Options

European Tour Sales = Desaster

Comments

• Options
    They need to do a real tour of Canada again. The band could plan on visiting every Canadian city with an NHL team over a period of several weeks. 
  • Options
    I guess they might as well include Quebec City in there too for good measure. 
  • Options
    marumarukomarumaruko Frankfurt / Calgary Posts: 154
    Trust me, if that happens I'll be at every show. Canadian crowds are different. 
    Already planned my annual time at home with the family this year, otherwise I would have been there for the Vancouver shows, too. 
  • Options
    Daan.PearljamDaan.Pearljam Amsterdam Posts: 10
    With ticket sales this terrible, will they cancel the tour? The Black Keys just did a couple of days ago, probaly because low ticket sales. 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,520
    One can only hope they realise USA prices and EUR prices are a completely different animal. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 419
    edited May 28
    Sales in Europe are not that terrible that they would consider canceling the tour. Not great sales, but playing to 2/3 crowds is still better than getting negative publicity of a tour cancellation.
    Post edited by axeljohan on
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,220
    Zen23 said:
    I find it completely incomprehensible that neither Berlin nor London have ever thought of lowering their prices. And Barcelona for that matter....That's sad. Do you think anything will happen?
    They will tour Europe less.
    The Japan treatment which led to being an almost non existent band on the Japanese market. Unless they are getting ready for staying in North America only, it makes not sense to tour less, but to tour smarter. Bit smaller venues, to add in more festivals again.
    Berlin for example has the Wuhlheide, which looks like Waldbühne, just a better location and a tad smaller. 
    It makes perfect sense, if you're going to take the cost and time to tour abroad, not just the band but the entire crew, and the result is subpar ticket sales. You just do it less.

Why put the effort of playing a smaller venue in Berlin, when you can play a larger venue in the states at a fraction of the travel and transport costs?

Apparently in Seattle schools, they teach that the only US cities east of the Mississippi are Boston, Philly, NY and Balt.

The population density in and around those places, and according to band comments in the past, their popularity there is second to none.

Yet those are the only east US cities they’ve apparently heard of. Moral of story, they will leave millions on the table to do what they want, and they like Euro. And Cali. 
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,727
    Zen23 said:
    I find it completely incomprehensible that neither Berlin nor London have ever thought of lowering their prices. And Barcelona for that matter....That's sad. Do you think anything will happen?
    The Japan treatment which led to being an almost non existent band on the Japanese market. Unless they are getting ready for staying in North America only, it makes not sense to tour less, but to tour smarter. Bit smaller venues, to add in more festivals again.
    Berlin for example has the Wuhlheide, which looks like Waldbühne, just a better location and a tad smaller. 
    It makes perfect sense, if you're going to take the cost and time to tour abroad, not just the band but the entire crew, and the result is subpar ticket sales. You just do it less.

Why put the effort of playing a smaller venue in Berlin, when you can play a larger venue in the states at a fraction of the travel and transport costs?

Apparently in Seattle schools, they teach that the only US cities east of the Mississippi are Boston, Philly, NY and Balt.

The population density in and around those places, and according to band comments in the past, their popularity there is second to none.

Yet those are the only east US cities they’ve apparently heard of. Moral of story, they will leave millions on the table to do what they want, and they like Euro. And Cali. 
    You forgot Chicago, 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,430
    With ticket sales this terrible, will they cancel the tour? The Black Keys just did a couple of days ago, probaly because low ticket sales. 
    Is "this terrible" this terrible?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    kramerica4kramerica4 Posts: 282
    Wyh don't you bring on some more drama... :scream:

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,786
    Manchester is a few hundred tickets from selling out, Dublin I understand was a near on sell out........I think its mostly just London and Barcelona night 2 that were really struggling. No way they pull the tour......London is a whopping stadium and its just the timing that has killed that show in my opinion.......
  • Options
    Zen23 said:

You forgot Chicago, 

evidently I did not pay attention in geography class. Perhaps I should have went with the Ohio River. 
  • Options
    benlw86benlw86 Posts: 16
    I watched the Felice Brothers in Islington Hall. Such a great venue. Stood next to James Felice and his accordion whilst ordering an IPA. Next time PJ, downsize in London! Nobody actually wants to be in a Spurs stadium. 
  • Options
    smile6680smile6680 Posts: 355
    Trust me, if that happens I'll be at every show. Canadian crowds are different. 
    Already planned my annual time at home with the family this year, otherwise I would have been there for the Vancouver shows, too. 
    Montreal is better than Boston in my opinion, Halifax was great also (just a little hard to get to), and unfortunately I haven't made it up to Quebec City to see them yet. It was fun when they played Montreal during the Montreal jazz fest. Maybe I'm getting my Montreal visits confused but I think it was around 2003?
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 383
    edited May 30
    Now it has finally happened. It's about time. Pearl Jam for under 100 Euro in the upper tier in Berlin. 92 Euro to be precise. If they had sold the lower tier for 175, the middle tier for 130 and the upper tier for 90 Euro right from the start, we would have had a sold-out house long ago. On both evenings. Now we'll have to wait and see if they haven't nipped interest in the bud.
    Post edited by Zen23 on
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 767
    Is "this terrible" this terrible?

I love the Black Keys music, but I had no idea who was filling these arenas. Apparently, the answer is that nobody was filling these arenas.

I saw them a few years ago. They were OK. They never acknowledged the 4 piece backing back behind them, then they brought out a whole other band to play covers for 5-6 songs (people kind of wandered out for piss and a beer), then they brought back the original band that they never acknowledged. The hits sounded exactly like the CD. Not sure why I need to go twice.
  • Options
    Greyhound06Greyhound06 Posts: 36
    Zen23 said:
    Now it has finally happened. It's about time. Pearl Jam for under 100 Euro in the upper tier in Berlin. 92 Euro to be precise. If they had sold the lower tier for 175, the middle tier for 130 and the upper tier for 90 Euro right from the start, we would have had a sold-out house long ago. On both evenings. Now we'll have to wait and see if they haven't nipped interest in the bud.
    And I thought the seats were sold, when I looked last week. 

Oh man, still sad to see nearly the whole upper level unsold. 

30 days to go. And actually it doesn't matter, because I am sure I will see a great show. And all the guys who are there will have an incredible evening or two. 
  • Options
    edited June 4
    For those who have been waiting for it. They have partially reduced the price in Level 2 for Barcelona Night 2 from the original 165 Euros to 92 and a little further back to 58 Euros. They have also lowered the tickets for night 1 to 58 euros in some areas. I will leave it at this purely factual information and not comment further on the price reduction from 165 to 58 Euros. Before someone comes back here and lectures me again.
    Post edited by Zen23 on
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,786
    Zen23 said:
    For those who have been waiting for it. They have partially reduced the price in Level 2 for Barcelona Night 2 from the original 165 Euros to 92 and a little further back to 58 Euros. They have also lowered the tickets for night 1 to 58 euros in some areas. I will leave it at this purely factual information and not comment further on the price reduction from 165 to 58 Euros. Before someone comes back here and lectures me again.
    I hope there is a strong take up on these reduced tickets, I guess we would all prefer a full house 
  • Options
    marumarukomarumaruko Frankfurt / Calgary Posts: 154
    edited June 4
    Hmm, now is the time to hop on a last minute flight for cheap if available. 

But I think a main problem is that a lot of Spaniards might be in Germany during that time. Their team is very good and is expected to reach the semi final so that's why I think both shows will not be close to being sold out.  

Post edited by marumaruko on
  • Options
    Buddy called the other day “I really want to see Pearl Jam at the garden and I want to spend $900US per ticket. Where’s that gonna get me ( he hates upper level seats)

told him two choices.

first, if MSG desired that $900 will get you a nice hotel room, dinner, and probably a few rounds or so of drinks.

second, if  you are looking to save money, hop on a plane to Europe.
  • Options
    Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 280
    London ticket prices are plummeting.
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,152
    London ticket prices are plummeting.
    I imagine they will gift a bunch of the nosebleed seats for free to the “blue light” sector like they did with Blur London Night 2 last year. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,444
    Anyone know if you purchase a fan to fan ticket for Barcelona if you can subsequently sell it again on fan to fan? 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    edited June 4
    Unfortunately not. But why would you want to buy a Ticketmaster resale ticket when you can get original standard tickets for less money? The ones that you can possibly sell again.
    Post edited by Zen23 on
  • Options
    Zen23 said:
    Unfortunately not. But why would you want to buy a Ticketmaster resale ticket when you can get original standard tickets for less money? The ones that you can possibly sell again.
    Sometimes the resale seats are in a better location.  

Thanks for the info.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    You're right about that. You're welcome. 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,812
    Zen23 said:

You forgot Chicago, 

evidently I did not pay attention in geography class. Perhaps I should have went with the Ohio River. 
    Saint Paul is also east of the Mississippi in the conventional sense, although it's a bit confusing when you look at a map because it looks to be west of the river because of the way the river bends in that particular area. This leads to the quirk that West Saint Paul is due south of Saint Paul.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    Zen23 said:

You forgot Chicago, 

Saint Paul is also east of the Mississippi in the conventional sense, although it's a bit confusing when you look at a map because it looks to be west of the river because of the way the river bends in that particular area. This leads to the quirk that West Saint Paul is due south of Saint Paul.
    Kind of like the part of Kentucky (or maybe Indiana, or both) where heading due south on the Interstate you cross from Eastern to Central time.  

• Options
    lemon2lemon2 Posts: 7
    Hi!
    First time going to a show in Europe. Hitting Berlin and Barcelona. How is the floor in Palau Sant Jordi? Recommended for PJ? I generally try and do GA for US shows but was curious how crowded its gets in Palau.

Brian