 tickets x 2 for London two years ago.  The market is there, it was the price, followed by the timing. And they did still sell a lot of tickets for Tott, nobody seems to mention that. I think the attendance would have surprised a lot of the DE-saster negative nancy’s around here. 
    Haijay said:
    JABK said:

Cheers!

Until next time...🍀🤞🤟
    Don’t overestimate the market? They sold 65,000 tickets x 2 for London two years ago.  The market is there, it was the price, followed by the timing. And they did still sell a lot of tickets for Tott, nobody seems to mention that. I think the attendance would have surprised a lot of the DE-saster negative nancy’s around here. 
    They were selling a 2 day ten club golden circle for £130 and we never got confirmation that It actually sold out. They also had 4 years to sell those tickets.
    They need to stick to arenas in europe
    Haijay said:
    JABK said:

Cheers!

Until next time...🍀🤞🤟
    Yes, you're right. With the market thing I should point out that they play big venues in certain places. London has been good for them, and Italy...but I meant more like two shows in Berlin and Barcelona...and with the prices and timing of the tour announcement they found it hard selling out.
    And I don't complain...as a paying customer I just critizies certain things. I jumped at the chance of going to Berlin to see one of my favourite bands...now they've cancelled and I want to vent a little frustration.

And all those things I mentioned above are just my personal opinion.
  • HenriettaLowellHenriettaLowell Cologne, Germany Posts: 125
    Because people were wondering about Ticketmaster refunding: I just got the full amount back, no fees kept
    Yea, also just got my refunds…bittersweet on the night of the second show
    Are the berkin refunds from ticketmaster.
    I got my night 1 ticket from ticketmaster resale
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,036
    Because people were wondering about Ticketmaster refunding: I just got the full amount back, no fees kept
    That’s good to hear… I was shocked to hear someone say they would retain the fees. 
  • D-DayD-Day Far From Home Posts: 317
    edited July 3
    80,50 € for almost nothing

Post edited by D-Day on
  • MarcvHMarcvH Posts: 40
    Got my 2 ten club tickets refunded in full. no news yet on the resale ticket I bought (a couple of days ago)..
    Arnhem 2006, Nijmegen 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Werchter 2010, Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I 2014, Amsterdam II 2017 (Ed Solo), Amsterdam I 2018, Amsterdam II 2018, Amsterdam I 2022, Amsterdam II 2022, Berlin I 2024, Berlin II 2024 and... was on the quest list of Vera Groningen 1996.. but went to my girlfriends father's birthday instead, damned!
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    MarcvH said:
    Got my 2 ten club tickets refunded in full. no news yet on the resale ticket I bought (a couple of days ago)..
    Me too. With my London refund that is around 1,000 euros I am getting back. I would still rather have been at the shows. 
    seanclax said:
    Haijay said:
    JABK said:

Cheers!

Until next time...🍀🤞🤟
    They were selling a 2 day ten club golden circle for £130 and we never got confirmation that It actually sold out. They also had 4 years to sell those tickets.
    The first BST was the fastest selling one ever, so another was added, and it was almost as fast. THEN the peeps had to sit on their tickets for 3 years
  • RyanRyan Posts: 1,098
    Haijay said:
    seanclax said:
    Haijay said:
    JABK said:

Cheers!

Until next time...🍀🤞🤟
    The first BST was the fastest selling one ever, so another was added, and it was almost as fast. THEN the peeps had to sit on their tickets for 3 years
    I think that time frame is a bit off.  They only had on BST show scheduled in 2020 which was cancelled and then second one was added when the tour was reschedule for either 2021 or the second reschedule to 2022.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
    Ryan said:
    Haijay said:
    seanclax said:
    Haijay said:
    JABK said:

Cheers!

Until next time...🍀🤞🤟
    I think that time frame is a bit off.  They only had on BST show scheduled in 2020 which was cancelled and then second one was added when the tour was reschedule for either 2021 or the second reschedule to 2022.
    Second show was added in 2021. Tickets were first sold in 2019 and were still available the week before the event.
    What a great weekend though
    Full refund through 10C 👍
  • I don't travel for shows so maybe I'm missing something, what would releasing tour dates in December change?

1)
    Release Tour dates ahead of (or at least at the same time with) other acts touring at the same time next year (to avoid that potential concert goers already bought tickets for other shows around/at the same date + ... to avoid that the fans spent their concert/show budget for next year on other tickets already before you even anounce your own tour dates)     

2)
    Allow potential concert goers to plan long term, in particular if you are touring during summer vacations/travel seasons  (...to avoid that the fans are on their vacations somewhere else while you are touring their neck of the woods + ... to allow more fans making plans to actually attend shows, because many of them have to synchronize their travelling with colleagues at work and/or with their family very long term + ... to enable concert goers to book trains/flights/hotels as early as possible because often that's the cheapest way to make bookings)

3)
    Use the christmas effect 

• vedders manvedders man Posts: 33
    seanclax said:
    leselampe said:
    Maybe 2026
    Lottery numbers?