Comments

• HaijayHaijay Posts: 374
    PJNB said:
    Haijay said:
    PJNB said:
    Haijay said:
    PJNB said:
    vedpunk said:
    Maybe they should stop playing shows in Europe so often to less enthusiastic fans not willing to pay up and instead play more cities in their home country and other parts of the world to more die hard fans that are more appreciative and willing to spend money on the best live band on the planet.
    If they played a show in Texas at a venue the same size as the one in London do you think the sales would be any different? 
    They would sell out Globe Life, Minute Maid, or the Alamodome, absolutely. 
    That would surprise me if they could. 

I think there are only a handful of markets in the USA that they could do that. Seattle, Boston, New York, Chicago and Philly.

They could play Petco, Coors, Camden Yards, Comerica and Busch possibly. Texas and Miami too, no problem. I think a lot of people would be surprised around here. 
    You know, look at 2018, those 7 stadium shows all sold out instantly. A friend of mine was debating about Missoula, and he said he’ll think about it, no way it’s selling out, it’s in the middle of nowhere. The day after the sale i asked how it worked it for him, lol. So think, they could have easily added more like two at Citizens Bank, two at Citi Field, BMO in LA, im sure, the list goes on. 

Missoula is only 24k and we have yet to see what they are holding back. 
    I meant the 2018 show, about my friend. You’re right, we’ll see what, if any, they are holding back. These games they play these days are disgusting, bloody crooks
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,862
    I do find it disappointing that TSURT deleted the IG comments about tickets being half sold out and too expensive… Have the balls to reap what you sow.  Kinda sad if PJ will criticize Butker but remove content regarding the fact that they way overshot the Europe shows….. gives really weak vibes lol

Come back to Cleveland or literally anywhere in the Midwest.. I dare you…
    You are comparing Butkers wacked out comments to ticket prices? Haha. Yeah, good comparison. 
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 546
    drfox said:
    beano.79 said:
    drfox said:
    It’s not the ticket prices it’s the late announcement when lots of people had already booked to see other concerts 
    All the noise on social media over the last few months points to it being the ticket prices 
    Exactly- of course it’s the price. Second they are touring a bombing album 
    Is it bombing? Reached #2 here with minimal promotion. Doing no different to other similar bands from the same era.
    Reached number 2 briefly then tumbled. It lasted about a week on the Billboard charts- there are a multitude of 50 year old albums that are selling better than it. See article below and bear in mind that it’s a month old. It’s definitely not selling as expected. 

Original post updated for charts for week ending June 15, 2024.

"Wreckage" climbs to No. 9 at alternative radio, No. 8 at mainstream rock and No. 6 at Triple-A. It also moves up from No. 36 to No. 28 on the Canada Rock chart.

Dark Matter hangs on in the top 50 of Top Current Album Sales for a seventh week, selling between 1,700 and 1,800 copies.
    Does anyone here really give two fucks about whether pearl Jam are a chart success?
    pdalowsky said:
    If they switched the show to the 02 at this point how would that work logistically? Is that even feasible at this point?
    The answer to is it feasible is a no
    stones said:
    I really think selling out BST in Hyde Park with 60k tickets each night two years ago set false expectations. It seems like they are now expecting ticket sales equivalent to Springsteen, The Stones or Guns n Roses - who easily sell out big stadiums at high prices.

I also think that the unusual circumstances of BST are being overlooked. In 2022 we were emerging from the pandemic, many people had been stuck in their houses for best part of 2 years and desperate to get out and experience a live event, plus they had extra disposable income because of not being able to go out… and that wasn’t just local fans, the travelling fans also had spare cash and were able to travel again.

This year we have a cost of living crisis, most people have less disposable income because of increased costs for other things, the pandemic is a distant memory and there’s more competition from other tours. It’s also not as attractive for the travelling fans to head to Europe to city hop for one show in most cities in larger venues especially when they’re also touring the US and Australia/NZ this year.
    Also tickets for the hyde park shows effectively went on sale 3 times over 3 years. I brought a 10c weekend ticket in 2019
    Haijay said:

3 hours travel time?

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,488
    seanclax said:
    drfox said:
    beano.79 said:
    drfox said:
    It’s not the ticket prices it’s the late announcement when lots of people had already booked to see other concerts 
    All the noise on social media over the last few months points to it being the ticket prices 
    Is it bombing? Reached #2 here with minimal promotion. Doing no different to other similar bands from the same era.
    Reached number 2 briefly then tumbled. It lasted about a week on the Billboard charts- there are a multitude of 50 year old albums that are selling better than it. See article below and bear in mind that it’s a month old. It’s definitely not selling as expected. 

"Wreckage" climbs to No. 9 at alternative radio, No. 8 at mainstream rock and No. 6 at Triple-A. It also moves up from No. 36 to No. 28 on the Canada Rock chart.

Dark Matter hangs on in the top 50 of Top Current Album Sales for a seventh week, selling between 1,700 and 1,800 copies.
    Does anyone here really give two fucks about whether pearl Jam are a chart success?
    Yeah I don't know anyone who gives a fuck about charts.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,277
    Agreed . If your individual net worth is 50 odd million.  And you earned that doing what you love. There will come a time when maybe you can just not earn so much 
    agree
    danny d
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,277
    not surprised at all should have say done 2 nights at the 02 charge roughly £100 each night happy days we all love pearl jam but £162 for a ticket is a disgrace we all know things have gone up but christsake this a joke
    danny d
  • False_BeliefFalse_Belief Posts: 763
    Think it’s a pretty safe bet that  they’ll be offloading tix on Tickets For Good by the end of this week in order to help fill the stadium.   I work for the NHS and managed to see Blur at Wembley for £6 (essentially an admin fee for a free ticket) and Tool for £3 recently using this site.   Definitely worth keeping an eye on it if you work for the NHS or in the charity sector….

https://www.ticketsforgood.org/

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,080
    edited June 16
    RAMMSTEIN gave away tickest free to swedish health care personel to fill up one of their 3 or 4 shows at Ullevi Arena in Gothenburg. 

But guving away free is ofc a long way away from making 200 dollars per ticket and buying a fourth or fifth house. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,278
    Think it’s a pretty safe bet that  they’ll be offloading tix on Tickets For Good by the end of this week in order to help fill the stadium.   I work for the NHS and managed to see Blur at Wembley for £6 (essentially an admin fee for a free ticket) and Tool for £3 recently using this site.   Definitely worth keeping an eye on it if you work for the NHS or in the charity sector….

I agree. Saw Blur last year with my wife and friends on the Saturday. Then my wife and I went again on the Sunday and took our three children, all for free through Tickets For Good. Annoying for those who bought tickets originally, though from the venues perspective better to have the seats filed and those people buying food, drinks and merch. 
  • treestrees Posts: 1,866
    drfox said:
    I would think.
    That seems to be the problem I never understand why mostly ever year they are the last band too announce a tour 

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    In any of the Midwest/central US markets where they played two shows last fall PJ could probably play one night at a 40-60k venue. That would minimize profits though...
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    Even the Co-op Manchester show has huge blocks of lower bowl seats available and Floor GAs readily available for Face
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Zen23Zen23 Posts: 453
    Because Ticketmaster has held back all of these seats that can now be seen. They only went on sale a few days ago.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,924
    seanclax said:
    drfox said:
    beano.79 said:
    drfox said:

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 178

Suppose it helps the stadium if you buy £10 pints .
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,867
    seanclax said:
    drfox said:
    beano.79 said:
    drfox said:

So many moments in my life where i've been seconds away from buying concert tickets, only to be disuaded by a Forbes article.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    seanclax said:
    drfox said:
    beano.79 said:
    drfox said:

So many moments in my life where i've been seconds away from buying concert tickets, only to be disuaded by a Forbes article.
    LOL
  • False_BeliefFalse_Belief Posts: 763
    Tjm007 said:

Suppose it helps the stadium if you buy £10 pints .
    Yep - plus the band might shift a few more t-shirts   

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,043
    Well, after all the negativity about this show, I cant wait for it. It'll be a grand day out, and I am sure the band will be incredible as ever

Taking my lad to his first PJ show at 15, and hes also pretty keen on the Verve. Hopefully the sun is out for us.....

Yes this could have gone better, but theres absolutely no point in repeating that to tedium. Bring on the show......
  • silvosilvo Posts: 293
    pdalowsky said:
    Well, after all the negativity about this show, I cant wait for it. It'll be a grand day out, and I am sure the band will be incredible as ever

Taking my lad to his first PJ show at 15, and hes also pretty keen on the Verve. Hopefully the sun is out for us.....

Yes this could have gone better, but theres absolutely no point in repeating that to tedium. Bring on the show......
    100% agree, i'm not really bothered whether it sells out or not, just looking forward to seeing them. Ticket prices were high but i was planning on seeing Ashcroft this summer at £50-60 so this gives me both for £160 which i'm happy with.

Hopefully the weather holds and we all have a great day!
    edited June 17
    I do find it disappointing that TSURT deleted the IG comments about tickets being half sold out and too expensive…

:) 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    The UnderFaceValue twitter is actually very interesting

So many acts use the “Fan to Fan Exchange”
    now, but it appears it was just another tool to benefit Ticketmaster in the end by being able to manipulate the market and undercut the “Fan” tickets
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    i could really care less if its sold out or not.

golden circle seems to be sold out (only premium available) most of the stadium is sold the only big place to sold is the upper seats. the sides are well filled , hope the expression is right,

as i said in another threat after viena in 2022 i could care less if its sold out or not , i just want them to play anything , hell play last kiss as far as im concerned
    just_one said:

golden circle seems to be sold out (only premium available) most of the stadium is sold the only big place to sold is the upper seats. the sides are well filled , hope the expression is right,

as i said in another threat after viena in 2022 i could care less if its sold out or not , i just want them to play anything , hell play last kiss as far as im concerned
    I have never heard Last Kiss live :(
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    just_one said:

with the right crowd (that actually sings the songs back to the band) is pretty cool actually
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,488
    just_one said:

You missed nothing 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -