albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,080
    Never heard of anyone getting sick playing Gothenburg in Sweden.

YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW AMERICAN ROCKBANDS REFUSING US
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,319
    How sick is Ed?

He's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from a guy who knows a kid who's going with a girl who saw him pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I think it's serious.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • reyrey Posts: 280
    Maybe Josh can fill in for him while he recovers.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,319
    I agree definitely ill he won't recover in 3 days but will probably battle on like last night. I worry about his immune system the amount he gets these viruses. And sounded comparable to 2018
    Years of smoking doesn't help.

With respect to air-conditioned plane rides, it sounds like he has an actual infection with some sort of respiratory virus. Even if he were  staying in a meat locker, but he would still need to be exposed to someone with an active infection to catch a virus.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,136
    They gotta stop booking the Four Seasons next to the Dublin Institute of Virology 
  • Zen23Zen23 Posts: 453
    BF25394 said:
    How sick is Ed?

He's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from a guy who knows a kid who's going with a girl who saw him pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I think it's serious.
    People are rightly worried. So let it go. Eddie is a public figure on whom the success of a European tour depends. For whom fans have bought tens of thousands of tickets, booked flights and hotels. 
  • joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,247
    Touch Me, I'm Sick
    😂😂😂
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    I use to have to do speaking engagements at full volume in my last job.   If I did that when I had a cold, speaking at full presentation volume for 90 minutes would make it it worse for days.  Hopefully he does end up missing a few shows at the expense of the last one.  Tough decisions to make.

In regards to the post way up, I thought he sounded pretty good in Vancouver.   I didn't think Ed was anywhere near hanging it up.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,488
    pjl44 said:
    They gotta stop booking the Four Seasons next to the Dublin Institute of Virology 
    I like this one
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    BF25394 said:
    How sick is Ed?

YARN  I am your fathers brothers nephews cousins former roommate   Spaceballs 1987  Video gifs by quotes  115bf092
    pjl44 said:
    I love Snottingman off Virology
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    pjl44 said:
    Snot For You come on it's right there
    Jokes aside I hope he has a speedy recovery and the shows go off with a bang. I'm sure it's stressful for everyone involved.
  • MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 1,081
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Snot For You come on it's right there
    Bugs too.  A staple banger on Virology
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    pjl44 said:
    Jokes aside I hope he has a speedy recovery and the shows go off with a bang. I'm sure it's stressful for everyone involved.
    I am sure with the few days off now before the next show he will be all good. 
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,432
    edited June 26
    A three day incubation period points to Dublin, not airplane? 

p.s. Get well soon!
  • It seemed to me that Ed was suffering with cold or flu type symptoms as opposed to the throat issues he has had before.
    Fingers crossed some Antibiotics and a couple of days rest will sort him out for London.
    It was still a great gig last night and Ed was really making a effort to interact with the crowd.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,880

Has anyone ever played there though? 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,880
    Summer covid surge is real
    You had to go there didn’t ya 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023

Artist -  Crowd size

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,076

Artist -  Crowd size

That's all of Sweden attending!
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 546
    It seemed to me that Ed was suffering with cold or flu type symptoms as opposed to the throat issues he has had before.
    Fingers crossed some Antibiotics and a couple of days rest will sort him out for London.
    It was still a great gig last night and Ed was really making a effort to interact with the crowd.
    It's definitely illness related.
    3 whole days rest is alot of recovery time
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,887
    edited June 26
    matt84 said:
    Is he actually sick though? Loved the Manchester show last night, but I was thinking that maybe we’re not far from the end of live shows from the band. I was at the Amsterdam show in 2022, so sadly my last two shows, Ed wasn’t feeling his best. My thought is that it’s just Ed getting older and not being able to sing like he did 20 years ago, or even 10 years ago. And there’s nothing wrong with that, he’s had an awesome run. That being said, if they do carry on and there’s just more singing from the crowd (there was lots of that last night), then that’s just fine with me. The band can still deliver.

I may be completely wrong here and he is just sick, and just bad luck it was my last two shows (even though it didn’t bother me in the slightest). I haven’t read any reviews or watched any videos from the US leg so no idea how he sounded for those shows?

He sounded fantastic during the North American leg. He's definitely just sick.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • seanclax said:
    It seemed to me that Ed was suffering with cold or flu type symptoms as opposed to the throat issues he has had before.
    seanclax said:
    Let’s hope so, for the band’s sake and ours, he is starting to feel better by the weekend and for the rest of the Euro folks seeing them beyond that.
  • bootlegbootleg Posts: 674
    Summer covid surge is real
    You had to go there didn’t ya 
    A lot of anecdotes suggesting it has picked up a bit.  I just had for the first time after dodging it for 4 years.  Was probably considered a mild case but took me out for a couple days.  Definitely would have been tough to perform a rock show with it.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,444
    Hopefully he isn’t ‘sick’ of Setting Sun. Gonna need that one to stay in the closing slot again. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Hopefully he isn’t ‘sick’ of Setting Sun. Gonna need that one to stay in the closing slot again. 
    Yeah agreed. I haven’t been to many shows (5) but I’m yet to hear the band close with an original song!😂
  • The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 572
    These are strange times lately. Feel like we just rotate issues between Ed’s voice, ticket prices/availability, the setlist being “boring” and shows not being long enough. Wish we could turn back the clock.
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
    MSG 1+2 '24
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,867
    These are strange times lately. Feel like we just rotate issues between Ed’s voice, ticket prices/availability, the setlist being “boring” and shows not being long enough. Wish we could turn back the clock.
    Sounds like how these boards have been since I've been around...25 years now.

Don't forget Eddie's hair!

25 years ago we had all this plus Creed insecurities.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg