Options

European Tour Sales = Desaster

Comments

• Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,167
    pdalowsky said:
    Thats actually interesting to read as there has been a lot of talk about artists switching their shows across to the AO arena in Manchester - Take That being the first to make the move and I was wondering how on earth they could when the AO is smaller than the Co-Op. Its being billed as the biggest in the uk so I was scratching my head as to how sold out (or in our case a very nearly sold out) show could be moved to a smaller venue. Now we have the answer
    Looking at the seating map I don’t think the Co-Op ever released the seats in blocks 321-324, which will be a bunch of them 
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 400
    The gray area between Level 1 and Level 3 has also not gone on sale at Ticketmaster for any concert this year.
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,167
    Just looking at the Spurs map. I’m wondering when they’ll start to gift some of the nosebleeds to the blue light sector. There are so many still available. Looking at last year with the second Blur Wembley concert it was around 2 weeks before the show that they did the Blue light sale
  • Options
    edited May 3
    There are many more available than can be seen on the seating plan. Ticketmaster has simply hidden half rows in a beautifully symmetrical pattern to make it look less. You can see this in several areas of the stadium. Also on the South Stand. Almost all of these gray dots in this example are not yet sold.

• Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,263
    edited May 3
    pdalowsky said:
    Thats actually interesting to read as there has been a lot of talk about artists switching their shows across to the AO arena in Manchester - Take That being the first to make the move and I was wondering how on earth they could when the AO is smaller than the Co-Op. Its being billed as the biggest in the uk so I was scratching my head as to how sold out (or in our case a very nearly sold out) show could be moved to a smaller venue. Now we have the answer
    The AO is supposed to be increasing capacity to 24,000 by the end of next year, so Co-op Live would only hold that title for a short while. 
    Zen23 said:
    The gray area between Level 1 and Level 3 has also not gone on sale at Ticketmaster for any concert this year.

That'll be the corporate boxes in the 200 level. 
    Post edited by ilockyer on
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 425
    edited May 3
    Edit: my mistake 
    Post edited by axeljohan on
  • Options
    ilockyer said:
    Zen23 said:

I already thought of that on the sides. But I wonder whether this entire level 2 area in the back, which is currently grayed out and cannot be purchased, will also be one of the exclusive places. But it's quite possible.

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,850
    axeljohan said:
    Is it a mistake that Pearl Jam does not show up under events at the AO Homepage?

https://www.ao-arena.com/events

big hole for events from July to October 
    No, as they are not scheduled to play there (at least yet)

They are playing the Co-op Live : -

https://www.cooplive.com/events/62/dark-matter-world-tour-2024/pearl-jam
  • Options
    edited May 3
    Zen23 said:
    ilockyer said:
    Zen23 said:

I already thought of that on the sides. But I wonder whether this entire level 2 area in the back, which is currently grayed out and cannot be purchased, will also be one of the exclusive places. But it's quite possible.

16 rows in the 300 section at the sides, 23 in the back sections, per the seating plan. 
    First 5 rows of 311 don't appear to be on the TM seating plan though yet, front row in 311 has a ticket on resale is shown as row 6. 
    Maybe they're retractable for some reason. 
  • Options
    edited May 3
    ilockyer said:
    pdalowsky said:
    The AO is supposed to be increasing capacity to 24,000 by the end of next year, so Co-op Live would only hold that title for a short while. 
    According to numerous articles Manchester’s AO Arena has already completed its £50 million redevelopment. Or am I missing something?
  • Options
    axeljohanaxeljohan Posts: 425
    pdalowsky said:
    axeljohan said:
    Is it a mistake that Pearl Jam does not show up under events at the AO Homepage?

https://www.ao-arena.com/events

big hole for events from July to October 
    No, as they are not scheduled to play there (at least yet)

They are playing the Co-op Live : -

https://www.cooplive.com/events/62/dark-matter-world-tour-2024/pearl-jam
    Yeah, got confused with those two. Thanks for clearing that up.
  • Options
    Zen23 said:
    ilockyer said:
    pdalowsky said:
    According to numerous articles Manchester’s AO Arena has already completed its £50 million redevelopment. Or am I missing something?
    Wiki says 3 year refurb/expansion plan started in 2022 which would see it brought up to 24000 capacity. The building site is claiming it's the biggest still at 23500 so maybe not all done - or they changed mind about hte capacity thing.
  • Options
    edited May 3
    Could be. Now that the current work has been completed, only 23,000 people can be read about everywhere. Perhaps there will also be another construction phase.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/special-features/new-improved-ao-arena-fit-28933814

https://www.hok.com/news/2024-03/hok-designs-transformative-renovation-to-manchesters-ao-arena/
  • Options
    yorkshirestoneyorkshirestone Posts: 30
    ilockyer said:
    Zen23 said:
    ilockyer said:
    Zen23 said:

16 rows in the 300 section at the sides, 23 in the back sections, per the seating plan. 
    First 5 rows of 311 don't appear to be on the TM seating plan though yet, front row in 311 has a ticket on resale is shown as row 6. 
    Maybe they're retractable for some reason. 
    The pic above is floor seated config, ie smaller floor and larger section 100s, if you look on tm at seat plans for eagles, Stevie nicks etc it shows more rows in 100s when floor isn’t standing. There bottom rows retracting leaving a sort of wall around a larger standing area for pj and other standing shows - looks like level 2 rear seats were available here for eagles 

• Options
    Thanks for the find.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,464
    I’ve listed Barcelona 1 section 102 row 11 seat 5 (Stone side wing) on TM resale at standard price.  (TM adds buyer fees to fan to fan in Europe.)  If anyone wants to buy it please do.  Happy to discuss sharing the buyer fees, which shouldn’t exist on fan to fan, but anyway.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,023
    edited May 6
    after last night setlist i dont really give a damn about ticket sales , im going , im there its all that counts.

the people who arent going are the ones in the wrong , lets go!!! June 29th cant come fast enough

hell im seeing flights to dublin now full knowing i cant make it because i have a wedding that day LOL
  • Options
    I find it completely incomprehensible that neither Berlin nor London have ever thought of lowering their prices. And Barcelona for that matter. They need to sell a few tickets most of all, especially for the second evening. But it seems that all those responsible are still more interested in holding on to the overpriced tickets than in filling the venues and creating a better atmosphere. That's sad. Do you think anything will happen?
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,023
    Here in portugal we have a saying "mais vale poucos que muitos " which pretty much means its better only a few than many.

I think this will the case. 

You can have a great atmosphere in a not sold out venue.
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 627
    Zen23 said:
    I find it completely incomprehensible that neither Berlin nor London have ever thought of lowering their prices. And Barcelona for that matter. They need to sell a few tickets most of all, especially for the second evening. But it seems that all those responsible are still more interested in holding on to the overpriced tickets than in filling the venues and creating a better atmosphere. That's sad. Do you think anything will happen?
    If it follows a similar pattern as in the US, which I think it will, tickets will come down in price as the show becomes more imminent. For example, the Seattle shows had an influx of really good seats at face value a couple days ago (so 7-10 days before the show). I hear you on the venue atmosphere, but it seems like this is the process that is preferred by ticket companies. I expect it will be this way, at least in the US, from here on out. There are benefits to it if you are able to wait and buy tickets at the last minute, so to speak. I live about 2 blocks away from a venue, so I have found some great deals on last minute shows for big acts that I probably wouldn't have ponied up cash for months out in advance.
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,749
    Zen23 said:
    If it follows a similar pattern as in the US, which I think it will, tickets will come down in price as the show becomes more imminent. For example, the Seattle shows had an influx of really good seats at face value a couple days ago (so 7-10 days before the show). I hear you on the venue atmosphere, but it seems like this is the process that is preferred by ticket companies. I expect it will be this way, at least in the US, from here on out. There are benefits to it if you are able to wait and buy tickets at the last minute, so to speak. I live about 2 blocks away from a venue, so I have found some great deals on last minute shows for big acts that I probably wouldn't have ponied up cash for months out in advance.
    Difference is, Seattle is supposed to be sold out unlike London, Berlin and Barcelona. Doubt any additional Seattle seats, if any will be sold below the standard ticket price as there is no need to do it. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Interesting. Apparently they have taken the outer sections in the Berlin upper tier off sale and reduced the middle of the upper tier by 50 euros in the hope of selling more in the middle. I'm curious to see how many euros the outer sections will go back on sale for.

• Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,815
    Zen23 said:
    I find it completely incomprehensible that neither Berlin nor London have ever thought of lowering their prices. And Barcelona for that matter....That's sad. Do you think anything will happen?
    They will tour Europe less.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    marumarukomarumaruko Frankfurt / Calgary Posts: 166
    edited May 25
    Zen23 said:
    I find it completely incomprehensible that neither Berlin nor London have ever thought of lowering their prices. And Barcelona for that matter....That's sad. Do you think anything will happen?
    The Japan treatment which led to being an almost non existent band on the Japanese market. Unless they are getting ready for staying in North America only, it makes not sense to tour less, but to tour smarter. Bit smaller venues, to add in more festivals again.
    Berlin for example has the Wuhlheide, which looks like Waldbühne, just a better location and a tad smaller. 
    Post edited by marumaruko on
  • Options
    They can still sell out massive venues in South America as well. 🥑 
  • Options
    marumarukomarumaruko Frankfurt / Calgary Posts: 166
    Other topic.
    Judging from photos and stories about the current tour,
    It seems as if they actively chose to sell less GA tickets for the US shows than they could. 
    Do you think they are doing the same for the European shows? 

Honestly, I would prefer to have a bit more space to hang in the back without the shoving and pushing that usually goes on. 

• Options
    edoconedocon Posts: 314
    Other topic.
    Judging from photos and stories about the current tour,
    It seems as if they actively chose to sell less GA tickets for the US shows than they could. 
    Do you think they are doing the same for the European shows? 

Honestly, I would prefer to have a bit more space to hang in the back without the shoving and pushing that usually goes on. 

In Las Vegas and LA the GA felt more densely packed than recent tours. There was little, to no extra space in GA.
  • Options
    edoconedocon Posts: 314
    LA Night 2

• Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,815
    Zen23 said:
    The Japan treatment which led to being an almost non existent band on the Japanese market. Unless they are getting ready for staying in North America only, it makes not sense to tour less, but to tour smarter. Bit smaller venues, to add in more festivals again.
    Berlin for example has the Wuhlheide, which looks like Waldbühne, just a better location and a tad smaller. 
    It makes perfect sense, if you're going to take the cost and time to tour abroad, not just the band but the entire crew, and the result is subpar ticket sales. You just do it less.

Why put the effort of playing a smaller venue in Berlin, when you can play a larger venue in the states at a fraction of the travel and transport costs?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    That's a good point -- just make more Europeans travel here if they want to see the band.