How sick is ed?

12346»

Comments

• seanclaxseanclax Posts: 546
    It's a joke now right.
    Every tour they miss dates in Europe.
  • FroggieFroggie Posts: 235
    We’re both sick after the Dublin show. Nothing too serious. Thanks for the high five and fist bump Ed 🤧🤧🤧. Get well soon. 
  • HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 532
    Hopefully all is well for Berlin, but berlin will be two nights back to back.  If Ed's voice isn't good now, will he really want to risk it back to back?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    No info at all but I am going to guess that the first Berlin is cancelled. The second happens and so does the rest of the tour. 
  • RichardhRichardh Posts: 15
    If EV had a cold\flu then there is a chance he's passed it on to someone else, "illness in the band" rather than just "EV illness". The "avoid further damage" part of the statement is a bit more worrying as that suggests it's not just a cold\flu.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,080
    edited June 28
    Richardh said:
    If EV had a cold\flu then there is a chance he's passed it on to someone else, "illness in the band" rather than just "EV illness". The "avoid further damage" part of the statement is a bit more worrying as that suggests it's not just a cold\flu.
    To avoid further damage points clearly to it being Eddie (and his voice)

Illness in the band, I reckon is weighing words to not point an unnecessary spotlight on Eddie (and to do it for the third tour in a row).
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    PJNB said:
    No info at all but I am going to guess that the first Berlin is cancelled. The second happens and so does the rest of the tour. 
    No info but Keep your opinions to yourself 
  • Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 312
    PJNB said:
    Either that or both Berlins are scratched.
    seanclax said:
    PJNB said:
    Sure thing bud. 

This thread is about how sick is Ed. Everything is opinion in this thread. 
  • False_BeliefFalse_Belief Posts: 763
    seanclax said:
    PJNB said:
    Odd thing to write on a music forum.   If you want Pearl Jam facts exclusively, maybe just go read their Wikipedia page?  

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

seanclax said:
    PJNB said:
    Odd thing to write on a music forum.   If you want Pearl Jam facts exclusively, maybe just go read their Wikipedia page?  
    People are emotional and agitated right now after news like this. I get it actually. Been on the otherside plenty of times in the last couple of years. It is not fun especially with shows coming up being in jeopardy too. 

That said it’s time to log off for some people I think which is a tough thing to do. 
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    edited June 28
    PJNB said:
    Just saw that eventim pulled the sale of berlin tickets.....not sure if that means anything or not

Post edited by pdalowsky on
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,537
    PJNB said:
    seanclax said:
    PJNB said:
    People are emotional and agitated right now after news like this. I get it actually. Been on the otherside plenty of times in the last couple of years. It is not fun especially with shows coming up being in jeopardy too. 

That said it’s time to log off for some people I think which is a tough thing to do. 
    I had to do this after Indy last year. I was finally tired of reading all the messages and speculation and just had to do something else with my time. 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
    pdalowsky said:
    PJNB said:
    Just saw that eventim pulled the sale of berlin tickets.....not sure if that means anything or not

I’m still able to buy tickets on Eventim. Just checked. 
    PJNB said:
    seanclax said:
    PJNB said:
    Sure thing bud. 

This thread is about how sick is Ed. Everything is opinion in this thread. 
    Not when your opinion involves cancelling a show I'm going to on the day another show got cancelled 🤷
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    Froggie said:
    pdalowsky said:
    PJNB said:

thats a relief, maybe the guy reporting this was searching incorrectly
    pdalowsky said:
    Froggie said:
    pdalowsky said:
    PJNB said:

thats a relief, maybe the guy reporting this was searching incorrectly
    I think the site has been glitchy all morning. 
  • whitepantswhitepants Posts: 727
    Whether it's just Eddie or another band member, being sick enough to cancel a show is very serious! None of us should take this lightly or be too upset and take it personally. I just want whoever is sick to recover quickly. But whatever the illness is, it's serious.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 828
    PJNB said:
    If they are cancelling one of them, first night makes sense. Another rest day plus it is a Euro day and I am guessing last minute ticket sales would not be robust.
  • Cal.PJ.CCal.PJ.C Posts: 191
    PJNB said:
    seanclax said:
    PJNB said:

I need to be more Canadian when it comes to responding to assholes  ;)
  • Matt is an avid runner, from what I've heard. As for Ed, I can't imagine smoking and marathon training -- and touring -- going well together. I'd also have expected him to be moving rather stiffly at night two (and for Jill to have posted something on Instagram).
    As someone who DID run that marathon the next morning, I can tell you two things:
    a) not a good idea to run a marathon 8-10 hours after attending a concert and standing for most of the day, let alone singing and moving around stage all night
    b) they DEFINITELY would have showed signs on night 2, as in not being able to stand for the front 4, and no way Matt hits the drum kicks with his feet for 2-plus hours after running that

was 100% a joke

cool to see that Matt is an avid runner though, didn't know that until recently
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,080
    Matt is an avid runner, from what I've heard. As for Ed, I can't imagine smoking and marathon training -- and touring -- going well together. I'd also have expected him to be moving rather stiffly at night two (and for Jill to have posted something on Instagram).
    As someone who DID run that marathon the next morning, I can tell you two things:
    a) not a good idea to run a marathon 8-10 hours after attending a concert and standing for most of the day, let alone singing and moving around stage all night
    b) they DEFINITELY would have showed signs on night 2, as in not being able to stand for the front 4, and no way Matt hits the drum kicks with his feet for 2-plus hours after running that

was 100% a joke

cool to see that Matt is an avid runner though, didn't know that until recently
    Why are you not in the runner thread
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"