Options

A right of return for Ten Club seat tickets for Berlin - now!

Comments

• Options
    bleeckerbleecker Posts: 58
    bleecker said:
    bleecker said:
    JackD. said:
    Hi there 
    i am also in a1 Both Nights and also very disapointed
    question: what will happen when i tell my Credit Card Not to Pay the amount to Ticketmaster ?
    will tm push through the demand ?
    I'm sorry to say so, but that's not possible. CC-payments are guaranteed. The option to regain the money is only in case of fraud.
    I scored both Berlin nights. Received A1 + E2 in the upper third rows. Unfortunately this is a huge let down. I get that seniority seating assignment. That's fair and I'm totally ok to sit behind loyal long time members. Having an obstructed view for EUR 175 (USD 190) is something completely different. I'm really dissappointed with that outcome.
    What you just described I would call fraud. You were offered the best seats in the house and got obstructed view. Product handed over is not what’s been advertised. That‘s why I think OPs idea would be successful. But yeah, probably with the risk of being banned from all systems.
    Nobody was offered best seats in the house. According to the original seating plan (see third post) your seat could have been anywhere from A1 to L2. It ist indeed strange that all TC seats appear to be located in A1 and E2, but these areas where part of the deal from the beginning.
    It is true.  However they did not disclose the possibility of obstructed view.  
    Also true. But we dont know how much of an issue that really ist going to be. I would think A1 with possible obstructed view might still be better than a lot of seats in the L or I section, at least the pricing for other Events indicates this. 
    I’m personally in about row 16 and about 6 seats in from the next section so closer to the next section in than the wall.  I’m cautiously optimistic that might be a decent if not good seat (and if anyone has insight please share!)

However I definitely would not have entered the draw had they indicated the awarded seats may have obstructed views.  

And now the uncertainty is taking the joy out of planning.  Even if my seats end up being good I will be wondering about it for 4 months.  That’s not what anyone wants to buy.  
    Fair Point. I did not enter the draw to avoid having bad seats but I think your seats are fine.
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 357
    bleecker said:
    JackD. said:
    Hi there 
    i am also in a1 Both Nights and also very disapointed
    question: what will happen when i tell my Credit Card Not to Pay the amount to Ticketmaster ?
    will tm push through the demand ?
    I'm sorry to say so, but that's not possible. CC-payments are guaranteed. The option to regain the money is only in case of fraud.
    I scored both Berlin nights. Received A1 + E2 in the upper third rows. Unfortunately this is a huge let down. I get that seniority seating assignment. That's fair and I'm totally ok to sit behind loyal long time members. Having an obstructed view for EUR 175 (USD 190) is something completely different. I'm really dissappointed with that outcome.
    What you just described I would call fraud. You were offered the best seats in the house and got obstructed view. Product handed over is not what’s been advertised. That‘s why I think OPs idea would be successful. But yeah, probably with the risk of being banned from all systems.
    Nobody was offered best seats in the house. According to the original seating plan (see OP) your seat could have been anywhere from A1 to L2. It is indeed strange that all TC seats appear to be located in A1 and E2, but these areas where part of the deal from the beginning.
    Correct. They were part of the deal. But they should have been marked as possibly obstructed view. Eventim handles it the correct way. And it is precisely for this reason that permanently allocated seats in these areas are offered at a reduced price. And neither of these things happened in advance.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,483
    It would help to know people's 10C numbers seating in these sections.
    Is the obstruction the speakers hanging over the stage? In my experience that would not be something considered "obstructed" from a ticketing perspective.  
    When the 10C awards tickets, there is no qualitative analysis, they start with a section for certain 10C numbers and assign seats in a numerical sequence - row by row.
    I believe that these side seats are considered to be good seats by TM/10C as they are close to the stage and side seats are usually have a great view of the stage.
    The speaker set up would not typically be taken into consideration in an open amphitheater.
    It is unlikely that the 10C or ticketmaster will do anything about this. Neither organization is known for its transparency or communication given the sales policy - all sales are final, no refunds, no returns.
    Sorry for those that feel these seats are obstructed.
    Go to the box office day of the show and try to get an exchange - cant hurt.

Good luck and enjoy the show no matter your seats!

• Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 338
    While we are still waiting for any kind of statement from 10c/TM, something magical happened:
    No more „possible obstructed view“ for sections E2 and A1 anymore!
    As of right now, these sections are not marked like that on Eventim anymore. 

As I don’t know what the obstructed view might have been based on, I don’t know how it possibly could have disappeared, so I can just speculate. 
    Maybe no more speakers on stage or the band agreed to perform 75 % of the time only on the front part of the stage. 

So that’s good news, right?  ;)
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,249
    edited February 28
    Get_Right said:
    Is the obstruction the speakers hanging over the stage? In my experience that would not be something considered "obstructed" from a ticketing perspective.  

I think the concrete walls could impact on the angle for many, along with the speakers. Some parts of E2 (left of this pic nearest the hedge) are quite likely to be very restricted once speakers are in and flight cases etc. stacked. 

It's a beautiful venue, the reasons for its existence much less so. 

The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    ilockyer said:
    Get_Right said:

I think the concrete walls could impact on the angle for many, along with the speakers. Some parts of E2 (left of this pic nearest the hedge) are quite likely to be very restricted once speakers are in and flight cases etc. stacked. 

You can find some more pictures of the venue and the specific sections here, too: 

• Options
    TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,316
    LizJ said:
    While we are still waiting for any kind of statement from 10c/TM, something magical happened:

As I don’t know what the obstructed view might have been based on, I don’t know how it possibly could have disappeared, so I can just speculate. 
    Maybe no more speakers on stage or the band agreed to perform 75 % of the time only on the front part of the stage. 

Interesting! Sudden modification? ;)
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,393
    LizJ said:

“Hi, Eventim, it’s Ticketmaster here.  Hope all is well.  Listen, for those PJ shows, your transparency is making us look bad.  Could you get rid of that obstruction label? It’s not like anything is for sale there anyway - we dumped it all into ten club.  Thanks bye.”
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    What's all this nonsense? At other Eventim events, these areas are still correctly marked as obstructed view. How ridiculous is that now? I'm just imagining an awesome scenario. Ticketmaster gets angry emails from Pearl Jam fans demanding an exchange or a revocation. Rather than agreeing to this or marking these areas correctly themselves, Ticketmaster calls Eventim and asks them to remove the clear obstructed view marking for Pearl Jam from their site. Problem solved. I don't know what else to say.
  • Options
    LizJ said:

“Hi, Eventim, it’s Ticketmaster here.  Hope all is well.  Listen, for those PJ shows, your transparency is making us look bad.  Could you get rid of that obstruction label? It’s not like anything is for sale there anyway - we dumped it all into ten club.  Thanks bye.”
    Two with the same thought.
  • Options
    Zen23 said:
    LizJ said:

+ 1
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 413
    LizJ said:

FWIW Ticketmaster is selling some tickets to the 10c-sections. Obviously at a Premium price. And with no indication that those seats could be view-obstructed. 
  • Options
    axeljohan said:
    LizJ said:

FWIW Ticketmaster is selling some tickets to the 10c-sections. Obviously at a Premium price. And with no indication that those seats could be view-obstructed. 
    I hope that’s worth a lot.  I just don’t know.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,316
    edited February 28
    Zen23 said: RatherStarved said: LizJ said: While we are still waiting for a statement from 10c/TM, something magical happened:
    no more “possible visibility obstruction” for sections E2 and A1!
    From now on, these sections will no longer be marked this way at Eventim. 

Since I don't know what the visibility obstruction could be due to, I don't know how it could possibly have disappeared, so I can only speculate. Maybe there were no more speakers on stage or the band agreed to only perform at the front of the stage 75% of the time. 

So that's good news, right? ;) “Hello Eventim, this is Ticketmaster. I hope everything is okay. Listen, on these PJ shows, your transparency is making us look bad. Could you remove this obstacle label? It's not like there's anything for sale there anyway - we threw everything into the Ten Club. Thank you bye."

So that no one complains anymore. What an 
    poverty certificate...
    Post edited by TinaE on
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • Options
    No one has ever approached Pearl Jam and their stage builders in the past few days and told them to please pay attention to the people in areas A1 and E2 of the Waldbühne. Never.

Remember my words. I did not allow myself to be fobbed off by the standard email from Ticketmaster. I replied to their standard email again yesterday to say that I was aware of the terms and conditions. However, this is not a simple return or revocation. It is a case of misinformation in the run-up to the purchase contract between the customer and Ticketmaster GmbH in cooperation with the Pearl Jam Ten Club. And insisted on not speaking to the lowest level of customer support any further, but that this matter should therefore be passed on to the responsible department, which will deal with the matter correctly and within a reasonable time frame.

And not even a day later, the red "obstructed view" markings on Eventim disappear?! Let's be honest, we're still laughing about it. But what is more likely? That Ticketmaster Germany contacted Eventim Germany and told them to remove the fucking markings. Or that someone from these criminals is looking after the fans' interests and has personally called Pearl Jam's stage builders in America to tell them that they should take good care of the fans in the A1 and E2 areas?

Let's be honest. What's going on here!
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 307
    This is exactly how politics work nowadays...don't answer complaining people, hide any trace of your mistake, don't you dare communicate transparency, don't admit your mistakes at any cost, close your eyes and ears and all the complaining people will magically disappear...

I just hope that someone communicates this to the band so that they do the stage setup so that the view is as good as possible 🍀🤞
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    TinaE said:
    Zen23 said:
    LizJ said:
    While we are still waiting for a statement from 10c/TM, something magical happened:
    no more “possible visibility obstruction” for sections E2 and A1!
    From now on, these sections will no longer be marked this way at Eventim. 

Since I don't know what the visibility obstruction could be due to, I don't know how it could possibly have disappeared, so I can only speculate. 
    Maybe there were no more speakers on stage or the band agreed to only perform at the front of the stage 75% of the time. 

So that's good news, right? ;)
    “Hello Eventim, this is Ticketmaster. I hope everything is okay. Listen, on these PJ shows, your transparency is making us look bad. Could you remove this obstacle label? It's not like there's anything for sale there anyway - we threw everything into the Ten Club. Thank you bye."

So that no one complains anymore. What an poverty certificate...
    Poverty certificate made me chuckle ;)
  • Options
    edited February 28
    Had a 15 minute phone call with an Eventim employee. Someone who grew up with Pearl Jam! And who is unhappy that culture is getting more and more expensive. Oh man, the story gets better and better. What appears on the Eventim site for the two Pearl Jam concerts as a seating plan graphic is, according to him, specified by Live Nation / Ticketmaster and communicated to Eventim.

I bet my ass on it. Ticketmaster simply removed or had the marking removed after the complaints.
    Post edited by Zen23 on
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 307
    Zen23 said:
    Had a 15 minute phone call with an Eventim employee. Someone who grew up with Pearl Jam! And who is unhappy that culture is getting more and more expensive. Oh man, the story gets better and better. What appears on the Eventim site for the two Pearl Jam concerts as a seating plan graphic is, according to him, specified by Live Nation / Ticketmaster and communicated to Eventim.

I bet my ass on it. Ticketmaster simply removed or had the marking removed after the complaints.
    You can't make this up 🤣
  • Options
    Someone should grab a screenshot of the forum page where someone posted it before the powers that be make thar disappear too!

• Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    Zen23 said:

The Gorge as an example, tons of the side seats in the lower sections 101 and 103 are way outside the walls of the stage.  LN/TM used to list tons of these as limited view; they no longer do.  Here's an example of a seat you can buy for DMB for $500+:

• Options
    Someone should grab a screenshot of the forum page where someone posted it before the powers that be make thar disappear too!
    It's evolution baby.

• Options
    dmbolp said:
    Zen23 said:

The Gorge as an example, tons of the side seats in the lower sections 101 and 103 are way outside the walls of the stage.  LN/TM used to list tons of these as limited view; they no longer do.  Here's an example of a seat you can buy for DMB for $500+:

This looks hideous but I don’t think it’s representative of Waldbuhne.  At least based on the Waldbuhne photos that have been posted it will not be anywhere near as bad as this.  

• Options
    Zen23 said:
    It's evolution baby.

Routine was the theme…

• Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,249
    dmbolp said:
    Zen23 said:

Some of the seats in A1 and E2 are likely to be behind the line of where the rail will be.
    These are about the equivalent of block D2 at Waldbuhne, and wouldn't be too bad at all. 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,483
    What are your 10C numbers? If you have a high number do not be surprised you received less than good seats. It has gotten worse each tour.
  • Options
    smile6680smile6680 Posts: 355
    ilockyer said:
    Get_Right said:

What do you mean? I'm too lazy to google it.
  • Options
    Nazi amphitheater
  • Options
    smile6680smile6680 Posts: 355
    Zen23 said:
    Nazi amphitheater
    Thanks for the response. Kind of what I figured. 
  • Options
    I’m just thinking they totally swept the issue under the rug by changing the Eventim display and now nobody’s talking about it any more.  It’s such a sad state of affairs.