• ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    edited July 1
    pdalowsky said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    reismann said:
    JackD. said:
    JackD. said:
    JackD. said:
    Rescheduling not possible? Waldbühne and Wuhlheide both available after NOS Alive.

They don‘t want to. This European tour has done more damage to the fanbase than to Ed‘s voice. Everything was cursed and fucked up from the very beginning.
    Didn't they clearly state in the London case that they had scheduling conflicts stopping them from rescheduling. What has arenas being available to do with that?
    Tottenham probably has commitments. Even if availability doesn’t matter, why not postpone indefinitely or for 2025. Have a look how great Springsteen handeled things for the postponed European shows.
    Last time they postponed shows for years, people got mad that the new dates weren’t being booked fast enough so it’s just easier to cancel

Theres no postponement for 2025 because there’s a good chance Europe won’t get PJ again until 2027/2028 based on how the band is operating now 
    My point is: If they really wanted to make up for the mess they could change plans and come back next year playing anything they‘ve cancelled over the last few years.

But they don‘t care. I get it.
    Because of the really bad treatment of us 10C members in 6 weeks my membership expires. I am not prepared anymore to pay for a membership where you get a possibility to buy expensive tickets for shows which will be cancelled and not postponed. 
    I fully expect to see you here in 6 weeks.
    Tenclub have been a godsend in many ways over the years of touring. To think people would cancel their memberships due to shows being cancelled through illness, or the dynamic pricing model that TM brought in is a bit extreme. Tenclub membership is worth every cent to me.

Sort of.  I agree, I would never cancel due to illness.   That being said, the Platinum ticket thing is having a really big impact.  They block off swathes of the best tickets for platinum, push 10c members further back, then the platinum tickets don't sell, and they get sold for face value or cheaper to the general public.  It's not great.  It's causing many fans to play the upgrade game, and they don't end up using their 10c tickets.    I can see why fans would stop, when they can get better tickets when TM drops the ones they couldn't sell for platinum later on.

I'll keep mine because I have an older membership that still gets decent tickets, but my spouse and friends that have newer memberships.  They rarely use their 10c tickets, and will most likely cancel.  You don't get much else for the $35usd/year.

I also think the cancelling the show thing has a bigger impact.   They're struggling to complete tours without cancelling dates.   They aren't the only band to have this problem in the post covid world.   That being said, if you're shelling out a bunch of travel money to go see a band play somewhere, and it gets cancelled, it sucks.   If this is the new normal, I could see it slowing down the number of fans that travel to shows (at least further away than they can drive).   Given that PJ tours are smaller and not expansive, it's probably going to lead to cancellations, because if you're not willing to travel, you might not need a 10c membership.

I hope the band is ok, resumes the tour, and wraps it up in an epic manor.

I will absolutely go whenever they play in Vancouver and/or Seattle again :)

Post edited by Zod on
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,136
    Ticketmaster doesn’t refund the fees for the cancelled shows? 
    Is this a UK/Euro thing? Anytime I've received a cancellation refund it's been the full amount.
  • leselampeleselampe Posts: 5
    vedderman said:
    London sold only 50% of the tickets and got cancelled. Berlin didn't sell well, I couldn't believe how many tickets were still available a few days ago.
    Barcelona ticket sale has been even worse than Berlin. Let's wait and see what happens by Wednesday. My guess is Barcelona will be cancelled as well.
    Only 50%? 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    leselampe said:
    vedderman said:
    London sold only 50% of the tickets and got cancelled. Berlin didn't sell well, I couldn't believe how many tickets were still available a few days ago.
    Barcelona ticket sale has been even worse than Berlin. Let's wait and see what happens by Wednesday. My guess is Barcelona will be cancelled as well.
    Only 50%? 
    There were tickets listed for 5 euro each on the resale page.  They could have started to give tickets away and still wouldnt have filled the stadium.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 315
    edited July 1
    The band appears to have made streams of shows so far available for free via TM for those who attended..Could be coincidence, or it could be a mea culpa to the fan base.
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • reismannreismann Posts: 36
    Vedd Hedd said:
    reismann said:
    JackD. said:
    JackD. said:
    JackD. said:
    Rescheduling not possible? Waldbühne and Wuhlheide both available after NOS Alive.

They don‘t want to. This European tour has done more damage to the fanbase than to Ed‘s voice. Everything was cursed and fucked up from the very beginning.
    Didn't they clearly state in the London case that they had scheduling conflicts stopping them from rescheduling. What has arenas being available to do with that?
    Tottenham probably has commitments. Even if availability doesn’t matter, why not postpone indefinitely or for 2025. Have a look how great Springsteen handeled things for the postponed European shows.
    Last time they postponed shows for years, people got mad that the new dates weren’t being booked fast enough so it’s just easier to cancel

Theres no postponement for 2025 because there’s a good chance Europe won’t get PJ again until 2027/2028 based on how the band is operating now 
    My point is: If they really wanted to make up for the mess they could change plans and come back next year playing anything they‘ve cancelled over the last few years.

But they don‘t care. I get it.
    Because of the really bad treatment of us 10C members in 6 weeks my membership expires. I am not prepared anymore to pay for a membership where you get a possibility to buy expensive tickets for shows which will be cancelled and not postponed. 
    I fully expect to see you here in 6 weeks.
    The chance is really really low that you will see me here again. Why? When the 10C membership went up the 10C promised to update the European store. The store at the moment has the same bad stuff in the same sizes like around 2 years ago! There is ZERO modification. To buy a record in the US-Store makes no sense in my eyes because the shipping costs are the same as the record. As a German who lives in London UK a 10C membership costs me 40 Dollars + 20% tax (for UK). It is an internet membership, I get no real stuff !!! For me it is too expensive to be paying member to get nothing apart from the cheap download. Every 2 years to get the chance to buy tickets on a price level of  Springsteen. I am also a member of the U2 Fanclub.There you get something. A book a cd etc. And I can also buy tickets. And here I pay 40 dollars next year probably 50 without tax!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    leselampe said:
    vedderman said:
    Only 50%? 
    There were tickets listed for 5 euro each on the resale page.  They could have started to give tickets away and still wouldnt have filled the stadium.
    Isn't that why so many other bands are cancelling and scaling back venues, due to the ticketing process holding back so many tickets on initial sale, and gouging those who do pre and early sales?  From what I've seen so far is most shows are very full if not sold out (US shows).  They seem to have sold well during the last Euro tour.  This all seems very strange.  
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,519
    the band is already there. they aren't cancelling because of low tickets. that's absurd. it would cost them more money to cancel than to play to a half empty arena. I don't know why everyone keeps talking about ticket sales. If that was it, they would have cancelled the entire EU tour and not had them and all their crew travel and stay in hotels. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• smile6680smile6680 Posts: 378
    edited July 1
    the band is already there. they aren't cancelling because of low tickets. that's absurd. it would cost them more money to cancel than to play to a half empty arena. I don't know why everyone keeps talking about ticket sales. If that was it, they would have cancelled the entire EU tour and not had them and all their crew travel and stay in hotels. 
    I agree with you. There is no way that they are cancelling shows due to poor ticket sales.
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,123
    If they play smaller venues the next time in Europe, I’m talking 10,000 capacity or less, I’ll be making the next Euro leg.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,036
    edited July 1
    Everything’s a conspiracy now, Hugh, everything’s a scam and by golly everyone out there is so smart they’re going to be the first ones to figure it all out. 
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,889
    edited July 1
    leselampe said:
    vedderman said:
    Only 50%? 
    This is true. I was wearing a PJ shirt at Green Day and someone who works for the Tottenham hotspur club told me all employees were offered four free tickets and the offer was later extended to every employee of every Premier league team. I think the poor sales partly explains why they are canceling the shows instead of postponing, but I don't think it has much to do with the decision not to play the show in the first place.  
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 501
    get this logic out of here, conspiracies are so much more fun
    Everything’s a conspiracy now, Hugh, everything’s a scam and by golly everyone out there is so smart they’re going to be the first ones to figure it all out. 
    This.

My god, when did we become so obsessed with personal persecution conspiracies?  Shit happens.  Shit has always happened, and shit will continue to happen.

The world isn’t out to get you.  Stop believing the dumbest people on the planet.  You know, the ones with podcasts and twitter feeds that are full of hot garbage designed to get you to “think”.  We truly live in the dumbest times.

I can’t remember the quote, but it goes something along the lines of you should never believe anyone who is trying to tell you something you wouldn’t believe.  
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,959

• JK109224JK109224 Posts: 604
    If the venue sells 100 tickets or 50,000 tickets, the band itself makes the same amount of money.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    Every day is is one more day that Eddie wakes up and hopefully is feeling much better than the day before.  For his sake and our sake. 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,763
    JK109224 said:
    If the venue sells 100 tickets or 50,000 tickets, the band itself makes the same amount of money.

True to a point, they probably get a flat fee plus profit sharing of the dynamic/platinum pricing. At MSG they probably walk with more than their fee vs. shows that do not sell well. I am just guessing, but it is probably the reason they signed off on it and let the good seats be sold at the platinum level rather than going to the 10C.
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,596
    SHZA said:
    leselampe said:
    vedderman said:
    Only 50%? 
    This is true. I was wearing a PJ shirt at Green Day and someone who works for the Tottenham hotspur club told me all employees were offered four free tickets and the offer was later extended to every employee of every Premier league team. I think the poor sales partly explains why they are canceling the shows instead of postponing, but I don't think it has much to do with the decision not to play the show in the first place.  
    👀
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
    SHZA said:
    leselampe said:
    vedderman said:
    Only 50%? 

Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,924
    He’s doing paintings, can’t be that sick 🤷‍♀️
    He’s laying low so he doesn’t bump into people complaining about the cost of Pearl Jam soccer balls. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,036
    on2legs said:
    He’s doing paintings, can’t be that sick 🤷‍♀️
    He’s laying low so he doesn’t bump into people complaining about the cost of Pearl Jam soccer balls. 

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    This is true?
    How do I know this is true?
    Hunter Biden told me it was true.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    Winner......BINGO. 

Its great when someone brings common sense to the  table :)

Hankj25 said:
    SHZA said:
    leselampe said:
    vedderman said:
    Only 50%? 

It very likely was true, they were offering NHS workers up to 4 tickets each also......that stadium is HUGE and why not try to fill it a few days out from show time. They can make a few extra quid from those people turning up then who otherwise wouldnt maybe buying a few beers, t shirts etc
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,080
    edited July 2
    Pearl Jam has become a band where they have to give the tickets away... (unfortunate arena size, I know)

I have only heard about that happening over here twice

1) Britney Spears. Her second night at Globen arena in STHLM, they were handing out tickets outside before the show.

2) Rammstein in 2022. They were giving out tickets to healthcare workers for what was left up in the rafters. They played three shows with 60.000-65.000 people though, and this was the Thursday show. The weekend shows were sold out.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,097
    Trust me, it happens all the time. There's a website in the UK that is built specifically for this, you pay them a few quid in fees and you get tickets for free to show that haven't sold out. I saw The Who last year and got £120 tickets for £7.50 each. 
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
    Pearl Jam has become a band where they have to give the tickets away... (unfortunate arena size, I know)

I have only heard about that happening over here twice

1) Britney Spears. Her second night at Globen arena in STHLM, they were handing out tickets outside before the show.

2) Rammstein in 2022. They were giving out tickets to healthcare workers for what was left up in the rafters. They played three shows with 60.000-65.000 people though, and this was the Thursday show. The weekend shows were sold out.
    Yeah this isnt unusual these days out here
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    For the record I don’t think there’s a conspiracy, I believe the band is truly sick, and was just responding to the comment about ticket sales
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,080
    edited July 2
    nvm, illogical take
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"