Options

European Tour Sales = Desaster

Comments

• Options
    HenriettaLowellHenriettaLowell Cologne, Germany Posts: 63
    London is also 6.30 pm (as there are two support acts)
    Can‘t believe you‘re getting Richard Ashcroft!
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 403
    drfox said:
    tino_11 said:
    Start time for Barca event says 9pm on the tickets. What time are the band likely to be on stage?
    Damn, really?!? I have a flight home at 7am the next morning. 
    If the concert starts at 9 pm, Pearl Jam might be on stage around 10 pm after the support act. The concert will be over around half an hour after midnight. It will take at least another hour to get out of the venue and from the nearest stop to the airport. Let's say you would be at the airport around 2 am. If your flight leaves at 7 am and you have to be there an hour or two earlier, you don't need a hotel. You can also rest for a few hours at the airport for free.
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,173
    Zen23 said:
    drfox said:
    tino_11 said:
    Start time for Barca event says 9pm on the tickets. What time are the band likely to be on stage?
    Damn, really?!? I have a flight home at 7am the next morning. 
    If the concert starts at 9 pm, Pearl Jam might be on stage around 10 pm after the support act. The concert will be over around half an hour after midnight. It will take at least another hour to get out of the venue and from the nearest stop to the airport. Let's say you would be at the airport around 2 am. If your flight leaves at 7 am and you have to be there an hour or two earlier, you don't need a hotel. You can also rest for a few hours at the airport for free.
    Thanks. My hotel is the nearest one to the arena so will hopefully still get a couple of hours sleep 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,468

This is funny.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    edited June 12
    This company is doing everything it can to create artificial shortages. On the other hand, they are also only selling the lower tier. Eventim the remaining ones. And if you subtract all the resell tickets, there really aren't that many blue dots left.

I would be happy if Eventim would sell a few more tickets. So that the upper tier is also full. But maybe it's just too late.
    Post edited by Zen23 on
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 425
    The split between ticketmaster and eventim will also add to the reasons, why Berlin will see many empty seats. When you go to TM to look for Pearl Jam tickets and you think that they are too expensive, you have no idea that there are lots of "cheap" tickets waiting at eventim.
  • Options
    edited June 12
    Exactly. This was also not communicated at all in advance. Before the presale there was only talk of Ticketmaster. And only when people got their confirmation email for the official presale, I think it was written in small letters underneath. Something about alternatively also available at Eventim. I can still remember how many people only went to Ticketmaster and said that there were no more tickets available. At the same time, the entire second and third tiers were available at Eventim. And some of them still are. 
  • Options
    I think the reason for the split is that the band has an exclusive deal with TM for the European tour, but Waldbühne is owned by one of eventim's subsidiaries. So in order to play at Waldbühne they had to give eventim some tickets to sell.
  • Options
    Daan.PearljamDaan.Pearljam Amsterdam Posts: 14
    A bunch of first row tickets just got released in Manchester. Or did I miss these? 
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,860
    axeljohan said:
    I think the reason for the split is that the band has an exclusive deal with TM for the European tour, but Waldbühne is owned by one of eventim's subsidiaries. So in order to play at Waldbühne they had to give eventim some tickets to sell.
    Maybe but twickets also have tickets now for the london show also, cheaper than anything on ticketmaster. Its a bit of a shambles really
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,116
    Has anyone else noticed that the number of tickets on their Ticketmaster app has doubled? I've now got 2 for each show but have only paid for 1. 

Yup, just checked and same here, showing two tickets now but only paid for one.
    Either tickets sales are really bad and they give them out for free (I doubt it) or potentially the extra one is something to do with 10C early entry ticket?
    I don’t think it’s for early entry.  I also have 4 Frank Turner tickets (should be 2) in my Ticketmaster app for next Feb, so I guess it’s an error as others have said.
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    Are people having issues getting their GA tickets for Barcelona to show up as listed when trying to sell? My friend has listed their tickets and even has the secure link to post and can see it there but when I go on the Spain TM July 6th date all I see are premium for sale even though if you hover over GA it shows a lower price.
  • Options
    edited June 12
    A bunch of first row tickets just got released in Manchester. Or did I miss these? 
    No. You haven't missed anything. They are brand new. This company makes me angry. These fuckers have held back almost the entire lower tier blocks 107, 108 and 109.
  • Options
    stuessystuessy Posts: 32
    edited June 12
    Question about GA (Ten Club Lot), Berlin Night 1+2
    Do any of you know when the QR code will be visible in the Ticketmaster app? It currently says: "We are preparing your tickets."
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,263
    edited June 12
    pdalowsky said:
    axeljohan said:
    Maybe but twickets also have tickets now for the london show also, cheaper than anything on ticketmaster. Its a bit of a shambles really
    Aren't those mostly just people dumping spares now that they can be transferred? 
    Sadly, they're not going to shift those 500 level tickets even at £56. 
    Post edited by ilockyer on
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    ilockyer said:
    pdalowsky said:
    axeljohan said:
    Aren't those mostly just people dumping spares now that they can be transferred? 
    Sadly, they're not going to shift those 500 level tickets even at £56. 
    No bud because those tickets can still not be transferred and there are huge blocks of them together. These are new sales it seems
  • Options
    RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,603
    stuessy said:
    Do any of you know when the QR code will be visible in the Ticketmaster app? It currently says: "We are preparing your tickets."
    I guess it says 3 days before the show.
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 307
    stuessy said:
    Manchester qr codes went live 4 days ago
  • Options
    stuessystuessy Posts: 32
    seanclax said:
    stuessy said:
    Manchester qr codes went live 4 days ago
    thank you!
  • Options
    anyone needing an extra standing for Manchester - I have one - please send me a PM

• Options
    maximumlawmanmaximumlawman Regensburg, Germany Posts: 222
    Eventim sends out e-mails offering the last remaining tickets for Berlin („Jetzt die letzten Tickets sichern!“). 
  • Options
    I laughed at the "better be quick" part of the e-mail. Still loads of tickets available for tier 3 at reduced prices. And at TM for tier 1 (still at premium prices - like they actually don't want to sell those).
  • Options
    mazminxmazminx Posts: 12
    Hi all, 2 x rear standing for London purchased at £159.13 each when they went on sale. Registered interest via Tm and queued up like a good punter. Now I can't go and can't sell the tickets it seems, coz TM kep B**gering about with the prices. Be honest with me - what are my chances of losing £320 I don't have? cheers
    "Saw a trapdoor in the sun..."
    Cardiff, Wales '00 -  EV - "Must have been one of those fuckin nice people" (Someone stole a PJ crew wallet on the sight seeing bus and PJ ain't been back to Wales since)
    Reading '06 
    London '07
    MKB  '14
    Rome '18
    Hyde Park '22

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,632
    edited June 13
    It's such a sad situation . It's just not right 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    And Ticketmaster keeps on going. Some of the best seats in the house. Two weeks before Manchester, they come up with the idea of offering them for sale. For the regular price. For which some Ten Club members have been moved to the back of the arena. 

• Options
    marumarukomarumaruko Frankfurt / Calgary Posts: 172
    Zen23 said:
    And Ticketmaster keeps on going. Some of the best seats in the house. Two weeks before Manchester, they come up with the idea of offering them for sale. For the regular price. For which some Ten Club members have been moved to the back of the arena. 

Gonna be a lot of empty seats this European tour. 
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 870
    I wonder how many 10C Europeans are debating to cancel their memberships and just buy tickets on regular sales.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,632
    edited June 13
    It's a really poor choice of venue. Milton Keynes should have warned them but green disease has taken over with everything. Sad to see. 
    02 X2 works don't need to reach for extra . If it ain't broke don't try fix it 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,752
    mikesbri said:
    I wonder how many 10C Europeans are debating to cancel their memberships and just buy tickets on regular sales.
    I wouldn't cancel but it does piss me off that I requested seats and got floor standing for Manchester. Seeing whats available, is really disappointing. Another thing that still pisses me off was the registration bullshit. I was put on a wait list for Dublin, Manchester & London yet there are thousands of unsold tickets. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 922
    I can’t believe how many tickets have just been made available for Manchester. The whole way the sale has been handled for this tour is baffling. If they had just had reasonable prices at the offset I would have gone to Manchester and London. I can’t get the time off work to do Manchester now even if the price drops and I have plans on the same day as London. I’m genuinely confused by the whole situation.