albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,080
    edited June 13
    Sometimes a band just has to take the leap of faith and trust in their fans wanting to shell out 200 bucks to see you instead of paying a reasonable sum.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,272
    I just never thought ticket prices would be an issue with this band. Ever. But yet, here we are. 
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,278
    It’s not the ticket prices it’s the late announcement when lots of people had already booked to see other concerts 
  • Philip_IrelandPhilip_Ireland Posts: 663
    edited June 13
    I just never thought ticket prices would be an issue with this band. Ever. But yet, here we are. 
    No, I think it's definitely the ticket prices (way too much, in my opinion). There is a massive cost of living crisis here and in other European countries and people just don't have almost €180 for a ticket, and if they do they are appalled at paying that much.

The venue sizes are way too big e.g.-they normally play a 14,000 capacity venue in Dublin, now they are playing a 40,000 capacity venue. Plus, they don't play too often over here, so people are unfamiliar with them live and I think they are seen as more of a US attraction and the album is not doing so well. 
    Post edited by Philip_Ireland on
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,028
    No, I think it's definitely the ticket prices (way too much, in my opinion) and the venue sizes-they normally play a 14,000 capacity venue in Dublin, now they are playing a 40,000 capacity venue. Plus, they don't play too often over here, so people are unfamiliar with them live and I think they are seen as more of a US attraction. 
    Ticket prices are definitely a factor. For me, it’s easier to justify dropping $100-150 on a whim to check out a show you might be interested, especially for a more casual fan. When it’s creeping to the $300 range, the decision is made for me. 
    edited June 13
    Hawk123 said:
    No, I think it's definitely the ticket prices (way too much, in my opinion) and the venue sizes-they normally play a 14,000 capacity venue in Dublin, now they are playing a 40,000 capacity venue. Plus, they don't play too often over here, so people are unfamiliar with them live and I think they are seen as more of a US attraction. 
    Ticket prices are definitely a factor. For me, it’s easier to justify dropping $100-150 on a whim to check out a show you might be interested, especially for a more casual fan. When it’s creeping to the $300 range, the decision is made for me. 
    These over €/$100 ticket prices are a pretty new thing over here but seem to be coming the norm. The gold circle thing is relatively new too-it used to be first come, first in at no extra cost. Smashing Pumpkins and Weezer played here last week-tickets were €90. 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    So are you locals expecting 75% of the venue to be full or less?

wish I could swing it… def tempted
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,488
    edited June 13
    drfox said:
    It’s not the ticket prices it’s the late announcement when lots of people had already booked to see other concerts 
    It is totally prices if you think otherwise you must be doing well financially 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,003
    Taylor swift played 2 shows in croke park Dublin a few years ago. Second show sold badly. They had to give away thousands of tickets to local school's etc.. thousands of empty seats is cat mologen.  They might have to take a serious hit and basically give tickets away to fill the stadium 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
    Dublin gold circle resale tickets are €120- almost a third off the original price! 
    And that's still 30 too much
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    Can they cancel and re-do the original plan of 2 shows at the O2 xD

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

That's what would have been perfect for everyone. Trying a one stop cash grab has failed
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

If you ‘volunteer’ for a few hours for my local sports club, you get a ticket. 
    That's what would have been perfect for everyone. Trying a one stop cash grab has failed
    They can hardly go back to the €100 ticket now for future tours, although they should. 
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    You all sound very sensible.  

The difference is Americans love to be, and quite frankly, have to be constantly entertained.  Not all, but certainly most.  
    edited June 13
    Resale gold circle for Dublin are now €100 on Ticketmaster! 
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 736
    drfox said:
    All the noise on social media over the last few months points to it being the ticket prices 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,959
    You all sound very sensible.  

The difference is Americans love to be, and quite frankly, have to be constantly entertained.  Not all, but certainly most.  
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-qAQZXgz7AA

• matt84matt84 Posts: 708
    I completely forgot I paid £160 for a standing Manchester ticket. Crazy price!
    Of course it's the price. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    When people ask why PJ doesn’t play football stadiums… this is why.  They are an Arena and occasional ballpark band in the right city.  
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
    beano.79 said:
    drfox said:
    All the noise on social media over the last few months points to it being the ticket prices 
    Exactly- of course it’s the price. Second they are touring a bombing album 
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,278
    beano.79 said:
    drfox said:
    Is it bombing? Reached #2 here with minimal promotion. Doing no different to other similar bands from the same era.
  • Zen23Zen23 Posts: 453
    First and foremost is the price. In second place, the arrogance of believing that you can fill the Tottenham Stadium at a price of 190 euros and the Palau Sant Jordi two nights in a row at a price of 165 euros in a European country like Spain. In third place comes the timing. 
    Zen23 said:
    First and foremost is the price. In second place, the arrogance of believing that you can fill the Tottenham Stadium at a price of 190 euros and the Palau Sant Jordi two nights in a row at a price of 165 euros in a European country like Spain. In third place comes the timing. 
    Correct 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• beano.79beano.79 Posts: 736
    drfox said:
    beano.79 said:
    drfox said:
    Is it bombing? Reached #2 here with minimal promotion. Doing no different to other similar bands from the same era.
    Agreed it's done well here I. Comparison to the last few, I've even heard wreckage on BBC radio 2 in the daytime!
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 647
    drfox said:
    beano.79 said:
    drfox said:
    The singles are doing quite well in the US, so certainly not bombing here. If anything, the new album (at least the singles/radio play) have been successful compared to their recent efforts. I’m sure it’s different in different countries. 

Price definitely, questionable venue choice, and other shows/events to blame. I hope they let fans move to closer seats/sections if they go unsold. It could make for a great (or at least better) show in the end.
    edited June 13
    drfox said:
    beano.79 said:
    drfox said:
    Reached number 2 briefly then tumbled. It lasted about a week on the Billboard charts- there are a multitude of 50 year old albums that are selling better than it. See article below and bear in mind that it’s a month old. It’s definitely not selling as expected. 

Post edited by Philip_Ireland on