Options

European Tour Sales = Desaster

Comments

• Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,026
    According to ticketmaster uk there are 866 tickets left.

If u put the filter to 1 ticket only it show how many there are left.

Also the smallest price is 80 pounds
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 403
    edited June 5
    You're right. I've never noticed that number up there. Thanks for pointing that out.

Unfortunately, only Ticketmaster knows how this number comes about. It seems to be made up. By random generator. There are over 1,000 tickets available in this limited area of the South Stand alone. Not including the tickets that Ticketmaster has deliberately grayed out and taken off sale for the time being. If you were to add them in, you would get close to 1,500 tickets for this area alone.

Perhaps someone who is familiar with the Ticketmaster system can help. I have tried to get behind it again. But I have to give up. For example, if you select PJ Premium as the ticket type, Ticketmaster tells you "18 results". But in reality there are over 100 tickets of this type. Inscrutable.
    Post edited by Zen23 on
  • Options
    STATEOFLOVE59STATEOFLOVE59 Posts: 20
    Hmm, now is the time to hop on a last minute flight for cheap if available. 

But I think a main problem is that a lot of Spaniards might be in Germany during that time. Their team is very good and is expected to reach the semi final so that's why I think both shows will not be close to being sold out.  

Barcelona dos not support Spain.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,861
    London ticket prices are plummeting.
    Saw they are advertising them at £49 now........problem is they still don't seem to be moving too well. 

It kinda bolsters that thinking that whilst people were a little pissed about the prices, it was the fact that the date clashes with so much other stuff going on that is the main underlying problem and the timing of the tour announcement. 

At any other time this show would have sold out IMO. 

I know I cant wait.....
  • Options
    Does anyone know if its correct that closer to the show it will be possible to transfer tickets via the ticketmaster app? its currently greyed out as an option meaning the only way is to buy through TM and pay their fees on a ticket that has already incurred fees.

I am hunting for one front standing ticket for my son but really dont want to be paying £200 which includes £68 worth of ticketmaster costs. 
  • Options
    stonesstones Posts: 236
    lemon2 said:
    Hi!
    First time going to a show in Europe. Hitting Berlin and Barcelona. How is the floor in Palau Sant Jordi? Recommended for PJ? I generally try and do GA for US shows but was curious how crowded its gets in Palau.

Brian
    We went last time they played Barcelona.  It's a great city!

The GA floor is massive in comparison to US GA.  It's the whole floor (no floor seats) as opposed to a small section in front of the stage.  We hung about half way back next to the sound desk and had plenty of space around us, but the closer in you get to the stage the tighter and sweatier it will be.  So it will depend on the type of experience you want.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,632
    stones said:
    lemon2 said:
    Hi!
    First time going to a show in Europe. Hitting Berlin and Barcelona. How is the floor in Palau Sant Jordi? Recommended for PJ? I generally try and do GA for US shows but was curious how crowded its gets in Palau.

Brian
    We went last time they played Barcelona.  It's a great city!

The GA floor is massive in comparison to US GA.  It's the whole floor (no floor seats) as opposed to a small section in front of the stage.  We hung about half way back next to the sound desk and had plenty of space around us, but the closer in you get to the stage the tighter and sweatier it will be.  So it will depend on the type of experience you want.
    I was in the closer sweatier bit. Massive floor.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    one_stoneone_stone Posts: 295
    pdalowsky said:
    Saw they are advertising them at £49 now........problem is they still don't seem to be moving too well. 

It kinda bolsters that thinking that whilst people were a little pissed about the prices, it was the fact that the date clashes with so much other stuff going on that is the main underlying problem and the timing of the tour announcement. 

I know I cant wait.....
    Where do you see those reduced ticket prices? The cheapest tickets I can see are still 91GBP...

As my wife and I have spontaneously decided to go to London and see Kings Of Leon in Hyde Park on Sunday before flying to Berlin, I am in the convenient position to make use of the bad sales and add PJ on Saturday too for a reduced price. I am now waiting for the best moment to grab some cheap seats which still have a good view... But I have a feeling this moment will be even closer to the show / in the last week before the show...
  • Options
    one_stone said:
    pdalowsky said:

I know I cant wait.....
    Where do you see those reduced ticket prices? The cheapest tickets I can see are still 91GBP...

As my wife and I have spontaneously decided to go to London and see Kings Of Leon in Hyde Park on Sunday before flying to Berlin, I am in the convenient position to make use of the bad sales and add PJ on Saturday too for a reduced price. I am now waiting for the best moment to grab some cheap seats which still have a good view... But I have a feeling this moment will be even closer to the show / in the last week before the show...
    They have been thrown onto twickets I was told
  • Options
    sdh8252sdh8252 Birmingham, UK Posts: 14
    Tickets: Pearl Jam - Dark Matter World Tour 2024, London | Sat, 29 Jun 2024, 19:00 | Ticketmaster UK   There are £63 tickets available on this link, some decent seats (not too far back) in the lower tier corner of the south stand for that price.  Hopefully the link works ok for you.
  • Options
    one_stone said:
    pdalowsky said:

I know I cant wait.....

These are the £49 ones here

https://www.twickets.live/en/event/1764369815859896320#sort=FirstListed&typeFilter=Any&qFilter=All

• Options
    sdh8252 said:
    Tickets: Pearl Jam - Dark Matter World Tour 2024, London | Sat, 29 Jun 2024, 19:00 | Ticketmaster UK   There are £63 tickets available on this link, some decent seats (not too far back) in the lower tier corner of the south stand for that price.  Hopefully the link works ok for you.
    The technology behind the link makes me curious. For one thing, where does this link come from? Secondly, why are individual tickets sold via this link that cannot be seen on the “normal” page?
  • Options
    sdh8252sdh8252 Birmingham, UK Posts: 14
    Zen23 said:
    sdh8252 said:
    The technology behind the link makes me curious. For one thing, where does this link come from? Secondly, why are individual tickets sold via this link that cannot be seen on the “normal” page?
    It was emailed out to UK Ticketmaster users directly as a "promotional offer".  Quite funny they say the offer ends on the 5th July and the concert is on the 29th June!
  • Options
    one_stoneone_stone Posts: 295
    sdh8252 said:
    Thank you! Works for me.... 😀
  • Options
    Crazy. I've never seen such a confused presale.

You can actually buy tickets in level 3 for 63 euros via this special link on the sides. While you have to pay 157 euros for the last row of this stadium via the same link in level 5 on the sides.

What's more, they have converted many standard tickets into "Mastercard Preferred Seated Tickets" on the "normal" website. Which - as the name suggests - can only be purchased by Mastercard holders. To add another hurdle?! Sorry. That's beyond my knowledge and imagination.
  • Options
    Zen23 said:

You can actually buy tickets in level 3 for 63 euros via this special link on the sides. While you have to pay 157 euros for the last row of this stadium via the same link in level 5 on the sides.

What's more, they have converted many standard tickets into "Mastercard Preferred Seated Tickets" on the "normal" website. Which - as the name suggests - can only be purchased by Mastercard holders. To add another hurdle?! Sorry. That's beyond my knowledge and imagination.
    I guess at this stage its a total Ticketmaster shitshow. But as long as there are bottoms of seats come show time it'll all be well

Interesting the Manchester tickets can now be transferred but the London ones cannot. God only knows
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,210
    pdalowsky said:
    Zen23 said:

I guess at this stage its a total Ticketmaster shitshow. But as long as there are bottoms of seats come show time it'll all be well

Interesting the Manchester tickets can now be transferred but the London ones cannot. God only knows
    Will just be timing with transfers I think Manchester wasn't available a few days ago
     I expect London will in another few days 
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 425
    Berlin tickets can now be transferred too.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,468
    Oh wow.  Transferable is a big development.  Anyone know if Barcelona is?
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    axeljohan said:
    hmmm and that is after London, must be coming though
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 316
    axeljohan said:
    How does this work? I haven't transferred tickets before...
  • Options
    Philip_IrelandPhilip_Ireland Posts: 627
    edited June 5
    JABK said:
    axeljohan said:
    1. Open the Ticketmaster app and sign into your account.
    2. Tap My Events and select the event to view your tickets.
    3. Tap Transfer. If the Transfer button is grayed out, your tickets aren’t eligible for transfer.
    4. Select the tickets you'd like to transfer and tap Transfer To.
    5. Enter your recipient's information, including their email address — you could even add a note too. 
    6. Tap Transfer Ticket.

How do I transfer tickets? – Ticketmaster Help
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 316
    JABK said:
    axeljohan said:
    1. Open the Ticketmaster app and sign into your account.
    2. Tap My Events and select the event to view your tickets.
    3. Tap Transfer. If the Transfer button is grayed out, your tickets aren’t eligible for transfer.
    4. Select the tickets you'd like to transfer and tap Transfer To.
    5. Enter your recipient's information, including their email address — you could even add a note too. 
    6. Tap Transfer Ticket.

How do I transfer tickets? – Ticketmaster Help
    Cheers!
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,990
    edited June 6
    The missus told me she saw a TV advert for Dublin and London shows during Coronation Street :worried:
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,632
    Spags said:
    The missus told me she saw a TV advert for Dublin and London shows during Coronation Street :worried:
    Oh dear
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,263
    Someone posted above about the TM site and number of tickets available. The quantity changes based on number requested, but the list only shows section and row numbers on the drop down list. e.g. if it said 500 options were available and there were 10 blocks each with 50 rows showing seats, that'd be your 500 ticket options. 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,227
    BF25394 said:
    Zen23 said:
    I find it completely incomprehensible that neither Berlin nor London have ever thought of lowering their prices. And Barcelona for that matter....That's sad. Do you think anything will happen?
    They will tour Europe less.
    The Japan treatment which led to being an almost non existent band on the Japanese market. Unless they are getting ready for staying in North America only, it makes not sense to tour less, but to tour smarter. Bit smaller venues, to add in more festivals again.
    Berlin for example has the Wuhlheide, which looks like Waldbühne, just a better location and a tad smaller. 
    It makes perfect sense, if you're going to take the cost and time to tour abroad, not just the band but the entire crew, and the result is subpar ticket sales. You just do it less.

Why put the effort of playing a smaller venue in Berlin, when you can play a larger venue in the states at a fraction of the travel and transport costs?

Apparently in Seattle schools, they teach that the only US cities east of the Mississippi are Boston, Philly, NY and Balt.

The population density in and around those places, and according to band comments in the past, their popularity there is second to none.

Yet those are the only east US cities they’ve apparently heard of. Moral of story, they will leave millions on the table to do what they want, and they like Euro. And Cali. 
    You forgot Chicago, 

evidently I did not pay attention in geography class. Perhaps I should have went with the Ohio River. 
    Saint Paul is also east of the Mississippi in the conventional sense, although it's a bit confusing when you look at a map because it looks to be west of the river because of the way the river bends in that particular area. This leads to the quirk that West Saint Paul is due south of Saint Paul.

Yeah my geography is terrible. Glad to see them dropping London prices but it seems they will try to make that up with Philly and NY premium prices. Congrats on your show count!
  • Options
    spendletonspendleton London, UK Posts: 2
    I'm waiting until late in the day to see what Manchester prices drop to. Will be there in London but might make Manchester work if the price drops low enough
  • Options
    ilockyer said:
    Someone posted above about the TM site and number of tickets available. The quantity changes based on number requested, but the list only shows section and row numbers on the drop down list. e.g. if it said 500 options were available and there were 10 blocks each with 50 rows showing seats, that'd be your 500 ticket options. 
    Thank you very much. I would never have thought of that. That also explains the example with the "17 results" for PJ Premium tickets. "17 results" does not mean "17 tickets". Instead, in this example you have the option of buying a ticket in 17 different rows from a total of four remaining blocks. Thanks for clarifying what "results" means in the Ticketmaster world.
  • Options
    BP159670BP159670 Posts: 23
    edited June 6
    Unfortunately selling 2 GA/Pit/Pista tickets to Saturday, July 6 in Barcelona on F2F (Fan 2 Fan)
    Post edited by BP159670 on
    Missoula 6/20/98, Missoula 5/28/03, St Paul 6/28/03, St Paul 6/26/06, St Paul 6/27/06, Oklahoma City 11/16/13, Portland, OR 11/29/13, St Louis, 10/03/14, St Paul, 10/29/14, Tampa 4/11/16, Boston 8/5/16, Chicago 8/20/16, Seattle 8/10/18, Missoula 8/13/18, St Paul 8/31/23, St Paul 9/2/23