Comments

• Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,544
    Or maybe he didn't think a $3 sticker is a matter of life or death 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 752
    SHZA said:
    Apparently you missed the part where they were active on this forum since he stopped responding. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    mreese9mreese9 Posts: 88
    This ten club member came here to warn others. Some of these comments are ridiculous. If you have set up a way to take other people’s money then you should provide regular communication when it’s requested. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,473
    mreese9 said:
    This ten club member came here to warn others. Some of these comments are ridiculous. If you have set up a way to take other people’s money then you should provide regular communication when it’s requested. 
    Exactly. You do wind up making a little mental rolodex of "I can see how buying from that guy would go" though.
  • Options
    ZoSoTim said:
    SHZA said:
    Apparently you missed the part where they were active on this forum since he stopped responding. 
    Nope. There's no forum rule that says you have to respond to every new message every time you log in. A message from that annoying guy who wants a status update on his sticker every five minutes can wait 
  • Options
    edited June 2
    mreese9 said:
    What's ridiculous is the theory that someone paid for a $35 fan club membership so that they could scam someone out of $26 (someone who he's doing a favor by waiting in an hours-long line). 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,295
    I've already said where I stand on the issue. And I'm not taking any sides at this point.

But since this has now become a hot topic, I'm gonna play Devil's Advocate for a second. As I mentioned, I also picked up some items for another member. We exchanged a few messages. But once he sent me the money (cost), I replied that I had received payment and that his items would be going out in the morning. That was it. There was no further contact until he messaged me to let me know he had received them. And why would there be? What else is there to discuss in the meantime? That could be what this guy is thinking. He may be oblivious to all of this. Sure, he was online on the 29th. But was that before or after that message was sent? 

I'm just saying, it's a little too soon to vilify someone who may have just been trying to do a favor for someone else. Give it a few more days. If still no merch or contact, then there's legitimate cause for concern.
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 752
    SHZA said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    SHZA said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    SHZA said:
    Nope. There's no forum rule that says you have to respond to every new message every time you log in. A message from that annoying guy who wants a status update on his sticker every five minutes can wait 
    When you have someone’s fucking money you take a second and fucking respond. Don’t be a cunt. It’s pretty simple. 
    Classy. If it was more than the price of a beer, you'd have a point. 
    The amount doesn’t matter. If you can’t be bothered to send a simple message when you’re already checking the forum then you shouldn’t take someone else’s money. It’s called respect. Maybe someday you’ll learn about that. Had the person not been online at all I’d be willing to give them more time to explain. Maybe they had a personal emergency or something. But if they can take time to check the board they can send a reply to let the person know what’s up with their merch. 
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options

The alleged scammer has also been a member since 2003 but rarely visits or posts on the forum. I find it hard to believe that after 20+ years this guy suddenly decided to start scamming people out of petty sums. Far more likely is that he doesn't live on the forum so he didn't see the message, meant to respond and got distracted, or didn't feel the need to respond because it's already in the mail. 
  • Options
    Let My Spirit PassLet My Spirit Pass Lakewood Colorado Posts: 247
    He's rarely on the forum, but was on the forum coincidentally, the same day I messaged him if he had sent them out to me or not. May 29th.
  • Options
    He's rarely on the forum, but was on the forum coincidentally, the same day I messaged him if he had sent them out to me or not. May 29th.
    The same day. How do you know he was on after you messaged him? 
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    shecky said:
    on2legs said:
    Life, work, kids etc can all get in the way of someone getting to the post office.  Throw in a holiday and weekends and suddenly a week has passed.  But there’s no excuse for not communicating the delay to the other person involved in the transaction.  If you have time to log in here to check threads you have time to send a PM.  Just be honest and say my life got hectic but I’m sending them out asap.  
    Not to belabor the point, but it has not even been a week yet! I assume that when the sender realized that last Monday was a holiday he naturally thought that the recipient likely also realized it was a postal holiday, so no need to message him to tell him that. As far as "If you have time to log in here to check threads you have time to send a PM." I haven't seen evidence that the sender has checked the threads or likely he would've responded to the accusations. Maybe he IS a very busy person and certainly deserves the benefit of the doubt. 

The guy could have been active on May 29 in the morning, while the message didn't come in until the afternoon. And he hasn't logged back in since so has no idea this dude is expecting another shipping update or blasting him as a scammer. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,600
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    shecky said:
    on2legs said:
    Life, work, kids etc can all get in the way of someone getting to the post office.  Throw in a holiday and weekends and suddenly a week has passed.  But there’s no excuse for not communicating the delay to the other person involved in the transaction.  If you have time to log in here to check threads you have time to send a PM.  Just be honest and say my life got hectic but I’m sending them out asap.  
    Not to belabor the point, but it has not even been a week yet! I assume that when the sender realized that last Monday was a holiday he naturally thought that the recipient likely also realized it was a postal holiday, so no need to message him to tell him that. As far as "If you have time to log in here to check threads you have time to send a PM." I haven't seen evidence that the sender has checked the threads or likely he would've responded to the accusations. Maybe he IS a very busy person and certainly deserves the benefit of the doubt. 

The guy could have been active on May 29 in the morning, while the message didn't come in until the afternoon. And he hasn't logged back in since so has no idea this dude is expecting another shipping update or blasting him as a scammer. 
    Like most things in life… good communication would be very helpful in this situation.  If you’re taking money from people on the forum you should be checking in more than once a week. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    edited June 3
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    shecky said:
    on2legs said:

Like most things in life… good communication would be very helpful in this situation.  If you’re taking money from people on the forum you should be checking in more than once a week. 
    And if someone doesn't follow what you view to be the proper communication etiquette it's fair to label them a scammer 👍🏻

Again, we're talking about $20 here, not someone's life savings 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • Options
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 700
    Maybe this person has a busy life right now?  Maybe they waited for a day that was convenient for them to go to the post office.  Getting stuff from 10C used to take an eternity, remember?  I'm on the side of patience.  My experience with other forum members has been fantastic and I think this will be fine.

Now, did anybody else get a canvas tour jacket?  If not, you should have.  It's fucking sweet.
  • Options
    runstaplesrunstaples NC/WY Posts: 291
    edited June 3
    Yeah, no one really talked about the jacket. It looks pretty cool. Decent quality? Also, are we expecting the Morlan/UFO poster to drop tomorrow hopefully?
    Appeared to be an animal, yet so polite.
  • Options

• Options
    The white embroidery is sweet.  The jacket is comfortable, and my friend says it looks very nice on me.   If you live in a climate that gets cool at times, it's a winner.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,600
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    shecky said:
    on2legs said:

And if someone doesn't follow what you view to be the proper communication etiquette it's fair to label them a scammer 👍🏻

Again, we're talking about $20 here, not someone's life savings 
    I see we disagree.  It’s cool. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Yeah, no one really talked about the jacket. It looks pretty cool. Decent quality? Also, are we expecting the Morlan/UFO poster to drop tomorrow hopefully?
    Not tomorrow 
  • Options
    runstaplesrunstaples NC/WY Posts: 291
    ^Okay, thanks

Is the jacket made out of denim or like dickies material?
    Appeared to be an animal, yet so polite.
  • Options
    jdoldjdold Posts: 7
    edited June 3
    Sorry if this had been covered already..

so based on what I’ve read, it seams like the show variant of the Arian Buhler poster will be available from 10c at some point in the near future?
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,508
    Muffin tops!
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,366
    ^Okay, thanks

Is the jacket made out of denim or like dickies material?
    Reminds me of carhartt type pants, probably similar to dickies material. I like it. It will be better with wear 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    bpsteinerbpsteiner Seattle, WA Posts: 16
    jdold said:
    Sorry if this had been covered already..

so based on what I’ve read, it seams like the show variant of the Arian Buhler poster will be available from 10c at some point in the near future?
    Likely yes, but it will take a few days or a week (or two). 
  • Options
    KurenguptaKurengupta Posts: 4
    Anybody know if the geo desert shirt or Seattle boombox shirt will make the 10c store??
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,960
    Anybody know if the geo desert shirt or Seattle boombox shirt will make the 10c store??

Doubt it.
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 305
    demetrios said:

Doubt it.
    Does mrtsurt ever unload unsold shirts? Like in a bento box even? 
  • Options
    bzouidenbzouiden Posts: 110
    njhaley1 said:
    demetrios said:

Doubt it.
    Typically not pearl jam tour stuff.  He has Eddie Vedder tour items and did a fukubox (mystery box) earlier this year, great deal btw.
    https://tsurt.com/collections/pearl-jam
    Kansas City 1998  /\  Kansas City 2000  /\  Kansas City 2003  /\  St. Louis 2014
    Ohana Encore N1 & N2 2021 /\ St. Louis 2022  /\  OKC 2022  /\  Chicago N1 & N2 2023

• Options
    NWROCKSNWROCKS Posts: 23
    njhaley1 said:
    demetrios said:

Doubt it.

He did for Eddie Vedder and called them FUKUBOX (named after surprise boxes sold in Japan because you don't know what you are getting although you can select shirt size) and they contained shirts ,stickers mugs and other trinkets but he has never done it for Pearl Jam as far as I know. Pearl Jam does Mystery boxes occasionally.