Berlin Officially Cancelled

Comments

• HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,123
    I believe the view should be the complete opposite than most of the comments here. More the reason to try to see the band as much as possible. 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • sdharv1919sdharv1919 Posts: 27
    The post-COVID global surge of illnesses – viral and bacterial, common and historically rare – is a mystery that researchers and scientists are still trying to definitively explain. The way COVID lockdowns shifted baseline immunities is a piece of the puzzle, as is the pandemic's hit to overall vaccine administration and compliance. Climate change, rising social inequality and wrung-out health-care services are contributing in ways that are hard to measure.

- Bloomberg

That last sentence lol 🤡
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98
    Alpine Valley 6/27/98
    East Lansing 8/18/98
    Knoxville 9/6/98
    D.C. (Constitution Hall) 9/19/98
    Nobelsville 8/18/00
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Detroit (EV) 6/26/11
    Wrigley 8/22/16
    Wrigley 8/18/18
    Noblesville 8/26/24
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,080
    edited June 30
    I believe the view should be the complete opposite than most of the comments here. More the reason to try to see the band as much as possible. 
    More the reason for the band to tour more countries when they come over so more fans only loose the cash they paid for a babysitter or a trainride when the band do cancel. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,618
    jimmerpro said:
    The pandemic is over.  No one else cancels like this.   They must just be sickly than most. Time to hang it up.  Short play list and cancellations?  Stop wasting our money 
    Wake up... new Covid strains mutations are always gonna be around. It's not a pandemic right now but Covid virus isn't going anywhere
  • sdharv1919sdharv1919 Posts: 27
    jimmerpro said:
    The pandemic is over.  No one else cancels like this.   They must just be sickly than most. Time to hang it up.  Short play list and cancellations?  Stop wasting our money 
    Wake up... new Covid strains mutations are always gonna be around. It's not a pandemic right now but Covid virus isn't going anywhere
    Yep.  Either is the flu, what’s your point?
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98
    Alpine Valley 6/27/98
    East Lansing 8/18/98
    Knoxville 9/6/98
    D.C. (Constitution Hall) 9/19/98
    Nobelsville 8/18/00
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Detroit (EV) 6/26/11
    Wrigley 8/22/16
    Wrigley 8/18/18
    Noblesville 8/26/24
  • ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,281
    jimmerpro said:
    We have had a much better handle on the flu over decades and decades, as oppoaed to a virus that is 4 years old and still hasn't fallen into the type of seasonal pattern like the flu has

Objectively, COVID throws way more of a wildcard into making future plans than the Flu, as of right now

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    jimmerpro said:
    I agree with you.  Flu, covid, whatever you want to call it.  Seems like with Covid or the flu it can be mild or can put you down for a week.  
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,136
    Judas Priest 7/2 if anyone needs a Plan B. 3rd looking slim.
  • YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Posts: 4,630
    Haijay said:
    seanclax said:
    While it is very unfortunate and I feel for those who had tickets and especially who traveled for these gigs, I am eagerly waiting for the dust to settle so there can be a bit more rationality with it all reaction-wise

It sucks however COVID is still a thing in 2024.  Just because people are bummed about it doesn't mean the fanbase is done with PJ and they will be forced to play smaller places now because the hardcore fanbase is tired of them getting ill beyond their control
    The hard-core fanbase isn't enough to fill these places in Europe now. It'll be one night arena shows for each country next time. 
    The hard core fanbase has NEVER been enough to fill up any place for any band. You guys WAY overestimate the hardcores. Its the 30-60-90 people that camp out for rail, and most of the people in the pit. Thats pretty much it, the rest are only lowly-ass fans of the band and the casuals. 
    I'm going to let you in on a little secret.  You see, there's this lady performer by the name of Taylor Swift.  And she has A LOT of hardcore fans.  I mean, A LOT.  They are called "Swifties."  She is currently selling out football stadiums worldwide and this has been going on for many years.  It really is unprecedented how many hardcore fans she has.  The shows are all sold out.  There are celebrities at each show in a VIP tent that would make other bands green with envy.  In fact, Mr. Vedder was at one of those said shows.  Her demand for tickets were so large worldwide that it crashed Ticketmaster numerous times.   Tens of thousands of these hardcore fans trade friendship bracelets at every show and new bonds are made at every show.  Thousands of fans that cannot get into the shows actually form parties outside the stadiums that are being performed in by Taylor and they sing songs, trade bracelets and make new friendships.  Soooooooo.......just saying, "Never" isn't EXACTLY true. 
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    I'd always wanted to see the band or Ed in Europe. Now? No chance I'm travelling that far for a show. Just the reality, not a complaint. 
    Go to a place you want to visit anyways. Europe is amazing. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,519
    I'd always wanted to see the band or Ed in Europe. Now? No chance I'm travelling that far for a show. Just the reality, not a complaint. 
    definitely. Probably Ed solo if/when he hits Italy. If he cancels, I'm still in Italy. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• HaijayHaijay Posts: 374
    seanclax said:
    Haijay said:
    seanclax said:
    While it is very unfortunate and I feel for those who had tickets and especially who traveled for these gigs, I am eagerly waiting for the dust to settle so there can be a bit more rationality with it all reaction-wise

It sucks however COVID is still a thing in 2024.  Just because people are bummed about it doesn't mean the fanbase is done with PJ and they will be forced to play smaller places now because the hardcore fanbase is tired of them getting ill beyond their control
    The hard-core fanbase isn't enough to fill these places in Europe now. It'll be one night arena shows for each country next time. 
    The hard core fanbase has NEVER been enough to fill up any place for any band. You guys WAY overestimate the hardcores. Its the 30-60-90 people that camp out for rail, and most of the people in the pit. Thats pretty much it, the rest are only lowly-ass fans of the band and the casuals. 
    And you way underestimate the amount of casual fans who will pay £160 to see them when the foo fighters and green day are charging £90
    No, i dont, actually. The prices they were charging are absolutely ridiculous. If they can’t make a profit for less than that, they need to re-evaluate their business model. 
  • HaijayHaijay Posts: 374
    Haijay said:
    seanclax said:

I'm going to let you in on a little secret.  You see, there's this lady performer by the name of Taylor Swift.  And she has A LOT of hardcore fans.  I mean, A LOT.  They are called "Swifties."  She is currently selling out football stadiums worldwide and this has been going on for many years.  It really is unprecedented how many hardcore fans she has.  The shows are all sold out.  There are celebrities at each show in a VIP tent that would make other bands green with envy.  In fact, Mr. Vedder was at one of those said shows.  Her demand for tickets were so large worldwide that it crashed Ticketmaster numerous times.   Tens of thousands of these hardcore fans trade friendship bracelets at every show and new bonds are made at every show.  Thousands of fans that cannot get into the shows actually form parties outside the stadiums that are being performed in by Taylor and they sing songs, trade bracelets and make new friendships.  Soooooooo.......just saying, "Never" isn't EXACTLY true. 
    Ok, you got me on that. So, there is ONE out there…….
  • killcropkillcrop Posts: 12
    They should probably arrive in Europe a couple weeks early to acclimate 
  • killcropkillcrop Posts: 12
    Now cue all the - 'Don't be so negative' posts! 

Sucks for EVERYONE who paid for tickets, flights, accommodation. Even the ticket refunds dont inc ticket service charges. 

Oh...so much pessimism on here....Can you blame us?! 

Even 10c membership doesn't guarantee tickets anymore. What is going on!? 
    Here's  the way I look at it... bummed that the PJ shows are canceled.But I'll be in Berlin and not Camden or Detroit. Im still going to explore and have fun.
    But Im done with the overseas travelling for PJ.
    The risk is not worth the reward. 
    Ha ha, leave Detroit of of this!
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    edited June 30
    definitely. Probably Ed solo if/when he hits Italy. If he cancels, I'm still in Italy. 
    Yup, Italy is always my #1. Also just visited Vancouver and in the past have visited Ontario, Amsterdam, Ireland, Spain, London and all over the U.S. to see PJ/EV. Our only cancellations so far have been Sacto/Vegas in 2022, but as Chicagoans, we get plenty of hometown shows. After 103 PJ shows now, I am picking my travel destinations strategically. 
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • incognitonyincognitony Posts: 149
    My lungs haven't been the same since I had Covid the 2nd (3rd, 4th, fuck if i know how many) time. Comparisons to the flu with this fanbase's overall education is a little surprising. 
  • Rossdoc81Rossdoc81 Posts: 28
    So the deal with Pearl Jam now is if you are really lucky we'll leave the US and fly on our private jet to Europe. We'll put the 10C members in the shitty seats cos we need the good seats to dynamic price with Ticketmaster, we'll dynamic price the shit out of every seat in the place so now you're paying €200-350 when four years ago it was €90, we'll book out stadiums that we have no hope of filling, we'll keep selling merch to people when the shows are already cancelled. In the end we'll just play 1 1/2 shows then cancel the rest, we'll let Ticketmaster keep the fees so fans don't get all their money back, we'll make no attempt to reschedule any shows, then we'll fly back to the US on our private jets. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,887
    My lungs haven't been the same since I had Covid the 2nd (3rd, 4th, fuck if i know how many) time. Comparisons to the flu with this fanbase's overall education is a little surprising. 
    Yeah, I've had long covid for 2 and a half years now, and it's pretty much completely ruining my entire life. I need disability accommodations for work and everything. Covid is not the fucking flu.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • We All BelieveWe All Believe Posts: 581
    edited July 1
    Same. All it took was the first time I got it, January 2020. Now, 4 1/2 years later, even if I get slightly sick, my lungs and chest light up and I cough for weeks/months at a time. I was sick at the beginning of this month, and everything has disappeared except this fucking cough.
    May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
    Rossdoc81 said:
    So the deal with Pearl Jam now is if you are really lucky we'll leave the US and fly on our private jet to Europe. We'll put the 10C members in the shitty seats cos we need the good seats to dynamic price with Ticketmaster, we'll dynamic price the shit out of every seat in the place so now you're paying €200-350 when four years ago it was €90, we'll book out stadiums that we have no hope of filling, we'll keep selling merch to people when the shows are already cancelled. In the end we'll just play 1 1/2 shows then cancel the rest, we'll let Ticketmaster keep the fees so fans don't get all their money back, we'll make no attempt to reschedule any shows, then we'll fly back to the US on our private jets. 
    one whiney childish post that got shut down wasn't enough?

www.headstonesband.com

• ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,281
    Rossdoc81 said:

This is just a copy and paste from your thread here that just got closed:

We get it, chill out my dude lol
  • jjm33jjm33 Posts: 201
    I caught covid from my trip to the Dublin show. Started feeling symptoms on Monday and was a mess Tuesday. Got on paxlovid TH night and it’s helping but I’m still struggling. Horrible cough, right ear fully blocked, fatigue…
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,618
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah, I've had long covid for 2 and a half years now, and it's pretty much completely ruining my entire life. I need disability accommodations for work and everything. Covid is not the fucking flu.

I'm in health care. Still haven't had it.. don't want it.. no one knows what long term effect on lungs will be... and I don't want brain fog. So all those deniers are morons and it's serious shit....
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,123
    More the reason for the band to tour more countries when they come over so more fans only loose the cash they paid for a babysitter or a trainride when the band do cancel. 
    For sure, but at the same time those fans decided to travel. If they announce any non-festival South American dates, I plan on going. And if they cancel, so what, I’m in fucking Chile and Argentina exploring. Thankful for this band giving me excuse after excuse to travel. 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    More transparency would be nice.
    Respecting people’s privacy is even nicer. 
    Respecting people’s privacy is even nicer. 
    100 freaking percent

www.headstonesband.com

• YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 837
    For sure, but at the same time those fans decided to travel. If they announce any non-festival South American dates, I plan on going. And if they cancel, so what, I’m in fucking Chile and Argentina exploring. Thankful for this band giving me excuse after excuse to travel. 
    +1
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    What exactly are you looking for?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,087
    Vedd Hedd said:
    What exactly are you looking for?
    Live feed from Eddie’s hotel bathroom. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024