Options

A right of return for Ten Club seat tickets for Berlin - now!

Comments

• Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 374
    I am also at a loss as to how to proceed in this matter? I am aware that there is not much that can be done. But even if there is still a little that can be done, I'm happy to do it.
  • Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 338
    I’m just thinking they totally swept the issue under the rug by changing the Eventim display and now nobody’s talking about it any more.  It’s such a sad state of affairs.  
    So I guess we will just remind them of this issue in the upcoming weeks.
  • Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 338
    Zen23 said:
    I am also at a loss as to how to proceed in this matter? I am aware that there is not much that can be done. But even if there is still a little that can be done, I'm happy to do it.
    Might be a good idea to add the link to the other thread to your first post/the first page, as there is some more insight on what the venue looks like https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/301104/berlin-10c-reserved-seat-assignment-good-or-bad/p1  
  • Options
    Updated my first post.

The saddest thing about the whole thing is that even Ticketmaster has kept in touch on a fairly regular basis. On the other hand, I never got a response from Ten Club about this story.

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,421
    It seems any word from 10c is a thing of the past also. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 414
    And we are surprised about that because …. ?
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 311
    I remember a time not so many years ago when 10C answered fairly quickly to any e-mail...but as I said before it's probably difficult and embarrassing to admit yours or others mistakes...
  • Options
    Well, they mostly react quickly on some issues. But if they don’t want to react, they just don’t and sit it out. 

Let’s hope that as little as possible seats will be view-obstructed and the concerts will be great.
  • Options
    Running In The DarkRunning In The Dark Denver Posts: 684
    This is shady for sure!  I’m curious though how people know there seat assignments?  I’ve only had my confirmation emails but those don’t show the seats and the tickets do not show up yet in my TM account.  
    107 Shows and counting
  • Options
    TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,339
    This is shady for sure!  I’m curious though how people know there seat assignments?  I’ve only had my confirmation emails but those don’t show the seats and the tickets do not show up yet in my TM account.  

The seat details are in the confirmation email. It also says that another email will be sent at the beginning of March with details on how to access the tickets...
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,488
    Useless post without 10C numbers

• Options
    Bothered to read everything carefully?
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,432
    Zen23 said:
    Bothered to read everything carefully?
    No kidding.  All 10c members old and new have been allocated those two sections based on anything anyone has said.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Let's just pressume we won't get any help or decent answers from TM or Ten Club...the one thing the band and the crew could do is to set up the stage so the view is good from the side sections. If the stage roof scaffolding is the only thing obstructing the view it would be okay I guess...or at least the best thing they could do.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,405
    Damn what a mess! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Damn what a mess! 

It's not a mess. Just a bunch of new members unhappy they did not get front row. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,405
    Get_Right said:
    Damn what a mess! 

It's not a mess. Just a bunch of new members unhappy they did not get front row. 
    😂😂😂 ok then what a bunch of cry babies 😭 you funny 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    edited March 3
    Get_Right said:
    Damn what a mess! 

What nonsense. Sweeping judgment. I don't know why I'm bothering to answer that. But this isn't about seats in the front rows. It's about seats for which you've paid 175 euros in the Ten Club presale and from which you can't even see the whole band. Because they're in a bloody obstructed area. That's exactly why I bought two new tickets. In the middle tier. Unfortunate, my ass, that I'm not sitting in the front row. I don't give a shit about the front row. I'd rather voluntarily sit in the middle or upper tier as long as I have a reasonable view of the stage. And, anything else productive to contribute?
    Post edited by Zen23 on
  • Options
    Zen23 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Damn what a mess! 

What nonsense. Sweeping judgment. I don't know why I'm bothering to answer that. But this isn't about seats in the front rows. It's about seats for which you've paid 175 euros in the Ten Club presale and from which you can't even see the whole band. Because they're in a bloody obstructed area. That's exactly why I bought two new tickets. In the middle tier. Unfortunate, my ass, that I'm not sitting in the front row. I don't give a shit about the front row. I'd rather voluntarily sit in the middle or upper tier as long as I have a reasonable view of the stage. And, anything else productive to contribute?
    I second this, although I haven’t bought new tickets yet.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    Charlie_modCharlie_mod Posts: 125
    Bought new tix as well. Sight lines from a1 row 23 looked horrible. F that. 
  • Options
    Bought new tix as well. Sight lines from a1 row 23 looked horrible. F that. 
    Did you exchange them or just bought new ones? And how does that process work?
  • Options
    edited March 4
    Ticketmaster excludes any exchange. I assume that he did the same as I did. Buying tickets worth €175 in the official presale. Out of his own pocket. If nobody else can do it, you just have to take care of it yourself. And hope that you can get rid of the other tickets. Gambling. Possibly a losing proposition. But that's how it is when you're on your own. Do not expect any help. Neither from Ticketmaster nor from the Ten Club.
    Post edited by Zen23 on
  • Options
    Still haven't gotten a response from TC about this. Anyone else?
    Roskilde 2000, Barcelona 2006, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, London 2010, Arras 2010, Berlin x 2 2012, Stockholm 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Seattle 2013, Stockholm 2014, Boston x 2 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Budapest 2022
  • Options
    I don’t think they will respond to anyone short of legal action, and even then, they may not.  The tickets allocated were in the sections displayed in the map.  The only argument we have is the map didn’t disclose obstruction possibility.  And subsequently they swept that under the rug by changing Eventim’s display to remove the obstruction label.  Maybe the cover up is worse than the crime.  Is there a German lawyer in the house? 

• Options
    Still haven't gotten a response from TC about this. Anyone else?
    Nope...my best bet right now is to somehow through 10C reach out to the band to set the stage up at Waldbühne so that the stage roof scaffolding is the only thing obstructing the view. Then this could be as fine as it possibly could...I don't know...this sweeping under the rug is the thing pissing me the most off. Just come out and say we made a mistake and the band will do everything possible to make the view good from every section. That's not hard and not much asked.
  • Options
    My best bet, they don't give a shit. 
  • Options
    edited March 7
    I don’t think they will respond to anyone short of legal action, and even then, they may not.  The tickets allocated were in the sections displayed in the map.  The only argument we have is the map didn’t disclose obstruction possibility.  And subsequently they swept that under the rug by changing Eventim’s display to remove the obstruction label.  Maybe the cover up is worse than the crime.  Is there a German lawyer in the house? 
    Well, even Eventim only labels those seats as "possibly view-obstructed" for most concerts. And they do sell tickets without this label for  example for classical concerts.

So, from a legal point of view TM could argue that those sections won't be view-obstructed because the stage design will make sure that the view is fine from those sections. We will find out on July 2nd, whether this will be true or not.
    Post edited by axeljohan on
  • Options
    Zen23 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Damn what a mess! 

We have all received crappy seats from the 10C. It is actually getting worse. I am a long time member and have been stuck in seats with a partial view. 
  • Options
    axeljohan said:
    Well, even Eventim only labels those seats as "possibly view-obstructed" for most concerts. And they do sell tickets without this label for  example for classical concerts.

So, from a legal point of view TM could argue that those sections won't be view-obstructed because the stage design will make sure that the view is fine from those sections. We will find out on July 2nd, whether this will be true or not.
    No matter how good the stage setup is. The outer seats in the upper half of areas A1 and E2 are in line with the edge of the stage. Added to this is the permanently installed stage frame. You can't see the whole band from these areas. Even at classical concerts, the areas look like the attached photo in reality. At some concerts, I have even seen that these seats were not even sold and were covered with a tarpaulin. We can still talk ourselves into it. A1 and E2 are in no way equivalent to the other areas in the lower tier. Neither in terms of visibility nor value.

• Options
    I am with you, that 10c-seats should not be in those sections. But I doubt that there is much there is much that can be done from a legal point of view.