Options

Ticket prices. This is not for you (the fans).

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,741
    kmcmanus said:
    Jeff turns 61 this weekend. Matt is already 61. How many more chances will we get? Almost everything costs more than it used to, it sucks. But some things are worth splurging on. If you had asked me in 2016 if I would have ever seen Petty or Soundgarden again I would have said “of course”, and I would have been wrong. So if I have to pay $18 more for MSG this year than I paid for Indy last year, I’m at peace with that. Especially considering that the tix are a drop in the bucket for getting to/staying in NYC & Indy from Syracuse. 
    This isn’t gonna last forever. And I doubt we’re gonna get advance notice when it ends. So I’m gonna act accordingly. 
    Wise man, I was the same with REM, their new album dropped and I thought it was amazing, looked forward to seeing them tour it but that never happened, and they never played again. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,965
    pdalowsky said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I ll throw in some cash to get @lastexitlondon to a show.  Come on rob you know you want to go!!! 
    Im definitely game for this, and if Rob refuses to come along we can get a united shirt mailed to him ;)
    Ha ha.  Yes!!!! 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    GW2553GW2553 AMORICA Posts: 58
    on2legs said:
    Check the prices of a Broadway play.  You’re easily paying $250 a ticket face value for lower level seating.  And they perform a show like 8 times a week.  For months or even years.  When you compare it to a concert that is one or two nights only in your city every 3 years, suddenly the price of a concert ticket seems more reasonable.  
    As someone who just shelled out for Tommy on Broadway, I concur.

I will say that B-way has a lot of moving parts, live musicians, stage hands, make-up costumes etc.

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,551
    pdalowsky said:
    kmcmanus said:
    Jeff turns 61 this weekend. Matt is already 61. How many more chances will we get? Almost everything costs more than it used to, it sucks. But some things are worth splurging on. If you had asked me in 2016 if I would have ever seen Petty or Soundgarden again I would have said “of course”, and I would have been wrong. So if I have to pay $18 more for MSG this year than I paid for Indy last year, I’m at peace with that. Especially considering that the tix are a drop in the bucket for getting to/staying in NYC & Indy from Syracuse. 
    This isn’t gonna last forever. And I doubt we’re gonna get advance notice when it ends. So I’m gonna act accordingly. 
    Wise man, I was the same with REM, their new album dropped and I thought it was amazing, looked forward to seeing them tour it but that never happened, and they never played again. 
    I saw them for the Green tour just before I left home to join the Navy. I never got another chance to catch them live again. I regret not making more of an effort to see them again.
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 577
    kmcmanus said:
    Spot on.  I passed on the Home and Away shows in 2018 because they weren’t coming anywhere close and I had just done Fenway in 2016.  Figured I’d just catch them on the next one.  Then Covid hit.  I still wasn’t ready to travel in 2022, but made a last minute decision to drive 6 hours to Louisville for Bourbon and Beyond.  Worth the trip but not the biggest fan of festival shows so 2024 will be the first time seeing a proper PJ show in 8 years.  Never know when that might be the case so going to take advantage of the opportunity while it’s here.           
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,936
    There are several musical acts I regret not seeing because I figured I'd catch them next time or whatever.  Outside of the cost of college degrees, I don't recall any times regretting what I spent on something after the fact.  I mean that one dude in college definitely ripped me off on a dime bag, but whatever.  
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,041
    on2legs said:
    kaw753 said:
    I actually care more that the shows have gone from 35 songs down to 22 songs than I am about the tickets being $50 more. By the time I pay for travel and the time to get there, it isn't really worth it for a single show.

It is like how it now costs $20 to go to Chipotle and the employee shakes the scoop several times to make sure I don't get that extra cube of chicken.

I stopped getting double orange chicken at Panda Express for this reason. Now I get orange chicken and Mongolian beef. But maybe I'll try this method and go back to double OC.
  • Options
    edited March 6
    SHZA said:
    Zod said:
    23scidoo said:
    pjhawks said:
    It's really got to suck for the guys in the band to be held to standards they set for themselves 25-30 years ago. I sure as heck don't want people in my life to hold me to the same standards or beliefs I had when I was 20-25 years old. Maybe stop holding them to those standards of yesteryear  or put them on a pedestal that they are above what other bands do or charge.  No system they implement is going to be perfect, but the more 10C seats and the availability of every show is still pretty damn good.  The premium prices is a really easy decision for most people. Either you are ok with paying it or not.  It shouldn't be a two week bitch fest about the cost in my opinion because the old days aren't coming back.
    Right?

They fought for their fanbase that was 16 to 26 years old primarily at the time....which btw is when you are at your poorest.

If you can't afford shows now... No one to blame but the choices you have made of your own free will. 30 years later and you haven't grown and made more money? Take a long hard look in the mirror before blaming the band. Your decisions aren't the bands fault. Plenty of things to complain about in this world and Pearl Jam ticket prices aren't one of them. 
    Very bad..its the second time i think im reading posts about ''life choices''..ridiculous..
    not exactly ridiculous.   I think the reason veteran act's can charge more is because on average they have older fans, who on average have higher amounts of disposable income.  Not everyone, but on average.

It's why when we were young PJ, Nirvana, etc.. tickets were pretty cheap, but a Stones show would cost 3x as much.  

It's also technically the cycle many people go through in their career.   Late teen's and 20's, you figure out some education, figure out skills sets, build a career.   Get into your 30's you try to make sure you own a home and start building equity.  Get to your 40s and 50s and you should be in peak earning years (due to skills and experience).    That's when you do a lot of retirement saving etc.. Lots of people go through that cycle, it's not really ridiculous.   Yes some people get hit by the bad luck bus, but that's how it works for many people.

Like for me, the hardest tickets I ever bought were the ones for the 2000 tour. They were all US dates, FX rate was awful, it was my first year of university. I think after FX the Seattle tickets worked out to about 60cdn.   That was so hard to scrape up money.  a $208cdn 2024 ticket seems way less painful to me than a $60 2000 ticket.
    I think saying that anyone who would feel financial strain from paying the current prices must have made poor "life choices" is a bad and condescending take. Any individual's financial circumstance is based on many factors. Not everyone has the same opportunities, priorities, or family situation. And misfortune can strike though no choice at all. If someone devotes their career to public service, teaching, etc., implying that they made a bad choice because concert tickets are less affordable is pretty insulting. 
    Exactly. I posted the other day how easily medical bills can add up. I don't feel like I made any poor decisions (education or career wise). I did good in school, I got into teaching. It was about 10-12 years into my teaching career that I realized the pay is going to always suck and do I start over somewhere else at almost 40, most likely taking a pay cut for several years doing something else, or keep going? I decided to keep going. It didn't make sense to start a new career at the bottom when we were just starting a family. But if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't go into teaching.
    A couple years ago the board made a huge deal that they granted us a $2000 raise for the year, patted themselves on the back real hard, then a month later announced cost of insurance was going up by $500 a month because the district was covering $500 less of it (total cost of premiums was the same). I don't need to point out our raise was actually a pay cut.
    I'm definitely not where I thought I would be when I started this job, and I don't think its a result of poor decisions on my part..
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    SHZA said:
    Zod said:
    23scidoo said:
    pjhawks said:
    It's really got to suck for the guys in the band to be held to standards they set for themselves 25-30 years ago. I sure as heck don't want people in my life to hold me to the same standards or beliefs I had when I was 20-25 years old. Maybe stop holding them to those standards of yesteryear  or put them on a pedestal that they are above what other bands do or charge.  No system they implement is going to be perfect, but the more 10C seats and the availability of every show is still pretty damn good.  The premium prices is a really easy decision for most people. Either you are ok with paying it or not.  It shouldn't be a two week bitch fest about the cost in my opinion because the old days aren't coming back.
    Right?

They fought for their fanbase that was 16 to 26 years old primarily at the time....which btw is when you are at your poorest.

If you can't afford shows now... No one to blame but the choices you have made of your own free will. 30 years later and you haven't grown and made more money? Take a long hard look in the mirror before blaming the band. Your decisions aren't the bands fault. Plenty of things to complain about in this world and Pearl Jam ticket prices aren't one of them. 
    Very bad..its the second time i think im reading posts about ''life choices''..ridiculous..
    not exactly ridiculous.   I think the reason veteran act's can charge more is because on average they have older fans, who on average have higher amounts of disposable income.  Not everyone, but on average.

It's why when we were young PJ, Nirvana, etc.. tickets were pretty cheap, but a Stones show would cost 3x as much.  

It's also technically the cycle many people go through in their career.   Late teen's and 20's, you figure out some education, figure out skills sets, build a career.   Get into your 30's you try to make sure you own a home and start building equity.  Get to your 40s and 50s and you should be in peak earning years (due to skills and experience).    That's when you do a lot of retirement saving etc.. Lots of people go through that cycle, it's not really ridiculous.   Yes some people get hit by the bad luck bus, but that's how it works for many people.

Like for me, the hardest tickets I ever bought were the ones for the 2000 tour. They were all US dates, FX rate was awful, it was my first year of university. I think after FX the Seattle tickets worked out to about 60cdn.   That was so hard to scrape up money.  a $208cdn 2024 ticket seems way less painful to me than a $60 2000 ticket.
    I think saying that anyone who would feel financial strain from paying the current prices must have made poor "life choices" is a bad and condescending take. Any individual's financial circumstance is based on many factors. Not everyone has the same opportunities, priorities, or family situation. And misfortune can strike though no choice at all. If someone devotes their career to public service, teaching, etc., implying that they made a bad choice because concert tickets are less affordable is pretty insulting. 
    Exactly. I posted the other day how easily medical bills can add up. I don't feel like I made any poor decisions (education or career wise). I did good in school, I got into teaching. It was about 10-12 years into my teaching career that I realized the pay is going to always suck and do I start over somewhere else at almost 40, most likely taking a pay cut for several years doing something else, or keep going? I decided to keep going. It didn't make sense to start a new career at the bottom when we were just starting a family. But if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't go into teaching.
    A couple years ago the board made a huge deal that they granted us a $2000 raise for the year, patted themselves on the back real hard, then a month later announced cost of insurance was going up by $500 a month because the district was covering $500 less of it (total cost of premiums was the same). I don't need to point out our raise was actually a pay cut.
    I'm definitely not where I thought I would be when I started this job, and I don't think its a result of poor decisions on my part..
    My wife has been a high school Special Education teacher in a rural district for close to 20 years. She is not getting rich by any means. She likes to say her job is about the outcome, not the income. Fortunately my job has somewhat decently priced insurance, because what she is offered through her school district is way out of line.  
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    SHZA said:
    Zod said:
    23scidoo said:
    pjhawks said:
    Right?

My wife has been a high school Special Education teacher in a rural district for close to 20 years. She is not getting rich by any means. She likes to say her job is about the outcome, not the income. Fortunately my job has somewhat decently priced insurance, because what she is offered through her school district is way out of line.  
    This made me laugh. In an irritated way.
    Last year the police department got an 18% raise I think it was, when asked about it the chief/sheriff, whichever it was, said he wanted to give them 30% because they deserve it, but negotiated to 18%. In the same conference our super announced a 3% raised, when asked why only 3%, he said because teachers work "for the outcome, not the income."
    I wanted to resign right there, but unfortunately I had bills to pay.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    SHZA said:
    Zod said:
    23scidoo said:
    pjhawks said:
    Right?

Last year the police department got an 18% raise I think it was, when asked about it the chief/sheriff, whichever it was, said he wanted to give them 30% because they deserve it, but negotiated to 18%. In the same conference our super announced a 3% raised, when asked why only 3%, he said because teachers work "for the outcome, not the income."
    Wow, I don't blame you for being mad. It is one thing for teachers to be pragmatic about their pay, it is something completely different and offensive for a district to use that mentality and justification when negotiating contracts with the teachers.   
  • Options
    marra2312marra2312 Posts: 49
    on2legs said:
    Tjm007 said:
    on2legs said:
    Check the prices of a Broadway play.  You’re easily paying $250 a ticket face value for lower level seating.  And they perform a show like 8 times a week.  For months or even years.  When you compare it to a concert that is one or two nights only in your city every 3 years, suddenly the price of a concert ticket seems more reasonable.  
    If the alternative is listen to a PJ album in the morning then cycle down to the pub for a few drinks with mates in the sun then home to watch Glastonbury on the telly vs £160 ticket plus £25 train then long queues, crap food  plus crap £8 beers to watch an ant sized Stone Gossard play through a crap stadium sound system then I will see you at the  Dog and Duck. I love PJ and have been a fan for 30+ years but sh1t venue and sh1t price swings the balance.
    I certainly respect your take and it definitely has to make sense financially for people.  I realize the Euro tour was a big sticker shock to fans in those countries.  I’m not happy about the price creeping ever upward either.  But I’ve never regretted going to a Pearl Jam show… even if it wasn’t an optimal experience (Wrigley with the rain or SHN with the festival setup).  And it’s usually a fantastic experience.  Seeing them 4 or 5 times in a tour can get pricey, but they don’t tour every year.  So if you divide the total cost by 3, it makes it a more reasonable expense in my mind and more comparable to seeing a band once or twice on a yearly basis. 

See, Wrigley in the rain in 2018 was one of my favourite concert experiences of any band over the 25 or so years I've been watching live music.

And reinforces for me the point that there's never one position on this that is more right than the other. Those that believe the value just isn't there anymore are right. Those that think the opposite are also right. There's no objective measure for something like this.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,490
    marra2312 said:
    on2legs said:
    Tjm007 said:
    on2legs said:
    If the alternative is listen to a PJ album in the morning then cycle down to the pub for a few drinks with mates in the sun then home to watch Glastonbury on the telly vs £160 ticket plus £25 train then long queues, crap food  plus crap £8 beers to watch an ant sized Stone Gossard play through a crap stadium sound system then I will see you at the  Dog and Duck. I love PJ and have been a fan for 30+ years but sh1t venue and sh1t price swings the balance.
    I certainly respect your take and it definitely has to make sense financially for people.  I realize the Euro tour was a big sticker shock to fans in those countries.  I’m not happy about the price creeping ever upward either.  But I’ve never regretted going to a Pearl Jam show… even if it wasn’t an optimal experience (Wrigley with the rain or SHN with the festival setup).  And it’s usually a fantastic experience.  Seeing them 4 or 5 times in a tour can get pricey, but they don’t tour every year.  So if you divide the total cost by 3, it makes it a more reasonable expense in my mind and more comparable to seeing a band once or twice on a yearly basis. 

See, Wrigley in the rain in 2018 was one of my favourite concert experiences of any band over the 25 or so years I've been watching live music.

And reinforces for me the point that there's never one position on this that is more right than the other. Those that believe the value just isn't there anymore are right. Those that think the opposite are also right. There's no objective measure for something like this.

The 3 hour rain delay in 2013 at Wrigley was definitely not one of my favorite concert experiences.  But I'm so glad I went.  Don't regret it for a minute.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,189
    Double meat Chipotle worked I'm happy to report. I got the same big scoop 2x! LOL!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Double meat Chipotle worked I'm happy to report. I got the same big scoop 2x! LOL!

Woot!    =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,178
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    SHZA said:
    Zod said:
    23scidoo said:
    pjhawks said:
    Right?

The benefit for teachers hopefully is the opportunity to work into their sixties if desired. Those of us suckers in private industry have a much better chance getting gunned down by the corporate layoff master before our 59th birthdays. 
  • Options
    edited March 6
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    SHZA said:
    Zod said:
    23scidoo said:
    pjhawks said:
    Right?

The benefit for teachers hopefully is the opportunity to work into their sixties if desired. Those of us suckers in private industry have a much better chance getting gunned down by the corporate layoff master before our 59th birthdays. 
    3 years ago the most experienced non-tenured teachers got called into the office. The principal let us all go. We all had 10-15 years of experience but were new to the district, so we weren't tenured.
    The district was fighting budget cuts and that's how they solved it, layoff a 15 year veteran and replace him with a brand new teacher for about 60% of the salary.
    They did that across the district and shaved off a few million. So there isn't always security.
    I've seen even worse things. Make an older teacher's schedule so miserable they retire, or move him from high school to middle school art after 20 years working in the building. All usually just to replace experienced teachers with new ones.
    You're usually allowed to teach 1 class outside of your credential. Tell a teacher history teacher who is planning on retiring in a year  or two that he now has remedial algebra 1 for students lacking skills added to his schedule, and he'll probably just retire.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    SHZA said:
    Zod said:
    23scidoo said:
    pjhawks said:
    Right?

3 years ago the most experienced non-tenured teachers got called into the office. The principal let us all go. We all had 10-15 years of experience but were new to the district, so we weren't tenured.
    The district was fighting budget cuts and that's how they solved it, layoff a 15 year veteran and replace him with a brand new teacher for about 60% of the salary.
    They did that across the district and shaved off a few million. So there isn't always security.
    I've seen even worse things. Make an older teacher's schedule so miserable they retire, or move him from high school to middle school art after 20 years working in the building. All usually just to replace experienced teachers with new ones.
    You're usually allowed to teach 1 class outside of your credential. Tell a teacher history teacher who is planning on retiring in a year  or two that he now has remedial algebra 1 for students lacking skills added to his schedule, and he'll probably just retire.

My brother-in-law is a teacher.  He was named Teacher of the Year for his district at his first job and then was let go two days later due to budget cuts and not having tenure. 

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,974
    May/September touring. This is not for you (the teachers).

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    SHZA said:
    Zod said:
    23scidoo said:
    pjhawks said:
    Right?

My brother-in-law is a teacher.  He was named Teacher of the Year for his district at his first job and then was let go two days later due to budget cuts and not having tenure. 
    Unfortunately that was pretty common about 15 years ago. Many times there would only be 1 or 2 people in a department not on tenure, so even if you were teacher of the year you would get dismissed. But if you had teacher of the year you likely had no problem getting a job somewhere else. Often at the same school once all the summer shuffle chaos was over and they reposted the same job they let you go over.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,011
    time to rename the thread Chipotle Tips. This is definitely for you (the fans).
  • Options

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,178
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    SHZA said:
    Zod said:
    23scidoo said:
    pjhawks said:
    Right?

Damn sorry to hear that. Here on LI, among the most successful are public school teachers (for most districts). Their unions are almost as tough as the teamsters. Most 55 yo early retirement folks around here are former teachers. Probably why MSG premium prices are so high.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,061
    time to rename the thread Chipotle Tips. This is definitely for you (the fans).
    My tip - don't eat there. In NYC fast food type restaurants have to post on the menu if the sodium levels are above the daily recommended allowance. Last time I went into a Chipotle every single item on the menu had the little warning salt shaker icon next to it - Every single item! Since i try not to eat too much sodium, I walked out. Hopefully, it has changed in the past few years, but unlikely. Even McDonald's has many menu items without the salt shaker icon next to them.

• Options
    NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,304
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    SHZA said:
    Zod said:
    23scidoo said:
    pjhawks said:
    Right?

Seems like us teachers have a decent chance of getting gunned down as well.
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Options
    monkeewrenchmonkeewrench Posts: 946
    How Ticketmaster Took Over Live Music  On the Media  WNYC Studios
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,231
    My job has challenges also
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    I'm going to guess Europeans just mostly make far less money then USA?

If you stop looking at the premium pricing - I feel this tour was really fair for modern day standards and incomes here in the USA. 

Noblesville is that way because it was a postponed show and has very limited seating left to start with. Most of the venue was already sold in 2023 and held on to.
    $200 is normal for a US show? Wow. 
    NO, $200 is not a normal, for this PJ tour in US, arena shows face value was $175 and $185, last tour was $161.50, I am going to both nights of Las Vegas with my wife, I am paying roughly $800, JUST for tickets, I'm NOT BLAMING the band or ANYONE, but this will simply be the LAST time I ever see PJ more than once on ANY of their future tours as a few tours ago, at least the shows were WAY LONGER and the tickets were half the price, now the concerts have been condensed to 1 long set and 1 encore, similar to 2000, again, not blaming anyone, but I'll stick to traveling to see Phish and My Morning Jacket for multiple shows, this is my last waltz for doing it with PJ.  My Morning Jacket just announced a 4 night run at The Fillmore in SF, tickets will be hard, but face value is $99.00.
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options

If you stop looking at the premium pricing - I feel this tour was really fair for modern day standards and incomes here in the USA. 

Noblesville is that way because it was a postponed show and has very limited seating left to start with. Most of the venue was already sold in 2023 and held on to.
    Yes. Yes it is.
    I'm going to see Neil Young and Crazy Horse on May 1st in Austin, $88 after fees for GREAT lawn seats.
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009

• Options

Just got a FB Memory post showing my ticket stub from Springsteen 

$150 for GA floor.... 8 years ago....before fees....

$200 USD for a ticket in 2024 is absolutely consistent with the current market
    I just saw Springsteen last year, you know, the tour that EVERYONE was complaining about the ticket prices, before people start claiming that $200 is "normal" in the US, you have to realize it's 100% based on WHERE the concert is taking place.

I went to 3 Springsteen shows in Texas last year and paid, $115 in Dallas, $88 TOTAL for 2 tickets in Houston and $120 in Austin, again, this was the tour EVERYONE was crying about tickets prices, I looked at prices for his east coast shows and they were WAY higher, again, it all depends on where the concert is taking place, the United States is a VERY LARGE country, it is not accurate to just say that $200 is a normal fee for concerts in the ENTIRE country as every region and area is different.
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009