Options

Ticket prices. This is not for you (the fans).

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,377
    Hmmmmmmmmmm

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,026
    A lot of these posts come off as gross entitlement bordering on tantrum.

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,378
    I have a hard time thinking PJ sold out, but in regards to ticket prices, they're not really on the cheaper end or the most expensive end.   I feel they're cheaper than more veteran rock acts, more expensive than less veteran/popular acts, and compared to peers, they're kind of around (give or take) where their ticket prices are.  There does seem to be some exceptions for N.A. vs. Europe (which I had no idea until this, that European fans paid a lot less for concert tickets than we do).

It's definitely not the days of underpricing themselves compared to peers, nor do I feel like they're gouging compared to peers.  I understand why.   It's now the primary income generator for musicians, since piracy, and them streaming eroded making too much money on the actual music.  They've also got families and 30+ years of lifestyle creep. If something happens and the band couldn't tour anymore, they probably to know they'll be ok.

It also feels like we (as fans) lose a tiny bit more with every tour.   

It's a tough tug of war.    Still feel like I'll keep going while I can.   Mostly on the basis I won't need a concert budget when I'm older, as most of the bands I listen too are older than me, so there's high odds they age out before I do :(

Also, I did really like Avacado, also liked Backspacer a fair bit, so for me they haven't hit the Simpsons ratio yet :)
  • Options
    This is no place for fair nuanced takes!!

• Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 346
    JW19798 said:
    PJ sold out. 

They've far exceed "The Simpsons Threshold" of having more time where your records have sucked than the time when their records were quality. Celebrating their 25th year as a legacy band and nostalgia act, it's only right to embrace Dynamic Pricing.

Kurt Cobain was right about them.
    So, you’re a fan club member of a band you hate? Interesting🤔🤔🤔

Hey, when is the new Imagine Dragons record coming out? 
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,941
    JW19798 said:
    PJ sold out. 

They've far exceed "The Simpsons Threshold" of having more time where your records have sucked than the time when their records were quality. Celebrating their 25th year as a legacy band and nostalgia act, it's only right to embrace Dynamic Pricing.

So you joined the forum right when they started sucking? Makes sense
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,623
    edited March 4
    JW19798 said:
    PJ sold out. 

Most bands don’t last that long, and those that do rarely have amazing records late into their career because the newness wears off and we are used to the sound that set them apart. 

While the National puts out good records, their sound hasn’t changed much if any.  The songs while good are interchangeable.  PJ at least tries to do something different.  Unfortunately they havent struck gold too many times.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    smile6680smile6680 Posts: 355
    I wonder if the band reads or knows about the disgruntled fans or even care anymore! Or maybe they don’t have a clue on what’s happening with this issue 🤔
    They never respond to anything. Why? No one knows. 

I don't blame them for not reading this board. I too wouldn't want to read some of the negativity. The fans on here that defend and try and rationalize everything that the band does would scare me off even more. 
  • Options
    So the people who are complaining are the only rational ones. Got it. 
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 674
    the albums are all good up through Avacado, and while there’s a drop off after that it’s not like Backspacer, LB & Gigaton are bad per se, just less good. 
    There are a lot of really great bands that would love to have an album as good as Riot Act or Binaural. 
  • Options
    edited March 4
    People have been saying the band has been dropping off since Ten. We can relax on that point. 

Basically if you are here and emotional about something, this band still lands for you and firing off a keyboard missive that contains " The band has sucked since xxxx..." is just being a butt hurt person spouting off.

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • Options
    smile6680 said:
    I wonder if the band reads or knows about the disgruntled fans or even care anymore! Or maybe they don’t have a clue on what’s happening with this issue 🤔
    The fans on here that defend and try and rationalize everything that the band does would scare me off even more. 
    No it's definitely the guys attempting to channel Cobain lol
  • Options
    I like the guys who project sadism onto the band. "You know what really freaks them out? When people say supportive things."
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,444

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    $1919 for one reserved floor seat at MSG.  I guess it’s worth it to someone.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,583
    $1919 for one reserved floor seat at MSG.  I guess it’s worth it to someone.  
    Ridiculous. 
  • Options
    LF183187LF183187 Posts: 12
    20 year fan club member, couldn’t get a ticket in a stadium. Complete fucking joke, Pearl Jam. Seriously, fuck you pop stars. 
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 670
    JW19798 said:
    PJ sold out. 

Says the person with 3 visits and 1 post. Where did you come from?
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,277
    edited March 5
    LF183187 said:
    20 year fan club member, couldn’t get a ticket in a stadium. Complete fucking joke, Pearl Jam. Seriously, fuck you pop stars. 
    Tell us you don’t know how a lottery works without saying you don’t know how a lottery works.

And I got shut out of my two hometown shows before you come at me.  It’s not a 100 percent guarantee in a lottery and verified fan.  It’s really not that difficult to understand.  And if not getting a ticket is the biggest disappointment of your 2024 you are gonna still have a great year
  • Options
    Is “pop stars” supposed to be a pejorative?
  • Options
    “Fuck you band of musical artists” 
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,642
    LF183187 said:
    30 year member here that was shutout of Wrigley but I also understand supply and demand and that tix will be available later. It’s really not a huge deal. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,812
    LF183187 said:
    Now, That's What I Call Bitching! Vol.11
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896
    LF183187 said:

24 (non-consecutive) year fan club member, got tickets in a stadium. Complete random lottery, Pearl Jam. Seriously, thank you pop stars.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    Yeah, mostly just disappointed with the ticket prices. Seem excessive, me as a person with “high” income by statistical standards. Guess I’m officially old at 39. Not so much the lottery loss. Pearl Jam are playing in the Taylor Swift sandbox I guess. Must’ve just discovered Ayn Rand or something. 
    Maybe they will play the RNC soon. 
  • Options
    I acknowledge my bitching. Just disappointed that the band I love is catering to the elites, or just comfortable loyal fans will devote a disproportionate amount of their income to them. Either way, it’s not like my loss of support for the group means anything to them. I was a rural kid who discovered so much through this band in the nineties, have seen a lot of great shows, had a lot of god times, but now that is over. Best live band I’ve ever seen, time and time again, but this just doesn’t align with their messaging or what I’ve always assumed what the band stood for. The middle class and the left is dead, and they are clearly ok with that. The band has meant so much to me for a long time, and this is just a straw that broke the camel’s back moment. It’s just obscene greed. 

LF183187 said:
    Now, That's What I Call Bitching! Vol.11

• Options
    Yes. Another group with obscene wealth pretending to be champions of the people. Right up there with our insider trading “left wing” we have in congress. They are probably all friends. 

Is “pop stars” supposed to be a pejorative?

• Options

It’s more price related. Just disappointed. Life goes on. 
    pjhawks said:
    LF183187 said:
    Tell us you don’t know how a lottery works without saying you don’t know how a lottery works.

And I got shut out of my two hometown shows before you come at me.  It’s not a 100 percent guarantee in a lottery and verified fan.  It’s really not that difficult to understand.  And if not getting a ticket is the biggest disappointment of your 2024 you are gonna still have a great year

• Options
    LF183187 said:
    Yeah, mostly just disappointed with the ticket prices. Seem excessive, me as a person with “high” income by statistical standards. Guess I’m officially old at 39. Not so much the lottery loss. Pearl Jam are playing in the Taylor Swift sandbox I guess. Must’ve just discovered Ayn Rand or something. 
    Ayn Am Mine

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,583
    LF183187 said:
    I would love to see them play the RNC. It would end up looking like a Doors concert with security cutting the power and dragging the band off of the stage part of the way through after Eddie ripped into the crowd. A set list of Green Disease, I am a Patriot, a customized version of Bu$hleaguer. It would be great.