How sick is ed?

Comments

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,151
    Will it be a theatre like 2022?
    I don't think the fans are being told what's going on. In 2022 you had to wait until just before the concert for the cancellation.
    Why is there no statement from the manager? Just give an info, what is the matter...
    The show isn’t for a couple days, you want them to give you hourly updates about a cold? 
    For sure why not?!

Is he a tissues kind of guy or maybe a handkerchief?

the colour of the phlegm

sinus congestion to runny nose ratio

maybe even sneeze tally. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,862
    I don't think the fans are being told what's going on. In 2022 you had to wait until just before the concert for the cancellation.
    Why is there no statement from the manager? Just give an info, what is the matter...
    The show isn’t for a couple days, you want them to give you hourly updates about a cold? 
    For sure why not?!

the colour of the phlegm

maybe even sneeze tally. 
    I actually like the sneeze tally suggestion 
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,319
    For sure why not?!

the colour of the phlegm

maybe even sneeze tally. 
    I actually like the sneeze tally suggestion 
    "Sneeze tally" reminds me that I have a friend who, when he sneezes, always sneezes exactly seven times. It's the darndest thing. All of his friends know it so, if he sneezes among friends, everyone counts off the remaining sneezes. I'm not sure he appreciates it.

I was at this same friend's house for the first time several years ago, and I noticed what looked like a full-size replica Emmy sitting on his piano. I asked him, "Where did you get that?" His perfectly delivered reply was, "Um, I won it." Indeed he had. I knew how many times this guy sneezes but I did not know, until that moment, that he is an Emmy-winning composer.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 312
    For sure why not?!

the colour of the phlegm

maybe even sneeze tally. 
    For 150 notes it's the least they can offer.
  • There's only one thing we know for certain...

Love Reign O'er Me ain't getting played on Saturday
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,292
    There's only one thing we know for certain...

Purple rain might though 
  • paylingpayling Posts: 338
    There's only one thing we know for certain...

Purple rain might though 
    Mankind and/or Don’t Gimme No Lip would be cool
    PA
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,959
    Let Josh sing! :/ 
  • PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 724
    PJINFLA said:
    Ed was also recently sick at the 2nd Vegas show.
    That was just from being in the desert, not a sickness. 
    Call it what you will but it made for a disappointing performance at the 2nd Vegas show after a great 1st night.
    4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
  • jgregory89jgregory89 Las Vegas Posts: 195
    PJINFLA said:
    PJINFLA said:
    Call it what you will but it made for a disappointing performance at the 2nd Vegas show after a great 1st night.
    Disappointing?  I thought it was still a pretty good show as far as his performance went.  Would've liked a set as good as night 1, but I thought he was fine. 
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,463
    PJINFLA said:
    PJINFLA said:
    I was definitely not disappointed by night 2. I didn't really notice any voice issues despite him mentioning it
  • dwjmu84dwjmu84 Posts: 387
    I just did some google searching. Don’t recall anything about it in the Zane and Bill interviews. Yeah there’s pictures from 2018 of him with a cig. I’m pretty mind-blown, sorry guys. I thought this whole time he kicked it. Don’t recall seeing him smoking on stage or side stage since the long hair Backspacer days.
    I quit cigarettes in 2019 and switched to a vape. I quit the vape about 2 months ago, and it’s been very difficult. 
    It’s in the Bill interview. He’s still smoking 
    It's in Jill's instagram posts haha.

He told a story St Paul N1 last year of how he was smoking and warming up in the shower before the show.  He's probably never going to quit, and he will be lucky to come away unscathed. It is what it is. Just enjoy every moment b/c it may be the last.

Hope everyone has fun at the shows!
  • Tom GTom G Posts: 10
    Made Manchester quite interesting. Was a little disappointing but made for some great ad hoc setlist management.

To me he can only get better before the weekend. Sure it will go ahead and be a great gig!
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,123
    edited June 27
    dwjmu84 said:
    I just did some google searching. Don’t recall anything about it in the Zane and Bill interviews. Yeah there’s pictures from 2018 of him with a cig. I’m pretty mind-blown, sorry guys. I thought this whole time he kicked it. Don’t recall seeing him smoking on stage or side stage since the long hair Backspacer days.
    I quit cigarettes in 2019 and switched to a vape. I quit the vape about 2 months ago, and it’s been very difficult. 
    It’s in the Bill interview. He’s still smoking 
    It's in Jill's instagram posts haha.

He told a story St Paul N1 last year of how he was smoking and warming up in the shower before the show.  He's probably never going to quit, and he will be lucky to come away unscathed. It is what it is. Just enjoy every moment b/c it may be the last.

Hope everyone has fun at the shows!
    I was at that show. Totally forgot about that. I’m an idiot for thinking this whole time he quit lo
    Post edited by HailHailVitalogy on
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,808
    edited June 27
    Here's my guess...and you all aren't gonna like it, but I think we should all prepare. We're definitely a LOT closer to the destination than the beginning.

Enjoy the band while we have it. The signs are there. Jeff doesn't like touring as much as he used to. Touring has been cut way back even if you throw out 2020 and 2021. Look at the number of shows from about 2010 on and especially from 2015 on.

I'd expect one more album and that's it. I don't think they want to be like the Rolling Stones and tour into their 80s. Two more albums will probably most likely not happen.

HOWEVER... I can easily see Eddie (and Mike?) pop up "post-retirement" in random capacities. Maybe a small EV tour of like 5-6 shows or doing a song or two for some movie here and there. This stuff is a LOT less strenuous than a Pearl Jam tour.

If I'm in Europe, I'm watching things carefully. Plan for the best, but hope for the worst. Don't be upset if it's a few hours before the show and an announcement is released.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 828
    Here's my guess...and you all aren't gonna like it, but I think we should all prepare. We're definitely a LOT closer to the destination than the beginning.

Enjoy the band while we have it. The signs are there. Jeff doesn't like touring as much as he used to. Touring has been cut way back even if you throw out 2020 and 2021. Look at the number of shows from about 2010 on and especially from 2015 on.

I'd expect one more album and that's it. I don't think they want to be like the Rolling Stones and tour into their 80s. Two more albums will probably most likely not happen.

HOWEVER... I can easily see Eddie (and Mike?) pop up "post-retirement" in random capacities. Maybe a small EV tour of like 5-6 shows or doing a song or two for some movie here and there. This stuff is a LOT less strenuous than a Pearl Jam tour.

If I'm in Europe, I'm watching things carefully. Plan for the best, but hope for the worst. Don't be upset if it's a few hours before the show and an announcement is released.
    Given the ticket sales in Berlin and Barcelona and being sick.... would it not maybe make sense to chop the second night on both of those?
  • vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 888
    PJINFLA said:
    PJINFLA said:
    Kinda agree. I understand the reasoning but the continuous talking after every song and up & down setlist did not flow at all.  And  Something Special at the end of the encore really let the air out of the building especially sandwiched between Evolution and Alive.  Still had fun but wouldn’t rank this in the top half of shows I’ve seen. 
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,319

I don't get this take at all. I just saw this band play ten shows last month. They looked like they were having a ball. They love their new record and were excited to play it. They're doing the shows they want to do when and where they want to do them. They did not seem in any respect like a band that is getting close to, or even thinking about, hanging it up. Nor has any of the press they've done in support of the album and tour suggested otherwise.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,488
    Lots of illness about . It's gonna happen.
    I've developed a cold after the Manchester show. It's one of those things 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Our NZ friends would say “he’s sick bro” 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Posts: 1,029
    No it is "fully sick bro"
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
    BALLBOY said:
    No it is "fully sick bro"
    😄👌
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 546
    kaw753 said:

Given the ticket sales in Berlin and Barcelona and being sick.... would it not maybe make sense to chop the second night on both of those?
    Spoken like a man who doesn't have tickets to those shows
  • LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 156
    seanclax said:
    kaw753 said:

Exactly.  I think they should just put all their effort into a 5 hour London show then cancel the rest of the tour if they're not up to it afterwards.  
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 910
    seanclax said:
    kaw753 said:

+1
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,080
    edited June 28
    BF25394 said:

I don't get this take at all. I just saw this band play ten shows last month. They looked like they were having a ball. They love their new record and were excited to play it. They're doing the shows they want to do when and where they want to do them. They did not seem in any respect like a band that is getting close to, or even thinking about, hanging it up. Nor has any of the press they've done in support of the album and tour suggested otherwise.

Eddie Vedder has said that he thinks Pearl Jam have “one or two” good records left in them, ahead of the release of their new album. The singer was speaking to MOJO Magazine a month ahead of the release of 'Dark Matter', their 12th studio record. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    BF25394 said:

Eddie Vedder has said that he thinks Pearl Jam have “one or two” good records left in them, ahead of the release of their new album. The singer was speaking to MOJO Magazine a month ahead of the release of 'Dark Matter', their 12th studio record. 

How many bad ones though? 
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 2,922

Surely you can't be serious...
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    Uh oh
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Posts: 1,062
    Pretty sick I’d guess