Options

A right of return for Ten Club seat tickets for Berlin - now!

Zen23Zen23 Posts: 354
edited March 1 in The Porch
Hey Ten Club.

The title speaks for itself. With your Ten Club presale for Berlin, you have deceived and fooled the buyers. Period. Take care of a right of return as soon as possible for Ten Club seat tickets.

On the left is the graphic that you have displayed to all buyers showing where their seats can be located. On the right you can see the reality.

You have put your most loyal fans in the cheapest corners of the lower tier of sections A and E of the Waldbühne. These are clearly marked as "obstructed view" on Eventim. This information was completely missing from you and Ticketmaster. The lousy seats are offered at a reduced price at other events. And not for the full price of 175 euros! All of the other seats that you've marked in blue were intended for the official presale and were in the hands of Ticketmaster (areas B, C and D) and in the hands of Eventim (the entire middle and upper tiers). All of this is a disgrace. It's not too late yet. Take care of your fans.

A right of return for Ten Club seat tickets for Berlin - now! Fed up.

Update from March 1, 2024:

After a long discussion with Ticketmaster. Instead of responding to the fans' concerns or placing a notice on the Ticketmaster page themselves, the correct "obstructed view" marking on the Eventim page was quietly and secretly removed overnight. And now guess who dictated this seating plan graphic to Eventim? A small company called Ticketmaster / Live Nation. Source: official Eventim contact. And the saddest thing about the whole thing is that even Ticketmaster has kept in touch on a fairly regular basis. On the other hand, I never got a response from Ten Club about this story.

Oh yes, Ticketmaster is of course still selling the seats. Even the ones at the very edge. But not for the normal price. But as a platinum ticket for 219 euros.

Post edited by Zen23 on

Comments

• Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 410
    Ten Club holds the best tickets in the house for members-only presale opportunities“

https://pearljam.com/ten-club

Cleary seating tickets for Berlin are not among the best seats in the house when they are normally sold at a discounted rate for other events. (Although you might have a good to great view from the lower rows, no so good to terrible from the higher rows).

if would be great if 10c would comment how the Berlin seat allocation is in line with the promises given about the membership.
  • Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 338
    I might want to add that several people (myself included) tried to reach out to Ticketmaster and/or 10c before the end of the 10c presale to  get some clarification on the question, if there would be any restrictions, concerning the choice of seats, as there were none at this venue for PJ in 2022.
    While the 10c presale was still runing, the topic of possible assigned seating came up among the 10c members just as a rumor, that this might be the case for PJ in Berlin in 2024. 
    And as far as I know there was no clarification, just conflicting answers from the presale-support.
    I would like to point out, that the graphic shown above also suggested, that the 10c members would not even get assigned seats, as all the seating areas were marked in the same colour.
    So there was an absolute lack of transparency for the members, what they were even buying,  
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 410
    edited February 25
    Well, 10c answered via mail to me that there will be reserved seating for Berlin this time. (Think, I made their answer public here)

Thatˋs why I chose GA for both nights (despite my old bones) since I did not like having the chance to end up in the middle of the 2nd tier. Didn’t thought they would give members possible view-restricted seats (which again, could be fine for the lower rows).

A clarification from 10c would be great if their policy changed from „best seats in the house“ to „among the best seats in the house, so we can sell others at Premium“ or to „just be happy that you are in the building“. Would make a difference to future 10c-ticket purchases.
    Post edited by axeljohan on
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,331
    The most important thing  in my opinion is they did not disclose the fact that some of A and E are obstructed.  

That would have affected the decision to enter the draw.  

It is now too late to attempt to purchase good seats in the public sale but not to offer refunds.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    OS38276OS38276 Posts: 16
    the seats in A1 and E1 are the ones closest ones to the stage. i guess whoever assigned these sections to the 10C had exactly this in mind, and it was very well intended. but yes, at the waldbühne A1 and E1 are not great sections as the view is obstructed.
  • Options
    A1 and E2
  • Options
    holo92holo92 Posts: 182
    Thanks to Zen23 for starting this thread.
    I was the one who called Live Nation Germany, and they gave me the information of reserved seating for the 2 PJ concerts at Waldbühne 2024. They did not clarify if there are cheaper sections in the upper bowl (which were not on Friday, but since Saturday, because of bad sales).
    That was ok for me, reserved seating is quite good, you can go a little later and still have your seats.

But choosing only obstructed areas for all TC seats is quite a big problem.
    Everyone who has been at Waldbühne concerts knows that, if you have general admission, like it was always before 2024 for all of my 10 to 12 concerts there, you have half of the A1 and E2 sections empty, even when it is sold out (that was the normal case when I was there, since 08/14/95 NY and PJ).

So a reaction from TC is much appreciated.
    Mooving to B/C/D empty seats (A2 and E1 maybe) or getting a refund of maybe 25€ per ticket - at free choice- woud be fine.
    Better than nothing.
    And please next time: ask someone before, who knows about problems with some sections in different venues.
    There are many, who would have known for Berlin...

One last thing:
    Please put the speakers on the side of the stage at Waldbühne in July further back, to enable TC-sections a better view of the (whole) band. Thanks!

06/15/92, 08/14/95, 11/03/96, 09/11/98, 06/11/00, 06/23/00, 06/25/00, 06/18/03, 06/21/03, 09/28/04,
    09/02/05, 09/04/05, 09/05/05, 09/16/06, 09/17/06, 09/19/06, 09/22/06, 09/23/06, 06/12/07, 06/18/07,
    06/21/07, 06/23/07, 06/24/08, 06/25/08, 08/15/09, 08/18/09, 06/30/10, 09/03/11, 09/04/11, 07/02/12,
    07/04/12, 07/07/12, 06/16/14, 06/17/14, 06/26/14, 08/05/16, 08/07/16, 07/01/18, 07/03/18, 07/05/18,
    09/02/18, 09/04/18, 06/21/22, 06/28/22, 07/14/22
  • Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    Any idea when tickets purchased through 10C will appear in our Ticketmaster accounts?

My pair is still not there (...thought they would be after the public sale).
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,944
    yikes.  that is awful.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    The most perverse thing is that Ticketmaster is now selling the remaining seats from the lottery in the A1 and E2 sections as platinum tickets. Seats right up to the very edge. For an incredible 260 to 280 euros. Without giving a single hint that this is a restricted view. What kind of world is this? How can you be so shitty to people?! How can you care so little about people?!
  • Options
    And just for the sake of completeness, what you get for the money. 

• Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 307
    I've just sent an email to Ten Club about this issue...not complaining about the ticket prices but putting Ten Club members in sections with obstructed view... that's not fair. If this is an honest mistake then this should absolutely get fixed...even if it takes a little work it should be fixed. I've actually been relocated a couple of times when organizers have made mistakes at concerts before so I know it is possible and relatively easy when dealing with electronica tickets. Make it happen PJ, Ten Club and Ticketmaster!!! Re-locate the Ten Club members in sections A1 and E2 in Berlin!!! As of today there are plenty of seats available in every section except standing...and I find it hard to believe that they put every Ten Club member in sections A1 and E2...
  • Options
    JABK said:
    I've just sent an email to Ten Club about this issue...not complaining about the ticket prices but putting Ten Club members in sections with obstructed view... that's not fair. If this is an honest mistake then this should absolutely get fixed...even if it takes a little work it should be fixed. I've actually been relocated a couple of times when organizers have made mistakes at concerts before so I know it is possible and relatively easy when dealing with electronica tickets. Make it happen PJ, Ten Club and Ticketmaster!!! Re-locate the Ten Club members in sections A1 and E2 in Berlin!!! As of today there are plenty of seats available in every section except standing...and I find it hard to believe that they put every Ten Club member in sections A1 and E2...
    @Rubysdad See above 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    FroggieFroggie Cork Posts: 207
    We've sat in the lower sections of E2 in 2018 in seats 1 and 2 closest to the stage and they are great seats. Definitely not restricted view. So maybe it depends how far back you are, or maybe it only applies to A1? This time I got E2 row 8 and I reckon they are great seats. I also got A1 row 6 and I think it will be fine. 
  • Options
    TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,292
    JABK said:
    I did that too, pointing out that the sections E1 to A2 had the better seats...The answer from Ticketstoday:
    ....We are unable to process any seating exchenges at this time...
    Pretty frustrating...
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • Options
    We're in E2 row 20 seats 13-14...
  • Options
    TinaE said:
    JABK said:
    I did that too, pointing out that the sections E1 to A2 had the better seats...The answer from Ticketstoday:
    ....We are unable to process any seating exchenges at this time...
    Pretty frustrating...
    As I mentioned earlier that's a bad excuse...you can re-locate people quite easily.
  • Options
    edited February 26
    JABK said:
    We are in E2, row 20, seats 13-14...
    1st  night I am in E2, row 21, seats 15-14 (behind you :)) and my husband is E2, row 26, seats 15-16. On the 2nd evening we are in section A1...

Post edited by TinaE on
  • Options
    Froggie said:
    We've sat in the lower sections of E2 in 2018 in seats 1 and 2 closest to the stage and they are great seats. Definitely not restricted view. So maybe it depends how far back you are, or maybe it only applies to A1? This time I got E2 row 8 and I reckon they are great seats. I also got A1 row 6 and I think it will be fine. 
    I completely agree with you. They are certainly great seats. But that only applies to the front rows. After that, sections A1 and E2 in the middle section move to a visual axis with the edge of the stage and even further up to a visual axis that is even behind the edge of the stage if you are sitting far out.

Ultimately, the question arises: if only these two areas had been indicated as possible seats in the Ten Club presale and if the Ten Club and Ticketmaster had pointed out that these were possibly obstructed-view seats, nobody would have applied for them for 175 euros.

If we had known in advance that 95 percent of the other seats would be sold in the official presale, who would have applied for them?

It is and remains a deception. And in a fair world - yes, I know we don't live in one - there has to be compensation for this.
  • Options
    And I would have liked to have known that there was no longer a free choice of seats before we took part in the lottery. Now we have the problem that my husband has seats about 4-5 rows behind me... In 2018 and 2022 we were able to sit together as a family because there was free choice of seats. Well, whatever...we'll try to make the best of it.
  • Options
    TinaE said:
    And I would have liked to have known that there was no longer a free choice of seats before we took part in the lottery. Now we have the problem that my husband has seats about 4-5 rows behind me... In 2018 and 2022 we were able to sit together as a family because there was free choice of seats. Well, whatever...we'll try to make the best of it.
    It's such a shame that it's not free seating. I have no idea how they are going to police it. Seems like madness to me. 
  • Options
    Zen23 said:
    Froggie said:
    I completely agree with you. They are certainly great seats. But that only applies to the front rows. After that, sections A1 and E2 in the middle section move to a visual axis with the edge of the stage and even further up to a visual axis that is even behind the edge of the stage if you are sitting far out.

Ultimately, the question arises: if only these two areas had been indicated as possible seats in the Ten Club presale and if the Ten Club and Ticketmaster had pointed out that these were possibly obstructed-view seats, nobody would have applied for them for 175 euros.

If we had known in advance that 95 percent of the other seats would be sold in the official presale, who would have applied for them?

It is and remains a deception. And in a fair world - yes, I know we don't live in one - there has to be compensation for this.
    I totally understand what you're saying and it will be very disappointing and unfair if TC members end up with a restricted view. Especially, when the seating plan looked completely different before the sale. 
  • Options
    With everything said about Ten Club tickets in Berlin, I'm not holding my breath about things being fixed...but I'd sure like to be positively surprised. If there is a slim chance with any band it's PJ.
  • Options
    TinaE said:
    Where are your seats located?
  • Options
    Zen23 said:
    TinaE said:
    Where are your seats located?
    1st evening: E2, me in row 21, my husband in row 26;
    2nd evening: A1, me in row 19, my husband in row 23.
  • Options
    Too bad. I don't think that fits. I have a total of three tickets for sale. Two for July 2 in A1, row 24, and one ticket for July 3 in A1, row 22.
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,249
    Froggie said:
    TinaE said:
    It's such a shame that it's not free seating. I have no idea how they are going to police it. Seems like madness to me. 
    They manage to police it very well at pretty much every other gig that happens there. It'll be absolutely fine, other than some folks being unhappy about the view from their seats. 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    My husband also has a ticket to sell for both evenings because our younger son doesn't want to go... I was already thinking about whether the three of us should squeeze into my two seats, we're all quite slim ;)
  • Options
    Gregeje76Gregeje76 Germany Posts: 15
    You all have great seats, but mine is even better: A1 Row 26 seat 3!! 
    What a beautiful view to the wall. Somebody interested to buy it? 👍🍻🤘😉
  • Options
    TinaE said:
    My husband also has a ticket to sell for both evenings because our younger son doesn't want to go... I was already thinking about whether the three of us should squeeze into my two seats, we're all quite slim ;)
    A couple snuck their kid into their two seats beside me at a past show and I found it very rude and infringed upon my space.  I didn’t say anything because I didn’t want to be “that guy” but it was not cool in my opinion that they did that.